Chaos in the Old World

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Chaos in the Old World

Post by bb2112 »

Cards drawn and ready to go
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

cards drawn!
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Cards drawn.

Khorne summons Bloodletter into The Badlands.

Power remaining: 5/7
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jow wrote:Image
Quoted so that I don't have to toggle pages to go looking for it.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Summon cultist to Troll Country

5 Power remaining

And the PP on the board need to be reset.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:Summon cultist to Troll Country

5 Power remaining

And the PP on the board need to be reset.
You can not reach Troll Country. You need to be adjacent to summon a figure to a region.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Wharrgarbl.

The Border Princes, then.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Play - (M) Convocation - 1 - "When you play this card, you may move up to three of your figures from any region on the board to this region" - in the Badlands.

Pull both Horrors from Norsca to the Badlands. Pull one cultist from the Empire to the Badlands. Per my upgrade when I play a card with a magic symbol I can summon a horror to the region for free - pull the Horror from the Border Princes into the Badlands.

power = 5/6

bb2112's turn.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Wow. I will have to look at an updated board.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:Wow. I will have to look at an updated board.
I pulled three horrors and a cultist into the Badlands. For 1 power. You want your final tick mark you'll need to earn it. :P
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Wow. I will have to look at an updated board.
I pulled three horrors and a cultist into the Badlands. For 1 power. You want your final tick mark you'll need to earn it. :P
I was trying to figure out a way to deal with Khorne who was marshalling his forces to come after me. Then for 1 power you just moved in an army. Now I'm at a loss...
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

You're welcome. :twisted:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:You're welcome. :twisted:
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:
Remus West wrote:You're welcome. :twisted:
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
I thought it meant that I didn't lube up or give you a reach around. :twisted:
Jow

Post by Jow »

Are you waiting on me to post an updated board, BB? I'll do so ASAP, current with Remus's turn.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Okay. All is well, except Remus: convocation only allows you to bring units from one region but the three you're trying to bring in (cultist and two horrors) are from two different. I am assuming you would rather bring the horrors than the cultist ( :mrgreen: ) so that's the way I'm updating the board. Let me know if you wanted differently.
Jow

Post by Jow »

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I will wait until I hear back from Remus before deciding what the heck I'm going to do. I would rather not tip my hand (such that it is) until Remus is locked in.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:I will wait until I hear back from Remus before deciding what the heck I'm going to do. I would rather not tip my hand (such that it is) until Remus is locked in.
board is good.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh: Play Pleasure Shield - 2 - Double the defense values of your figures in this region in 'The Badlands

Power: 4 of 6
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Play Doomwheel in Norsca, for 1 power. 5/6 power remaining
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

Correction: During battle phase I did not award Khorne VP for killing figures based on his upgrade; this will be corrected in the update I'm about to post.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 5, Summoning Phase

Old World Effects:

Teclis Aids the Empire: Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in any region. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token. Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Upgrades:

Khorne: Bloodletter: Khorne gains two victory points each time he kills a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter). Vengeance: In any region where Khorne rolls at least one battle die, he may roll one additional battle die.

Nurgle: Cavalcade of Decay: Any region containing five or more Cultists is considered Populous.

Tzeentch: Horrors: Horrors: When Tzeentch plays a Chaos card with a magic symbol, he may immediately summon a Horror (warrior) to that region for 0 power.

Slaanesh: Fall from Grace: If you place three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, collect two dial advancement counters instead of only one. Rise to Glory: When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to Slaanesh's domination value in that region. Daemonettes (warriors): When Slaanesh summons a Daemonette into a region, he may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Horned Rat: The Council of Thirteen: Once per round during the summoning phase, Horned Rat may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

Khorne is active.
Last edited by Jow on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Board is incorrect. Looks like an old version.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Hm? I just double-checked and it's exactly the same as the update posted earlier on this page with the two card plays by Slaanesh and Horned Rat. Am I missing something?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jow wrote:Hm? I just double-checked and it's exactly the same as the update posted earlier on this page with the two card plays by Slaanesh and Horned Rat. Am I missing something?
My play. You do not show my card in the Badlands nor do you show my three Horrors there.

Also, Nurgle's cultist in the Border Princes.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I'm seeing the discrepancy that Remus is seeing, too.

I've got a busy day today, but I'll try to get my move in as soon as possible.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Oddest thing - you obviously see those horrors in a previous board, but they do not appear in any of the last ten boards. Wtf...

Redoing.
Jow

Post by Jow »

rassin frassin...

Round 5, Summoning Phase

Old World Effects:

Teclis Aids the Empire: Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in any region. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token. Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Upgrades:

Khorne: Bloodletter: Khorne gains two victory points each time he kills a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter). Vengeance: In any region where Khorne rolls at least one battle die, he may roll one additional battle die.

Nurgle: Cavalcade of Decay: Any region containing five or more Cultists is considered Populous.

Tzeentch: Horrors: Horrors: When Tzeentch plays a Chaos card with a magic symbol, he may immediately summon a Horror (warrior) to that region for 0 power.

Slaanesh: Fall from Grace: If you place three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, collect two dial advancement counters instead of only one. Rise to Glory: When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to Slaanesh's domination value in that region. Daemonettes (warriors): When Slaanesh summons a Daemonette into a region, he may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Horned Rat: The Council of Thirteen: Once per round during the summoning phase, Horned Rat may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

Khorne is active.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jow wrote:Oddest thing - you obviously see those horrors in a previous board, but they do not appear in any of the last ten boards. Wtf...

Redoing.
The board posted right before the score update one has them.
Jow

Post by Jow »

that's what i meant - you can see them in the board posted earlier in the thread, but on the site where I manage the board there's no trace of the image that actually has those horrors in the right spot. It's a great resource but it's done flaky things like this from time to time.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Khorne summons Bloodletter into The Badlands.

Power remaining: 3/7
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Qantaga wrote:Khorne summons Bloodletter into The Badlands.

Just in case, if you hadn't thought of it, leave the big guy where he is. We need to stop him collecting a tick and he could also get one from Tilea. Nurgle shall have to watch Bretonnia.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote:
Qantaga wrote:Khorne summons Bloodletter into The Badlands.

Just in case, if you hadn't thought of it, leave the big guy where he is. We need to stop him collecting a tick and he could also get one from Tilea. Nurgle shall have to watch Bretonnia.

Aye. Good advice!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, if The Badlands is going to turn into a freaking sausage party,

Summon Cultist to The Badlands

4 power remaining
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Play Glean (0) in Norsca

Power 5/6

Now it is adjacent to ALL regions so if someone wanted to skitterleap out of there they might land in a place that could keep someone else from winning. :ninja:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Well, if The Badlands is going to turn into a freaking sausage party,
I suscribe to the George Carlin rule. Only one suasage per fantasy. So, get your sausages out of The Badlands!

I will make my play tonight.
Jow

Post by Jow »

This is getting pretty entertaining. :)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh: Summon cultist to The Badlands

Power: 3 of 6

In for a penny, going to get pounded.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:Slaneesh: Summon cultist to The Badlands

Power: 3 of 6

In for a penny, going to get pounded.
If I could get in Penny......
there would definitely be some pounding going on.