OOWWL S01 Game 5 Villagers Win! Game Over!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: OOWWL S01 Game 5 Wednesday, Day Three!

Post by Newcastle »

my main thought as to why Grund could be the seer is based on this:

1. his play throughout the game was very wacky, ungrund like.
that brings up:

2. what if his play was designed to keep him high on the suspect list to keep him from being a night snack?

that brings up why?

3A. He is the seer and wants to stay alive to possibly get 2 scans in then he will reveal what he knows

3b. He is acting wacky to observe reactions to cull and work with that data.

Since we didnt get 3b from him, i am leaning heavily to 3A. I voted for him on day 2 because i wanted to see him talk and see what he had to say, he then voted toward me...but then rescinded when i backed down, because he had spoken up.

He could have also been acting like that to serve as a decoy also however, that would be a viable scenario here. But i would think he would have done more to try to cull and bring forth data for us to work with in case of his death. Good Grund usually gives us something to work with.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

pseudo answers,swerves and whatevers....... Then try trig's prince this late in the game. Damn what happened to the Newcastle That had a lot to say when he framed me sometime back. I seem to remember a post so long I had to take a nap to finish it. You usually have more to say.

I will say again. I will NOT intentionally baulk a vote. The logic may be sound, but the spirit of the game holds priority.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

RevHempus71 wrote:
I will say again. I will NOT intentionally baulk a vote. The logic may be sound, but the spirit of the game holds priority.

We left the spirit of the game in the dust when we refused to lynch yesterday.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Qantaga wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote:

We left the spirit of the game in the dust when we refused to lynch yesterday.
I disagree. Yesterday we failed to reach a consensus. We did not plan to miss the lynch. Failure to reach a lynch due to disagreement is much different then failing to lynch via agreement.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
purge

Post by purge »

PLEASE READ THIS POST THOROUGHLY
This is my contribution to our win. It's train-of-thought while reading, so bear with me.

I have a giant list of train-of thought and summation of the first five pages. It is contained in this spoiler, and is ugly. Feel free to peruse it - it is a condensed form of the significant (and several seemingly insignificant) actions taken:

DAY 1 EVENTS
  1. Grundbegriff wrote:Did my anti-purge crusade not count because it preceded the game's beginning? Alas!
     purge 

This was Grunds second attempt at me on Day 1. The first one wasn't counted even though the game had started. He wanted me tested so badly that he brought it up again.
  2. Lassr wrote:[re: Remus]I can't decide whether you should die today or have a scan wasted on you.
    Seer slip, wolf plant? Stess hopped all over him on that comment and he justified it with "likely lynch means wasted scan" and then claimed villager. Died that night and the tender care of the wolves.
  3. Qantaga wrote:Just getting back to civilization and catching up.
    Observations:
    This game is a whole lot of fluff so far. Rev and Grund voting, but mostly quiet. Newcastle, purge, and bb2112 volleying trivialities. Stess visiting from Prague and gearing up his participation to join the Remus/Lassr debates.
    I don't see anything to diminish my suspicions of any of you having sharp, pointy teeth that spring out in the moonlight.
    It is somewhat interesting that Lassr thinks the scan would be "wasted" on Remus, but is that a true slip, or wolfy stess trying to create a "slip," as he has been known to do in the past?
    Remus' self-vote makes me want to vote for him, as I'm sure he's well aware.
    I suspect that one of Lassr or stess is bad, so let's try  stessier 

The only thing I "volleyed" was a puppies comment. There are now two votes on Stess at this point. Would a wolf contribute to a train and give it momentum, I wonder?
  4. Day 1 Vote Count

1. Remus West - bb2112, Remus West, Lassr
    2. Newcastle - Remus West
    3. Lassr - Qantaga
    4. purge - bb2112
    5. RevHempus71 - Grundbegriff
    6. stessier - RevHempus71, Qantaga, Lassr
    7. Qantaga - stessier
    8. Grundbegriff - purge
    9. bb2112 - purge, Remus West, stessier

Remus West (1): Newcastle
    Qantaga (1): Lassr
    bb2112 (1): purge
    Lassr (2): Remus West, stessier
    purge (1): Grundbegriff
    stessier (2): bb2112, Qantaga

Majority for lynch: 5
    Deadline: Sunday at 10 PM ET
    Qantaga is already on Stessier.
  5. RevHempus71 wrote:I have just one question Qantaga. If you believe one of Stess or Lassr is evil, why vote for the one that is not voting for you?  Qantaga 

Right after Qan posted his vote on stess, Rev leaps to Stess's defense and instead of voting for either or opening discussion, accuses Qan.
  6. Following that, Stess then steps up on Qan's accusation of the "slip" that Lassr may have been planting false hints of being a seer to later claim he is the seer. Lassr swings his vote over to Stess at that point, and withdraws Qan.
  7. Rev drops a irrelevant comment, and Remus bumps Stess to n-1.
  8. Newcastle asks why Stess is up on the block (defense, perhaps?), and moves in on Grund. (claiming I'm present, my last post was quite some time ago).
  9. stessier (4): bb2112, Qantaga, Lassr, Remus West N-1
    It should be noted that NC is on Grund, and Qantaga was solid on Stess the whole time. He hadn't changed his vote, and if he were wolf, I'd think he'd try to undercut certainty. Several other targets were available. Grund then strings up Stess, and we bag a wolf.[/li]
NIGHT 1 EVENTS
  1. NC comments on missing the vote (n+1 lamentation, possible wolf act to "hang with the guys" so-to-speak).
  2. Lassr comments on frequency of day1 wolf kills
  3. BB2112 woohoos for "us".
  4. Lassr is killed. Seer risk pretty much is the likely reason he died.

DAY 2 EVENTS
  1. Rev writes up comments based on Qan's post (I've quoted above). Then he somehow draws conclusion that Qan is wolf based on "Gearing up" indicating its a slip from an implied wolf-forum discussion, rather than an understanding that stess isn't in it and is now more available to get into this particular fray. Grund drinks the cool-aid, and then Remus thinks about it and indicates that it would be unlikely that the wolves would stack the deck against themselves by throwing one under the bus at the beginning of the game.
  2. Qan basically calls out Rev right away with Day 1: Rev defended Stess.
  3. Here's where the NC "distraction" begins:
    Newcastle wrote:
    Remus West wrote:....snip..... I find it odd that Newcastle decline to express any intention to vote stessier yesterday but simply questioned the vote being there. ......snip.......
    wanted to know why people were voting for him. I hadnt read the thread thoroughly (skimmed it) and was curious why he was run up so fast. I was also waiting to see how things woudl turn and develop as well. I really didnt expect him to go to the gallows so quick.

if anything, i think Remus comes out smelling hte best there...yea, i am sure thats gonna heighten your paranoia about me....but mainly due to Rev's statement of not putting your partner at #4.

Question woul dbe: would grund put his partner over the edge like that? So i cant clear grund...and yes i think he'd do something like that. Especially due to these short games, his chances at surviving to end game are high.
    This is where I come back in (top of page 4) since Page 1 puppies comments. I call out those who pan me off as "usual". I also comment that I think Grund *would* pull the rope on his own.
  4. Rev then pipes up with this (emphasis his):
    RevHempus71 wrote:
    Qantaga wrote:
    RevHempus71 wrote: How's that for a moment of clarity??

Your moment is the exact opposite of clarity.

I have no experience with you to know if, as a wolf, you would come out so strongly on the offensive. ( you are right you don't know how I play)

What I do find interesting is that, after I accused stess yesterday, you came out questioning that vote and accused me, in what could have been a diversion tactic in stess' defense. ( I found it odd that you didn't at least throw some kind of jab Lassr's way after he voted for you.)

I think anyone can look back with "clarity" and see that my accusation of stess provided the momentum for his death. If I were a wolf, there would be no reason for me to put stess in that position. ( how is being the 2nd vote providing momentum? )

I'm suspicious of Grund's vote, too. Rev comes out with an elaborate theory, drawing "evidence" (color coded, no less) from a post where I correctly named a wolf. Grund doesn't bother to try to explain why he thinks Rev's unlikely conclusion has any merit (all he offers is a hemp joke), he just throws down a vote. What a nice gift for a wolfy Grund. If Rev is a misguided innocent and not the wolf, Grund helps kill me today, then gets to watch Rev come under scutiny for being so wrong about me. (I am an innocent, maybe misguided {pot can do that sometimes}. )

So, not surprisingly, I'm suspicious of both Rev and Grund at the moment, but It would be nice to hear opinions from the rest of the players.
  5. BB goes after NC. Grund goes after Remus.
  6. NC does some analysis, and then points to Grund or Rev (with highlighting Stess doing the early jab at packmate day1). Eventually he drops his accusation on Rev.
  7. BB then reviews the actions of NC resulting in a Grund accusation. NC defends his posts and the depth of which he analyzed it.
  8. Rev then TP's NC's claim, defending his "insight" flaw based on him not being a logical thinker.
  9. NC asks for a reason as to why he's being voted for, and notes that he is N-1. Remus backs off his NC vote, to which Grund hops right on bringing NC back to N-1.
  10. Rev then backs off the NC vote. Rev places a dramatic plea with the village that since he's at the top of the list that he can get one more smoke in. Remus moves back in on NC.
  11. Rev hops back on the NC train (n-1) with 2 things (and only lists one - that his posts are soft- more prodding than probing).NC calls Rev on following Remus, and assures Rev that he thinks Rev is the wolf.
  12. There is some back and forth with NC and Rev, followed by BB calling out Rev's false claims of BBs voting pattern.
  13. Rev goes back to dramatics with a self-vote putting him at 2 votes.
  14. Then NC decides to hunt silents instead, starting with Grund, and Rev is the only one voting for Rev:
    theohall wrote:Day Two Vote Count

1. Remus West - Newcastle, Newcastle
    2. Newcastle - RevHempus71, Grundbegriff
    4. purge
    5. RevHempus71 - Qantaga, Newcastle, Newcastle, RevHempus71
    7. Qantaga
    8. Grundbegriff - Remus West
    9. bb2112 - Newcastle

Newcastle (2): bb2112, Remus West
    Remus West (1): Grundbegriff
    RevHempus71 (1): RevHempus71
    Grundbegriff (1): Newcastle

Majority is 4
    Deadline is Tonight at 10 pm ET
  15. Grund votes for NC, and explains it as TP. They have a little discussion, while Rev defends his self-vote.
    NC then turns his accusation to me (as I was silent/non-present).
    Grund agrees putting me at N-2.
  16. Qan goes after Grund.
    Grund then explains his NC vote (putting Newcastle to n-1):
    Grundbegriff wrote:
    theohall wrote: Newcastle (3): bb2112, Remus West, RevHempus71 N-1
    I put Newc back at N-1 after Rev pulled away, because I wanted to watch a wolf pounce and put him over.
    It didn't happen.
    For this reason, I strongly suspect that our wolf is either Remus West or bb2112.
  17. Thing is, Rev was on NC, but had left. It also means that Grund either suspected, or KNEW that NC was human.
    Grunds "test" was at 3:38PM - baiting the wolf to kill NC. He never mentioned NC in his suspicion.

At 5:00pm, 45min before the end of his test, Rev had this to say:
    RevHempus71 wrote: withdraw Rev Hempus 

Thinking.....
    A wolf contemplating the trap.
  18. Then this gem then popped out of Grund:
    Grundbegriff wrote:
    Qantaga wrote:Then, why did you vote purge?
    That's my default vote, as illustrated at day's beginning.
    Thing is, he no longer suspected me, so I believe Grund may have been our Seer and was re-running his test on me, to see who would have piled on to draw out a decent target for scan and accusation for today.
  19. Rev continues to go after others - In this case tries to start up the Remus train, and Grund having indicated his suspicion was Remus, hops on board.
  20. Qan goes back to Newcastle, and Grund reasons that by not joining the crowd, that Qan needs to die and invites both Rev and NC should join him in killing that monster. NC drinks the cool-aid and joins the mob against Q, and Grund asks Q why not Remus.

Q explains that NC isn't seer (since he went to N-1) and that Remus may be and didn't want to expose him.
  21. NC is at N-1. Grund pushes hard for Remus, since if he's seer he's already been marked for death ( a ploy to possibly survive the night).
  22. NC rails against my absence (and at this time I am truly absent - earlier I had checked and wrote something only to cancel my post).[/li]
[*]DAY2 ends - no kill.
[/list]

NIGHT 2 EVENTS
  1. A half hour after the vote closesRev drops a vote against Qantaga.
  2. Then he apologizes!
  3. Grund is killed.

DAY 3 EVENTS
  1. We begin discussion on the skipped night, and frankly I'm running out of time in writing this so I'm just skimming page 6 on.
  2. Rev basically says Qan then NC as his prime suspects.
  3. When NC indicates seer should come forward, Rev decides to move his accuse from Q to NC.
  4. This is after I've asked us all to look at yesterdays behaviour before we start with the accusations.
  5. BB accuses me based on my silence, even though I've been contributing significantly during Day3.
  6. Remus goes after NC based on the stess lynch (where he didn't cast the vote that Grund got in as the kill). NC TP's.
  7. Then NC and Remus begin the back-and forth, with everyone else sitting back.
/// and here we are.

My conclusions are in the next post.

Don't quote my whole message - I've given you numbers to help along. :D
purge

Post by purge »

Sorry for some of the formatting errors, it's a bloody long-arsed message, and the BBcode here is different than GT's ([li] vs [*], for example, and close tags for [li], with none for [*]).

That being said,

Our survivors:

1) Purge - mostly silent. Absent for much of the game, and trying to play differently to learn more about the villagers. Not in on ANY votes in Day2, and only had one vote on BB2112 from the get-go because of a puppies comment. :P Wolf ploy? Unlikely.

2) Qantaga - Day 1 vote on Stess with no wavering. Could have undercut the momentum. Stacking the game against the wolves on day 1? Unlikely.

3) bb2112 - Day 1 on Stess after dancing with accusations against me. His voting goes here and there, but I don't think he's our wolf.

4) Remus West - Day 1 on Stess, N-1. Likely wolf move? Nope. Possible, perhaps Grunds decisiveness surprised them. His behaviour is consistent with his normal gameplay though, and while he's not always right, he is a natural leader and has been doing so.

5) NewCastle - I believe him to be human as well. Although he missed the Day 1 kill vote, he has been solid in his arguments and there haven't been any slip-ups. He'd be my second pick over our wolfy candidate.

6) RevHempus - Wow. Just read my above post and focus solely on Rev's actions. From attacking an all-but-proven Qantaga, to the "inspired" actions, self-votes, dramatic defense when no heat was on him to late votes and the "Thinking..." in the midst of Grunds trap, he's got all the markings of the wolf. He was desperately trying to get trains started during the day2 dusk / lynch crunch. Plus, he's been playing the "I'm a stoner" card pretty damned hard, and he DEFENDED STESS.

Purge is human (not seer)
Qantaga is human
Remus is human
BB2112 is human
Newcastle is likely human

RevHempus?

RevHempus needs to die like his packmate, Stessier 

purge

Post by purge »

Also, I will be :grund: if he turns out human. :mrgreen:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

nice post purge....

i think am going to go quiet for a bit to reassed and let others talk. I've been hogging a lot of the discussion want to see what others think.
Bayraktar!!!!

theohall

Re: OOWWL S01 Game 5 DUSK of Day Two!

Post by theohall »

Vote Count: Wednesday - Day Three

1. Remus West - Newcastle
4. purge - bb2112, RevHempus71
5. RevHempus71 - Qantaga, Newcastle
7. Qantaga
9. bb2112 - purge

Newcastle (2): RevHempus71, Remus West
purge (1): bb2112
RevHempus71 (1): purge

Majority is 4
Deadline is Sunday at 10 pm ET
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Withdraw Purge 

Some interesting points there Purge.

We have heard some good stuff from Newcastle, now Purge. Rev, would you like to say something in your defense or offer a better candidate for the gallows, and why?

You have always been on my short list, and now it looks like you are on some others as well. Now would be a great time to speak up.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Here goes..... next post. Just got home from work.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Yes I have something to say.

withdraw NewCastle 

Purge 

I think you just blew it Purge. If you succeed in getting me to the gallows you will miss big. I am a villager. I am doing my job. Now Grund may have been the Seer. Who knows. I really don't care what Grund was other than the human he was . The only one concerned with that is mister wolfie.
Now as for riding NC, truth is the bad guys for whatever reason did not wish him dead. So I have figured it to be the right place to keep trying to bait a wolf. My thinking was to watch at just who wouldn't vote for NC...... hmm look it up.

Now I have really only 1 suspect. it is Purge as I have already indicated by my vote above.

Bb2112, I lean cool your way. your vote on the Stess thing put you in leaning good zone early....
Q, I antagonized you early for a reaction, got what I was looking for and backed off, kinda, ....
Remus, I have said before why I lean good his way....
NewCastle, see above, besides I did OWE you one.... think back
Brings me to you Purge..... :horse:
theohall

Post by theohall »

5. RevHempus71 - Qantaga, Newcastle, purge
7. Qantaga
9. bb2112 - purge

Newcastle (1): Remus West
purge (1): RevHempus71

Majority is 4
purge

Post by purge »

RevHempus71 wrote:Yes I have something to say.

withdraw NewCastle 

Purge 

[...]Now Grund may have been the Seer. Who knows. I really don't care what Grund was other than the human he was .[...]
I would like to point out the clear separation Rev puts in this line - sounds like a wolf talking.

Now Rev, why wouldn't you care about who Grund might have cleared, esp. if he was seer? Lassr and Grund (at this point with no seer reveal) are our only hopes. Hints are valuable.

Knowing Grunds actions helps determine his tests. Grund's actions are generally multi-layered.

RevHempus71 wrote:The only one concerned with that is mister wolfie.
You're right, to an extent. The Wolf would have been looking for the seer, but we also seek direction. At this point you have not shown any serious interest in the seers information, because you know damn well who's "human" - everyone but you.
RevHempus71 wrote:Now as for riding NC, truth is the bad guys for whatever reason did not wish him dead. So I have figured it to be the right place to keep trying to bait a wolf. My thinking was to watch at just who wouldn't vote for NC...... hmm look it up.
Thing is, Grund was baiting the wolf, not you. Not once, but twice. Wolf didn't want to take the bait due to its obvious nature. I have much respect (certainly now having re-visited all of the actions) for Grunds investigation even with little verbosity.

As for you? You're all over the place and your defense doesn't even begin to make sense. You've said before that I am my usual self, and I've called you on it saying I'm NOT. This is not how one hides. One rides the easy train. Hell, I wasn't even on your "radar" until I compiled the information above. At *BEST* you're TPing (to which IIRC you just criticized someone else for) rather than trying to deflect attention.

You're bagged, wolf.

Guys? I'll fetch the rope.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle 

I am baffled, so I'm going back to my original read.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
purge

Post by purge »

theohall wrote:Vote Count: Wednesday - Day Three

7. Qantaga
9. bb2112 - purge

Majority is 4
Hey wolf!! Cast a vote against Remus and BB ... that way you'll have the whole set!
purge

Post by purge »

bb2112 wrote: Newcastle 

:grund:

What baffles you?
purge

Re: OOWWL S01 Game 5 Day One!

Post by purge »

Safe banter and easy to plant:
stessier wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote: Maybe I do smoke to much
 Rev 

for trying to impersonate Remus. :P It's "too", not "to"
Stess defended by Rev:
RevHempus71 wrote:
Qantaga wrote:Just getting back to civilization and catching up.

Observations:

This game is a whole lot of fluff so far. Rev and Grund voting, but mostly quiet. Newcastle, purge, and bb2112 volleying trivialities. Stess visiting from Prague and gearing up his participation to join the Remus/Lassr debates.

I don't see anything to diminish my suspicions of any of you having sharp, pointy teeth that spring out in the moonlight.

It is somewhat interesting that Lassr thinks the scan would be "wasted" on Remus, but is that a true slip, or wolfy stess trying to create a "slip," as he has been known to do in the past?

Remus' self-vote makes me want to vote for him, as I'm sure he's well aware.

I suspect that one of Lassr or stess is bad, so let's try  stessier 

I have just one question Qantaga. If you believe one of Stess or Lassr is evil, why vote for the one that is not voting for you?  Qantaga 

He doesn't just ask the question, he also accuses Qan rather than trying to test the theories or the indicated parties. Once again, Qan holds on Stessier.

It is possible that I am wrong, but we're throwing away Occams Razor to do so, and, given the full scope of Rev's behaviour, ignoring the fact that he's the goddamned wolf.

Let's string him up. I pointed out the fact that NC could be the wolf, but is the least likely suspect. If I'm wrong about Rev, then NC would be next on my list. Qan planting a firm grip, with regular contributions and no major slip-ups means my gut says human.

BB, I don't know, but I'm guessing he is given his wavering. I think I've come up with some compelling evidence, and given my strong direction it would be easy for a wolf to hide in that and simply point the finger at me (were I wrong). BB didn't jump on-board.

As for Remus and Newcastle, they're so busy fighting each other that perhaps they aren't paying attention. Either way, there are three people I consider safe that haven't chimed in with thoughts.

My vote is for Rev, and it will not move unless there is some VERY compelling evidence. No "I smoke too much weed" arguments are going to dissuade me - some of the most deceptive people I know are pot-heads. If there is any apology Rev needs to post regarding that, it'd be to stess on another forum.

TL;DR?

RevHempus71 

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote: Newcastle 

BB - why do you think i am a wolf?

is it because I didnt vote for Stessier? That i wanted to know why people were voting?

think about it this way.....say you were an innocent joe...and you walked into the thread, when someone was hanging around at n-1, and you wondered why. After all, close to death and in a tight game, you kind of want to be cautious before sending someone over. Now, someone else sends him over and he turns out to be a wolf. Now you get hammered for not voting for a wolf when he was N-1. HINDSIGHT IS 20/20. How was i suppose to know you nabbed a wolf?

Probably the smarter play would be as a wolf.....I could have easily have sent him over the edge and then ride the wave of goodwill for having hte cajones to act w/ the group and gut and send a wolf over.

instead of having to deal w/ the blowback of not voting for him.

If i were to try to ease the suspicions off a partner, i'd do it in a larger game and w/ a powered team mate. Not one where we are equal powers. If it were a wolf seer, i'd take the bullet for him...but in this game...day 1 in a 10 man game...lets run the math shall we...i probnably have to survive 3-4 days right?

day 1 - 9 players
lynch 1 (say wolf)
nk (night kill)-1

day 2 7 players
ly -1
nk -1

day 3 - 5 players
ly -1
nk -1

day 4 - 3 players
ly -1
nnk -1

So now, if i were a wolf, i'd have to survive a total of 3 more days alone, riding the wave of goodwill generated by my "capping" a wolf. OR i could try to save a "partner" in hopes of easing the win a day earlier.....seriously....think about it....the smarter play in that move would be to toss a partner off the cliff, and ride that wave of good will. Because on day 4 in the above scenario...one MAJOR point in my favor would be that i knocked off a team mate...and ya know...why would a wolf do that? thats the argument that folks would be thinking.....

Think bout it....
Bayraktar!!!!

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Plain and simple folks. I am not a wolf, i am not the Seer. You Purge are seriously delusional. I don't care about Grund anymore because he is DEAD. I never said that Seer info wasn't valuable, that's you trying to put words in my mouth. You are trying too hard to make me the wolf. Why? My vote now has nothing to do with TP, it is about your elaborate post trying to string me up.

Here I am folks you want to lynch me I am not afraid to take one for the team. However lynching me kills a human. You al need to choose. If Grund was the Seer, why did he ask me and Remus to join him in a vote....You talk about Grunds layers of operation so think on that.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

So, I want to vote for (in no particular order):

- Newcastle, because he should already be dead. We could have won, if Newcastle's the wolf. If he's not the wolf, we've lost a valuable strike when the deadline passed and learned nothing from it. All we have is an additional player that increases the number of players the wolf (Newcastle or otherwise) can hide among.

- purge, because he was so quiet and now has come out firing once his silence started being scrutinized.

- bb2112, because he hasn't really been considered seriously by anyone as wolfish yet. After his misdirection in the BSG game (planting seeds that he was not Starbuck, when he was all along) I'm concerned that just the very fact that no one is seriously considering him to be a wolf could mean just that.

- Remus, because it's starting to look like Lassr was the Seer (at least to me, I've already mentioned that I can't reconcile Grund's actions as Seer-like). Since it was at least a plausible probablility that Lassr would scan Remus after their discussion, Lassr's death would have been a likely choice for a wolfy Remus. To take it a step further, Grund made a comment about betting $10,000 (Mitt Romney style) to the extent that Grund forfeited a lynch to place a vote on Remus, suggesting a fairly strong belief in Remus' wolfiness. Then, Grund dies that night. So, the first two deaths seem to benefit Remus quite a lot. Wolfy Remus taking out his accusers, or someone setting him up?

- Rev, because of several reasons, most of which have been mentioned before. His post at the dawn of day 2 where he accused me by dissecting the post I made when I correctly named stess as wolf struck me as very odd. My post and reasoning, was an accurate part of the process that nailed wolfy stess, yet Rev chose that post to accuse me of being a wolf. And, I still can't shake the post where it sure seems like Rev leapt to stess' defense. As purge mentioned above, Rev didn't just question why I voted stess instead of Lassr, he used my choice of stess over Lassr to accuse me.

I'm close to making a decision, but I'm still trying to think it all through.
purge

Post by purge »

I was quiet, and stated several times why I was quiet. I'm not going to list the things that held me back, but I can assure you that my silence was intentional, a departure from the norm, and deliberate.

I also pushed away the easy "Purge is himself" and drew attention to that - whether it be because the person had something to hide or because they were dismissive and not REALLY paying attention.

There is a case for everyone here as no one is proven- it comes down to which is the most plausible.

Remus has been pretty quiet today - if he's the wolf it puts him in a "let them kill themselves" position. He has been happily going at Newcastle, and parlaying with the innocent Grund. He was in on the Stess train though, and could have popped off.

Qantaga has acted as I expect him to, and has made no mistakes. Sure, he could have planted himself as #2 on the hit on stess, but he refused to move it. Does that prove him? No. It makes him an unlikely candidate. If someone can ACTUALLY GO THROUGH THE THREAD and make a case, so be it.

BB2112 was also on the Stessier lynch. No point in belaboring the same point I make about Qantaga - less likely.

Rev, NC and I are the ones who didn't contribute to that kill, and while NC did climb off the train (which could be wolf-ish), I see Rev's defense of stess as a big red flag.

I know I'm just an unpowered villager. Were I the seer or the wolf, I likely wouldn't have blown my own low-radar status. Sure, me pointing it out could invalidate the point, but I need to be explicit.

The cases (that I see for NC and Rev) are as follows:

Newcastle came in late on the stess kill - I can't fault him though as I didn't even move my vote. It was a train, I didn't see stess's guilt at the time that I checked. NC pulling back to get clarification is something I would do. Him going all "if I'm a distraction, kill me off" doesn't work though, and it would be a position a wolf might take to reduce the heat.

RevHempus71 has, however done much more suspicious things:
1) TP'd by proxy. Lassr or Stess were Qan's target, Rev questioned why Qan didn't go after the one accusing him and in doing so pointed at qan (to the end of the day).
2) He's played the "medicinal malady" a little too much. Pot made me do it!
3) He's shown no interest in the direction, or the movements, of our potential seers, even when spelled out.
4) He's bounced through half the village on day 3, and when I come out with a reasonable explanation, he attacks me directly rather than arguing his case - he even goes so far as to pander to each of you. He doesn't care who dies. He only cares that it's a human in the noose.
5) His contrived "inspirational" post where he accuses Qantaga because of the "gearing up" comment.
6) Self-votes with no heat, and pleads for consideration because he's going to die??
7) He was the one who responded to Grunds baiting (...thinking...).
8) Grund then invites him and Remus to vote for me. Not because he thinks I'm the wolf, but because I'd make good wolf-bait.
9) Head back to Day 2 Dusk and watch how he jumps around on ANYONE else, following Remus around in trying to get a kill. It doesn't matter who.

At this time he hasn't, to my recollection, ever once addressed these points, because he isn't in a defensible position. He's hoping you'll ignore it.

The reason I'm passionate about this is because, for the first time in a while, I feel like I'm on to something with a WW game, rather than making small moves. I forced myself to step back and truly re-read and take notes, and it's done a wonder for clarity.

I may not be right. To you, I may even be the wolf.

The only thing I can guarantee is that we won't find victory with me at the end of the noose - and Rev has nothing to show otherwise but he still votes for me. He doesn't offer any decent explanation for these points, and I'm left to decide for myself.

My wolf-o-meter:
01) Rev.
05) Newcastle
13) Remus West
14) BB2112
15) Qantaga

I really, really hope I'm right on this. Otherwise, I'll be the fool. I have no intention of committing Remucide. :oops:
theohall

Post by theohall »

7. Qantaga
9. bb2112 - purge, Newcastle

Newcastle (2): Remus West, bb2112

Majority is 4
Last edited by theohall on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

I have to work from 5 - 1am. Might get a chance to read from the phone.

