WW Viking Ship - GAME OVER - English Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Re: WW Viking Ship - Day 2

Post by Chaosraven »

Arcanis claims role, clears Lagom. Leaves 6 unknown with 4 evil among them. Q steps forward to counter, in an attempt to return us to even odds. Using the splodie make sense, as lynching him is also a loss. So even if we believe Q to be explosive, that would have left us with 5 unknown with 3 english, and NONE EXPLOSIVE. If we remove Arc/Q as Shaman/Splodie, but lean to Arc we have 60% odds left (or 75% for those of us in that pool who know it isn't us).
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

We should examine the 'pressure' on Arc and Q; the voting and threat matrix of both in regards to their scanned; and we need to discuss the timing of the pair of claims. But I don't think we vote for either. I will note that I stated Day One how screwed we were with this setup.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I don't think it fair to suggest that Arcanis' and Qantaga's "reveals" were done under the same circumstances. Arcanis' did move us into a better place concerning the odds. However there was talk about lynching him so it also put him in a better place to not get lynched. As for Qantaga, if he is telling the truth then his reveal would be a direct result of Arcanis' being a liar. I haven't made up my mind between them but I think you walk a dangerous line if all you consider is what each claim did to the odds of randomly choosing between the rest of us. You also ignore that the odds are better than that for those of us in the unknown group as we each know ourselves and thus can remove 1 from the suspect list.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:I don't think it fair to suggest that Arcanis' and Qantaga's "reveals" were done under the same circumstances. Arcanis' did move us into a better place concerning the odds. However there was talk about lynching him so it also put him in a better place to not get lynched. As for Qantaga, if he is telling the truth then his reveal would be a direct result of Arcanis' being a liar. I haven't made up my mind between them but I think you walk a dangerous line if all you consider is what each claim did to the odds of randomly choosing between the rest of us. You also ignore that the odds are better than that for those of us in the unknown group as we each know ourselves and thus can remove 1 from the suspect list.
And you can remove me as well. :)

I wish I had some insight into this..But Arcanis was on my short list, but I never called him out so he didn't have a reason to come forward from me.

And the protector really has no reason to protect me, as my one shot is done, and other than being proven I am not really offering anything else to the team.

I think I need to read over everything again, and see who said what when..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote: You also ignore that the odds are better than that for those of us in the unknown group as we each know ourselves and thus can remove 1 from the suspect list.
Chaosraven wrote: If we remove Arc/Q as Shaman/Splodie, but lean to Arc we have 60% odds left (or 75% for those of us in that pool who know it isn't us).
Let's hope you aren't talking to me... or are you simply not reading my posts?
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote: You also ignore that the odds are better than that for those of us in the unknown group as we each know ourselves and thus can remove 1 from the suspect list.
Chaosraven wrote: If we remove Arc/Q as Shaman/Splodie, but lean to Arc we have 60% odds left (or 75% for those of us in that pool who know it isn't us).
Let's hope you aren't talking to me... or are you simply not reading my posts?
I was replying to your first post in that series and hadn't read that far.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Feel free to read the rest of them. :P
"Where are you off to?"

Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Just an FYI work is pretty busy right now and I don't have much more to add at the moment. So I'll be checking to see if someone is asking me questions occasionally but will likely be MIA for a day or two.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
tru1cy

WW Viking Ship - Day 2

Post by tru1cy »

Yeah, Qantaga's reveal doesn't feel right to me

Watching how things play out
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Obviously, we have to test one of them. Sadly, they both gave reasonable answers to my questions. :/
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

3. Remus West
4. Lagom Lite
6. ChaosRaven
7. Grundbegriff
8. Truicy
11. Coopasonic

If we ignore the two of them we each have a better than 50% shot at finding one of the other three English.
Grundbegriff wrote:Obviously, we have to test one of them.
:?

I think that the English are Arcanis, Grundbegriff, Chaosraven and Lagom Lite.

