[WW] Fellowship of the Ring II - Conclusion

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

RMC

Re: [WW] Fellowship of the Ring II - Journey 3

Post by RMC »

Yeah.... What are the odds... Team evil has not missed at all. This is very bad.

Even if we free him, he only has two to pass too for a single turn. And one of those might be Gollum, so go figure..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Did someone give a list of players by height to evil? They have managed to capture or imprison first three nights in a row. Even worse, they still have their hunt order left so we are likely to lose someone tonite as well. So the bottom line is we find and lynch Saruman or we lose.
We know he Saruman cant be Bubbles, Tru1cy or BB2112 so that helps narrow the focus but we basically have 3 days to find him out of a pool of 11. We are going to need some luck of our own. Gandalfs scans dont reveal Saruman, if he does hit him, it only reveals that hes a servant. So if he scans a servant he wont know if its Saruman and has to decide if he should reveal his info. We also still have Gollum in the mix and he knows most of the potential ring bearers so if we manage to kill Saruman, Gollum may well snag the ring. Dark times await the Fellowship, my friends, dark times indeed.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
redrun

Post by redrun »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Mr Bubbles has been Imprisoned!
Assumptions, ideas, guesses, observations...

Mr. Bubbles was scanned tonight.
Evil appears to be going for the quiet players.
Some of the votes to scout are going to be evil.
If wise, Saurman will not be one of the votes, and will be one of the quiet ones.
However, I also see evil as really wanting the Hunt Orc turns to end as fast as possible.
Grund isn't one of the quiet ones - he's screaming for someone to pay attention to him. (Boromir?)

Remember, evil coordinates - so I think that they will not tend to be voting to Hunt Orc twice (both days), but will have spread it out... Big guess here.
Both of the final votes to hunt orc bother me. Both knew N-1. Both knew that everyone hadn't checked in yet. Qantaga especially - he needs to be watched closely.

Why Tru1cy and BB2112 for captures? I'd be scanning weaker players and capturing stronger players. Best chance of killing a player you want out of the game. (No offense Tru1cy or BB2112, but neither of you are known (yet) for posting long lists of analysis. Grund is. Remus is. Who else?) Did they not want to risk proving certain players? Shots in the dark? Scanning players they'd prefer to see the Fellowship kill, and capturing the ones they think would get a free pass?
Sufficient I am to the day.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

redrun wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:

Disagree. If Bubbles was scanned tonight, then we would likely be in the Chapter already. If Lagom already handed out results, no reason to wait to start the day. Evil found Bubbles on Journey 2 and waited to imprison to delay our Saruman hunt another day.

I'm not sure that it makes any difference, but I think that particular assumption was wrong. Assuming I am right, Evil has had way too much luck hitting 3 hobbits/gollums on 4 scans/hunts.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Lagom, a question:

Must the forces of Shadow hunt the Fellowship for kill or capture each turn, even if they currently are holding a captured or imprisoned a ring bearer?
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
redrun

Post by redrun »

coopasonic wrote:
redrun wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:

Disagree. If Bubbles was scanned tonight, then we would likely be in the Chapter already. If Lagom already handed out results, no reason to wait to start the day. Evil found Bubbles on Journey 2 and waited to imprison to delay our Saruman hunt another day.

I'm not sure that it makes any difference, but I think that particular assumption was wrong. Assuming I am right, Evil has had way too much luck hitting 3 hobbits/gollums on 4 scans/hunts.
I agree with the idea that if they found Bubbles on Journey 2 they waited until night to delay Saruman hunting. However, I'm not sure if all results come at once, or if Lagom releases them as he resolves them.

Lagom Lite - are all results released at the same time, as they are resolved, or some other method?
theohall

Re: [WW] Fellowship of the Ring II - Chapter 2

Post by theohall »

redrun wrote: Lagom Lite - are all results released at the same time, as they are resolved, or some other method?
I believe he already answered that question redrun.
Lagom Lite wrote:
triggercut wrote:Lagom: does the Witch King get his scan result before the Servants pick their target for kill/capture?
No. Results of the WK scan and Uruk hunt are presented simultaneously.
Which indicates results are resolved simultaneously unless a conflict occurs, when some order is required to resolve an issue.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

triggercut wrote:Lagom, a question:

Must the forces of Shadow hunt the Fellowship for kill or capture each turn, even if they currently are holding a captured or imprisoned a ring bearer?
Each Journey, the Uruk-Hai may Hunt one player.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

redrun wrote: Lagom Lite - are all results released at the same time
Yes.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

triggercut wrote:Lagom, a question:

Can we lynch trig for pointing this out to team evil if they hadn't thought about it already?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Announcement: All Journey Orders are in. Journey 3 is closed.

But I won't have time to do the writeup for another six hours. :)
Is there anyone in hell?

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I am very puzzled by the timing of the imprisonment. As theo, points out, Lagom has stated that orders are resolved simultaneously. So, evil would have had to find the ring on Journey 1 or Journey 2.

If they did, though, why imprison Bubbles in the middle of Journey 3? That looks like a move that can only help us, because it eliminates a possible Bubbles scan/protect for Gandalf and Aragorn. Basically, evil did us a favor by shrinking the pool of evil candidates for our specials to scan/protect during this journey.

Redrun suggests that they waited until the journey phase to avoid a Saruman hunt, but that doesn't make sense, either. If that were the case, why wouldn't they wait until after the start of the new chapter to imprison Bubbles? If they did find him to be the ring bearer earlier, for all they know right now, the ring could have passed hands during the day, but they would have no way of knowing that, correct? Why didn't they wait to get confirmation from the Witch King that Bubbles was still the ring bearer, or not the bearer anymore, before making an imprisonment decision that seems to me would be better for them to make at the beginning of the new chapter?

I'm sure there must have been a good reason for them to take Bubbles when they did, but I sure can't figure it out.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Qantaga wrote:If they did, though, why imprison Bubbles in the middle of Journey 3? That looks like a move that can only help us, because it eliminates a possible Bubbles scan/protect for Gandalf and Aragorn. Basically, evil did us a favor by shrinking the pool of evil candidates for our specials to scan/protect during this journey..
It was nearly 25 hours from the start of Journey 3 to the Imprisonment announcement. It's reasonable to assume team good's orders were already in. I guess waiting any longer they would be worried about the ring being passed? I think it's a balancing act.
Qantaga wrote:Redrun suggests that they waited until the journey phase to avoid a Saruman hunt
That was me actually.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote:I am very puzzled by the timing of the imprisonment. As theo, points out, Lagom has stated that orders are resolved simultaneously. So, evil would have had to find the ring on Journey 1 or Journey 2.

If they did, though, why imprison Bubbles in the middle of Journey 3? That looks like a move that can only help us, because it eliminates a possible Bubbles scan/protect for Gandalf and Aragorn. Basically, evil did us a favor by shrinking the pool of evil candidates for our specials to scan/protect during this journey.

Redrun suggests that they waited until the journey phase to avoid a Saruman hunt, but that doesn't make sense, either. If that were the case, why wouldn't they wait until after the start of the new chapter to imprison Bubbles? If they did find him to be the ring bearer earlier, for all they know right now, the ring could have passed hands during the day, but they would have no way of knowing that, correct? Why didn't they wait to get confirmation from the Witch King that Bubbles was still the ring bearer, or not the bearer anymore, before making an imprisonment decision that seems to me would be better for them to make at the beginning of the new chapter?

I'm sure there must have been a good reason for them to take Bubbles when they did, but I sure can't figure it out.
The catch - if they discovered Bubbles had the Ring (assuming that is why he was Imprisoned), they can't risk him passing the Ring. At the same time, they don't want to Imprison him during Chapter 2, because we would then likely send someone Scouting, instead of Hunting, as redrun pointed out. I don't think it affects Gandalf's scans as much as you seem to think, because his orders were likely submitted already. Also, the odds are Mr Bubbles hadn't passed the Ring if he were the Ringbearer. Only two "knowns" could receive the Ring safely, and one of them might be Gollum. We will find out when LL has time - but I'm guessing we are going to see the Servants control the Ring "proving" Mr Bubbles is still the Ringbearer.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

6 hours? You mean I have to work today? The one day this week the kids are actually doing their individual work silently and are not calling for help every minute? If I check in 6 hours from now to find myself dead I will be extremely annoyed with you. :tjg:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Lagom Lite wrote:
redrun wrote: Lagom Lite - are all results released at the same time
Yes.
I believe the one caveat to this is that the imprisonment can take place at any time and thus is revealed when it occurs, instead of when all other info is mass revealed.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
redrun

Post by redrun »

coopasonic wrote:
redrun wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:

Excellent catch. This means that evil really wanted day two to pass as quickly as possible, since they didn't want to give the ringbearer a chance to think or pass the ring.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Lagom Lite wrote:Announcement: All Journey Orders are in. Journey 3 is closed.

But I won't have time to do the writeup for another six hours. :)
:(

Can we vote lynch Lagom Lite?
Everyone wrote: Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

yikes at the turn of events....i really, really hope BUbbles was not the ringbearer....but i dont think they'd make such a move without that being the case.......i can only hope that bubbles had given some thoughts of moving the ring around.....i concur with what most have said...they had to have scanned him at some point....and consiering day 3 isnt here yet....they must have found him prior......i guess question is then too...why strike now? why not wait?

have to be careful with our next set of moves....if today is day 3 (yeah i know technically night still)...how much time that leave us to nab sauron?

tread carefully my friendds; i fear a great burden has been placed upon all our shoulders...
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lagom Lite

[WW] Fellowship of the Ring II - Chapter 3

Post by Lagom Lite »

Chapter 3 – Lothlorien

They stumbled wildly up the great stairs beyond the door. They ran on. The light grew before them; great shafts pierced the roof. They passed into a hall, bright with daylight from its high windows in the east. The fled across it. Through its huge broken doors they passed, and suddenly before them the Great Gates opened, an arch of blazing light. Thus, at last, the Company came beyond hope under the sky and felt the wind on their faces.

”Farewell, Mr Bubbles!” coopasonic cried.

”We must do without hope,” said pr0ner.

”Let us gird ourselves and weep no more,” said Newcastle. ”Come! We have a long road, and much to do.”

The night-wind blew chill up the valley to meet them. Beefore them a wide grey shadow loomed, and they heard an endless rustle of leaves like poplars in the breeze.

”Lothlorien!” cried Grundbegriff. ”We have come to the eaves of the Golden Wood. Alas that it is winter!”

They had gone little more than a mile into the forest when they came upon another stream flowing down swiftly from the tree-clad slopes that climbed back westward. Suddenly they came out into a wide treeless space. Upon the further side there rose to a great height a green wall encircling a green hill thronged with mallorn-trees taller than any they had yet seen in all the land. Their height could not be guessed, but they stood up in the twilight like living towers. In their many-tiered branches and amid their ever-moving leaves countless lights were gleaming, green and gold and silver.

”Here is Caras Galadhon,” redrun exclaimed.

”Behold! We are come to Cerin Amroth!” said theohall. ”For this is the heart of the ancient realm as it was long ago, and here is the mound of Amroth, where in happier days his high house was built.”

”Here ever bloom the winter flowers in the unfading grass,” said Qantaga. ”The yellow elanor, and the pale niphredil.”

There was a road paved with white stone running on the outer brink of the fosse. Along this they went westward, with the city of Caras Galadhon climbing up like a green cloud upon their left; and as the night deepened more lights sprang forth, until all the hill seemed afire with stars. They came at last to a white bridge, and crossing found the great gates of the city: they faced south-west, set between the ends of the encircling wall that here overlapped, and they were tall and strong, and hung with may lamps.

They went along many paths and climbed many stairs, until they came to the high places and saw before them amid a wide lawn a fountain shimmering. It was lit by silver lamps that swung from the boughs of trees, and it fell into a basin of silver, from which a white stream spilled. Upon the south side of the lawn there stood the mightiest of all the trees; its great smooth bole gleamed like grey silk, and up it towered, until its first branches, far above, opened their huge limbs under shadowy clouds of leaves.

On two chairs beneath the bole of the tree and canopied by a living bough there sat, side by side, Celeborn and Galadriel. They stood up to greet their guests, after the manner of Elves, even those who were accounted mighty kings. Very tall they were, and the Lady no less than the Lord; and they were grave and beautiful. They were clad wholly in white; and the hair of the Lady was of deep gold, and the hair of the Lord Celeborn was of silver long and bright; but no sign of age was upon them, unless it were in the depths of their eyes; for these were keen as lances in the starlight, and yet profound, the wells of deep memory.

”Tell me, where is Mr Bubbles,” asked Celeborn, ”for I much desire to speak with him.”

”A Balrog of Morgoth”, said bb2112.

”What did you say?” asked Lady Galadriel.

”A Balrog of Morgoth”, repeated rshetts2.

”They’re taking the Hobbit to Isengard,” said Remus West.

”Stupid, fat Hobbit,” muttered RMC under his breath.

”You are worn with sorrow and much toil,” said Celeborn. ”Even if your quest did not concern us closely, you should have refuge in this City, until you were healed and refreshed. Now you shall rest, and we will not speak of your further road for a while.”
That night the Company slept upon the ground, much to the satisfaction of the hobbits. The Elves spread for them a pavilion among the trees near the fountain, and in it they laid soft couches; then speaking words of peace with fair elvish voices they left them.

The Servants of the Eye have taken the Ring!

Players:

1. Grundbegriff
2. redrun
3. theohall
4. Qantaga
5. bb2112
6. rhsetts2
7. Remus West
8. RMC
9. tru1cy
10. triggercut
11. Mr Bubbles - Imprisoned
12. coopasonic
13. pr0ner
14. Newcastle

Fellowship, how will you proceed?

You must Appoint a Scout.

Majority is 7.

Deadline is Friday, October 21st at 9 p.m. Central European Time (GMT +1)

Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Re: [WW] Fellowship of the Ring II - Chapter 3

Post by Lagom Lite »

Is there anyone in hell?

theohall

Post by theohall »

Hearty companions, I have discovered Servants of the Eye amongst us. During our initial Journey, I watched Remus West very closely and he appeared to be having conversations with shadows. I suspected redrun on the intervening Journey, but he is a true and hearty companion. Over the course of our last Journey, Qantaga appeared to receive some kind of signal from Remus West.

Fellowship, we have two Servants to send Scouting and hopefully, one of them will be Saruman, so we can free Mr Bubbles and destroy this dreadful ring.

YES. I AM GANDALF!!!!

Remus West and Qantaga are Servants of the Eye.

redrun is one of us.

Aragorn, please protect me during our next Journey and I will likely scan Grundbegriff due to the tactics redrun already mentioned:
redrun wrote:BTW, we're up to three times this game that Grund has posted misinformation (failures to understand the rules). At this point, I'm pretty convinced he's using "post bad knowledge, see who corrects" to help team evil weed out Free People from Hobbits. Folks might want to think twice about correcting Grund's mistakes.
It should be noted Grundbegriff did this again and decided I should be Scouted when replying to another post in this vain.
Grundbegriff wrote:
theohall wrote:Seriously, Grundbegriff. What are you talking about?
triggercut wrote:*Another* hobbit (or perhaps Gollum)? That's either spectacularly bad luck by Sauron's minions...or they've got some wacky strategy in which we Hunt Some Orc in lieu of killing one of the Free People at night (assuming that they've not found our Ringbearer.)
They've = Sauron's minions. we is the Fellowship. I see nothing wrong with the way that reads. triggercut is simply saying he thinks they, Sauron's minions, have really bad luck OR they, Sauron's minions, are using a bizarre strategy in which we, the Fellowship, are continually allowed to Hunt Some Orc, instead of them, Sauron's minions, actually knocking off Free People at night.
Suppose "they" had some wacky strategy in which they decided to skip killing Free People in order to force us to Hunt Some Orc. How on earth would anyone who had formulated such a strategy execute it? They have no way to guarantee that they'll hit Hobbits, and no way to guarantee that if they hit Hobbits, we'll collectively liberate the captives. So such a strategy would be not only wacky but nearly impossible in practice. Since triggercut knows this, what purpose does his describing this implausible scenario serve?
I get it that you think the second part is supposed to be triggercut saying he is a Servant, but I don't buy it. Just like I didn't buy triggercut jumping all over your earlier post, simply because you didn't mention the part which did not apply to hobbits. I believe you two are mis-guided in going after each other.
You're seeming unusually sane in this game. You must be on Team Sauron.

protected void sendScount(Fellow fellow) {
doMysteriousStuff(fellow);
}
 sendScout(theohall); 

Remus West 

or Qantaga, if you all prefer.

Looks like that's the three Servants. Remus, Qantaga, and Grund, but Grund still needs to be examined.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

theohall wrote:YES. I AM GANDALF!!!!
Wow. Good job on the scans then. There's been a *lot* of luck in this game it seems.

Remus West 

-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

[WW] Fellowship of the Ring II - Chapter 3

Post by Lagom Lite »

Remus West (2) - theohall, coopasonic

Majority is 7

Deadline is Friday October 21st, at 9 p.m. Central European Time (GMT +1)
Is there anyone in hell?

theohall

Post by theohall »

If anyone has questions as to why those three choices, I will be happy to explain with posts to support all of them, except the first one which was lucky.
redrun

Post by redrun »

theohall wrote:Hearty companions, I have discovered Servants of the Eye amongst us. During our initial Journey, I watched Remus West very closely and he appeared to be having conversations with shadows. I suspected redrun on the intervening Journey, but he is a true and hearty companion. Over the course of our last Journey, Qantaga appeared to receive some kind of signal from Remus West.

Fellowship, we have two Servants to send Scouting and hopefully, one of them will be Saruman, so we can free Mr Bubbles and destroy this dreadful ring.

YES. I AM GANDALF!!!!

Remus West and Qantaga are Servants of the Eye.

redrun is one of us.

Aragorn, please protect me during our next Journey and I will likely scan Grundbegriff due to the tactics redrun already mentioned:
Well.

First, let's talk a bit before we send a scout.

No dead. Only one imprisoned. Evil can't scan for roles. So, Gandalf must be alive. Evil can't know who he is. We're not likely to see a challenge (Qantaga or Remus might, but we'll scout one of them and prove or disprove Theohall).

Second... I think Remus West and Qantaga are servants. It always worries me when I agree with Theohall, but I'm in strong agreement this time. 8-)

Third - It looks like someone was protected last night. Either that, or evil decided not hunt.

Fourth - I'd really like to see threat lists... (frankly, I'd have preferred to see them before the reveal). (Whine, whine, whine - the guy hands over two evil and I'm still whining.) :)

Fifth - I'm not sure about Grund as our next scan. Want to think about this. Then again, except for that wasted scan on that most excellent Redrun guy, your choices have certainly been good.

Sixth - I prefer Qantaga as the lynch. He's been really quiet all game. If I were evil, I'd have worked to keep Saruman as background as possible. I think Qantaga just couldn't resist the chance to close the vote on the second day, knowing that evil had found the ring and wanting to make the grab.