I don't feel the need to defend myself. I am human.
I have not followed Remus or anyone else for that matter.
I find it odd that you put a lot of effort into your frame up. I have been antagonistic, yup guilty there.
I find it odd you use my pot posts as some kind of evidence, There are only 2 people here that could use that, Q an BB, you and everyone else in this game know me and the pot gags. Never have i used the pot stuff for info good or bad. You have to at least admit that Mr Fang.....
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm around. I've been mulling things over. The biggest problem I have right now is that Newcastle has exhibited so many of the same things he has done in the past successfully as a wolf that I really feel we need to clear him up. If I am right that he is the wolf then we have won. If not then we start over at not quite ground zero. I'm leaving my vote there.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I've stated time and again who my top 3 suspects are. Maybe I'm hyper focused on NC, but I still think our wolf is in that list of three. I think Purge has made some good arguments and Rev is probably my 2nd choice based on them. Since we now only have two shots at this, I could vote for either NC or Rev.

Remus seems pretty sure of his vote. At least for today.

Q, the other player on fairly solid ground, is not voting.

Q, care to clear up your position with a vote?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote:Q, care to clear up your position with a vote?

The more I look at the game, the more I keep coming back to Remus (n-1 on stess, notwithstanding).

However, I just can't get past Rev's response to my stess vote and his post at the start of Day 2.

Rev 

theohall

Post by theohall »

7. Qantaga - RevHempus71
9. bb2112 - purge, Newcastle

Newcastle (2): Remus West, bb2112
RevHempus71 (2): purge, Qantaga

Majority is 4
shieLazz79

Post by shieLazz79 »

When was this! I am in now! :pop:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Qantaga wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Q, care to clear up your position with a vote?

The more I look at the game, the more I keep coming back to Remus (n-1 on stess, notwithstanding).

However, I just can't get past Rev's response to my stess vote and his post at the start of Day 2.

Rev 

i am leaning more heavily to remus than rev right now...and i'd be more interested in testing him over rev. just fyi.
Bayraktar!!!!

purge

Post by purge »

Interesting....
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Rev 

Fine, I said I could vote for Rev today, so I will put my money where my mouth is.

N-1

Let's see what happens next.
theohall

Post by theohall »

7. Qantaga - RevHempus71
9. bb2112 - purge, Newcastle, RevHempus71

RevHempus71 (3): purge, Qantaga, bb2112 N-1

Majority is 4
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Have a few seconds.
Have fun without me, after I hang the game will go on. Remember who did this and please catch the wolf. Hope you don't kill me before I get home.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:I've stated time and again who my top 3 suspects are. Maybe I'm hyper focused on NC, but I still think our wolf is in that list of three. I think Purge has made some good arguments and Rev is probably my 2nd choice based on them. Since we now only have two shots at this, I could vote for either NC or Rev.

Remus seems pretty sure of his vote. At least for today.

Q, the other player on fairly solid ground, is not voting.

Q, care to clear up your position with a vote?
So bb2112 states that he is hyper focused on Newcastle as well as I but Newcastle focuses his accusations on me. Why, because I am simply more vocal than bb2112.

I will say this, I am not letting this go to night without a lynch so if comes down to it I will vote Rev. The trouble I have with that is there is no way Newcastle or I die in the night because the Wolf has to feel we will be right back at each other come day break. I understand purge's thoughts but I would rather we lynch Newcastle as it wins us the game or at worst makes tomorrow a more open day.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

I will say this. I Have but 2 choices to make stay on Purge or Move to NewCastle/Remus.

Purge i feel has tried really hard to frame me up. I admit I may have provided him with ammo, but I never thought he had it in him.

As for NC/Remus I could vote there only to quash that bit of tit for tat. However now Purge and I may be an equal distraction.

withdraw Purge 

NewCastle 

Now which vote does mister wolfie go to.......?
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

It is SOOO tempting to Scoop myself...... ( Scoop can ya hear me across the great ether...... :mrgreen: )
theohall

Post by theohall »

5. RevHempus71 - Qantaga, Newcastle, purge, Newcastle
7. Qantaga - RevHempus71
9. bb2112 - purge, Newcastle, RevHempus71

Newcastle (2): Remus West, RevHempus71
RevHempus71 (3): purge, Qantaga, bb2112 N-1

Majority is 4
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

NewCastle 

This is the vote that I would prefer, and one that I wish would have happened yesterday so it isn't such a distraction today.

I'm leaving my vote here and I'm not changing. If it isn't NC, then we will just have to deal with the aftermath tomorrow.

So once again, NC is at N-1...
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

newcastle 

tired of no one listening to what i have to say or at least listening w/ an open mind.
Bayraktar!!!!