Chaos in the Old World

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Chaos in the Old World

Post by bb2112 »

That almost makes the ass whoopin I'm going to get worth it.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Play Doomwheel in Norsca cost 1 power, 4 of 6 remaining
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 5, Summoning Phase

Old World Effects:

Teclis Aids the Empire: Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in any region. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token. Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Upgrades:

Khorne: Bloodletter: Khorne gains two victory points each time he kills a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter). Vengeance: In any region where Khorne rolls at least one battle die, he may roll one additional battle die.

Nurgle: Cavalcade of Decay: Any region containing five or more Cultists is considered Populous.

Tzeentch: Horrors: Horrors: When Tzeentch plays a Chaos card with a magic symbol, he may immediately summon a Horror (warrior) to that region for 0 power.

Slaanesh: Fall from Grace: If you place three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, collect two dial advancement counters instead of only one. Rise to Glory: When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to Slaanesh's domination value in that region. Daemonettes (warriors): When Slaanesh summons a Daemonette into a region, he may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Horned Rat: The Council of Thirteen: Once per round during the summoning phase, Horned Rat may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

Khorne is active.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Khorne summons Bloodletter into The Badlands.

Power remaining: 1/7
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Summon Cultist to The Badlands

3 power remaining
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And I shouldn't have a cultist in Troll Country. It should still be in reserve.
Jow

Post by Jow »

oops. that was something i just added cus in my bleary-eyed state today I went back and thought I missed it from an earlier time. thanks - corrected.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Summon the big dog to the badlands

power = 1/6
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh: Summon warrior from The Empire to The Badlands and take over cultist

Power: 1 of 6
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Play Grey Seer in Troll country to summon 2 cultists. 3 of 6 power remaining
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

Remus: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I show you having 2 power left after summoning Big Blue Daddy.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 5, Summoning Phase

Old World Effects:

Teclis Aids the Empire: Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in any region. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token. Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Upgrades:

Khorne: Bloodletter: Khorne gains two victory points each time he kills a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter). Vengeance: In any region where Khorne rolls at least one battle die, he may roll one additional battle die.

Nurgle: Cavalcade of Decay: Any region containing five or more Cultists is considered Populous.

Tzeentch: Horrors: Horrors: When Tzeentch plays a Chaos card with a magic symbol, he may immediately summon a Horror (warrior) to that region for 0 power.

Slaanesh: Fall from Grace: If you place three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, collect two dial advancement counters instead of only one. Rise to Glory: When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to Slaanesh's domination value in that region. Daemonettes (warriors): When Slaanesh summons a Daemonette into a region, he may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Horned Rat: The Council of Thirteen: Once per round during the summoning phase, Horned Rat may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

Khorne is active.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Khorne summons Cultist into Tilea.

Power remaining: 0/7
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

bb2112 wrote:Slaneesh: Summon warrior from The Empire to The Badlands and take over cultist

You, sir, are an ass. :P
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Summon Cultist from The Border Princes to The Badlands

2 power remaining
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I can't remember my password for handtracker (it is written down at home) so unless there is a way to recover it (I didn't see one) I won't be able to move until Sunday. Help?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Jow

Post by Jow »

There's nothing built-in, but lemme email the site admin and see if he'd be willing to help me/you out by resetting it or something.
Jow

Post by Jow »

He got back with me already - PM sent with the password.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Slaneesh: Summon warrior from The Empire to The Badlands and take over cultist

You, sir, are an ass. :P
What? You can have him back after I'm done with him. That is if the other guys don't kill him first. :ninja:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jow wrote:Remus: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I show you having 2 power left after summoning Big Blue Daddy.
You are correct.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Play Warpshock 1 in trollcountry

power 1/6

Now with accurate power score shown. :doh:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh: Play Corrupt from Within in The Empire and move the Noble token to The Border Princes

Power: 0 of 6
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Remus West wrote:Play Warpshock 1 in trollcountry

power 1/6

well that sucks, my move was based in part on you only having 1 power left.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

rshetts2 wrote:

power 1/6

I'd be fine with backing up to that point in the game if you wanted. I don't see much point to it though as I doubt either of us have a very good shot at winning. Mostly trying to keep others from doing so now. Ruin as many places as possible so we all lose. :twisted:
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Remus West wrote:
rshetts2 wrote:

power 1/6

I'd be fine with backing up to that point in the game if you wanted. I don't see much point to it though as I doubt either of us have a very good shot at winning. Mostly trying to keep others from doing so now. Ruin as many places as possible so we all lose. :twisted:
Yeah, its really not a big deal. Im so far out of this its kind of moot.
Jow

Post by Jow »

I'll say this: don't overlook ruination VP. There are a whole mess of regions that are really close to ruination and several going at once is a ton of points. Lot can happen in one turn and if Slaanesh doesn't get his dial tick this turn...
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Jow wrote:I'll say this: don't overlook ruination VP. There are a whole mess of regions that are really close to ruination and several going at once is a ton of points. Lot can happen in one turn and if Slaanesh doesn't get his dial tick this turn...
If I don't get my dial click this turn, you can pretty much hand the game to Khorne. He already has a ton of points and he is going to get a ton more this turn. He is scary.
Jow

Post by Jow »

except you get another turn after that where you can still win by dial. Khorne probably won't be getting ruination spoils this turn so that means he'd have to kill 7 figures to hit 50; his dice would have to be off the charts for that to happen.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Do dial ticks come before or after ruination (in other words, do we have time to destroy the whole world before anyone could win if it goes to next round)?
Jow

Post by Jow »

dial ticks will be counted before a check for endgame is made (which includes checking if ruined regions >= 5), yeah.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jow wrote:dial ticks will be counted before a check for endgame is made (which includes checking if ruined regions >= 5), yeah.
But winning via Dial Ticks is part of checking for endgame I assume as it ends the game. So what order is that check done in?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Check for Game End
If any of the following four conditions are true, the game ends:
1. The game ends if one or more players’ Threat dials have reached their “Victory” dial instruction.
2. The game ends if one or more players have scored 50 or more victory points.
3. The game ends if five regions have been ruined.
4. The game ends if the Old World card deck is empty.

Each condition, and how the winner is determined for each, is described below.

Note that the four conditions are checked in order, and the game ends immediately when one of them is true.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Check for Game End
If any of the following four conditions are true, the game ends:
1. The game ends if one or more players’ Threat dials have reached their “Victory” dial instruction.
2. The game ends if one or more players have scored 50 or more victory points.
3. The game ends if five regions have been ruined.
4. The game ends if the Old World card deck is empty.

Each condition, and how the winner is determined for each, is described below.

Note that the four conditions are checked in order, and the game ends immediately when one of them is true.
phooey. So, we need to plot to ruin 3 areas this round if possible while still keeping bb2112 from getting a dial tick.
Jow

Post by Jow »

keep in mind, having the game end with 5 ruinations doesn't mean all players lose. At that point, the player with the most VP wins (assuming no one wins by dial).
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jow wrote:keep in mind, having the game end with 5 ruinations doesn't mean all players lose. At that point, the player with the most VP wins (assuming no one wins by dial).
Bah. You suck. I wanted it to be nobody wins. At least that gave me something to shoot for. Now I feel like I should have stayed out of the fight and let Khorne keep bb2112 from winning or not on his own.
Jow

Post by Jow »

If nobody wins by the end of the 7th turn, THEN the Old World wins and you all suck equally. Not likely that's gonna happen with Slaanesh one tick away, but crazier things have happened.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Just a reminder as it's been nearly five days since the last turn: Horned Rat, you're up.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

sorry lost track and didnt realize it was my turn.

Place a cultist in Kislev power 2/6
Last edited by rshetts2 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Crap - hold the phone. I went to process all your turns and realized Slaanesh played a Chaos card into a ruined region, which can't be done. For the record, here's the rules blurb on what can and can't be done with ruined regions:

When a region is ruined (i.e., when a ruined region card
is found there, either faceup or facedown), the following
rules affect that region:

• New Chaos cards cannot be played to that region.
• New Old World tokens cannot be placed in that
region (although existing Old World tokens are not
necessarily removed at the time of ruination).
• During the corruption phase, no victory points are
scored for dominating that region (i.e., domination is
not checked for that region).
• During the corruption phase, no corruption tokens
are placed in that region.

All other normal rules for regions remain in effect for
ruined regions. Battle still occurs in a ruined region
each round, such a region is still adjacenct to other
regions, it still occupies the same slot in the standard
region order, and so on.

So, Slaanesh needs to choose another action and we need to give Horned Rat a chance to rethink his turn based on that updated action.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Revised:

Slaneesh: Play Corrupt from Within in Bretonnia and move the Noble token to The Border Princes

Power: 0 of 6

Sorry.