Grund for many things, not least of which the above quoted comment. Chaosraven for the silent,silent,silent, look how helpful I am approach. Lagom Lite for his ready acceptance of Arcanis' claim and dismissal of Qantaga's as well as being "scanned" by Arcanis. Arcanis for his odd panicky looking reactions day 1 and mostly because he came forward and claimed "Seer" not "Shaman". I'm pretty certain the guy with the role wouldn't screw that up. Ask Scoop and Chaosraven.

I'll vote for any one of those 4. Chaosraven preferably since if I am wrong then at least I get to say I outlived him. :ninja:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Obviously, we have to test one of them.
:?
Grund for many things, not least of which the above quoted comment.
Name a single time when we've had two claimants, we've deferred the test till later, and it has gone well.

It's nearly axiomatic that you deal with the bird in the hand.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote:Lagom Lite for his ready acceptance of Arcanis' claim and dismissal of Qantaga's as well as being "scanned" by Arcanis.

This is the crux of the matter for me. Obviously, I have the (only certain to me) knowledge that Arcanis is lying. I understand completely that everyone has to make their own choice about whether Arcanis is telling the truth or whether I am telling the truth, but Lagom's complete faith in Arcanis (when there is a Priest in this game) is the act of an Englishman supporting an evil teammate and not the act of an inquiring Viking.

I think the spoofing Arcanis is the 'zerker, trying to end the game by exploding. Therefore, I don't think we can afford to lynch him.

I am willing to bet the game on Lagom being English:

- If he is English (as I believe him to be), we buy ourselves at least another day.
- If he is Viking, he has already turned coat and virtually joined the English team by utterly dismissing me as Shaman and putting his faith in Arcanis.

Lagom was my submitted scan for Night 2, but the EMP blocked that scan.

I fully intend to vote for Lagom, but I will hold off on the formal accusation until tomorrow, since this is our last strike and everyone needs a chance to choose who to believe between Arcanis and I.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Qantaga wrote:...Lagom's complete faith in Arcanis (when there is a Priest in this game) is the act of an Englishman supporting an evil teammate and not the act of an inquiring Viking.

...I am willing to bet the game on Lagom being English:

...Lagom was my submitted scan for Night 2, but the EMP blocked that scan.
Again, awfully conveeeenient.

If you're really the Shaman, you're not making this easy.

If Arcanis is the Shaman, Lagom Lite is Viking, and you're English, then by coaxing us to test via Lagom, you're inducing us to make the game-losing play.

(I guess it's also possible, if you're Viking, Arcanis is Ebil, and Lagom is splodie, that you're accidentally playing into their hands. But that would involve significant two-moves-ahead play on the part of the English.)
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Grundbegriff wrote:Again, awfully conveeeenient.

Again, regardless of your perception of convenience, it is nonetheless the unfettered truth.

Alas, five people in this game know I am telling the truth. Unfortunately, four of them are evil and the fate of the game rests on whether my other four Viking brethren will decide to trust me or fall under the sway of the English Arcanis.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Qantaga wrote:

Again, regardless of your perception of convenience, it is nonetheless the unfettered truth.
I'll say this. If you're English, and you're riding on the claim that your first scan was the guy who proved himself anyhow and your preempted scan was for the guy you're now targeting, you deserve style points for chutzpah.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

I'll say this. If you're English, and you're riding on the claim that your first scan was the guy who proved himself anyhow and your preempted scan was for the guy you're now targeting, you deserve style points for chutzpah.
This is part of why I believe Qantaga over Arcanis. If you were going to come out as a fake AFTER the real Shaman had come forward wouldn't you provide some sort of information that would make you appear more helpful to the group?

I am willing to vote Lagom as I already noted.

I'll be interested to see what tru1cy and coopasonic make of this as, if I am right, they are going to prove pivotal (as will RMC but then I know he is a Viking).
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Remus West wrote: I'll be interested to see what tru1cy and coopasonic make of this as, if I am right, they are going to prove pivotal (as will RMC but then I know he is a Viking).
Qantaga presents his case really well, but that's what I expect of Qantaga, good or evil. Arcanis is less convincing, but he came first.

If you are evil you have this game in the bag. Why make a claim unless you know you won't be countered? I think Arcanis is the real deal.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

We should not choose between Arcanis and Qantaga, since Qantaga is the 'splodie. The fact that Grund still says we should choose between them is very annoying.

Grundbegriff 

If there's a dogpile, you can blame the loss on me.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Maybe you're right, Remus. Qantaga, this'll be either glory or shame for you.

Lagom Lite 

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I don't think that I'll be able to accept glory or shame. I don't know that Lagom is evil (although, he is my best guess for Englishman #2). All I know for certain is that Arcanis is evil.

I find it interesting that both Lagom and Grund have been formally accused for hours with no wolfpile. That seems to indicate that at least one of them (if not both) are evil, or are the wolves coordinating a pile on time on their forums?

If both of them are Viking, the wolves could have already sealed the game.

I'm willing to vote for Lagom because:

- I think Arcanis is the zerker and lynching him will lose the game.
- I think Arcanis tried to remove a fellow English from the possible lynch pool to win the game by generating one eroneous vote from a pool of 4Vik/2Eng, if he went uncontested.
- Lagom's utter faith in Arcanis' claim over mine.
- The fact that Lagom, tru1cy, and coop are siding with Arcanis means they're either English or mistaken Vikings. If any of them are Vikings, the game is virtually over now anyway, since they have been enchanted by the Englishman's lies.

I will probably cast a vote on Lagom in the next couple hours, but I need to think a little more about the lack of a wolfpile on Lagom or Grund.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Actually, the more I think about it, I have to vote Lagom.

- Lagom has made his bed with English Arcanis. Even if Lagom turns out to be Viking, he has sided with the English and, even if do hit an English from the pool of {Grund, Chaos, coop, tru1cy, Remus} today, Lagom will continue to side with Arcanis' advice over mine, which will eventually ensure an English victory anyway.

- The only way I know to prove I am telling the truth is to lynch Lagom. I normally might not be willing to risk the game on that test, since it's game over if I'm wrong, but (as mentioned above), Lagom has already sided with the English anyway. If we lynch Lagom and he is English, the game continues with definitive proof that Arcanis is lying.

For better or worse  Lagom Lite 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I believe Qantaga over Arcanis and I'm willing to test my list.
 Lagom Lite 

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I think Lagom dangling like that with no wolfpile shoving him over the edge is pretty telling.
"Where are you off to?"

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Chaosraven wrote:I think Lagom dangling like that with no wolfpile shoving him over the edge is pretty telling.
I agree.

Lagom Lite 

If this is the wrong play, evil has played it very well.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

coopasonic wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:I think Lagom dangling like that with no wolfpile shoving him over the edge is pretty telling.
I agree.

Lagom Lite 

If this is the wrong play, evil has played it very well.
 lagom lite 

and cross your fingers
"Where are you off to?"

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

VOTING CLOSED.

(write up in about an hour, sorry for the delay).
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Game Over Man!

I of course check in too late.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Voting closed:

Lagom Lite (5) - Grund, Qantaga, Remus, Coop, Chaosraven

Grundbegriff (1) - Lagom

Majority 5 needed
1. Purge –Weaponsmith victim
2. El Guapo – The Hors d’oeuvres
3. Remus West
4. Lagom Lite
5. Qantaga
6. Chaosraven
7. Grundbegriff 3
8. Truicy
9. Theohall-Death by Magic
10. RMC
11. Coopasonic
12. Arcanis 4
13. Scoop – Chrome death
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

The warband had established a rudimentary camp. Lagom had been posted as the first guard and was busily scanning the forest for threats as well as the return of the scouting mission. “Where’s Remus & Chaosraven?” He worriedly muttered to himself , “They left a couple hours ago to scout. They should be back by now.

Just then Remus and Chaosraven burst into camp and rushed to the main tent, eager to share their news. The warband rushed around them, eager to get information.

“You absolutely bloody hell wont believe this.” Remus said.

“What? What?” Qantaga asked

Chaosraven answered “That farking fort was deserted. You know what’s even better is that there is a clear road where we can hit the abbey. We should head to the fort and stay there tonight, we can then spy on the abbey. Gods be praised!”

