This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

pr0ner

Re: OOWL Game 3- The Fall -Day 1

Post by pr0ner »

purge wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Ok, so am I an army of 1 on the Isgrimnur thing? I kind of like my reasoning there, but it seems I may be the only one.

Also, why Pr0ner? Is this a poke the silent, or is it something else that I may be missing? If the isgrimnur thing is not going to get any traction, I can change my vote.
pr0ner tends to be quiet and thus hard to read but I mostly placed my vote there because he and purge were the only players with 2 votes and I figured this is the first game purge has been back in a while so I'd vote pr0ner to see what happened. So far all that has happened is an amazing amount of nothing.
So you'd rather vote for me than for the person who's throwing his vote around all willy-nilly?

Fascinating.
My Willy may be Nilly, but at least I get my facts straight. :tjg:
Touche', sir. And funny, to boot.
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Remus West wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Ok, so am I an army of 1 on the Isgrimnur thing? I kind of like my reasoning there, but it seems I may be the only one.

Also, why Pr0ner? Is this a poke the silent, or is it something else that I may be missing? If the isgrimnur thing is not going to get any traction, I can change my vote.
pr0ner tends to be quiet and thus hard to read but I mostly placed my vote there because he and purge were the only players with 2 votes and I figured this is the first game purge has been back in a while so I'd vote pr0ner to see what happened. So far all that has happened is an amazing amount of nothing.
So you'd rather vote for me than for the person who's throwing his vote around all willy-nilly?

Fascinating.
I actually shared my exact thinking on why I voted you as opposed to him. Its interesting that you feel the need to try and make something more out of it though. As for throwing his vote around, why not throw it around?
 Remus West 

How's that for throwing a vote around?

Trying to divert attention from your wolfy pal Purge?
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Fascinating.
I actually shared my exact thinking on why I voted you as opposed to him. Its interesting that you feel the need to try and make something more out of it though. As for throwing his vote around, why not throw it around?
 Remus West 

Yes, that is absolutely what I am doing because on day 1 what the wolves really want is for both of their players to attract as much attention as possible so Purge and I sat back and said, "Damn it. How can we both look suspicious at the same time?"

You make me feel better and better about voting for you. You aren't even trying to find wolves.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Remus West wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Fascinating.
 Remus West 

Yes, that is absolutely what I am doing because on day 1 what the wolves really want is for both of their players to attract as much attention as possible so Purge and I sat back and said, "Damn it. How can we both look suspicious at the same time?"

You make me feel better and better about voting for you. You aren't even trying to find wolves.
It's not like you're doing anything, either.

Neither is Isgrimnur. Or Triggercut. Or Qantaga.
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In fact, why is  Qantaga 

so quiet?
Hodor.
RMC

Post by RMC »

pr0ner wrote:In fact, why is  Qantaga 

so quiet?
Actually a great question. :)

Why the quiet act Mr. Q?
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
theohall

Re: Re: OOWL Game 3- The Fall -Day 1

Post by theohall »

pr0ner wrote:In fact, why is  Qantaga 

so quiet?
I agree. 3 posts the whole game??

Qantaga 

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

After the low profile wolfitude in Game 1, I'm willing to push in that direction.

Qantaga 

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Sorry kids, it's called real life. I've got a huge project due Monday afternoon and have barely had time to think, much less post.

If you need to dispatch me for that, feel free.

I am not a wolf, but I am a safe target to keep the Seer hidden.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Dig pr0ner calling folks out for not posting anything. That's adorable!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fair enough. Hell, I'm at work today myself in preparation for a code drop Tuesday night.

withdraw Qantaga 

purge

Post by purge »

Just so I get my meta-excuses out of the way, I've got a DR (disaster recovery) test that starts Monday at 8:00am and runs 24hrs a day for up to four days.

That being said, I've missed this so much that I am stimula-- wait, that sounds bad. Exuberant. Let's go with that word instead.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

So we've pretty much got tomorrow and Tuesday morning to run someone up the flag pole. Isn't day one always so much fun?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Remus West ----------- bb2112 -- RMC -- pr0ner
2 pr0ner ----------- purge -- Remus West Qantaga
3 Qantaga ----------- Remus West
4 theohall ----------- Qantaga -- proner -- Qantaga
5 triggercut ----------- RMC -- bb2112
6 purge ----------- bb2112 -- isgrimnur -- proner -- bb2112
7 RMC ----------- pr0ner
8 bb2112 ----------- Remus West -- Isgrimnur
9 Isgrimnur ----------- purge -- Qantaga
Qantaga ----------- 2
pr0ner ----------- 2
Remus West ----------- 1
Isgrimnur ----------- 1
bb2112 ----------- 1
-----------
-----------

Majority = 5
Deadline Tuesday Noon CDT
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I have a few minutes before heading out on a four hour drive to present my project. I will be able to participate more beginning this evening.

