OOWL Game 3- The Fall -The End. Bye Bye Wolfies

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: OOWL Game 3- The Fall -Day 1

Post by Isgrimnur »

Or you could just watch the thread title until he changes it. :pop:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:You need to stop posting in this thread until they get the damned orders in. Every time I see you posted I check back in and find nothing has happened yet. :evil:
Spoiler:
psych
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Yeah, I keep checking too. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

48 hours is too long!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I am so going to slap you if we ever meet FtF. Stop posting in thread until the update, damn it. :tjg: :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

At sunrise the villagers begin to shamble from their homes. They all heard the wolf last night so the ordeal was not over. They all waited, as everyone gathered, to see who would be missing.
It was obvious after a while that Triggercut had not arrived with the book. You hoped he was back in his cabin reading it but everyone knew better.

RMC volunteered to go check. As the villagers waited they caught the smell of excrement. Was it time to clean the latrine already? The smell was too close though, someone had shit their pants.

Before any further investigation of the smell could take place RMC returned; his face as a white as cotton. “He’s torn to pieces. The…the wolf did leave the head so we could identify him. I didn’t look for the book…I had to get out of there.”

Bb2112 spoke up, “We don’t need the book right now; we know what we need to do.”
Last edited by Lassr on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Remus West -----------
2 Qantaga -----------
3 theohall -----------
4 purge -----------
5 RMC -----------
6 bb2112 -----------
7 Isgrimnur -----------
-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------

Majority = 4
Deadline Tuesday 9 PM CDT

pr0ner ----------- dismembered wolf
triggercut ----------- dead villager

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Re: OOWL Game 3- The Fall -Day 2

Post by RMC »

Umm... I am so not volunteering anymore to check anything. Just sayin.
triggercut wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:So what do we figure?

Wolf in on the vote or staying far away from it? I believe I have the votes below in order, but can't guarantee it.

On the vote: RMC, Remus West, theohall, triggercut, Isgrimnur

Not on the vote: pr0ner, Qantaga, purge, bb2112
We work our way through bb2112, purge, and Qantaga, and if we still come a-cropper, then start on Isgrimnur, and me.

Not artful, but it'll get the job done I think.
Here was triggercuts last thoughts.

I am going to have to read through again and see where I am at. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

All that gnashing of teeth and you don't even give us a reason for the vote?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:All that gnashing of teeth and you don't even give us a reason for the vote?
I might. Read the thread and see what you think of it on your own.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm not arguing against the vote, I'm just interested in your statement of reasons. :pop:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:I'm not arguing against the vote, I'm just interested in your statement of reasons. :pop:
and I am not yet interested in sharing my reasons until others read the thread and post their thoughts on it. I do have reasons and am happy to share them later.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fair enough, Remus. :pop:

As for triggercut's last thoughts, he was on my radar for those last words.

Say we follow his idea. If pr0ner's partner voted for him, we lose.

Day 2: 6 villagers, one wolf
Day 3: 4:1
Day 4: 2:1

Leaving the last wolf to finish off the last two villagers for dinner on Night 4 and breakfast on Day 5 before we get to "start"ing on me and him, who would already be dead.
theohall

Post by theohall »

bb2112 wrote:Also, why Pr0ner? Is this a poke the silent, or is it something else that I may be missing? If the isgrimnur thing is not going to get any traction, I can change my vote.
bb2112 wrote:But for the record, I would rather not.
It was Day One. Why would you rather not vote for pr0ner, unless you have information the rest of us lack?

bb2112 

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Chugga chugga

bb2112 

N-1
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

There is also decent reasoning for going slowly here as well guys. Anyone that drops that final vote will need to have something a lot stronger to base it on. I dropped the first vote early and the only other two people to check in have also voted bb2112. We have time enough that we could actually discuss things rather than just rush over the edge in a single direction.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Remus West wrote:only other two people to check in have also voted bb2112.
You really should take RMC off ignore.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Okay. I will give others a chance to talk.

withdraw bb2112 

Unless something major happens, I still intend to vote for him.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West wrote:only other two people to check in have also voted bb2112.
You really should take RMC off ignore.
I meant since I posted my vote. RMC checked in before my vote and has not been back yet. You and theohall are the only ones to check in since I voted and both followed my vote very quickly. I'd prefer we give folks time so that everyone has checked in and seen what is going on. I'm voting on a strong hunch but it is not so strong that I want to run him silently off the edge. Let him talk. Let others react to what he has to say. We have used no misses and have plenty of RL time to use.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fair enough, but I can't be expected to know what you mean when it's different from what you say. "Check in" is usually a reference to posting after a particular game event, not someone's vote.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga ez-mated Day One that he would be busy, so we will just have to wait for him to get unbusy.

That leaves purge and bb2112. I find it interesting bb2112 hasn't commented, yet, considering how active he was Day One.
purge

OOWL Game 3- The Fall -Day 2

Post by purge »

I'm sticking with  bb2112 

from yesterday. And that's saying alot considering using bbcode on tapatalk sucks.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended.
Please be patient - I will get to you shortly.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:Fair enough, but I can't be expected to know what you mean when it's different from what you say. "Check in" is usually a reference to posting after a particular game event, not someone's vote.
Which is why I clarified. I did not have issues with what you pointed out (that RMC had check in this game day).
theohall

Post by theohall »

And we are back to N-1.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Remus West wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Fair enough, but I can't be expected to know what you mean when it's different from what you say. "Check in" is usually a reference to posting after a particular game event, not someone's vote.
Which is why I clarified. I did not have issues with what you pointed out (that RMC had check in this game day).
I demand that you disagree with me! :tjg: :D
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Fine! Isgrimnur is a butthead that I suggest we lynch on the premise that he got away with this act last game. A game in which we also nailed one of the wolves day 1. Let's not risk his doing it again. Lynch Isgrimnur.

