OOWL Game 3- The Fall -The End. Bye Bye Wolfies

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: OOWL Game 3- The Fall -Day 2

Post by Lassr »

The village never really liked bb2112 so it didn’t take long for the village to turn on him. Even if he wasn’t the wolf at least he wouldn’t be around to pester everyone. The hatred built over the years after Isgrimnur’s accident; when bb started calling him pumpkin head, retard, or worse, momma killer. Everyone knew that was an accident. Isgrimnur was special to the village and everyone took care of him.

Theohall walks over and picks up the silver knife, “Everyone hold him down.”

BB2112 backs into Purge, “Come on guys. You’re just going to be killing another of your neighbors. I’m just a simple villager. We’ve grown close over the past year, haven’t we Issy.”

Isgrimnur steps forward and points at BB2112 and pauses. Everyone could tell he was deep in thought, as if he was trying to remember something, when he spoke, “Momma’s the only one that could call me Issy. You a bad man.”

BB2112 rolls his eyes and mumbles, “Whatever gourd head.”

Purge wraps his arms around BB, “Alright, I’ve had enough.” He slams BB to the ground, RMC grabs his arms and Qantaga grabs his feet. Theohall stands over him and plunges the knife into his chest. BB2112 lets out a scream, then a violent cough that sprays blood onto Qantaga’s pant leg.

Qantaga reaches down and grabs the handle of the knife. He looks up at Remus, takes a deep breath and pulls the knife out. Instantly BB2112’s body begins to twitch and heal itself. Qantaga slams the knife back into the body. “Holy shit. I really wasn’t expecting that…we nabbed another wolf! Sweet mother, how many of them are there?”

The villagers dismember the body and bury the pieces a great distance apart and return to the town center. Isgrimnur walks up to Remus, “Momma would be proud of me. He was a bad man. You still think I’m special.” Remus puts his arm around Isgrimnur. “You are special to all of us.” Remus catches a whiff of a bad odor and realize that Isgrimnur was the one that had crapped his pants.

“Uh, let’s all get cleaned up and in our homes before the sun goes down.”

The village of Northernhart heard no more howls in the night and was able to sleep peacefully.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
purge

OOWL Game 3- The Fall -Day 2

Post by purge »

Wooten! I dun called it right from go! Also I have no idea what a wooten is, but apparently my iPhone does. Perhaps it's actually German engineering...
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended.
Please be patient - I will get to you shortly.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Perfect game. Awesome! :mrgreen: :horse:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Excellent.

Very nicely done all.

I'm interested in how the points tally up with a perfect villager victory.

Who was the Seer?
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

My guess for Seer was theohall. I haven't gone back to look and see if triggercut left any clue that he may have been.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:My guess for Seer was theohall. I haven't gone back to look and see if triggercut left any clue that he may have been.
What? You can't tell who the special was from my write up?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:What? You can't tell who the special was from my write up?

Very tricksy there. :)

(I get it now)

M-O-O-N spells ...
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

And now for the rest of the story...

Seer scans BB2112

Momma always said you were special. The village always treated you as if you were special. You’d often hear, “Look at Isgrimnur, he’s walking pretty straight today. Or that’s good Isgrimnur, you colored within the lines this time. You are soooo special.”

You were determined to use your special abilities to help Northernhart. You gave up on your ability to fly many years ago after the accident left you with a misshapened skull. You then decided to work on your ability to read minds. It never progressed very far but occasionally you thought you would catch the hint of a thought from someone.

Tonight you sit down in front the fire and look at the drawing of your momma you made a few years before she died, “I gonna make you proud, momma.” You concentrate on reading the mind of bb2112. An image of an apple cobbler pops into your head, you sit and try to decipher what that means and then you remember that Remus brought you an apple cobbler yesterday. “Guess, I’m hungry.” You get up and run to the kitchen and grab a bite of the cobbler to eat. Once your hunger was satisfied you sit down again and begin to concentrate on bb2112.

Your mind stays empty. “Maybe I’m not trying hard enough.” You think. You close your eyes, clinch your fists and strain very hard. Your eyes fly open, wide in shock, as you realize you just soiled your pants.