Some very quick observations:

- I still find it interesting the way Remus felt compelled to explain his vote to Purge, but looking back, it does appear more as an explanation of to/too/two, than an explanation of the actual vote.

- I'm curious why both RMC (once) and theohall (twice) tried to defend Remus.

- Most interesting, though, is how little theohall has actually had to say. His posts are very calm and fluffy. His most definitive assertion so far is his vote on me, but even that is based on post count and not any "theo" instinct. This is the calmest/least opinionated theo I've seen in a long time.

I plan to do a full readthrough early this evening, but at the moment, theo is tingling my spidey senses the most. I'll cast a vote tonight (on theo or otherwise), when I can take a better look at the game.

For now:

withdraw Remus 

RMC

Post by RMC »

Qantaga wrote:I have a few minutes before heading out on a four hour drive to present my project. I will be able to participate more beginning this evening.

Some very quick observations:

- I still find it interesting the way Remus felt compelled to explain his vote to Purge, but looking back, it does appear more as an explanation of to/too/two, than an explanation of the actual vote.

- I'm curious why both RMC (once) and theohall (twice) tried to defend Remus.

- Most interesting, though, is how little theohall has actually had to say. His posts are very calm and fluffy. His most definitive assertion so far is his vote on me, but even that is based on post count and not any "theo" instinct. This is the calmest/least opinionated theo I've seen in a long time.

I plan to do a full readthrough early this evening, but at the moment, theo is tingling my spidey senses the most. I'll cast a vote tonight (on theo or otherwise), when I can take a better look at the game.

For now:

withdraw Remus 

I did not defend him so much, as ensure everyone looked at the times that the posts were. <shrug> I have no idea who is a wolf or not, but I want to make sure we are making good decisions and no band wagons form on overlooked information.

I for one still think Pr0ner is a great day one lynch. He is acting different from games I have played with him in the past, and that to me implies either a change in style or a wolf role in a small game that demands the change in style.

So either way, it makes him stand out as someone who is worthy of seeing if he is a wolf. At least to me. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Deadline is coming up fairly soon. I think I shall vote for  Qantaga 

as a safe choice.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Well my Isgrimnur revelation is getting no traction. Since Q already has 3 votes, and has been fairly quiet, I guess I can go that route.

That would be N-1 on Q.

Qantaga 

That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Revelation? Really? I suppose from the strictest definition, you've revealed your thoughts, but calling a gut feeling opinion a revelation is kinda stretching the usual usage of the word. :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:Well my Isgrimnur revelation is getting no traction. Since Q already has 3 votes, and has been fairly quiet, I guess I can go that route.

That would be N-1 on Q.

Qantaga 

Why push him to the edge when he made it clear he won't be around until tonight? Why not vote pr0ner?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Deadline is at noon tomorrow. We're close enough to it that I have no issue with the timing of the vote. But I will look askance at anyone that shoves him over without a chance to respond.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Let's fix this.

withdraw Qantaga

Pr0ner 

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Well my Isgrimnur revelation is getting no traction. Since Q already has 3 votes, and has been fairly quiet, I guess I can go that route.

That would be N-1 on Q.

Qantaga 

Why push him to the edge when he made it clear he won't be around until tonight? Why not vote pr0ner?

That is why I put the big

That would be N-1 on Q.

tag on it. Q can respond tonight. The only reason why I didn't vote Pr0ner is because he was at 2 and Q was at 3.

With Theo's switch, now I believe both are at 3. I can go either way.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Revelation? Really? I suppose from the strictest definition, you've revealed your thoughts, but calling a gut feeling opinion a revelation is kinda stretching the usual usage of the word. :)
Ok, so it is not a revelation of Biblical proportions, I will grant you that. However, I didn't want to minimize my awesome analytical skills either. :wink:
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Whew. I feel like it's the first day of summer, getting that silly project behind me. :)

I'm going to try to find some dinner, then look back through the thread.

