BSG Episode VIII -Starting Wednesday. Sign up CLOSED!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

BSG Episode VIII -Starting Wednesday. Sign up CLOSED!

Post by Lassr »

Plan on starting this game Wednesday.

1.El Guapo
2.Remus West
3.theohall
4.Qantaga
5.bb2112
6.Grundbegriff
7.Newcastle
8.Purge
9. Revhempus71
10. RMC
11. Austin
12. Chaosraven
13. tru1cy
14. Unagi
15. Scoop
16 stessier
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 16 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: BSG Episode VIII -Coming Soon to PC near you.

Post by Lassr »

Romo Lampkin - Each night he can submit 5 players for scanning. His scan will reveal if there is at least 1 cylon in the group. The number of Cylons in his grouping will not be given. He may do this each night with any set of 5 players (rescanning of a particular player each night is allowed). Once the living player pool reaches 5 players remaining in the game or at a time he chooses before then, he may request the final number of Cylons in his pool of 5 (day or night). At that time the number of Cylons in the pool he submits will be given. He may not scan anymore after that point. (Number of players scanned at a time will be reduced for games with fewer players)

Saul Tigh (good Cylon) replaces Athena. Each day he may investigate a live player and learn their exact role. As soon as scan is submitted an answer will be given as soon as the moderator gets the PM.

Admiral Cain –may kill one player during the day, after a secretive event happens known only to her. Her identity is revealed. . Cannot reveal, talk about or answer questions about her secret event or it is like therapy and she loses the ability.

Starbuck – She can protect one person per night. If she protects a bad cylon (not Athena), She’s dead and that will override any kill selection of the Cylons. She can protect the same player more than once but NOT on consecutive nights. She may choose to protect herself or no one.

Doc Cottle –Doc may send one PM and get one reply from either the most recent night or day kill. May PM with the night kill at any time before the next death occurs. After any death during the day (including lynch victim) Doc may request the PM immediately and get an immediate reply; no waiting period. May be used on any kill no matter the method of death but it has to be the most recent kill. One usage per day cycle.

Brother Cavil – He can ask the role of a dead human each night (same powers as Apollo).

Ellen - she sleeps with a player of her choice each night. That player, if he has a special role, cannot perform any special functions that night. Cannot sleep with the same player more than once. Ellen can be denied her nightly adventure by a Starbuck protection of that person.

Twice during the game she may search the players room she is sleeping with to determine if they have a special role, but not what role they play. Results of scan would be special or not special. She may slip her victim a drug so that they do not remember what happened (but if a special is blocked they will know something happened). She only has 3 doses to use.

Boomer

If she is involved in the lynch of Tigh and/or Cain then she gets two free scans that night; One scan of a dead player and one scan of a living player. She will learn their role. She will receive 1 free scan of any living or dead player if the Cylons kill Tigh during the night.
Last edited by Lassr on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm assuming that this is a BSG-themed werewolf game, as opposed to a play-by-forum of the board game (like Turtle runs), right?

Either way I'm interested.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

In
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
theohall

Post by theohall »

In
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

In
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Woohoo! Thanks Lassr.

Oh, and IN.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:I'm assuming that this is a BSG-themed werewolf game, as opposed to a play-by-forum of the board game (like Turtle runs), right?

Either way I'm interested.
yes

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

There will be only 2 sides in this game.

I've played around with the Cain role for a while and have 2 possible roles for her.

Admiral Cain –If she is involved in the lynching of Six then she will get one free scan that night. If she is involved with the lynch of Baltar his identity will be revealed upon lynch.

OR
may kill one player during the day, once she kills the first she must kill one each day. Lynch will not happen until she pulls the trigger. Her identity is revealed.

I finds the 2nd rule fascinating. Do the humans allow her to continue her killing spree knowing she could be doing more harm than good? Do the Cylons want her to continue as she could nail one of them?

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:may kill one player during the day, once she kills the first she must kill one each day. Lynch will not happen until she pulls the trigger. Her identity is revealed.

I finds the 2nd rule fascinating. Do the humans allow her to continue her killing spree knowing she could be doing more harm than good? Do the Cylons want her to continue as she could nail one of them?
On first blush, I love that. (I haven't figured out if it could actually tip the balances of things)

I actually considered a role like that once - but it was more a shooter that basically had no choice but to shoot on some specific (early) day.... not quite the killing spree you have planned.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

IN

re: -killing spree chick , as long as their is a balancing force somehow.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote: Lynch will not happen until she pulls the trigger.
I think you'll need some interesting time limits on this. She could wait days to shoot - how long after that to get a lynch?

Just thinking out loud - If there are 9 players, 7 Good and 2 Wolves with 1 Seer and Cain in the Good pool.

Day 1 Miss - Night kill => 5 Good, 2 Wolves
Day 2 -
  • Seer comes out creating 2 Good known leaving 3 Good (including Cain), 2 wolves.
  • Cain shoots (miss!)
  • That leaves 2 Unknown Good and 2 wolves going into the lynch.
  • Another miss lynch and that is 1 Unknown Good and 2 wolves into the night with Cain, Seer, and Seer Scan as knowns.
You'll need to make sure there are a lot of players to include that role (which is probably your intention).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote: OR
may kill one player during the day, once she kills the first she must kill one each day. Lynch will not happen until she pulls the trigger. Her identity is revealed.

Wow, could be interesting. At some point one side or the other will have to put her down like a rabid dog. But who? I kind of dig it.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote: Lynch will not happen until she pulls the trigger.
I think you'll need some interesting time limits on this. She could wait days to shoot - how long after that to get a lynch?

Just thinking out loud - If there are 9 players, 7 Good and 2 Wolves with 1 Seer and Cain in the Good pool.