After changing clothes you give up on the mind reading and decide to be a seer. You sneak out of the cabin and creep over to bb2112’s home to see what he was up to. You peer through his window and you see him pacing the floor. He looks as if he was waiting on something. As you watch you see him fall to his knees, he seems to be in pain. You fight your instinct to go help him and continue to watch as he begins to transform right before your eyes. Bb2112 is a werewolf also!

The werewolf turns and looks out the window and you immediately duck down. A stench rises up to your nostrils and you realize you have soiled yourself again. You quickly crawl away from the window and run back to your cabin muttering “Momma, momma, momma” all the way home.

You slam the door and bolt it. You slide under your bed and hide there the rest of the night. You did good, the village will be proud of you again because you are sooo special. But first you must survive the night as the wolf goes on the hunt.

When you see the first shimmer of morning light you scramble from under the bed and open the door to a new day. You begin skipping to the village center; they are going to be so proud of you. You hope Remus bakes you another of his famous treats…maybe some pumpkin bread this time. As you skip you start to feel an uncomfortable burning feeling in your backside and you realize you forgot to change your trousers.

=================================
Wolf kills Triggercut
You can’t believe what just happened today. For the two centuries you have been hunting with your buddy pr0ner, you’ve never had a village stand up and take action. They have always coward in their homes or went hunting for you at night when they were at a disadvantage. This new tactic just cost you your partner and friend. You’ve heard rumors about this new tactic and now you have fallen victim to it. It has to be that damn book.
You need to destroy that book and Triggercut was the last one with it.

You sit and wait until you feel the transformation getting close. You stand up and begin pacing the floor. Many nights you dread this moment but tonight you hunger for it.

Your feel it in your fingers first and you brace yourself for the inevitable pain. When it hits, it hits hard, you fall to your knees as your body transforms.
You rise from the floor, reinvigorated and filled with rage; you catch a scent that is all too familiar, the smell of human excrement. You leave the cabin and track the scent, you pass a cabin and pause. Another scent enters your nostrils; this one triggers a memory. It is the scent of the one with the book.

You stalk to the door and you can hear him inside, you can hear his steady heartbeat and rhythmic breathing. You take a step back and then ram into the door. It splinters and the hinges break as the door crashes to the floor. You hear his heartbeat begin to race and the smell of fear reaches your nostrils as you pounce. You rip Triggercut apart limb by limb just like they did your friend. You dine on his warm innards before leaving.

As you leave the cabin you let loose a fear inducing howl to announce your presence and to let the villagers know that vengeance is upon them.

1. Remus West- 5 villager
2. pr0ner---- 1 wolf
3. Qantaga- 4 villager
4. theohall- 9 villager
5. triggercut- 7 villager
6. purge--- 6 villager
7. RMC------ 8 villager
8. bb2112---- 2 wolf
9. Isgrimnur---3 seer
Last edited by Lassr on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

Well... that felt good after screwing up the end of the last one. :)

Interesting that Isgrimnur scanned bb2112 and knew he was the wolf, but never really said so.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

theohall wrote:Well... that felt good after screwing up the end of the last one. :)

Interesting that Isgrimnur scanned bb2112 and knew he was the wolf, but never really said so.
You think he would have said something. Nothing to lose, after all.
Hodor.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

pr0ner wrote:
theohall wrote:Well... that felt good after screwing up the end of the last one. :)

You think he would have said something. Nothing to lose, after all.
his short term memory is not so good since the accident.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

OOWL Game 3- The Fall -Day 2

Post by Isgrimnur »

Once Remus started off the votes and they kept going that way, I decided to see if I could get us there without having to announce it.

If it hadn't ended before I went to bed, I would have come out with the info to end it tomorrow.

