Prague - (Game Thread) GAME ON!!!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Grundbegriff

Re: Prague - (Game Thread) GAME ON!!!

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:My team worked fairly well together, and Stess is a genius. He did the lion's share of the work on getting our solution. Kudos to him.
I can't believe he brute forced a couple dozen permutations. Madness, I say.
Grund, great game. I know it was a ton of work, and you did an awesome job!
Thanks!
I would like to see a way where everyone can scan. Maybe rotate the handler scan ability. Then also limit the number of days the mole can stay in a forum. I also have qualms about the torture/death mechanic.
Good points to reconsider.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Qantaga wrote: I honestly don't know. I could have all 18, but maybe only 17.

I only needed 17 to solve it, too.
Not really. You had 17 via the normal mechanisms, but Scoop told you the 18th in the forum, and you chose to trust it on the basis of your guess that he wouldn't have lied about his first clue during the revelation cycle. That guess turned out to be correct, so you were actually working with all 18.

Ah, I see. However, I didn't need that clue (I even purposely ignored it in arriving at my solution) because:
Grundbegriff wrote: It's possible that telling how many are right is too potent, since it amounts to an extra clue.

I knew from my previous submission that I could safely discard Scoop's first Black Bull clue (true or slightly false - different country perhaps).
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:For those reading the other forums, since we didn't share names until later on and Grund's spreadsheet is confusing the heck out of me with both games on the same tab (my fault, not his :) ):
?

Both games are not on the same tab in my spreadsheet. Only one game is on the main tab.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:I simply feel there needs to be some sort of tweak to make being a normal agent fun. The normal usually has the vote power but with this I felt there was a strong need to simply follow where the handler told me to go rather than move my vote around - particularly after the Unagi era ended for you.
I agree that giving people more to do and more to think about is vital for any future iteration of the game.
Maybe some sort of mechanic where agents must earn their access to the team forum? Not sure how that would work but it should include some sort of deduction based off possible actions. Then, the KIM agents wouold start in contact but be attempting to infiltrate the forums at the same time as the agents?
Interesting ideas.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:For this game though, I believe the "no death" mechanic was to avoid one team eliminating themselves. I think that if KIM suffered death due to torture then there may be an incentive to hunt for them AND an incentive for them to leave their "teams". KIM having the exact same consequences for being tortured as they did for leaving on their own really reduced any desire I had to find our KIM agent in that manner.
One possible solution would be to have an external vote for interrogation, but also an intra-team vote as the mole hunt. Perhaps with the intra-team hit replacing the external target under some conditions.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:AND I STILL GOT 17/18 clues when everone else did. (I had 15 without Scoop!)
Actually, you had 8 clues at the end of turn nine, and you had 10 clues at the end of turn ten. Then you gained 7 more when Scoop brought you his batch of 7.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:Except that Unagi never guessed, only had 17 clues, and got only 1 unique solution. Seems like Q's last clue was superfluous.
The fact that Unagi found 1 solution doesn't mean that Unagi's 17 clues only entailed one solution. But I'll step through his set of 17, and Q's set of 17, to confirm.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:So Scoop actually fed you guys his two real clues? Just seems at that point in the game, lying to you guys would have been fine.
Actually, he fed them a truth and a lie. But Qantaga then scanned him and uncovered the truth behind the lie.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

El Guapo wrote:So he gave us true clues, but got clues back in return.
Nope. His second revealed clue was a lie.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Qantaga wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote: It's possible that telling how many are right is too potent, since it amounts to an extra clue.

I knew from my previous submission that I could safely discard Scoop's first Black Bull clue (true or slightly false - different country perhaps).
Are you saying that knowing how many you had right made a difference, then? Or are you saying that some clues were superfluous even apart from other factors?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Grundbegriff wrote:Are you saying that knowing how many you had right made a difference, then? Or are you saying that some clues were superfluous even apart from other factors?

No, knowing how many I had right did not make a difference.

I believe that I learned (as you mentioned earlier) from my Remus/El Guapo grid that China wanted to derail the peace process (thus, why I had it in my first attempt), so therefore Scoop's true clue "Pakistan does not wish to derail the peace process" was not needed (even had it been false in regards to Pakistan) for me to solve the puzzle.

I wouldn't call Scoop's clue superfluous, but I did not need it based on other things I had guessed/intuited/eliminated along the way.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Huge thanks to stessier for the work he put into helping me refine the game during and after the false start. If you felt the game was balanced well, you probably have him to thank since he noticed a number of possible imbalances and exploits.

Thanks to everyone who played and stuck it out to the end, even though the game was experimental and not guaranteed to offer the usual Werewolfy fun!
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Grundbegriff wrote: Huge thanks to stessier for the work he put into helping me refine the game during and after the false start. If you felt the game was balanced well, you probably have him to thank since he noticed a number of possible imbalances and exploits.

Huge kudos to Grund!!! (Creator)

Woot! Way to go stess!!! (Refiner)

An excellent game!
Grundbegriff wrote: Thanks to everyone who played and stuck it out to the end, even though the game was experimental and not guaranteed to offer the usual Werewolfy fun!

While I agree that there are (slight) tweaks that would improve the game, I have to say that I loved every minute of it and I am enthralled by the format. I will be the first in line to play it in any, and every, future iteration.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

+1. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grundbegriff wrote:
stessier wrote:Except that Unagi never guessed, only had 17 clues, and got only 1 unique solution. Seems like Q's last clue was superfluous.
The fact that Unagi found 1 solution doesn't mean that Unagi's 17 clues only entailed one solution. But I'll step through his set of 17, and Q's set of 17, to confirm.
No, they most certainly did, I narrowed it all down to a set that had no options.
Frankly, it was the most awesome moment in the game for me, as things started to fold together, and then other facts came back in to add more value and 'bang' it all snapped.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Unagi wrote:AND I STILL GOT 17/18 clues when everone else did. (I had 15 without Scoop!)
Actually, you had 8 clues at the end of turn nine, and you had 10 clues at the end of turn ten. Then you gained 7 more when Scoop brought you his batch of 7.

Huh?

On the day before Scoop came to the Drop Point (I think that's day 10) , I knew:

Newcastle(1): The nation that wishes to derail the peace process has exactly 15 assets.
Newcastle(2): The planning nation has more assets than the United States.
Lassr(1): The threatening nation has more assets than India.
Lassr(2): India does not wish to apply economic pressure.
bb2112(1): The nation that wishes to incite a civil war does not have exactly 13 assets
bb2112(2): I get this on the last night (#17)
stessier(1): The threatening nation does not wish to apply economic pressure.
stessier(2): The nation that is building a coalition does not wish to derail the peace process.
Unagi(1): The nation that wishes to apply economic pressure has exactly 1 more asset than the covertly operating nation has.
Unagi(2): Russia does not wish to enforce the no-fly zone.

Remus West(1): The planning nation has more assets than the United States.
Remus West(2): We Interrogated this out of Remus
El Guapo(1): Russia does not wish to derail the peace process.
El Guapo(2): Scoop filled in (#15)
Qantaga(1): The nation that wishes to apply economic pressure has exactly 1 more asset than the covertly operating nation has.
Qantaga(2): Never filled in (#18)
Chaosraven(1): The nation that is building a coalition does not wish to apply economic pressure.
Chaosraven(2): Scoop filled in (#16)
Scoop(1): The threatening nation does not wish to incite a civil war.
Scoop(2): Pakistan does not wish to derail the peace process.

How is that 10?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
No, they most certainly did, I narrowed it all down to a set that had no options.
Again, the fact that you "narrowed it all down to a set that had no options" does not mean that it is possible to deduce the correct answer from 17 clues; it merely means that it's possible to happen upon the correct answer from 17 clues.

To put it differently, if you draw all valid inferences from your 17 clues, there are still multiple scenarios that can satisfy the grid, and there's no way to decide among them other than to guess.

Same for Qantaga. You reached the right solution with 17 clues; that doesn't mean that you reached it through valid logical inferences from 17 clues. :)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Huh?
Sorry. I was answering a different question: "What did you gain that your team didn't already have?" In other words, my numbers exclude premises you picked up that Scoop had already harvested.

So yes, you were nearly there, and Scoop's optimal play would've been to join you and hammer out the puzzle about halfway through the game.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Again, the fact that you "narrowed it all down to a set that had no options" does not mean that it is possible to deduce the correct answer from 17 clues; it merely means that it's possible to happen upon the correct answer from 17 clues.

To put it differently, if you draw all valid inferences from your 17 clues, there are still multiple scenarios that can satisfy the grid, and there's no way to decide among them other than to guess.

Same for Qantaga. You reached the right solution with 17 clues; that doesn't mean that you reached it through valid logical inferences from 17 clues. :)
For example:

Unagi, you were missing the clue "The threatening nation does not have exactly 13 assets" that Qantaga held.

Without that clue, the remaining 17 premises are consistent with the correct solution (of course). However, they're also consistent with:

China - 15 - steps - derail
India - 11 - covert - boots
United States - 13 - threatening - enforce
Pakistan - 14 - building - incite
Russia - 12 - planning - apply

and also with

Pakistan - 12 - planning - apply
Russia - 14 - building - incite
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Qantaga wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Are you saying that knowing how many you had right made a difference, then? Or are you saying that some clues were superfluous even apart from other factors?
In that case you enjoyed a lucky guess. :)
I believe that I learned (as you mentioned earlier) from my Remus/El Guapo grid that China wanted to derail the peace process (thus, why I had it in my first attempt), so therefore Scoop's true clue "Pakistan does not wish to derail the peace process" was not needed (even had it been false in regards to Pakistan) for me to solve the puzzle.

I wouldn't call Scoop's clue superfluous, but I did not need it based on other things I had guessed/intuited/eliminated along the way.
If we exclude Scoop's clue "Pakistan does not wish to derail the peace process" from the list, then the correct solution is consistent with the remaining 17.

However, the following are also consistent with the remaining seventeen:

China - 14 - threatening - boots
India - 11 - covert - incite
US - 13 - building - enforce
Pakistan - 15 - steps - derail

and

India - 13 - building - enforce
US - 11 - covert - incite

Note, in particular, that in both of these alternate worlds, Pakistan does wish to derail the peace process.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:

For example:

Unagi, you were missing the clue "The threatening nation does not have exactly 13 assets" that Qantaga held.

Without that clue, the remaining 17 premises are consistent with the correct solution (of course). However, they're also consistent with:

and also with

Neither of those solutions are valid since the Planning nation has to have more assets than the US.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Qantaga wrote:
In that case you enjoyed a lucky guess. :)

If we exclude Scoop's clue "Pakistan does not wish to derail the peace process" from the list, then the correct solution is consistent with the remaining 17.

However, the following are also consistent with the remaining seventeen:

India - 11 - covert - incite
US - 13 - building - enforce

and

India - 13 - building - enforce
US - 11 - covert - incite

Note, in particular, that in both of these alternate worlds, Pakistan does wish to derail the peace process.
The first option here is also not valid for the same reason. I'd have to look closer to see about the second one.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:Neither of those solutions are valid since the Planning nation has to have more assets than the US.
Yep. Looks as if my puzzle design does allow for a solution in 17.

OK, Qantaga and Unagi. I retract! :D
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:

For example:

and also with

Neither of those solutions are valid since the Planning nation has to have more assets than the US.
Yes, I was just going to say that. (or something to that effect)

There were ways (nothing fancy) that one could triangulate that I could walk through from where I was at just before the Scoop took me from 14 to 17 clues and how they came to a truly, logically sound (and hence, the only) solution.

If you insist that can't be true, I could walk through how I got to my solution with the 17.

That all being said, I think you did a GREAT job with that part of this game - perfect really - that one needed 17 of 18 was fine. I think it may be pointlessly hard to come up with 18 clues that are all needed, at some point I sat there and wondered how you could possibly have done that, so perfectly.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grundbegriff wrote:
stessier wrote:Neither of those solutions are valid since the Planning nation has to have more assets than the US.
Yep. Looks as if my puzzle design does allow for a solution in 17.

OK, Qantaga and Unagi. I retract! :D
:D :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I would love to play a game again with a "more fun way" of getting at and collecting clues exactly like that to build a solution, etc.

If anyones is curious... :roll: :D
it's actually fun to see what state of known facts you are in when all you don't have are the two missing bb2112 and qantaga clues (you are still pretty shy of the solution)... then give yourself the bb2112 clue and see how everything just tumbles into clarity. It was seriously fun. 1 new fact that let a lot of pending logic fly.

I imagine that was actually how it worked out for others too?
Last edited by Unagi on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I think the misapprehension that all 17 plus trials couldn't get you there arose in part from the fact that the puzzle evolved some as I was initially testing it, and I didn't put the final version through the same ropes.

This much is true, I think:

With 17 clues, you have to go through an indirect process of trying out possible scenarios (such as those shown) and watching them reach contradiction.
With all 18 clues, you can solve the puzzle directly just by filling out the grid.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

With my { this | that } spreadsheet, you can do it with 17. :P

(and occasionally going back to old clues that you know you couldn't put through enough conditions to make useful..)

actually, I guess that's what you mean by " go through an indirect process of trying out possible scenarios (such as those shown) and watching them reach contradiction"
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to the part I played in the game. First off, I want to apologize to Unagi for not joining him sooner.

Here was my thought process in this game. Early on I had no idea how to proceed. This first thing I wanted to do was collect all the clues I could while dropping my clues as lies in a way that wouldn't reveal me but still put them off then solution.

Then I get really sick for a week and just wanted to cough until I die.

By the time I got back I had collected enough clues where I thought I could start trying to find the solution. At that point Unagi had been revealed so I assumed that they were sharing their clues. In my mind I needed to try and prevent my team from sharing their clues and scan as many of my team for their clues.

I'm sorry that I didn't realize that we would have been better off if I had jetted for the bridge. When they finally did decide to share their clues I just under-estimated how many of the clues they had.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Thanks for that feedback, Scoop. This was a learning experience for everyone. Glad you're feeling better.
Grundbegriff

SCAN RESULT NOTIFICATIONS

Post by Grundbegriff »

I no longer have the 1st scan result notification I sent out.

Here's the remainder, beginning with the second. This includes a different notification for the BLOCKED scan.
Second wrote:On your way out of the restaurant, you hear a strange sound. Orangutans? Bonobos? No-- there in the shadow near the gate: It's TARGET!

Hiding nearby in the shelter of a recessed doorway, you clearly hear him report into his sleeve:

CLUE

Suddenly, a resident opens the door and you fall backward into the flat. By the time you rise and peer outside, your target has moved on.
Third wrote:Such a lovely morning! Nothing lifts your spirits like a nice walk in the wee hours as darkness gives way to the first light of day.

Here the breeze unsettles a leaf from some tree. There a bird begins to twitter.

How strange! Another early riser sitting on a bench at the edge of the park!

Sneaking up behind him, you peer over his shoulder. He's using a pencil to write a message on a slip of paper-- the sort one might find coiled around the leg of a homing pigeon in some dated film.

CLUE

Stepping back, you suddenly find yourself falling into the sewer through a loose grating. By the time you find a way out of the acrid tunnels, the sun is high in the morning sky. The park is full. And the bench is empty.
Fourth wrote:The night seemed to go on forever. And a bit more. As you were making your way back to the hotel for a couple of hours of sleep, you happened upon your prey and heard him mumble to himself:

CLUE

Then a car passed between you and when it had passed, he was gone.
Fifth wrote:You're making your way through the city to your favorite sidewalk cafe. As you approach, a customer rises from a table and hastens away. But you notice that something has fallen from his pocket-- a piece of paper folded in quarters. Your first thought it to chase after him and return it, but he's already lost in the crowd. You unfold the paper and read its contents:

CLUE
Sixth wrote:You trail him... for a week. It seems as if surveillance will never end. Finally, he jots something on a pad of paper, and you discern his message from the motion of his pencil:

CLUE
Seventh wrote:You're walking down the avenue when a young woman approaches.

"Did you drop this?" she asks, handing you an envelope.

"Er... yes!" you reply since, hey, free envelope!

As she walks away, you examine the contents and find a note carefully typed, not printed, on your target's letterhead:

CLUE
Eighth wrote:As you stare at him from across the cafe, you grow impatient. Why is he fiddling with his soup instead of eating it? What's taking so long?

He rises to make his way to the counter, and you hear him ask for the manager. While he's distracted, you make your move. Sidling up to his table as you head casually toward the door, you glance down at his bowl. It's alphabet soup, and floating atop the shallow pool of fluid are some letters arranged into words:

CLUE
Ninth - SUCCESSFUL wrote:You see him, and you're pretty sure he hasn't seen you. Perfect.

He's seated on a park bench, and he's feeding the pigeons. Although walkers are walking and children are playing, nobody but you pays attention to him as he pulls a cloth sack from his overcoat pocket, carefully removes a homing pigeon, and rolls a narrow strip of paper around its leg.

All at once, he rises from the bench and scatters the crowd of birds with his rapid gait. Under cover of their boisterous flapping, he releases his bird, throwing it high in the air. Then he walks away into the heart of the park.

You follow his pigeon with your gaze as it rides the wind, as it soars high over the street, and as it flies right into a window. The stunned bird drops like a rock.

Rushing to its side, you remove the misfortune cookie from its leg, confirm that it's unharmed, and send it on its way. Then you unroll the little scroll and read its contents.

CLUE
Ninth - BLOCKED wrote:You see him, and you're pretty sure he hasn't seen you. Perfect.

He's seated on a park bench, and he's feeding the pigeons. Although walkers are walking and children are playing, nobody but you pays attention to him as he pulls a cloth sack from his overcoat pocket, carefully removes a homing pigeon, and rolls a narrow strip of paper around its leg.

All at once, he rises from the bench and scatters the crowd of birds with his rapid gait. Under cover of their boisterous flapping, he releases his bird, throwing it high in the air. Then he walks away into the heart of the park.

You follow his pigeon with your gaze as it rides the wind, as it soars high over the street, and as it flies right into a window. The stunned bird drops like a rock.

Rushing to its side, you remove the misfortune cookie from its leg, confirm that it's unharmed, and send it on its way. Then you unroll the little scroll and read its contents.

Just then, a woman in a red dress kneels down and pokes an unlit cigarette toward your face.

"Got a light?"

"Sorry. I don't smoke."

"Buy me a drink?"

"Sorry. I don't drink."

"What are you doing to that bird?"

Looking down, you see that the bird has passed away. Also, the secret message it once carried is now gone. When you look up, there's no sign of the woman in red.

You've been thwarted!
Tenth wrote:You sidle up to him at a bus stop and pick his pocket. He gets on the bus, but you walk away. Once the bus departs, you inspect the slip of paper you managed to snag. It's a note-to-self:

CLUE
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:First off, I want to apologize to Unagi for not joining him sooner.
Under the context of the game, I accept your apology. :D We could have creamed these turkeys. :wink:

Outside of the game, I seriously hope you know that I'm not upset with you at all. It's just a game. That we lost. Because of you. :twisted: :D :wink:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Also, bb2112 - You, my friend, are a pigeon killer.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:Also, bb2112 - You, my friend, are a pigeon killer.
I was so distracted when you walked up to me in drag that I didn't know what I was doing. :doh: :wink:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:Also, bb2112 - You, my friend, are a kitten killer.
mortoned
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:
Unagi wrote:Also, bb2112 - You, my friend, are a pigeon killer.
I was so distracted when you walked up to me in drag that I didn't know what I was doing. :doh: :wink:
Honestly, when I put that red dress on.... You're not to be blamed. :D
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:First off, I want to apologize to Unagi for not joining him sooner.
Under the context of the game, I accept your apology. :D We could have creamed these turkeys. :wink:

Outside of the game, I seriously hope you know that I'm not upset with you at all. It's just a game. That we lost. Because of you. :twisted: :D :wink:
While true, I think this brings up an interesting point. BG played about as well as could be expected (only what, 2 duplicate scans plus one night block) and we would have been crushed had Scoop joined even 2 days earlier (rather than optimally the same time Unagi left).

Does KIM need a nerf?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Possibilities:

KIM may not scan when moving to the Drop Point.
KIM may not block when moving to the Drop Point.
When one KIM moves to the Drop Point, it disables both of them (forcing them to coordinate in the open or accept the risk).
Once per KIM, the Majority may vote to detain (rather than interrogate or torture) a KIM agent, blocking that agent's night activities.
A KIM who moves to the Drop Point loses the ability to scan until his partner joins him.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I've had a very busy family weekend, so I haven't had any time to think through any personal suggestions.

What I do know, though, is that I stiil catch myself at odd moments thinking about Prague, then having to think, "Wait, that's over, isn't it?"

You might say I was (am) a bit obsessed.

When's the next iteration? Can I sign up yet? ;)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

First we need to fix it so that
(a) non-handlers have a good share of the fun
(b) everyone gets to take a crack at the (incomplete) set of clues sooner
(c) balance is better among teams
(d) there's more to do in the main forum
(e) deadlock doesn't loom depressingly
(f) progress is palpable