Incredulous at their luck, the warband packed up and merrily made their way to the fort. They fastmarched and within an hour the fort rose up ahead of them. Relieved the warband knew a good nights rest was a head of them, in a nicely enclosed shelter.

“I cant believe our luck” Truicy said.

“I know, a warm shelter for the night, how lucky can we be” RMC added.

Grundbegriff, “Well lets hustle on in, I need to use the loo.”

Lagom turned and stared, “ The loo? I’ve never heard……” Just then an arrow split the air and wound up in Lagom’s eye socket.

“Where the hell that come from?” Coopasonic shouted, eyes bugging out, sweeping the horizon.

Arcanis pointed toward the forests “Cheerio, I do think it came from over there.”

Coopasonic stood and looked toward the forests. A glimmer of movement shook a branch. “Over there I see it!” He shouted, then started to charge.

“No you don’t mate.” And Arcanis raised an axe wedged it deep into his shoulder blades, Coopasonic fell lifeless.

“What the ….” RMC panicked, seeing Coopasonic dead on the ground, and Arcanis’ bloody axe.

“Wrong time to invade you wanker” Remus replied as he loped off RMC’s head with an axe.

Truicy turned, and quiet as a mouse started to dart back to the longboats.

“No you don’t you blasted weasel.” Chaosraven said to himself as he calmly notched an arrow into his bow and let it fly. It caught Truicy in his left leg, and shoved him to the ground. By then Chaosraven had caught up with him and with a mighty swing of his axe lopped off his head.

Qantaga had seen his compatriots knocked off one by one, and was trying to slink away when Grundbegriff noticed him.

“So you’re the shaman eh? Well too bad mate, your gods didn’t help you out of this mess.” And with a mighty swing of Grund’s axe, Qanta’s head flew in the air and rolled up to rest against RMC’s.

With the Viking invasion force dead, the four Englishman looked at each. “Well anyone fancy some tea?” Remus asked.

“That would well would hit the spot.” Arcanis added.

“Very good chap, I could very go for that right now.” Chaosraven replied.

“I could do with some Blood sausages also.” Grundbegriff added

They all laughed in relief, the Viking force had been defeated.

ENGLISH VICTORY!
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

ROLES:

GOOD
Shaman - Qantaga –
Weaponsmith - Rmc
Guardian – El Guapo
Coroner - Theohall
WARBAND 1– Truicy
WARBAND 2 - Lagom
WARBAND 3 – Scoop
WARBAND 4 - Coopasonic
WARBAND 5 - Purge

EVIL
Fighter – Arcanis
Seer (evil) – Grund
Magician – Chaosraven
Leader - Remus
Bayraktar!!!!

Arcanis

Re: WW Viking Ship - GAME OVER - English Victory

Post by Arcanis »

I was going to put the final vote on Lagom to finish it off for irony's sake, but Chaos went and ruined that. :roll:

It was a good game guys. I really need to figure out what I'm doing that makes everyone suspicious of me as well. Since every game it seems like everyone jumps on me. Normally I figured it is because I talk too much.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Fighter – Arcanis
Seer (evil) – Grund
Magician – Chaosraven

I tried to tell you guys they were English. I just couldn't put my finger on that slippery Swede. :twisted:

We got very lucky to nail El Guapo with the first kill. I'll be interested to hear why he did not self protect that first night as that would have been a huge set back for our cause if we had hit a protection right away.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Hey guys!

First night going mostly blind I decided to protect someone who seemed like a likely first night target. So I protected...Remus West. Since you're pretty good at these games (it seems), I thought they might try to knock you off first. Of course, having picked the leader of the bad guys I got a good write-up from Newcastle.

I am curious about first night protection theory. I went back before deciding to a couple game threads, and found some initial self-protections, some not. I also thought I might want to have the ability to self-protect available in case I drew some attention on day 1.

For that matter - why did you bad guys pick me night 0?
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:Hey guys!

First night going mostly blind I decided to protect someone who seemed like a likely first night target. So I protected...Remus West. Since you're pretty good at these games (it seems), I thought they might try to knock you off first. Of course, having picked the leader of the bad guys I got a good write-up from Newcastle.

I am curious about first night protection theory. I went back before deciding to a couple game threads, and found some initial self-protections, some not. I also thought I might want to have the ability to self-protect available in case I drew some attention on day 1.

For that matter - why did you bad guys pick me night 0?
Sort of the same reason you protected me....I thought you'd been playing really well and wanted you out of the way. :lol:

Did you save the write up?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Night 1 Orders
- GOOD -
Qantaga (Shaman –good seer) –Scan RMC
During the night, you grabbed your incense and sat in your hut. Looking fondly on your beads, and around your hut you knew it would be a while before you’d be back. You decided to seek clarity on a person who you’d been wondering about. You meditated upon RMC. The scent of the incense wafts up your nose, as your mind cleared. Then, there it was. Clarity, you focused in on RMC. You saw him moving his arms over something. You focus more. Then you see a dagger, he seems to be sharpening a dagger. Then the revelation is complete. RMC is the weaponsmith!.

Theohall (FP Maker) – Scans no one
With your jazz hands you decided to ready materials for future deaths. Its hard being this jazzy all the time, but you can do it!

El Guapo – Protect Remus West
At night, you decide to follow Remus and protect him. You think he’s a good Viking, but troubled. You don’t want anything to happen to him. Over the course of the night, you hang with him, drinking ale and sharing boasting stories of riches you will snare, the women you’ll tame and the Englishman you’ll kill. He laughs with you. Your full of ale and your boasting is full as well. But the last comment semed to have unnerved him. He reaches for a pig skewer. He grabs a piece and offers you the rest. You smile and feel warm in the companionship. You grab it and as you are bout to eat it, he shoves the pig skewer into your gut. Your body convulses, the meat drops, and Remus leans in and with fire in his eyes whispers. “You’re not going near my people”
Sorry but YOURE DEAD!
Let me know if you want access to the spoiler forums

EVIL
Grund –
You retreat back to your hut, quickly closing the hide curtains. Thankful this will be your last night on this godforsaken soil and amongst these pagans. Slowly you reach for your bible and let the words sooth you. Soon you gain clarity. You focus your thoughts on the one named Lagom Lite. You peer into his soul, deeper, and deeper. Then the clarity stops. You gasp for breath, but you have your answer. Lagom is a normal Viking.

KILL
(kill = El Guapo here obviously)

You decide to sit by the fire and listen to the rest of the warband. You slowly sip the ales, and pretend to be drunk. These next few weeks will be harsh, and tomorrow is just the start. Kill sits next to you, giving you a big slap on the back. You smile, and soon he’s spinning stories bragging about the Englishmen he’ll kill, the women he’ll rape. He’s drunk your not. Something about his words get to you. You take a quick look around, see that no one is about. Quickly you grab a skewer with a small bit of pig on it. You pretend to take a bite. “Ah I cant finish it, want it.”
“Sure” Kill says.
He grabs the last morsel of the pig. You take the opening to run the skewer deep in his belly. KILL’s eyes look up at you. “Your not going near my people.” You reply as KILL dies. You take a look around, no one saw a thing.
You then notice a chain fall from his neck, upon closer inspection, you realize it’s the Guardian’s chain. EL Guapo was the Guardian!
Bayraktar!!!!

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Nice game wolves! I hope you got some entertainment from my frivolous thrashings about. :)

My sincere apologies to my fellow Vikings. Between my opening scan of a self-provable RMC, the EMP that blocked my scan of Lagom, and my inability to convince Lagom, tru1cy, and coop of my truthfulness, I may just have been the least effectual Shaman ever. :oops:
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

We just got lucky on night 0, your scan and our kill. That combined with the numbers being off for the game made it all but impossible for team Viking to win. You guys would have had to of picked out one of the other 3 vikings and kept hitting them before setting in on me to have won.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I was checked out for the whole game and I'm going to take a break so I don't contribute like this in another game.

I think I've learned I need a theme I can identify with to drive my participation.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

They got the Guardian on the first night, too? Wow.

I think with one less bad guy, this game would have been more balanced. Still, thanks for running it Newcastle.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club