I'll post my PMs tomorrow.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:My guess for Seer was theohall. I haven't gone back to look and see if triggercut left any clue that he may have been.
What? You can't tell who the special was from my write up?
I didn't even think about it. I was just posting the impressions that I'd had and hustling back to see the end of the baseball game (congrats on living another day theohall and triggercut. Go Cards!)
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: OOWL Game 3- The Fall -The End. Bye Bye Wolfies

Post by bb2112 »

Nice job village. We, apparently, were the worst wolves ever. I should have voted for Pr0ner earlier. I thought about it, but I guess I just thought that eventually things would turn away from him. After Issy put the final vote on him, I pretty much knew it was over for me. When Trig announced going after the three that did not vote for Pr0ner first, my worst fears were realized. Ah hell, I would have voted for me at that point.

I killed Trig because I really thought he was the seer, he was not playing his usual aggressive style. Isgrimnur was also not playing his usual game, but I was hoping that wasn't because he was "special" and could use it against him. Not one other person jumped on that train.

Theo, you are on fire. You were the one that turned everyone from Q to Pr0ner. That coupled with the LoTR game, mad props. Great job everyone.

Laser thanks for running, awesome write ups, as usual. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

purge wrote:Too late to withdraw my vote. If youre a wolf, well done on the defense.
RMC wrote:Welll..... I hope you all are right, cuz I don't see him being a wolf..
Thanks guys. At least your comments make me feel like I'm not totally worthless. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote: Laser thanks for running, awesome write ups, as usual. :D
I just noticed I never did Triggercut's death write up that I would have sent him...the damn wolf waited so long to get his night order in and I forgot. :P

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

It was the two quotes from Day One about pr0ner when you were saying you could change your vote, but would prefer not to do so which was the only reason I voted for you. Had you not added that second post, I probably would have looked elsewhere on Day Two. It just looked like you knew something about pr0ner you shouldn't have known.

That being said - Isgrimnur nailed you after Day One, anyway, so whatever I did would not really have mattered.

Good game, though.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

[color=#FF0000]Lassr[/color] wrote:You are the seer.

With great power comes great responsibility.
Isgrimnur wrote: :doh: Wow, is this going to be bad for the village...
--------------------------
Isgrimnur wrote:
[color=#FF0000]Lassr[/color] wrote:Seer: Who will you scan?
I really want to scan triggercut after that screw up in the math of the game, but I don't see him pushing his partner to n-1 when there's still time for things to turn around.

I'm going to scan bb2112. He's likely just misguided, but I want to make sure
[color=#FF0000]Lassr[/color] wrote:so still think the village is screwed because you are the seer? You'll probably get a medal like the one you got from the Special Olympics. :D
Isgrimnur wrote: :P. Oh, and thanks for the whole crapping my pants thing. Remind me to show my full appreciation later.
Isgrimnur wrote:At this point, I'm really trying to get this as a win without having to reveal. I think that would be a major coup, honestly.
[color=#FF0000]Lassr[/color] wrote:in other words you are delaying a stretching out the game like bb2112 was doing with his night order...ass :D :P
Isgrimnur wrote:I'm not going to let it go past tonight, though. If he doesn't show up before I hit the sack this evening, I'll announce and put an end to it.

I'd be perfectly happy if theo or RMC would just end it now. It's not like I want this to go on through the weekend.
[color=#FF0000]Lassr[/color] wrote:I figured you were just demented and wanted to see what yarn bb would spin before nailing him.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:
[color=#FF0000]Lassr[/color] wrote:
[color=#FF0000]Lassr[/color] wrote:I figured you were just demented and wanted to see what yarn bb would spin before nailing him.
Yeah, thanks for making me sweat and make an ass of myself in my last couple of posts. You should have just put a (silver) bullet in the back of my head and let the game end. You did everything but yell, "Dance, monkey, dance!"

