WW Viking Ship - GAME OVER - English Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Arcanis

Re: WW Viking Ship - Day 2

Post by Arcanis »

Newcastle wrote:As an aside - Are you guys just bored w/ the game? Should i simply call it off? There is pretty much zero activity and it has me worried that people arent interested in playing the game.
I'm not bored with it, but frustrated that it seems like most of the players barely say anything. I feel like I'm talking to myself half the time. It is hard to get a read on anyone unless they are talking, because there lack of anything provides you with nothing but "they are quite maybe they are doing so to avoid a slip".
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

No, don't call the game off. It's broken, but exciting.

Re: purge - not my first choice. I'd rather you shot Arcanis. Shooting purge won't really generate any discussion or data. If you don't like Arcanis, shoot Chaosraven, tru1cy or even Grundbegriff, who should have been able to produce some sort of smart-alecky color coded threat thingamajig about now and whose lack of insightful analysis this game is really very creepy.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Standard for these games is 3 misses correct? I think the issue is that we should have either had 14 players or the first night kill needed to be an "extra" for it to work out to 3 misses for a loss (assuming no blocks by the guardian). But that is neither here nor there at the moment, we need to have people show up and actually play.

The game seems to be waiting on RMC who is waiting on feedback from the rest of the players to say something.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
RMC

Post by RMC »

Wow... I can't believe that no one is posting that has not posted prior..

So should I shoot one of the quiet ones in hope that we get a hiding english man?

What say you, people who are posting?
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
purge

Post by purge »

Arcanis wrote:I think I have said all that I can to help you decide on who you should pick RMC. I don't really have anything more useful to add.

I do have a question though. Is anyone else as confused as I am trying to read Purge's paragraph about the English being stupid? It is all over the place and I just can't follow the logic of it, or the lack there of. I think he may have been hitting the NyQuil a bit hard before posting that or I'm totally misunderstanding what he is saying.
I misread the rules - but you seem to have an acute understanding of the english powers. I thought the explosion was a separate kill-shot, much like a hunter shot. Never played a game with a simple disruption like that. Pretty powerful in its own right though - the seer is pretty much useless today, and if we end up with a viking lynch and night kill the seer's power is moot.

One interesting point - they used up the magicians power which means one of several things:

1) The protector is alive.
2) The seer is alive.
3) The funeral pyre builder could have discovered something that they wanted to hide.
4) Since they were 3 kills from winning, why not use it to ensure no kill miss?

RMC, clearly you're a madman with a gun. My appearance doesn't surround this game or your posts. As I've stated, I'm an unpowered viking (which also makes me a rarity with so many powered vikings and englishmen in this game). I even talk at night so my absence isn't typical regardless of what you want to read into it.

Were I to pick someone, it'd be Arcanis based on his post above. <shrug> Good thing that's your decision to make and not mine.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Again, you will be wasting your shot on me. I would suggest Purge, Lagom or Grund.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

purge wrote:
Arcanis wrote:I think I have said all that I can to help you decide on who you should pick RMC. I don't really have anything more useful to add.

I do have a question though. Is anyone else as confused as I am trying to read Purge's paragraph about the English being stupid? It is all over the place and I just can't follow the logic of it, or the lack there of. I think he may have been hitting the NyQuil a bit hard before posting that or I'm totally misunderstanding what he is saying.
I misread the rules - but you seem to have an acute understanding of the english powers. I thought the explosion was a separate kill-shot, much like a hunter shot. Never played a game with a simple disruption like that. Pretty powerful in its own right though - the seer is pretty much useless today, and if we end up with a viking lynch and night kill the seer's power is moot.

One interesting point - they used up the magicians power which means one of several things:

1) The protector is alive.
2) The seer is alive.
3) The funeral pyre builder could have discovered something that they wanted to hide.
4) Since they were 3 kills from winning, why not use it to ensure no kill miss?

RMC, clearly you're a madman with a gun. My appearance doesn't surround this game or your posts. As I've stated, I'm an unpowered viking (which also makes me a rarity with so many powered vikings and englishmen in this game). I even talk at night so my absence isn't typical regardless of what you want to read into it.

Were I to pick someone, it'd be Arcanis based on his post above. <shrug> Good thing that's your decision to make and not mine.
So you are accusing me of being an Englishman because I actually read the rules? :shock: Not only that but we had this conversation right after the kill and it was clarified then too, so not only did you 1)misinterpret the rules but you now 2)forget that they were clarified for you and 3)accuse me of being a Brit because I didn't misunderstand them as you did. That is 3 strikes, I think Purge is English and desperate to get someone else shot/lynched. Congratulations you just vaulted from obscurity to the top of my list.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

I wanted to add this so I can clarify my point a bit more, as re-reading I don't think it was clear. I don't think Purge misread the rules for the English. I think he is playing dumb, because the English should know their powers better than everyone else so he makes it a point to show he doesn't know them. What really pushes this for me is the fact that it has been clarified by Newcastle for him already. So he is either a Viking that hasn't been paying attention to the game at all or a Brit feigning ignorance. I think it is the latter but if it is the former then we are in trouble because he still gets a vote and they can pile on that vote if he doesn't stumble on an Englishman.
purge

Post by purge »

Dear Arcanis,

You're pushing a little hard on this, aren't you? I jumped to the top of your list because I thought an explosion is in and of itself a killer and I've been out for days (and at least bother to show up and say SOMETHING ... it's like we have a band of crickets here)?

I have no certainty on who is english, but perhaps you are certain of who isn't and want us to miss?

RMC, shooting or lynching me will bring us closer to losing. If we weren't so close to losing I'd offer myself for the lynch and even self-vote, but right now there are four englishmen who are coordinating themselves and trying to undercut.

I don't know if Arcanis is an englishman or not- but he's pushing for me, so I'm going to TP on this.
purge

Post by purge »

Weaponsmith Shot Vote: Arcanis
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

I'm not pushing because you misunderstood the first time, that is a mistake that can be made. I'm pushing because after being corrected and having it explained you did it again and used that as the excuse to push for me. So either you aren't reading the thread, you have a major reading comprehension problem, or you are English and playing dumb. Since you are active in the thread I am pretty sure you are reading, I don't think your stupid so I doubt you are having a hard time understanding things that have been explained twice, and that leaves us with you being English.

Not to mention your sudden appearance right after you were targeted. Could it be coincidence, sure could be, but that is what first started me really looking at you as a possible Brit.

RMC I say shoot Purge, or if you don't feel comfortable with him as a shot anymore for some reason pick someone who hasn't been talking.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

it is possible the people remaining silent are doing so in the hopes of hiding in the weeds until the shadow of the Mighty Hunter passes by, but I would imagine it's not likely to be someone who does that ANYWAY.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

1. Purge
3. Remus West
4. Lagom Lite
5. Qantaga
6. Chaosraven
7. Grundbegriff
8. Truicy
11. Coopasonic
12. Arcanis
=========================
Good, Bad, He's the Guy With the Gun
10. RMC
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Day Dawns

1. Purge abcd 1
3. Remus West abc 12345
11. Coopasonic abc 1
12. Arcanis abcde 1234
-------------------------------------- (NC explains Text)
4. Lagom Lite abc
5. Qantaga a
6. Chaosraven
7. Grundbegriff a
8. Truicy ab
----------------------------------

RMC appears with a Gun

1. Purge
3. Remus West 2 8
4. Lagom Lite 5
5. Qantaga 4
6. Chaosraven 3 6
7. Grundbegriff
8. Truicy 7 9
11. Coopasonic
12. Arcanis 1

--------------------------------------

RMC intends to shoot Purge

1. Purge 1 10 14 15
3. Remus West 2 5 6
4. Lagom Lite 8
5. Qantaga
6. Chaosraven 3 17
7. Grundbegriff
8. Truicy 11
11. Coopasonic
12. Arcanis 4 7 9 12 13 16
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Day Dawns

1. Purge 4
3. Remus West 3
11. Coopasonic 3
12. Arcanis 5

Quiet
4. Lagom Lite
5. Qantaga
6. Chaosraven
7. Grundbegriff
8. Truicy

-------------------------------------- (NC explains Text)

1. Purge 1
3. Remus West 5
11. Coopasonic 1
12. Arcanis 4
4. Lagom Lite 3
5. Qantaga 1
6. Chaosraven 0
7. Grundbegriff 1
8. Truicy 2
----------------------------------

RMC appears with a Gun

3. Remus West 2
4. Lagom Lite 1
5. Qantaga 1
6. Chaosraven 2
8. Truicy 2
12. Arcanis 1

1. Purge
7. Grundbegriff
11. Coopasonic

--------------------------------------

RMC intends to shoot Purge

1. Purge 4
3. Remus West 3
4. Lagom Lite 1
6. Chaosraven 2
8. Truicy 1
12. Arcanis 6

5. Qantaga
7. Grundbegriff
11. Coopasonic
"Where are you off to?"

purge

Post by purge »

Frankly, I'm worried that Arcanis isn't a Brit and when RMC decides to do the wrong thing and shoot me, hanging Arc would end the game.

I've talked myself into corners before, and not ONCE have I been a wolf in those situations. Feel free to confer with people who've played with me before. Heimdall is an excellent example. When the first explanation came out (feel free to go over it) I missed the fact that the explosion != a kill shot. It also isn't explicit in either the definition, nor in the explanation (the only reference is in the "flavor" comment by NC), so it still didn't make sense to me that they wouldn't have used the night kill on another, and the explosion on our pyro.

The brits must be having a hoot at my expense. :oops:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Coop and Grund are way to quiet for my taste this game... I am hoping to hear from them before Wed night.

We shall see...
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

MODERATOR NOTE-

Due to the upcoming holidays and the desire for a deadline, i am going to tenatively set Wednesday, November 30, 10 PM PST as the deadline.

I want to get this out there now, so it is not a surprise for those going on holidays. The big monkey wrench is the holiday weekend coming up starting tomorrow.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

RMC wrote:Coop and Grund are way to quiet for my taste this game... I am hoping to hear from them before Wed night.

We shall see...
I'm on vacation and this game is slower than molasses. 48 hours played in skyrim.

I think I already said it, but Shoot Tru1cy.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Happy Thanksgiving break! Shoot coop.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Shoot SOMEONE already.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

As the ship hit the land, the crew began to set up a temporary camp. RMC rose to his full height and spotted his prey standing right below him on the beach. He drew his axe and stood on the rails. He took a deep breath, praying he was right. He then jumped and swung with all his might at his target.

Purge’s head split open and brain matter splattered the rest of the crew as RMC’s axe plunged into his head. Purge was dead in an instant. Everyone looked at the dead body, at the long flowing blonde locks, and one conclusion was clear:

PURGE had been a Viking
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Majority is 5

Deadline is 10 PM Pacific, Wednesday November 30.

DAY BOILERPLATE
Weaponsmith – Who will you Shoot?
Fighter – Who will you take to the grave with you?
All – Who will you lynch?

ROSTER
1.Purge -Smith victim
2. El Guapo– The Hors d’oeuvres
3. Remus West
4. Lagom Lite
5. Qantaga
6. Chaosraven
7. Grundbegriff
8. Truicy
9. Theohall-Death by Magic
10. RMC
11. Coopasonic
12. Arcanis
13. Scoop–Chrome death
Bayraktar!!!!

RMC

Post by RMC »

Shit...
RMC

Post by RMC »

Well let's continue my madness

Lagom Lite 

It's a hunch, which is what Purge was, and I was wrong...I hope I am right now.

Sorry all..
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:Well let's continue my madness

Lagom Lite 

It's a hunch, which is what Purge was, and I was wrong...I hope I am right now.

Sorry all..
Can you please remove that just in case. They only need a single wrong vote right now to pile on and cost us the game. I have my doubts about Lagom but I have larger doubts about others.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

remove Lagom Lite 

Err... Man didn't even think of that..
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Yeah dude. Lynching me is a miss and a loss.

Arcanis?
Is there anyone in hell?

Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Not the result I expected. I really did expect him to be English, I just found it hard to believe he managed to either misunderstand both times the EMP was explained or didn't read the thread.

