BSG VIII -Assassination. Another minor human victory.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

BSG VIII -Assassination. Another minor human victory.

Post by Lassr »

Saul Tigh

(good Cylon) replaces Athena. Each day he may investigate a live player and learn their exact role. As soon as scan is submitted an answer will be given as soon as the moderator gets the PM.

Admiral Cain

-Cain has hidden agendas triggered by game events.
–may kill one player during the day, after a secretive event happens known only to her. Her identity is revealed. . Cannot reveal, talk about or answer questions about her secret event or it is like therapy and she loses the ability.

Starbuck

– She can protect one person per night. If she protects a bad Cylon (not Tigh), She’s dead and that will override any kill selection of the Cylons. She can protect the same player more than once but NOT on consecutive nights. She may choose to protect herself or no one.

Doc Cottle

–Doc may send one PM and get one reply from either the most recent night or day kill. May PM with the night kill at any time before the next death occurs. After any death during the day (including lynch victim) Doc may request the PM immediately and get an immediate reply; no waiting period. May be used on any kill no matter the method of death but it has to be the most recent kill. One usage per day cycle. PM is sent through the moderator.

Enlarge Image
Citizens – Citizens have no power other than voting.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brother Cavil

– He can ask the role of a dead human each night.

Ellen

- she sleeps with a player of her choice each night. That player, if he has a special role, cannot perform any special functions that night. Cannot sleep with the same player more than once. Ellen can be denied her nightly adventure by a Starbuck protection of that person.

Twice during the game she may search the players room she is sleeping with to determine if they have a special role, but not what role they play. Results of scan would be special or not special.

She may slip her victim a drug so that they do not remember what happened (but if a special is blocked they will know something happened). She only has 3 doses to use.

Boomer

If she is involved in the lynch of Tigh and/or Cain then she gets two free scans that night; One scan of a dead player and one scan of a living player. Boomer will only be told she has the scans available and not which role was lynched.

She will receive 1 free scan of any living or dead player if the Cylons knowingly kill Tigh during the night. Scan may be used immediately. Knowingly means that if Boomer had scanned Tigh using the Cain lynch scans, or if someone claims the Tigh role publicly in the forums. Or if they suspect someone of being Tigh they announce during their kill order that they believe the target is Tigh. They get only one shot using this method.

There could be secret surprise events in the game. (a secret event is the ability of the Cylons to activate a hidden Cylon that has the role of citizen.)
Last edited by Lassr on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:23 am, edited 22 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: BSG VIII -Assassination. Rules up-game NOT started.

Post by Lassr »

Night Sequence
Starbuck-Who will you protect?
Doc-Will you PM the last victim?
Cavil-Who Will you scan?
Cylons-Who will you kill?
Ellen-Who will you sleep with? Will you use drug?
Boomer-Who will you scan if available?
Cain-Will you perform your hidden agenda if possible?

Day
Tigh-Who will you scan?
Doc-Will you PM last victim?

Hours in the game day:
Day 1 -18 hours
Day 2 -18 hours
Day 3 -15 hours
Day 4+ -12 Hours

What does this mean?
Each Real day time (24 hours give or take an hour or 2) is 3 hours of game time

Translation:
Day 1 = 6 RL Days
Day 2 = 6 RL Days
Day 3 = 5 RL Days
Day 4 and on = 4 RL Days.

Weekends will be an extension of Friday or added to Monday.

So Day 1 would last 6 days plus weekends. If no lynch happens then everyone goes to bed and the night cycle starts.

Victory
Humans win by killing all the Cylons (except Tigh).
Cylons win by killing enough humans to make the sides even. (Tigh counts toward humans).

META Play: Roles assigned will be copied from the rules below and PM’ed to each player. META discussions will not be used to help establish your innocence. (i.e. guys I will be gone on vacation for a week so lynch me as I’m unpowered and it will not hurt the village). Saying you are innocent and you may lynch me is OK as long as it’s not combined with some real life event outside the game.
How people have played in the past is fair game. Mentioning when they have been online is OK. (View it as the village noticing Bob is not joining them at the table to discuss the events but Larry saw him peeking out his window).
No quoting of PMs or posts from other forums. No links to other forums. Talking about what was discussed in PMs or other forums is OK.
Last edited by Lassr on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 El Guapo
2 Remus West
3 theohall
4 Qantaga
5 bb2112
6 Grundbegriff
7 Newcastle
8 Purge
9 Revhempus71
10 RMC
11 Austin
12 Chaosraven
13 tru1cy
14 Unagi
15 Scoop
16 stessier
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

FAQ
Please highlight any official question to me in color.
Lassr wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Lassr wrote:She may slip her victim a drug so that they do not remember what happened (but if a special is blocked they will know something happened). She only has 3 doses to use.
Can you clarify the purpose of this power? A concrete example of how its use would make a difference would be helpful.
If she does not use the drug then whomever she sleeps with will get a write up about their nights adventure with a stranger in the dark. Thus they will know Ellen is still alive and active.

If the players she sleeps with is a special and she does not use a drug the special will know that Ellen has visited and she may have scanned them to see if they are a special. If they are special and drugged they will not know unless their special power was blocked by her visiting (i.e. Starbucks protects player X but player X died anyhow). She will know her power was blocked by Ellen and she was drugged since she has no recollection of the event.
Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:I take it that the citizen doesn't know that he / she is a cylon either?
No
Lassr wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Lassr,
before the citizen-cylon activation...
Does Tigh's scan show if a citizen is really citizen-cylon?
Does Starbuck die if she protects the citizen-cylon?
Tigh's scan would show citizen-Cylon, but not which side he is currently playing on.
Starbuck would only die if the citizen Cylon has gone over to the dark side.
Lassr wrote:
Unagi wrote:follow-up:
and, do the bad cylons already know who their sleeper cylon is, or are they blind as well?

and then, I assume their scan would identify the citizen-cylon as well, if they are blind.
they are blind.

The Citizen Cylons activation is determined by an event and the Cylons do not know what that event is. Could be a scan could be something else.
Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Is the event guaranteed to happen? Or could it be that the citizen happily bops along and never finds out that they're a cylon?
No guarantee. Citizen could remain just a citizen although if he dies by lynch he will be Cylon but would win with the good side.
Lassr wrote:
Newcastle wrote: LASSR -

If ellen sleeps w/ you during the night, can you use your day power?
Ellen only blocks a night time power. Starbuck & possibly Cain will be the only ones she could block in this game.
Lassr wrote:
purge wrote: We have 3 cylons for sure, possibly 4 (Lassr: I don't recall the rules for notification - will the hidden cylon event be announced?).
The hidden Cylon activation is not announced.
Lassr wrote:
purge wrote: Lassr, if Cain kills someone, do we get to know alignment and cylon / human status?
you get Cylon or human only
Lassr wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Lassr, if Starbuck protected a cylon at night and was killed, would she know that she protected a cylon?
Yes.
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Reserved
Last edited by Lassr on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Re: BSG VIII -Assassination. Roles have been PMed.

Post by theohall »

Hello.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

waiting on RevHempus71
Last edited by Lassr on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

I see you theo! :P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/leaves out large cannabis tray
/puts out bong w/ no water
/takes keys to the water tanks
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

we can easily solve this:

step 1 - start the game on the day cycle

step 2 -  rev 

Bayraktar!!!!

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

No waiting anymore.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Newcastle wrote:/leaves out large cannabis tray
Ha ha I don't need water. A little research proved you lose some THC through the water. Thanks for the donation tho.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

RevHempus71 wrote:
Ha ha I don't need water. A little research proved you lose some THC through the water. Thanks for the donation tho.
yeah but its a cleaner hit, filters the smoke, enables deeper inhalations, and enables more smooth hits without the coughing.
Bayraktar!!!!

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Newcastle wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote:
yeah but its a cleaner hit, filters the smoke, enables deeper inhalations, and enables more smooth hits without the coughing.
Maybe true but you don't get off till you cough...... :mrgreen:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

15 months after Armageddon
Aboard Caprica One
1800 hours

The survivors were at a crossroad. The search for Earth had splintered into so many different directions that it became hard to determine the direction that should be taken. President Roslin’s visions have intensified, Adama’s research has provided clues, and now Starbuck was having dreams. Does the Galactica lead the survivors according to science or faith?
A committee was formed to make a decision, it wasn’t going to be easy but it had to be done.
Roslin steps to the podium, “Thank you for volunteering for this committee, and thanks to those that were forced to volunteer.” A bit of small laughter could be heard in the room.
“We are gathered here to discuss all our options in the direction we need to take in our search for Earth, or any habitable planet that we can settle. As most of you know Elosha and I have spent many months trying to interpret my visions and determine if I was guiding the human race through the hands of the Gods or if I was just crazy.” More laughter sounds out.
“In the mean time, Admiral Adama and his advisors have gathered clues through reading the history books, star charts and other scientific methods and have found hints about this planet called Earth. And we are in the early stages of analyzing Starbuck’s dreams. We do not know in what direction they may lead us now. So we have come together to open this up for everyone to have input. We need…”Roslin pauses to cough. “Sorry,” A few more coughs escape. “Let me get some water.”
Kinetickid jumps up quickly and reaches for the water pitcher. As he reaches his hand out he falls face first into the table and slides into the floor. Austin reaches down to help him up when he notices a small dart protruding from his neck. He was shot and poisoned! “There has been an assassination attempt!” Austin shouts. “Kinectickid is dead!”
Adama jumps up and grabs Roslin and quickly ushers her from the room. As he leaves the conference area he locks down that section of the ship. He must prevent the assassin from escaping.
They reach the presidential suite and Adama helps Roslin into a chair. He picks up the communication phone and connects with the conference room. Bb2112 answers. “This is Adama. We obviously have a Cylon assassin on board. It seems they deem this conference as important as we do but for different reasons. Fate, coincidence or intervention from the Gods is the only thing that saved the President from death. We must find that assassin. There should be a Baltar Cylon Detector stored in the supply locker. Tomorrow you need to root out the Cylon.”
“Yes sir.” Bb2112 hangs up the phone. “People, we need to get some assigned rooms, go there for the night and try to get some sleep. We have to hunt Cylons tomorrow.”