As much as Remus hates me in these games, he would have at least made it quick.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

BTW, funny set of posts between you and Lassr. Thanks for posting, I needed a laugh today. :lol:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I don't hate you. I just have a twisted sense of humor (as though you did not already know that) and find it funny to get you lynched early. I used to do that with Chaosraven but I got over it. It will pass for you too, little one.
purge

Post by purge »

In the spirit of full disclosure, here are my interactions with Lassr:
Spoiler:
Lassr wrote:You are a villager.
:D
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:I don't hate you. I just have a twisted sense of humor (as though you did not already know that) and find it funny to get you lynched early. I used to do that with Chaosraven but I got over it. It will pass for you too, little one.
Yeah, yeah, say whatever you need to soothe your guilty conscious. :P

And hey, I just noticed you used to and too correctly! My little boy is growing up. :cry:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:
Remus West wrote:I don't hate you. I just have a twisted sense of humor (as though you did not already know that) and find it funny to get you lynched early. I used to do that with Chaosraven but I got over it. It will pass for you too, little one.
Yeah, yeah, say whatever you need to soothe your guilty conscious. :P
I feel no guilt about it. You know me better than that. :P
And hey, I just noticed you used to and too correctly! My little boy is growing up. :cry:
I'm working on it.
purge

Post by purge »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Remus West wrote:[kissy kissy]
[smoochy smoochy] :P
[blah blah] :P
Ick. Enough with tonguing each other.

Get a room.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

jealous much?
purge

Post by purge »

I'm over you, Remus. I've moved on.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

purge wrote:I'm over you, Remus. I've moved on.
Doesn't sound like it, batman.
purge

Post by purge »

bb2112 wrote:
I'd retort, but it might just be best to let dead dogs lie. :twisted:
stessier

Post by stessier »

purge wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
I'd retort, but it might just be best to let dead dogs lie. :twisted:
Well played! :lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
purge

Post by purge »

8-)

YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Game 3:

pr0ner lynched. Wolf.

RMC +3 (successful lynch, +1 for leadership)
Remus West +3 (see above)
theohall +2
triggercut +2
Isgrimnur +2

triggercut killed overnight.

bb2112 lynched. Wolf.
Remus West +4 (successful lynch, +1 leadership, +1 consistency kicker)
Isgrimnur +4 (See above)
purge +3 (successful lynch, +1 consistency)
theohall +3 (see above)

Village wins.

Remus +2
Isgrimnur +2
RMC +2
purge +2
triggercut +2
theohall +2
Qantaga +2

Wolves lose.

pr0ner -3
bb2112 -3

Remus: +9 (I think that's the perfect score for a villager. Kudos!)
Isgrimnur +8
theohall +7
RMC +5
purge +5
triggercut +4
Qantaga +2
pr0ner -3
bb2112 -3

Poor theohall! He was early on both successful trains on pr0ner and bb2112...jumped off...and then jumped back on. Cost himself 2 points and a perfect score! (He outscored me though, so what do I know...)

Check for accuracy, working on cumulative totals through 3 games!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
stessier

Post by stessier »

How did Isgrimnur get the Leadership bonus on the second day? Isn't that a one person/lynch type bonus? Should he have Purge's score?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Page 3 of the WW thread. First two villagers get leadership.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

stessier wrote:How did Isgrimnur get the Leadership bonus on the second day? Isn't that a one person/lynch type bonus? Should he have Purge's score?
First two on a successful lynch vote get the leadership bonus.

Second day, Remus voted, theohall voted, Isgrimnur voted. Theohall pulled his vote off, purge put his vote on, theohall put bb2112 in the noose.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
stessier

Post by stessier »

triggercut wrote:
stessier wrote:How did Isgrimnur get the Leadership bonus on the second day? Isn't that a one person/lynch type bonus? Should he have Purge's score?
First two on a successful lynch vote get the leadership bonus.

Second day, Remus voted, theohall voted, Isgrimnur voted. Theohall pulled his vote off, purge put his vote on, theohall put bb2112 in the noose.
Ah, thought it was just the first one to vote. My bad.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Damn it, theohall. If you had just stuck to your guns I could have surpassed Isgrimnur for the overall lead. :lol:
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:Damn it, theohall. If you had just stuck to your guns I could have surpassed Isgrimnur for the overall lead. :lol:
:) Heck, I should only be 1 point behind you, instead of 3 if I would've stuck to my guns. But who sits on their first vote on the first day? Anyway, I'm surprised to actually be that high in the standings. Interestingly, just won a "league-like" game over on GT as a villager. Was very fortunate tru1cy trusted me on the last day after I convinced him to kill a villager on the penultimate day.