Except for the fact that bb2112 is my main suspect and he spent a good deal of day 1 trying to get Isgrimnur lynched the above makes perfect sense.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Come on, theo. You know you want that kill vote. I promise I'll never use it against you. :D
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

theohall wrote:Qantaga ez-mated Day One that he would be busy, so we will just have to wait for him to get unbusy.

I did ez-mate Day One away. My project is complete, so I'm much more available. Days are naturally busy, but evenings/weekends I'm around.

I voted bb2112 on the first day, after reasoning it through, and am inclined to vote for him today, too. Of course, my reasoning also led me to believe pr0ner non-evil, so I'm not exactly trusting my instincts in this game.

I don't plan on voting before we hear what bb2112 has to say first.

trig's last words give me pause. Was he killed to cast suspicion on bb2112, purge, and I? Or was he killed by bb2112, purge, or I to take trig out because trig would probably come hard after one (or all) of the three of us?

My first inclination is that it is a setup and that, of course, the remaining wolf would want to be on the vote against pr0ner (thus, killing trig would be a natural extension of that strategy). However, there would also be benefit to killing a player like trig, if someone thought that trig (a quite persistent fellow) was going to press them on the next day. I think we're all savvy enough around here that it's difficult to decide which vial of iocane was used as motivation for a single kill.

I plan on re-reading, while waiting for bb's response/thoughts. Be back after dinner.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
RMC

Post by RMC »

I think we need to hear from BB before we lynch. I also fear that triggercut was killed just because of his list.

If he was way off, then all three of those named directly in order could be a ruse to throw us off.

I am still rereading but have to make dinner, yadda yadda ..So later tonight I will post more.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I suggest that folks focus more on the players left in the game and their actions/interactions rather than triggercut's list. Look at the overall picture rather than at a single moment in time.
purge

Post by purge »

Im just going on gut feeling.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Remus West ----------- bb2112
2 Qantaga -----------
3 theohall ----------- bb2112
4 purge ----------- bb2112
5 RMC -----------
6 bb2112 -----------
7 Isgrimnur ----------- bb2112
bb2112 ----------- 3
-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------

Majority = 4

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Whoa, sorry guys. I was away from the computer all day. Had some personal business pop up and I had to get it done today.

First of all I am not the seer, so it wont be a huge loss if I go today except for the fact that I am a villager. I haven't had a chance to read all of today's thread yet, you guys have been busy today. I will catch up when I can tomorrow, but I figure I should probably answer since I'm on the block and not make you wait.

First, I was going after Trig today. Issy was and is still my first choice for all the reasons you guys ignored, but Q and Trig were my next two choices. I was trying to not piss Trig off yesterday since I was so close to getting lynched anyway, I didn't need another guy going after me especially for the Triggercut rule. Anyway, moot point now. Sorry Trig.

I know this group rarely changes its mind when it gets fixated on someone, so before I go, last thoughts:

Isgrimnur: As far as Isgrimnur getting a pass, don't be so quick. I think it was fairly obvious Pr0ner was going to get lynched. I would have put the last vote on him myself but Issy did before I got a chance. This could be wolf on wolf crime to give Issy cover.

Q: I said before he seems suspicious. Is playing very similar to his earlier playing style when evil. I was going to push Trig and/or Issy today. Pr0ner tried to push for Q, so I am kind of thinking about letting him slide, but at the same time Q tried to clear Pr0ner in his analysis. So, I go back and forth.

RW: Could be evil, but was on the vote for Pr0ner early. Just think he wants to see me lynched. Will get his wish.

Theo: Don't think he is evil. He was the momentum that swung the vote to Pr0ner.

Purge: Confused. Didn't think he was evil, then came out with the seer claim. It was at night so it could have been to try and draw the wolf out, but then the wolf didn't nail him. Was not really on anyone's radar. Probably drew the seer scan if he wasn't the seer, so the real seer does know who Purge is now.

RMC: Started the Pr0ner train and never veered. Probably good.

Pr0ner: Dead wolf
Triggercut: Dead villager
bb2112: Soon to be dead villager

If the evil one isn't Issy or Q, then he is very good.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Hey, it just occurred to me, if the seer did scan me last night (since I am a high profile suspect), don't come out and try to clear me. Try and get at least one more scan before coming out.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Okay then.

You are right Isgrimnur.

Let's crack an egg.

bb2112 

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Remus West ----------- bb2112
2 Qantaga -----------
3 theohall ----------- bb2112 --- bb2112
4 purge ----------- bb2112
5 RMC -----------
6 bb2112 -----------
7 Isgrimnur ----------- bb2112
bb2112 ----------- 4
-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------
-----------

Majority = 4

VOTING CLOSED

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

:shock: WTF!
purge

Post by purge »

Too late to withdraw my vote. If youre a wolf, well done on the defense.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Welll..... I hope you all are right, cuz I don't see him being a wolf..