In the meantime, some quick comments.

trig's post strikes me as strange:
triggercut wrote:Deadline is coming up fairly soon. I think I shall vote for  Qantaga 

as a safe choice.

First, this came with 23 hours to go before the deadline. I can see wanting a "safe" choice within a few hours of the deadline, but not an entire day before. Wouldn't it be best to vote on a potential wolf, rather than a safe choice?

Second, trig's calling me a safe choice, and not a wolf, seems to imply that he *knows* I'm just a safe choice and not a possible lycan (something that only the two wolves and I know for certain, at the moment).

bb2112's n-1 vote also feels a bit like piling on ("3 votes already and I'm fairly quiet"). bb, do you think I'm a wolf because I've been fairly quiet (and already have 3 votes) or are you just trying to advance the game to the night cycle? Why is the number of votes on someone important?
bb2112 wrote: The only reason why I didn't vote Pr0ner is because he was at 2 and Q was at 3.

I would think that you would want to put a little more effort in finding a wolf, than just voting on the person with the most votes. I know Isgrimnur is your first choice, but shouldn't you be voting on who you think most wolfish, rather than just the top vote getter? If you think I'm evil, by all means, have at me, but don't vote for me because I have the most votes, especially since we have the rest of the evening and tomorrow morning to decide.

Of course, I realize we're flying blind on Day 1, but if I do meet my demise, all of this will be worth considering by my fellow do-gooders.

I will be back in an hour or two for a thorough read-through and a vote of my own, if I'm still alive, of course. If there is a need to kill me before I return, I will re-iterate what I said earlier. I am not a wolf, nor am I the Seer.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

bb2112 wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Revelation? Really? I suppose from the strictest definition, you've revealed your thoughts, but calling a gut feeling opinion a revelation is kinda stretching the usual usage of the word. :)
Ok, so it is not a revelation of Biblical proportions, I will grant you that. However, I didn't want to minimize my awesome analytical skills either. :wink:
I'll await your admission of fallibility after the game. :pop:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Qantaga wrote:Whew. I feel like it's the first day of summer, getting that silly project behind me. :)

I'm going to try to find some dinner, then look back through the thread.

In the meantime, some quick comments.

trig's post strikes me as strange:
triggercut wrote:Deadline is coming up fairly soon. I think I shall vote for  Qantaga 

as a safe choice.

First, this came with 23 hours to go before the deadline. I can see wanting a "safe" choice within a few hours of the deadline, but not an entire day before. Wouldn't it be best to vote on a potential wolf, rather than a safe choice?

Second, trig's calling me a safe choice, and not a wolf, seems to imply that he *knows* I'm just a safe choice and not a possible lycan (something that only the two wolves and I know for certain, at the moment).

bb2112's n-1 vote also feels a bit like piling on ("3 votes already and I'm fairly quiet"). bb, do you think I'm a wolf because I've been fairly quiet (and already have 3 votes) or are you just trying to advance the game to the night cycle? Why is the number of votes on someone important?
bb2112 wrote: The only reason why I didn't vote Pr0ner is because he was at 2 and Q was at 3.

I would think that you would want to put a little more effort in finding a wolf, than just voting on the person with the most votes. I know Isgrimnur is your first choice, but shouldn't you be voting on who you think most wolfish, rather than just the top vote getter? If you think I'm evil, by all means, have at me, but don't vote for me because I have the most votes, especially since we have the rest of the evening and tomorrow morning to decide.

Of course, I realize we're flying blind on Day 1, but if I do meet my demise, all of this will be worth considering by my fellow do-gooders.

I will be back in an hour or two for a thorough read-through and a vote of my own, if I'm still alive, of course. If there is a need to kill me before I return, I will re-iterate what I said earlier. I am not a wolf, nor am I the Seer.
My vote for you is based on logic:

1. Because we are getting close to a deadline
2. I have stated many times, I would prefer Isgrimnur, but NOBODY has seconded that vote - with 24 hrs left, time to move on
3. I would love to find a wolf. I hope you are it. If you aren't, then being at N-1 gives you a chance to respond with a little pressure. I should be around tonight to change my vote if I deem it necessary.
4. You already claimed not being the seer, so worst case scenario, we get a villager, best case a wolf (I am hoping for the latter)
5. Give me a better reason to vote for someone else. My vote is no way set in stone, but right now, with limited/no information you are in my top 3 suspects based on gut, insight, and my biblical Isgrimnur revelation. :D
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote: I'll await your admission of fallibility after the game. :pop:
We shall see, grasshopper, we shall see. :P
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

theohall wrote:Let's fix this.