Day 1 Miss - Night kill => 5 Good, 2 Wolves
Day 2 -
  • Seer comes out creating 2 Good known leaving 3 Good (including Cain), 2 wolves.
  • Cain shoots (miss!)
  • That leaves 2 Unknown Good and 2 wolves going into the lynch.
  • Another miss lynch and that is 1 Unknown Good and 2 wolves into the night with Cain, Seer, and Seer Scan as knowns.
You'll need to make sure there are a lot of players to include that role (which is probably your intention).
there would still be the day time limit I've always included in my BSG games. So once she pulls the trigger for the first time then the option each day is 2 deaths (Cain & lynch) or no deaths, Cain never lets anyone lynch by holding them hostage (so to speak).

If there are 9 players then it will be a much simpler game format. Cain will not be included.

I've tried to think of a counter like adding in Helo where he could shoot her before she can continue her killing spree or another special character that could only shoot her and no one else.

One option I had in mind at one time was have Adama disarm her if he wishes. She would then be handcuffed and could continue posting her input but would not be allowed to vote.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Another option: some single player has the power to stop her, but only if she first tries to shoot him. He's immune and her shot at him kills her instead.

If he simply announces he's the one, she'll avoid him. So he has to contrive to get shot by her without tipping his hand.

He's in PM with one other person who can help him manipulate the circumstance, since it might be hard to get shot.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

this will also dramatically speed up the game keep in mind...depending of course on the numbers.
Bayraktar!!!!

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Newcastle wrote:this will also dramatically speed up the game keep in mind...depending of course on the numbers.
One possible offset could be a nearby Resurrection Ship that introduces new Cylon characters.

(a) It could work at a slower pace than Cain, so that her destructive rampage is mitigated but not meaningless.
(b) Ressurectees could be drawn from players who have died. They'd rise in a different role.
(c) They might be sympathetic or they might be adversarial. That's a new problem to deal with.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:this will also dramatically speed up the game keep in mind...depending of course on the numbers.
yep and this has been my biggest concern. The more I think about it the more it needs tweaked.
Last edited by Lassr on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:
One possible offset could be a nearby Resurrection Ship that introduces new Cylon characters.

(a) It could work at a slower pace than Cain, so that her destructive rampage is mitigated but not meaningless.
(b) Ressurectees could be drawn from players who have died. They'd rise in a different role.
(c) They might be sympathetic or they might be adversarial. That's a new problem to deal with.
hmmm, that is interesting. Someting to think about for future games though.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

what I may go with in this game is:
Admiral Cain –If she is involved in the lynching of a cylon then she will get one free scan that night. If she is involved with the lynch of Baltar his identity will be revealed upon lynch.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

ok, which scanning role(s) would you prefer (see 2nd post).

edit: I canned Lampkin for now. I think he needs tweaking.
Last edited by Lassr on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:what I may go with in this game is:
Admiral Cain –If she is involved in the lynching of a cylon then she will get one free scan that night. If she is involved with the lynch of Baltar his identity will be revealed upon lynch.
+1
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:Another option: some single player has the power to stop her, but only if she first tries to shoot him. He's immune and her shot at him kills her instead.

If he simply announces he's the one, she'll avoid him. So he has to contrive to get shot by her without tipping his hand.

He's in PM with one other person who can help him manipulate the circumstance, since it might be hard to get shot.
Problem with that would be giving two Human roles that can then "prove" each other.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:Problem with that would be giving two Human roles that can then "prove" each other.
Whether the Immune is Human or Cylon could be a randomly decided secret.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:Problem with that would be giving two Human roles that can then "prove" each other.
and if you then have someone they are in contact with to help get them shot? You'd have to commit two special roles simply to counter the special of Cain. Unless there is a silly large group of players that is certainly going to bite into the number of specials if you want to keep the special/normal ratio near normal.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
and if you then have someone they are in contact with to help get them shot? You'd have to commit two special roles simply to counter the special of Cain. Unless there is a silly large group of players that is certainly going to bite into the number of specials if you want to keep the special/normal ratio near normal.
Yep
purge

Post by purge »

Do I already need to be looking for Grunds' clues?

Cuz I'm Image
stessier

Post by stessier »

What about Cain staying true to herself - if she's not in on a lynch vote, she has to shoot someone before the lynch is revealed and it can not be the Lynchee. She really didn't like it when others didn't do as she asked so her options are all those people who weren't on the same vote as she was. The shot reveals who she is.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:What about Cain staying true to herself - if she's not in on a lynch vote, she has to shoot someone before the lynch is revealed and it can not be the Lynchee. She really didn't like it when others didn't do as she asked so her options are all those people who weren't on the same vote as she was. The shot reveals who she is.
another great suggestion. Cylons must have it right, the Hive mind is better than the one mind.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

ok, I think I got her role for this game.

Cain-may kill one player during the day, after a secretive event happens known only to her. Her identity is revealed.

So when a particular event happens in the game she will have the choice to shoot someone during that day or the next day if the even happens at night.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:Cain-may kill one player during the day, after a secretive event happens known only to her. Her identity is revealed.

So when a particular event happens in the game she will have the choice to shoot someone during that day or the next day if the even happens at night.
What, like menopause or something?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote:
Lassr wrote:Cain-may kill one player during the day, after a secretive event happens known only to her. Her identity is revealed.

:lol:
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:

yep. She's unstable already so when that hits...watch out!

Black Lives Matter
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

count me in
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
RMC

Post by RMC »

If there is room, I'll be IN. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote:If there is room, I'll be IN. :)
there is always room in my BSG game!

Black Lives Matter
Austin

Post by Austin »

:coffee: In
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Austin wrote::coffee: In
woohoo! :D

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

austIN 

"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis