Chaos in the Old World

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Chaos in the Old World

Post by Remus West »

Summon Horror from Troll country to Border Princes

0/6 power remaining
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh: -1 Power to pull cultist from Tilea and summon it to The Badlands

Power: 4 of 6
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Place a cultist in Troll Country power remaining 2/6
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 4, Summoning Phase

Chaos effects:

Cards that have a magic symbol on them are noted by (M) in the description (and by a little symbol next to the card name in the board image).

Norsca: Warpstorm: (M) If Tzeentch kills one or more enemy figures in this region during the battle phase, he places a Warpstone token in this region. Havoc: (M) Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.

Troll Country: Havoc: (M) Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase. Verminous Horde: If Horned Rat has more figures than a single other player, the cost for opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.

Tilea: Bloodbath: Khorne places one corruption token for each enemy figure he kills in this region.

Old World Effects:

Teclis Aids the Empire: Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in any region. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token. Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Upgrades:

Khorne:

Bloodletter: Khorne gains two victory points each time he kills a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter.

Tzeentch:

Horrors: When Tzeentch plays a Chaos card with a magic symbol, he may immediately summon a Horror (warrior) to that region for 0 power.

Slaanesh:

Fall from Grace: If Slaanesh places three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, he collects two dial advancement counters instead of only one.

Rise to Glory: When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to Slaanesh's domination value in that region.

Daemonettes (warriors): When Slaanesh summons a Daemonette into a region, he may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Horned Rat:

The Council of Thirteen: Once per round during the summoning phase, Horned Rat may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

Nurgle is active.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Summon Warrior to Estalia

0 Power remaining
It's almost as if people are the problem.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Sorry, I didn't know it was my turn. :oops:

Power: 3 of 6
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Summon a cultist to troll country power remaining 1/6
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 4, Summoning Phase

Chaos effects:

Cards that have a magic symbol on them are noted by (M) in the description (and by a little symbol next to the card name in the board image).

Norsca: Warpstorm: (M) If Tzeentch kills one or more enemy figures in this region during the battle phase, he places a Warpstone token in this region. Havoc: (M) Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.

Troll Country: Havoc: (M) Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase. Verminous Horde: If Horned Rat has more figures than a single other player, the cost for opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.

Tilea: Bloodbath: Khorne places one corruption token for each enemy figure he kills in this region.

Old World Effects:

Teclis Aids the Empire: Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in any region. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token. Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Upgrades:

Khorne:

Bloodletter: Khorne gains two victory points each time he kills a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter.

Tzeentch:

Horrors: When Tzeentch plays a Chaos card with a magic symbol, he may immediately summon a Horror (warrior) to that region for 0 power.

Slaanesh:

Fall from Grace: If Slaanesh places three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, he collects two dial advancement counters instead of only one.

Rise to Glory: When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to Slaanesh's domination value in that region.

Daemonettes (warriors): When Slaanesh summons a Daemonette into a region, he may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Horned Rat:

The Council of Thirteen: Once per round during the summoning phase, Horned Rat may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

Slaanesh is active.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I think we are back to me.

Power: 2 of 6
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

One more cultist in Troll Country power: 0/6
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I believe I'm the last one with any power.

Slaneesh: -2 Power to pull Daemonette from Tilea and summon it to The Bretonia and taking control of one of Khorn's Cultist

Power: 0 of 6
Jow

Post by Jow »

Awright, getting to work on this after a busy weekend. 2 more rounds to go!
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 4, post-Summoning Phase

Chaos effects:

Old World Effects:

Upgrades:

Khorne:

Tzeentch:

Slaanesh:

Horned Rat:

Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 4, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Norsca: No battle.

Troll Country: No battle.

Kislev: No battle.

The Empire: Slaanesh rolls one hit (6,3, with a 2 on the reroll) and kills one Tzeentch cultist.

Bretonnia: Nurgle rolls one hit (2,3,1,3,5) and kills one Khorne cultist.

Waiting for:

Nurgle to choose a cultist to kill (since one of Khorne's cultists temporarily belongs to Slaanesh .
Last edited by Jow on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Havoc prevents battle dice in Troll Country. None of my units there will be killed.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Jow

Post by Jow »

shit, my bad. I didn't realize you had two Havocs out. Fixing.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Jow wrote: Waiting for:

Nurgle to choose a cultist to kill (since one of Khorne's cultists temporarily belongs to Slaanesh .
Does it matter? Are all battles simultaneous, or is there an order to it?
Jow

Post by Jow »

yeah it does.

1) battles occur in player order so khorne rolls dice and makes choices, then nurgle, etc. Only after all choices have been made are figures removed, however, so everyone gets to roll dice.
2) in this case, which cultist he chooses to die may have implications later in the corruption phase.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

In the interest of keeping it as much a 2-player race in that scenario, we'll drop the Slaneesh-owned Cultist.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 4, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

The Empire: Slaanesh rolls one hit (6,3, with a 2 on the reroll) and kills one Tzeentch cultist.

Bretonnia: Nurgle rolls one hit (2,3,1,3,5) and kills one Khorne cultist. Slaanesh rolls one miss.

Estalia: Khorne rolls two hits (2,6,3,5), killing two Nurgle warriors and earning a DAC. Nurgle rolls two hits (4,4) and must choose figures to kill.

Waiting for:

Nurgle to choose figures to kill in Estalia.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Drop a bloodletter.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 4, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Bretonnia: Nurgle rolls one hit (2,3,1,3,5) and kills one Khorne cultist. Slaanesh rolls one miss.

Estalia: Khorne rolls two hits (2,6,3,5), killing two Nurgle warriors and earning a DAC. Nurgle rolls two hits (4,4) and kills a Khorne warrior.

Tilea: Khorne rolls three hits (2,4,4,4,2,1) and kills one peasant.

The Border Princes: Khorne rolls one hit (4,2), kills one Slaanesh cultist, and earns a DAC. Tzeentch rolls one hit and kills the remaining Khorne warrior (in the spirit of avoiding more delays, I assumed you would kill the warrior and not a peasant. let me know if you actually want to kill the peasant)
Last edited by Jow on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Khorne targets the Slaanesh cultist.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 4, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Estalia: Khorne rolls two hits (2,6,3,5), killing two Nurgle warriors and earning a DAC. Nurgle rolls two hits (4,4) and kills a Khorne warrior.

Tilea: Khorne rolls three hits (2,4,4,4,2,1) and kills one peasant.

The Border Princes: Khorne rolls one hit (4,2), kills one Slaanesh cultist, and earns a DAC. Tzeentch rolls one hit and kills the remaining Khorne warrior (in the spirit of avoiding more delays, I assumed you would kill the warrior and not a peasant. let me know if you actually want to kill the peasant)

Post-battle board:

Last edited by Jow on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I actually want to kill the peasant. If I kill Khorne then he needs to place back here before being able to summon into the badlands and I don't want his entry there delayed.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Got it, and fixed. Will be processing the rest of the turn over the course of the day.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 4, Corruption Phase

Domination:

Norsca: Tzeentch scores one point.

Troll Country: Horned Rat scores one point and must make decision on Skitterleap.

Waiting for:

Horned Rat to decide on Skitterleap destination (if moving).
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I should be dropping corruption in both Troll Country and Norsca and picking up dial ticks from each due to that.
Jow

Post by Jow »

you will be - corruption phase happens after domination phase.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jow wrote:you will be - corruption phase happens after domination phase.
Oops. My fault, I thought they went at the same time. :oops:
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

sorry for the delay... Leap me over to Norsca
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 4, Corruption Phase

Domination:

Norsca: Tzeentch scores one point.

Troll Country: Horned Rat scores one point and shifts all his units from Troll Country to Norsca.

Kislev: No scoring.

The Empire: No scoring.

Bretonnia: Nurgle scores four VP.

Estalia: No scoring.

Tilea: No scoring.

The Border Princes: No scoring.

The Badlands: Slaanesh scores two VP.

Corruption:

Norsca: Tzeentch places two corruption and earns a DAC.

Troll Country: Tzeentch places two corruption and earns a DAC.

Kislev: No corruption placed.

The Empire: No corruption placed.

Bretonnia: Khorne places two corruption. Nurgle places three corruption and earns a DAC.

Estalia: Khorne places one corruption.

Tilea: No corruption placed.

The Border Princes: No corruption placed.

The Badlands: Slaanesh places five corruption and earns two DACs (via his upgrade).

Post Corruption Phase Board:

Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 4, End Phase

Remove Chaos cards: Done - no effects triggered.

Resolve Hero tokens: No heroes present.

Resolve End Phase Old World Cards: Nothing occurs in Tilea. Event token moves to region with most corruption (Bretonnia, with 11).

Score Ruined Regions: No scoring.

Advance Threat Dials: Since no player earned more DACs than another, all players except Horned Rat earn a single dial tick. Rewards are below.

23 - Upgrade
13 - Upgrade
19 - Score 3 VP
27 - Remove two Old World tokens.

Updated VP totals

Khorne: 30
Nurgle: 28
Tzeentch: 27
Slaanesh: 27
Horned Rat: 9

Check for game end: No.

Post End Phase Board (before decisions are made):

Things to happen in order: (please PM me with choices):

1. Khorne chooses an upgrade.
2. Slaanesh to choose two Old World tokens for removal.
3. Tzeentch may discard one card (if applicable).
Last edited by Jow on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Cavalcade of Decay
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Card discarded. I had to click "play" to do it though.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Yep, playing the card is the only way to dump it. BTW, handtracker only shows you have 7 cards remaining in your deck. Assuming the game goes that long, let me know when you run out and I will reshuffle the deck.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Slaanesh is removing warpstones from Tilea and Estalia.
Jow

Post by Jow »

I'm not sure I've ever seen the same OW card stick in position #1 for an entire game like this before.

Round 5, Old World Phase

RUN AWAY!!!!... take 2.

Up from Skavenblight

Place one Skaven token in every region, or adjacent to every region, where there is at least one Warpstone token. (Total Skaven equal to number of regions containing Warpstones.) If there are no Warpstone tokens in play, do nothing. - Discard this card instead of adding it to the Old World track.

Teclis Aids the Empire remains on the Old World track.

Old World Effects:

Upgrades:

Khorne: Bloodletter: Khorne gains two victory points each time he kills a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter). Vengeance: In any region where Khorne rolls at least one battle die, he may roll one additional battle die.

Nurgle: Cavalcade of Decay: Any region containing five or more Cultists is considered Populous.

Tzeentch: Horrors: Horrors: When Tzeentch plays a Chaos card with a magic symbol, he may immediately summon a Horror (warrior) to that region for 0 power.

Slaanesh: Fall from Grace: If you place three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, collect two dial advancement counters instead of only one. Rise to Glory: When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to Slaanesh's domination value in that region. Daemonettes (warriors): When Slaanesh summons a Daemonette into a region, he may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Horned Rat: The Council of Thirteen: Once per round during the summoning phase, Horned Rat may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

Things to happen:

1) Draw phase: Draw your cards!

Khorne is active in Summoning Phase, round 5.
Last edited by Jow on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Cards drawn
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Sorry fellas. Long week on the road. I'll get my cards drawn and turn played in about three hours, hopefully.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear