OOWL Game 3- The Fall -The End. Bye Bye Wolfies

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: OOWL Game 3- The Fall -Day 1

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote: Withdraw RMC 

String up bb2112 

I love hearing in game after game that I'm not being my usual bulldog self.

How's this?
Thanks. Ok, I knew that was coming. I was cringing as I was writing, but I couldn't help pointing it out. My logic being you are usually one to come up with observations and stirring the pot. Now that you have been poked (if only in a minor way), what are your thoughts?
Isgrimnur wrote: It's the tru1cy trap. If I continue to play silent, I get poked and eventually lynched. If I crank up my participation (and these smaller games really require it), I get suspicious glances.
Yes, it is a double edged sword. And one that is going to have to be broken over time. But I would be remiss if I didn't at least point it out. Sorry, but it especially sticks in my craw that I wanted to push to lynch you sooner that game and I didn't because I (and probably the rest of the village) wanted to encourage the positive change in behavior. That bad decision ended up getting me killed that night, and then the village wiped out shortly thereafter.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

bb2112 wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote: It's the tru1cy trap. If I continue to play silent, I get poked and eventually lynched. If I crank up my participation (and these smaller games really require it), I get suspicious glances.
Yes, it is a double edged sword. And one that is going to have to be broken over time. But I would be remiss if I didn't at least point it out. Sorry, but it especially sticks in my craw that I wanted to push to lynch you sooner that game and I didn't because I (and probably the rest of the village) wanted to encourage the positive change in behavior. That bad decision ended up getting me killed that night, and then the village wiped out shortly thereafter.
I've had a good run lately where being my normal silent self worked to keep me feeding information to my team of Rebels and being an active player helped throw people off my wolf tracks. It's a track record that's going to work against me. I accept it.

But aside from that, I honestly do feel that the smaller game size that these are requires more active participation. And I do want to me more involved so that all these games don't get marched to the same beats of Grund and Remus leadership that they always seem to default to.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Remus West ----------- bb2112
2 pr0ner -----------
3 Qantaga ----------- Remus West
4 theohall ----------- Qantaga -- pr0ner
5 triggercut ----------- RMC -- bb2112
6 purge ----------- bb2112 -- isgrimnur
7 RMC ----------- pr0ner
8 bb2112 ----------- Remus West
9 Isgrimnur ----------- purge
Remus West ----------- 2
bb2112 ----------- 2
purge ----------- 1
-----------
pr0ner ----------- 2
Isgrimnur ----------- 1
-----------

Majority = 5
Deadline Tuesday Noon CDT
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

purge 

for voting for Remus based on a joke.
Hodor.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

bb2112 wrote:
triggercut wrote: Withdraw RMC 

String up bb2112 

I love hearing in game after game that I'm not being my usual bulldog self.

How's this?
Thanks. Ok, I knew that was coming. I was cringing as I was writing, but I couldn't help pointing it out. My logic being you are usually one to come up with observations and stirring the pot. Now that you have been poked (if only in a minor way), what are your thoughts?
Hmm. For now that seems far too seemly a post from someone with two votes on their head. Nuts.

Withdraw bb2112 

Really hate how blind we fly on day 1, and I think it is a problem with the rules that should be addressed. Starting with a night 1 kill (in other words, 10 players) takes us to the first day with 9 players and we can at least attempt to impute motive on the proceedings.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

triggercut wrote:
Really hate how blind we fly on day 1, and I think it is a problem with the rules that should be addressed. Starting with a night 1 kill (in other words, 10 players) takes us to the first day with 9 players and we can at least attempt to impute motive on the proceedings.
I agree 100% percent. And if the seer can get in a night 1 scan it would help.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Remus West ----------- bb2112
2 pr0ner ----------- purge
6 purge ----------- bb2112 -- isgrimnur
7 RMC ----------- pr0ner
Remus West ----------- 2
bb2112 ----------- 2
purge ----------- 2
-----------
pr0ner ----------- 2
Isgrimnur ----------- 1
-----------

Majority = 5

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Yeah I always feel like day 1 is just a time to lynch someone, maybe try to take revenge on them from the last game...

There really is no good data, and most people just kind of throw someone out there. In a game where we are trying to give a grade and assign a score, it really turns our first lynch into more of a guess with no way to really make a decision.

So we kill off the silents, or someone who 'seems' to have slipped. And the 'seems' is always very subjective..

My thoughts at least are that we should start with a free scan, or let team evil have a kill and our seer gets a scan. In this small of a game, it just seems like a better way to maybe have some information. Or at least give the seer some data to try to get out to everyone...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Lassr wrote:
triggercut wrote:
Good point, it allows for the seer to attempt to subtly steer things towards or away from someone he knows the faction of.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
stessier

Post by stessier »

triggercut wrote:
Lassr wrote:
triggercut wrote:
Good point, it allows for the seer to attempt to subtly steer things towards or away from someone he knows the faction of.
:binky: Kind of stinks if someone starts ending up Day 1 Everdead. Not that that is a reason not to try it, just needs to be monitored (imo). :binky:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
purge

Post by purge »

pr0ner wrote: purge 

Proner 

for being wrong. I've never voted for Remus.

Also, why do you trust Remus so much. Packmates?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of expanding to 10 and giving the seer a night 1 scan. Yeah, some player gets whacked right out of the gate, but give that player 1 point as a cancelation prize. Getting one point is a better score than some people have been getting in these games.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

These games run quickly enoough that unless we all decide to be complete assholes to one guy the same player won't be getting killed every game (unless I can talk you guys into picking on bb2112?) and it won't be an issue. Now can we get back to the game at hand rather than wasting time on what to do for the next game?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:These games run quickly enoough that unless we all decide to be complete assholes to one guy the same player won't be getting killed every game (unless I can talk you guys into picking on bb2112?) and it won't be an issue. Now can we get back to the game at hand rather than wasting time on what to do for the next game?
Sure big guy. Got any new insights?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC 

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Remus West ----------- bb2112 -- RMC
6 purge ----------- bb2112 -- isgrimnur -- proner
7 RMC ----------- pr0ner
pr0ner ----------- 3
Remus West ----------- 2
purge ----------- 2
RMC ----------- 1
-----------
-----------
-----------

Majority = 5

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, I know this is day 1, so there isn't much to go on, but I keep coming back to Isgrimnur. His playstyle is changing from game to game, and based on his past, I can't get it out of my head. Without anything better to go on today, I'm going to have to go with my gut.

Isgrimnur 

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fair enough. You're wrong, though.
purge

Post by purge »

You know what? My first bb vote was poking. and while I'd like to say I know what I'm doing, I really don't. Two TPs, and a wigwam.

I have this feeling about  bb2112 

though that I just can't shake.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Remus West ----------- bb2112 -- RMC
6 purge ----------- bb2112 -- isgrimnur -- proner -- bb2112
7 RMC ----------- pr0ner
8 bb2112 ----------- Remus West -- Isgrimnur
pr0ner ----------- 2
purge ----------- 2
Remus West ----------- 1
RMC ----------- 1
Isgrimnur ----------- 1
bb2112 ----------- 1
-----------

Majority = 5

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

purge wrote:You know what? My first bb vote was poking. and while I'd like to say I know what I'm doing, I really don't. Two TPs, and a wigwam.

Batman, you are all over the place. That is your fourth vote. Almost like you don't care who you lynch as long as it somebody.

If I didn't feel so strongly about Isgrimnur right now I would consider changing my vote. Maybe you are protecting your packmate? I've got my eye on you...
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I don't know when you changed your sig, bb, but you're looking a little flighty and unstable there yourself.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote: RMC 

So what did I do to get this... Just wondering.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:I don't know when you changed your sig, bb, but you're looking a little flighty and unstable there yourself.
About 2 months and 4 games ago. Thanks for noticing. I'm glad to see my posts are must reads. :P
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I read your posts. But my mind kinda flips off of a post when I hit that dividing line. Besides, there's usually some research topic I need to run down after that. :P
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

purge wrote:
pr0ner wrote: purge 

Proner 

for being wrong. I've never voted for Remus.