Night Sequence
Starbuck-Who will you protect?
Doc-Will you PM the last victim?
Cavil-Who Will you scan?
Cylons-Who will you kill?
Ellen-Who will you sleep with? Will you use drug?
Boomer-Who will you scan if available?
Last edited by Lassr on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

oṃ
bhūr bhuvaḥ svaḥ
tat savitur vareṇyaṃ
bhargo devasya dhīmahi
dhiyo yo naḥ prachodayāt
Austin

Re: BSG VIII -Assassination. Night 1 (Game Started)

Post by Austin »

ॐ भूर्भुवः॒ सुवः ।
तत्स॑वितुर्वरे॑ण्यम् ।
भ॒र्गो॑ दे॒वस्य॑ धीमहि। ।
धियो॒ यो नः॑ प्रचो॒दया॑त्॥ ।

?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Umm... Not sure what to say to either of those two posts... :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Every episode of BSG starts that way! :)
RMC

Post by RMC »

Grundbegriff wrote:Every episode of BSG starts that way! :)
Learn something new everyday...

Thanks.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Austin

Post by Austin »

Grundbegriff wrote:Every episode of BSG starts that way! :)
I never got through the mini-series. I googled a line to see what it was and copied and pasted from Wikipedia.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Huh - never knew the intro bit was a hindu mantra. How about that?
Black Lives Matter.
purge

Post by purge »

RevHempus71 wrote: Maybe true but you don't get off till you cough...... :mrgreen:
Remind me to never visit Rev's doctor... :shock:
purge

Post by purge »

It is a strange connection to a Greco/Roman faith. :)
purge

Post by purge »

Grundbegriff wrote:oṃ
bhūr bhuvaḥ svaḥ
tat savitur vareṇyaṃ
bhargo devasya dhīmahi
dhiyo yo naḥ prachodayāt
Lets not make everyone look it up themselves, shall we?

:D
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Here: have a listen to refresh your memories. Or memory banks.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

It's my ringtone.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

purge wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote: Maybe true but you don't get off till you cough...... :mrgreen:
Remind me to never visit Rev's doctor... :shock:
Turn your head to the right.........
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

purge wrote:It is a strange connection to a Greco/Roman faith. :)
Greek, Latin, and Sanskrit are sister languages-- the three main branches off the Indo-European trunk. So a Hindu mantra from the Rig Veda complements the Greco/Roman thing nicely.
purge

Post by purge »

Grundbegriff wrote:
purge wrote:It is a strange connection to a Greco/Roman faith. :)
Greek, Latin, and Sanskrit are sister languages-- the three main branches off the Indo-European trunk. So a Hindu mantra from the Rig Veda complements the Greco/Roman thing nicely.
But they speak English, who's source is primarily Germanic. :P
stessier

Post by stessier »

Long night...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier wrote:Long night...
WELL FIGURE OUT WHO YOU'RE GOING TO KILL, TOASTER.

sheesh.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
purge

Post by purge »

it's a ruse! Stess is a cylon!
Or, CR is a toaster and pointing it out.
Or OR I'm a cylon pointing it out to throw suspicion on the other two.

Wait, scratch that last one.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

purge wrote:it's a ruse! Stess is a cylon!
Or, CR is a toaster and pointing it out.
Or OR I'm a cylon pointing it out to throw suspicion on the other two.

Wait, scratch that last one.
Or maybe we now have all three... :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Just remember that the one rule of all games with a traitor mechanic is that I'm never the traitor. Never! I think the universe knows that I'm too nice of a guy.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Very busy today. I should have the game updated this afternoon so we can enter the day before the weekend.

Black Lives Matter
Austin

Post by Austin »

Lassr wrote:Very busy today. I should have the game updated this afternoon so we can enter the day before the weekend.
It's 9:30pm already!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Austin wrote:
Lassr wrote:Very busy today. I should have the game updated this afternoon so we can enter the day before the weekend.
It's 9:30pm already!
yeah, but you are all screwed up. Middle of Summer where you are also.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

El Guapo wrote:Just remember that the one rule of all games with a traitor mechanic is that I'm never the traitor. Never! I think the universe knows that I'm too nice of a guy.
Oh, really. :ugeek:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

theohall wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Just remember that the one rule of all games with a traitor mechanic is that I'm never the traitor. Never! I think the universe knows that I'm too nice of a guy.
Oh, really. :ugeek:
ugeek?
Black Lives Matter.