withdraw Qantaga

Pr0ner 

Why? Because Remus wants you to?
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

triggercut 

For considering Qantaga the "safe" choice, for his snarky response to being called out for being quiet, and for contributing practically nothing to the game.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

pr0ner wrote:
theohall wrote:Let's fix this.

withdraw Qantaga

Pr0ner 

Why? Because Remus wants you to?
There is a difference between asking "Why not" and asking "Will you?" Its a bit of an important distinction.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

This:
bb2112 wrote: Since Q already has 3 votes, and has been fairly quiet, I guess I can go that route.

is very different from this:
bb2112 wrote: but right now, with limited/no information you are in my top 3 suspects based on gut, insight, and my biblical Isgrimnur revelation. :D
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

After a re-read:

Remus West: Out front, highly participatory. My instincts still cringe at his response to Purge about his (Remus') bb2112 vote, when I would not have expected a response from Remus in that situation.

pr0ner: I'm not getting an evil pr0ner vibe.

theohall: This is a kinder, gentler theohall, which seems highly out of character (compared to previous theos, good/bad/Seer). Not sure how to read him, but it makes me antsy.

triggercut: As mentioned previously, I'm a bit confused by the "safe choice" vote, and timing thereof.

purge: As others have pointed out, he is quite free with his votes. Just looking to kill someone/anyone?

RMC: A farily typical and expected RMC performance. I am a bit surprised that he didn't jump to vote against me when I noted that he defended Remus. Leaning good.

bb2112: Very suspicious, especially with his "revelations" and his desire to vote for the top vote-getter (not to mention his contradictory reasoning).

Isgrimnur: The new, more vocal Issy. He used this to his benefit in OOWL 2. Hopefully, he is savvy enough to switch it up and not be out front and center again as another wolf. If he is a wolf again, I will vote for him on Day 1 from now into the foreseeable future.

My top three, at the moment (in no particular order):

theohall, bb2112, triggercut
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Remus West ----------- bb2112 -- RMC -- pr0ner
2 pr0ner ----------- purge -- Remus West -- Qantaga -- triggercut
3 Qantaga ----------- Remus West
4 theohall ----------- Qantaga -- proner -- Qantaga -- pr0ner
5 triggercut ----------- RMC -- bb2112 -- Qantaga
6 purge ----------- bb2112 -- isgrimnur -- proner -- bb2112
7 RMC ----------- pr0ner
8 bb2112 ----------- Remus West -- isgrimnur -- Qantaga
9 Isgrimnur ----------- purge -- Qantaga
pr0ner ----------- 3
Qantaga ----------- 2
triggercut ----------- 1
-----------
bb2112 ----------- 1
-----------
-----------

Majority = 5
Deadline Tuesday Noon CDT
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, now that I've seen Q's response I'm very happy leaving my vote where it is. He was number three on my threat assessment list and now I have moved him up to number 2.

Q, your analysis smacks of when you were evil last time. You were quiet, then posted a run down of everyone to deflect suspicion. Very similar.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Qantaga wrote:This:
bb2112 wrote: Since Q already has 3 votes, and has been fairly quiet, I guess I can go that route.

is very different from this:
bb2112 wrote: but right now, with limited/no information you are in my top 3 suspects based on gut, insight, and my biblical Isgrimnur revelation. :D
Nope not different at all. You were not my top choice, but still are a good candidate.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote:Q, your analysis smacks of when you were evil last time. You were quiet, then posted a run down of everyone to deflect suspicion. Very similar.

That is the nature of my playstyle, not an indicator of an evil alignment.

You call it deflecting suspicion, while it is, in fact, my personal observations of the game so far.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

pr0ner gets like this when he's got something going on. He's either a badguy or our seer.

I think he's a great candidate to run up... and I think he's at 3 votes...

But then I think: "What if he's our seer and we end up outing him?"

And then I think: "If he's not a wolf, they've probably noticed it too, and he's their first snack anyway, so we won't get any useful scans from him."

So.

I think pr0ner's special, I think there's a 2 in 3 chance that he's a wolf, and if he isn't a wolf, I think there's a chance approaching 0% that he survives to give us a scan result anyway.

pr0ner 

(Plus, triggercut principle!)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'd like to give him another opportunity to respond, but I'm down with playing those odds tomorrow.