BSG VIII -Assassination. Another minor human victory.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: BSG VIII -Assassination. Day 4

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:
stessier wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
stessier wrote: Theo 

Nice that he was on my short list the Newcastle. :lol:

you have no idea how close you were to getting shot.
Actually, I think I do. I told you it was the wrong choice. :)
no, no you dont.
I'm just glad good sense prevailed. If you had shot Stess, and scanned Unagi, that would have been a disaster. However, your instincts were right on with Purge. I can't wait to hear what you had to go through to meet your conditions to get the shot.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:no, no you dont.
I gave my last will and testament. Only Dead Man Walking would do that. I thought I'd be dead when I logged in again.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Well, that means Scoop is the last cylon. However we ARE in a position that come tomorrow test me and we win, Test Scoop we win a day sooner.

So you all just need to pick when you want to win.

One last request though. Can I finally have some H2O for this bong. :mrgreen:
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

BB2112 had identified one Cylon already so after he announced he had found another there wasn't any debate about weather to trust him or not. The vote went very quickly...so fast Theohall didn't even know a vote had taken place. He took the last sip of Java when Revhempus walked up behind him. Theohall looks up, "Are we ready to get started?"
Revhempus jams the needle in his neck, "Uh yeah." Theohall slumps over onto the table knocking the java mug onto the floor. It shatters just as you hope this death will shatter the Cylon's plans. Stessier holds the BCD next to Theohall's head and it doesn't take long for the small beep of the Cylon microchip to be heard. Theohall was a Cylon.

Was it over? A celebratory mood filled the room for the rest of the day. They sure felt it had to be over. When evening arrived they turned in for the night. Most felt confident that they would all wake up the next morning.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:
Newcastle wrote:no, no you dont.
I gave my last will and testament. Only Dead Man Walking would do that. I thought I'd be dead when I logged in again.
And Stess, why were taunting the insane admiral? NC is unpredictable and this was not a good move. I also was trying to call you out earlier after I scanned you as human so you could try to deflect some of the bad mojo that was starting to come your way. You actually seemed disinterested in living. Almost like you had a death wish.

I knew Q was a cylon, but nobody was interested in going after him. NC was acting really flaky (later found out it was because he was trying to meet his Cain conditions), RMC was suspicious of me, Austin was pretty quiet except when he had a report, Purge and Theo I was pretty convinced were evil, I was feeling very screwed. I was looking to you and Unagi to try and help me and you were taunting the dude with the gun!

I almost came out to stop the madness, but then thought, what if NC was a cylon setting me up? Seemed unlikely, but the way the game was taking shape, it would have been a killer move. Especially the way he was dragging it out. I figured I couldn't take the chance until after NC took the shot and proved himself.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Night Sequence
Starbuck-Who will you protect?
Doc-Will you PM the last victim?
Cavil-Who Will you scan?
Cylons-Who will you kill?
Ellen-Who will you sleep with? Will you use drug?
Boomer-Who will you scan if available?
Cain-Will you perform your hidden agenda if possible?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RevHempus71 wrote:Well, that means Scoop is the last cylon. However we ARE in a position that come tomorrow test me and we win, Test Scoop we win a day sooner.

So you all just need to pick when you want to win.

One last request though. Can I finally have some H2O for this bong. :mrgreen:
You can get your H2O on the resurrection ship. The real question is whether there is a bong over there to go with your H2O. :D
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Ok, Scoop its down to you and me. After you kill BB, as your lat act will you make some french toast for breakfast. :P
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
RevHempus71

Re: BSG VIII -Assassination. Night 5

Post by RevHempus71 »

There is no Res ship in my future.

I will simply say I have a very good track record for picking up on players with ROLES. I never have said I could tell the good ones from the bad.

Seriously, test me in the AM you win the next day as Scoop will then be KNOWN bad.
Test Scoop in the AM we win right then.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

hmm so is lassr dragging this out for dramatic value? or is there really a 4th cylon?

oh cylons, fyi...i got a scan tonight and i get results tonight, so :wink: all austin has to do is PM me in the morning.....another secret cain power i didnt reveal, since i just unlocked it today

/does the happy dance
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
bb2112
End of Days

Re: BSG VIII -Assassination. Day 3

Post by bb2112 »