Also, why do you trust Remus so much. Packmates?
:oops: :doh:

I are smrt.

withdraw purge 

I really have nothing to go on. Guess I need to read some more.
Hodor.
purge

Post by purge »

bb2112 wrote:
purge wrote:You know what? My first bb vote was poking. and while I'd like to say I know what I'm doing, I really don't. Two TPs, and a wigwam.

Batman, you are all over the place. That is your fourth vote. Almost like you don't care who you lynch as long as it somebody.

If I didn't feel so strongly about Isgrimnur right now I would consider changing my vote. Maybe you are protecting your packmate? I've got my eye on you...
The are 2 of 8 people who aren't me who are wolves. With 25%, I gotta cover the bases. :D
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

pr0ner 

Lets push someone and see where it goes.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, so am I an army of 1 on the Isgrimnur thing? I kind of like my reasoning there, but it seems I may be the only one.

Also, why Pr0ner? Is this a poke the silent, or is it something else that I may be missing? If the isgrimnur thing is not going to get any traction, I can change my vote.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

But for the record, I would rather not.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Remus West ----------- bb2112 -- RMC -- pr0ner
6 purge ----------- bb2112 -- isgrimnur -- proner -- bb2112
7 RMC ----------- pr0ner
8 bb2112 ----------- Remus West -- Isgrimnur
pr0ner ----------- 3
purge ----------- 1
Remus West ----------- 1
-----------
Isgrimnur ----------- 1
bb2112 ----------- 1
-----------

Majority = 5

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:Ok, so am I an army of 1 on the Isgrimnur thing? I kind of like my reasoning there, but it seems I may be the only one.

Also, why Pr0ner? Is this a poke the silent, or is it something else that I may be missing? If the isgrimnur thing is not going to get any traction, I can change my vote.
pr0ner tends to be quiet and thus hard to read but I mostly placed my vote there because he and purge were the only players with 2 votes and I figured this is the first game purge has been back in a while so I'd vote pr0ner to see what happened. So far all that has happened is an amazing amount of nothing.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yup. This one seems to be waiting for a early week flurry rather than exploring stuff now.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Ok, so am I an army of 1 on the Isgrimnur thing? I kind of like my reasoning there, but it seems I may be the only one.

pr0ner tends to be quiet and thus hard to read but I mostly placed my vote there because he and purge were the only players with 2 votes and I figured this is the first game purge has been back in a while so I'd vote pr0ner to see what happened. So far all that has happened is an amazing amount of nothing.
So you'd rather vote for me than for the person who's throwing his vote around all willy-nilly?

Fascinating.
Hodor.
theohall

Re: Re: OOWL Game 3- The Fall -Day 1

Post by theohall »

pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:

So you'd rather vote for me than for the person who's throwing his vote around all willy-nilly?

Fascinating.
Still doesn't change an amazing amount of nothing. Which is just as suspicious.
pr0ner

Re: Re: OOWL Game 3- The Fall -Day 1

Post by pr0ner »

theohall wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Fascinating.
Still doesn't change an amazing amount of nothing. Which is just as suspicious.
So I can't even ask a question and wait for an answer anymore?

:roll:
Hodor.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Holy Cow! 2 posts in less than 6 hours?? That's way out of character. ;)
purge

Post by purge »

pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Fascinating.
My Willy may be Nilly, but at least I get my facts straight. :tjg:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Fascinating.
I actually shared my exact thinking on why I voted you as opposed to him. Its interesting that you feel the need to try and make something more out of it though. As for throwing his vote around, why not throw it around?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

theohall wrote:Holy Cow! 2 posts in less than 6 hours?? That's way out of character. ;)
Then you'll love this! :mrgreen:
Hodor.