As Remus pointed out we need to be very, very careful with any votes cast. One wrong vote with the English ready to pounce and pile on gives us the loss.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

I'll add in I still suspect Tru1cy, but after I was so wrong on Purge I'm not going to push that issue. The only person we know we can trust as non-English right now is RMC and he still can be wrong, just not intentionally leading us to defeat.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I think we need to go after one of the quiet ones?

Coop or Grund?

I was thinking Lagom, but as I go back and read through, it seems like he is not english...And my hunches have been very wrong lately..

I am leaning towards Grund. Just way to quite for him.. I am going to hate myself if Chaos is english, as I had him typed in before switching to purge... <sigh>
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lagom Lite wrote:Yeah dude. Lynching me is a miss and a loss.

Arcanis?
This is why I want you to pull your vote for Lagom, RMC. He has been pushing Arcanis from day 1. Arcanis has been highly suspect to me from the outset due to the way he reacted to poking. Leads me to think that either Lagom is English and Arcanis is going to go boom or Lagom is not English. I'd like to step back from it and talk before we set them up with a potential bumrush.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Yeah dude. Lynching me is a miss and a loss.

Arcanis?
This is why I want you to pull your vote for Lagom, RMC. He has been pushing Arcanis from day 1. Arcanis has been highly suspect to me from the outset due to the way he reacted to poking. Leads me to think that either Lagom is English and Arcanis is going to go boom or Lagom is not English. I'd like to step back from it and talk before we set them up with a potential bumrush.
I removed it.. :)
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I think Grundbegriff is English too fwiw.
Is there anyone in hell?

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

RMC wrote:I am going to hate myself if Chaos is english, as I had him typed in before switching to purge... <sigh>
:doh:

Chaosraven wrote:Coop, lagom, tru1cy, and of course REMUS WEST.
Chaosraven wrote:If the intent of the shot is to hit an Englishman, specifically the 'splodie one, perhaps a little more discussion before you nuke purge would be in order.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

3. Remus West
4. Lagom Lite
5. Qantaga
6. Chaosraven
7. Grundbegriff
8. Truicy
11. Coopasonic
12. Arcanis

10. RMC

9 Players. FOUR of EIGHT are Bad Guys.
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Bad bit of luck there with purge as Reykjavictim.

I'm not English, btw. I'm just busy.

I don't know what to think about Arcanis or tru1cy. My only bad vibe so far has been coop.

Remus creeps me out a bit, too, but that's par.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Lets see who is actually checking this :D

I'm the seer. I was hoping we caught a Brit with the shot so I wouldn't have to reveal yet. I have been trying to keep myself high enough on the suspicions list that the English figured they could leave me alone so I would last long enough to get some information. My night 1 scan was Lagom, thanks to his signature I wanted to know if that opportunistic monster was on my side or not, and he is. He is a plain old Viking. Obviously I have no night 2 scan. My scan is also the reason I didn't vote for LL despite his pushing for me to be lynched since the crack of dawn on day 1.

With LL, myself, and RMC removed from the pool it gives us a slightly better chance of not losing today. We should have a good chance at hitting one of them and I really hope the protector is one of the other 2 left since if he isn't I won't have a scan for the morning, assuming we guess right.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Grundbegriff wrote:My only bad vibe so far has been coop.
All I've done in this game is complain about tru1cy's translated posts and whine about the lack of a time limit. My silence otherwise is more damning.

Anyway, I am a villager/viking.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Arcanis wrote:I'm the seer. (...) Lagom (...) is a plain old Viking.
So that's TWO suspects I had that turned out to be good Specials. I've got to try to learn telling baddie/subterfuge and special/subterfuge apart. :)

So unless Arcanis is contested, that leaves:

Possible baddies:

3. Remus West
5. Qantaga
6. Chaosraven
7. Grundbegriff
8. Truicy
11. Coopasonic

Four out of six of these players are baddies. It might actually be more fruitful to try to establish who is NOT a baddie among these players.

I don't think Remus West is a baddie. If he is, he's being clever as his posts have helped the village throughout.

On a hunch, I'd exclude Chaosraven as well. I'm much less sure of that though and really, just a hunch.

That would leave:
Grund, Qantaga, tru1cy and coopasonic as our Englishmen.

I'd like to lynch in this order:
Grundbegriff
Qantaga
tru1cy
coopasonic
Is there anyone in hell?