Lastly, I put the following out for discussion - is it time for the hobbits to come forward? (For this paragraph, consider Gollum to be a hobbit.) Evil only has three more kills and cannot get rid of all the free people. If we get the ring back this turn we cannot risk EVER handing it over to an unknown - if we hand it to a free person or an evil person it's game over for the good guys. There are only two unknown hobbits. Evil is unlikely to want to leave the crowd to be one of three (two hobbits + an evil) coming forward.

I'll work on my threat list shortly.

<Sigh> I hate to ask, but we have to know:

Lagom, if Saruman scouts, will the ringbearer have time to pass the ring before the journey? Can the ring be passed during a journey?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'd rather wait for everyone to check in, but I will place my vote for Remus if nothing else comes out
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

theohall wrote:If anyone has questions as to why those three choices, I will be happy to explain with posts to support all of them, except the first one which was lucky.

first of all; if you are gandalf.....nice job! (on the surface, i am leaning to believing you though, just want to hear from them first)

Kind of curious your rationale for each of them also?

Be curious to hear Q's & Remus response to this though.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

am i lead to believe all you are saying about redrun is he is a "hearty companion & true" (paraphrasing?) so not saying if he is a hobbit or free person correct?
Bayraktar!!!!

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

redrun wrote: Third - It looks like someone was protected last night. Either that, or evil decided not hunt.
Evil didn't hunt because they wanted the maximum number of hiding places for Saruman. Theo seems to have spoiled that.

As far as the hobbits coming forward, our next major problem, assuming one of theo's servants is Saruman will be Gollum (and Boromir). The hobbits coming forward would help with that conundrum and best to do it before anyone dies so there are fewer questions. We'll still have too many hobbits and since Gandalf is unlikely to make it two more journeys, not enough scans to clear that up.

Gandalf coming out at this stage was useful, but unfortunately also costly.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
theohall

Re: Re: [WW] Fellowship of the Ring II - Chapter 3

Post by theohall »

Newcastle wrote:am i lead to believe all you are saying about redrun is he is a "hearty companion & true" (paraphrasing?) so not saying if he is a hobbit or free person correct?
Correct, because my scans only indicate Free or a Servant. Corrupted Free scan as Servants, but that can only happen if the Ring is passed.
theohall

Post by theohall »

coopasonic wrote:
redrun wrote: Third - It looks like someone was protected last night. Either that, or evil decided not hunt.
Evil didn't hunt because they wanted the maximum number of hiding places for Saruman. Theo seems to have spoiled that.

As far as the hobbits coming forward, our next major problem, assuming one of theo's servants is Saruman will be Gollum (and Boromir). The hobbits coming forward would help with that conundrum and best to do it before anyone dies so there are fewer questions. We'll still have too many hobbits and since Gandalf is unlikely to make it two more journeys, not enough scans to clear that up.

Not coming out would likely have been more costly. Now, they have nowhere to hide.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Don't rush the Scout vote, if you want my rationale. Currently out at a bar, so it will be awhile.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

theohall wrote:
Newcastle wrote:am i lead to believe all you are saying about redrun is he is a "hearty companion & true" (paraphrasing?) so not saying if he is a hobbit or free person correct?
Correct, because my scans only indicate Free or a Servant. Corrupted Free scan as Servants, but that can only happen if the Ring is passed.

Gandalf
Gandalf may determine the nature of one player once per Journey. Frodo and the Hobbits will scan as Hobbits. Aragorn, Gandalf, Boromir and Warriors of the Free People will scan as Free People. Corrupted players, Uruk-Hai, Saruman and the Witch-King will scan as Servants of the Eye. Gollum will scan as Gollum.
Bayraktar!!!!

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

theohall wrote:
coopasonic wrote:

Not coming out would likely have been more costly. Now, they have nowhere to hide.
It's too late now obviously, but an imprisoned ring is safe from Gollum and you could have gotten more scans before your inevitable death since evil wasn't interested in killing anyone. You are the only way to ID Gollum with certainty, other than passing him the ring anyhow.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
theohall

Re: Re: Re: [WW] Fellowship of the Ring II - Chapter 3

Post by theohall »

Newcastle wrote:
theohall wrote:

Gandalf
Gandalf may determine the nature of one player once per Journey. Frodo and the Hobbits will scan as Hobbits. Aragorn, Gandalf, Boromir and Warriors of the Free People will scan as Free People. Corrupted players, Uruk-Hai, Saruman and the Witch-King will scan as Servants of the Eye. Gollum will scan as Gollum.
That's what I get for being out and rushing a reply.
Those two are Servants and we will prove it.
redrun

Post by redrun »

1. Grundbegriff: I think he is Boromir. He might be Gollum. This is Grund, so he might be good... but I don't think so.
2. redrun: Good something
3. theohall: Gandalf
4. Qantaga: Evil something
5. bb2112: Little guy. Minor lean towards good rather than towards Gollum.
6. rhsetts2: No strong feeling.
7. Remus West: Evil something.
8. RMC: No strong feeling.
9. tru1cy: Little guy. Possible Gollum (minor leaning)
10. triggercut: Something's not right here. He keeps knowing rules and seeing fine points, then overlooks other points. He's a bit too spot on sometimes - thinking about what team evil is doing next. Remus has followed up to him a couple of times to make it clear that triggercut didn't have knowledge that evil would have. I'd like to see him scanned.
11. Mr Bubbles - Imprisoned : Frodo
12. coopasonic: Good. Not sure which good yet, but good. Rather sure here.
13. pr0ner: No strong feeling
14. Newcastle : Good. Not sure which good yet, but good. Pretty sure here.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

And just as things seem their darkest, Gandalf brings us hope. Nice job on the scans! I have been keeping an eye on RW's posts and got an evil vibe from them. I have no problem sending Remus on a little scouting mission. Obviously Qan would be a fine choice as well. The real question is who is Saruman? Theres a pretty good chance one of these two are him. Heres what we have so far:

1. Grundbegriff - unknown but seems off somehow.
2. redrun - Im trusting Theo here so Redrun is good.
3. theohall - No reason I can see to doubt him. Hes Gandalf!
4. Qantaga - Evil
5. bb2112 - Hobbit or Gollum
6. rshetts2 - team good
7. Remus West - another member of Team Evil
8. RMC - not much to go on with him. Ill need to review his posts again I believe.
9. tru1cy - Hobbit or Gollum
10. triggercut - not sure why but some of his posts are odd, bears watching
11. Mr Bubbles - Frodo
12. coopasonic - leaning good
13. pr0ner - Worries me, hes been so far off the radar, Redrun didnt even list him as a player.
14. Newcastle - Probable good person

We know that there are 4 in the Hobbit/Gollum set and two have been identified. That leaves us with 2 still hidden.

With Gandalf outted, we have Aragorn and Boromir still hidden.
Boromir wins with the Servants but effectively has no powers. Hes pretty much unimportant at this point and unless Im missing something is just a distraction.

Gollum is a real problem now that Frodo is outted. I need some clarification on rules regarding when the "steal the ring" power can be used. I looked through the description and it wasn't really defined. The power is listed in the "journey" events but not the "chapter" events. The power is not described as an any time power, so
Is Gollums power to steal the ring a Journey only power? and if Saruman is scouted and dies does Frodo get notified of his freedom during the chapter phase, and still have a chance to pass the ring before the journey phase kicks in?
The distinction is important because of the conflict of Gollum stealing the ring if Frodo is released before Frodo can pass it off.

Ok so we have a decision to make on who to send scouting. I really dont see this as being a major issue, send one now and the other tomorrow. If Gandalf feels Remus is worthy, who am I to argue.  Remus West 

theohall

Post by theohall »

rshetts2 has raised a mod worthy question. Can't do the color thing from the bar. If the Ringbearer is freed, does Ring passing come first?

If someone wants to color that, feel free.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I see nobody contesting you, theohall, so I like your timing. Well played.

Good scans, too.

I am a hobbit. A fool of a Took, if you must know.