SCOOP
Here are my top three suspects:
1 Purge (my obvious one)
2 bb2112 (considering his push for Remus again I'm surprised he hasn't been tested yet)
3 Stessier (no real idea here but simply because he generated many votes so far).
rev
My top 3
Stessier
BB2112
Theohall
Looking at these 2 quotes, they are both pretty damning. Nope, I still have to go with my gut. It has to be Rev. Scoop wanted Purge to be tested, and Q wanted Scoop. Will have to go back to the threat list I put together to make sure.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

we also have to consider if lass is pulling our chain....he's a sick and cruel bastard.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:hmm so is lassr dragging this out for dramatic value? or is there really a 4th cylon?

oh cylons, fyi...i got a scan tonight and i get results tonight, so :wink: all austin has to do is PM me in the morning.....another secret cain power i didnt reveal, since i just unlocked it today

/does the happy dance
Ha, that must have had something to do with your weird vote post earlier. Don't answer. :D

Man, Cain is Uber powerful.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:we also have to consider if lass is pulling our chain....he's a sick and cruel bastard.
True as that is, and with all the extra powers you have, and the number of players in the game, I would find it hard to believe that there isn't a 4th cylon.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

A howl pierces the night, waking many sleeping survivors near Austins room. "What the frak was that?" Newcastle bangs on Austin's door. The door slides open as Asutin peeks out. "What the frak is going on in here?"
"Sorry, I was just watching one my favorite horror movies. Guess I had it too loud. I'll put my headphones on."
Newcastle peaks in to see Austin's video screen paused on a scene of a giant wolfman tearing apart someone. Newcastle shakes his head and walks back to his room.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

couple things to keep in mind...

-Purge could have been the citizen-cylon. Hence any connections/disconnections you might analyze w/ the current roster could be false

-for analytical purposes I'd look at Qantaga's & Theo's interactions to decide between Scoop & rev

-But that dont matter since I'm gonna clear or condemn someone as soon as the dawn rises. I just like mentally exercising this.

And yes BB - Cain is uber in this iteration, and should be nerfed. IT depends though on what the cylon powers look like.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Summary
Qantaga ---- Scoop, NC, Theo, bb
RMC --------- Theo, bb, Rev
Stess -------- Rev, Unagi, Theo, NC
Unagi -------- Theo, NC, Stess
bb2112 ------ Scoop, Qantaga, Purge, Theo
Newcastle --- Rev, Unagi, Scoop, Purge, etc, etc... you only get 4
Rev ---------- Stess, Theo, bb, NC
Scooptastic -- Purge, NC

No threat list per se, but based on their votes (and Theo's repeated tenacity towards me)
Theo -------- Stess, bb
Purge ------- Scoop
Austin ------ NC
Both Purge and Q were voting for Scoop. Purge had an actual vote on Scoop. Scoop had a cylon at the top of his list, while Rev had a human at the top of his. Rev also had only one cylon out of 4 picks. Scoop was at least 1 for 2.

Now for something non-cylon hunting related.
Stess had 4 people on his earlier threat list, then would only give NC two. Which further supports my taunting claim. Stess was doing it on purpose to mess with NC. That could have gone very bad for the good guys. Not a good move. Was this revenge for Prague???
RevHempus71

Re: BSG VIII -Assassination. Day 3

Post by RevHempus71 »

bb2112 wrote:

SCOOP
Here are my top three suspects:
1 Purge (my obvious one)
2 bb2112 (considering his push for Remus again I'm surprised he hasn't been tested yet)
3 Stessier (no real idea here but simply because he generated many votes so far).
rev
My top 3
Stessier
BB2112
Theohall
Looking at these 2 quotes, they are both pretty damning. Nope, I still have to go with my gut. It has to be Rev. Scoop wanted Purge to be tested, and Q wanted Scoop. Will have to go back to the threat list I put together to make sure.
I never pushed for Purge, you are correct. I also Stated I wanted to keep purge for a while BECAUSE i felt he was bad.

I am not going to lobby one way or the other. AS I see it WE THE GOODGUYS win either way. SCOOP and I willl have to be tested. WE win sooner if Scoop goes first.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote: Stess had 4 people on his earlier threat list, then would only give NC two. Which further supports my taunting claim. Stess was doing it on purpose to mess with NC. That could have gone very bad for the good guys. Not a good move. Was this revenge for Prague???

Why would he want revenge on Danny Glover?
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Because you messed with your own team in a similar fashion Danny.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote:Because you messed with your own team in a similar fashion Danny.

pffft. it was for the good of the team...that Mel..he's one crazy & wild guy.
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Because you messed with your own team in a similar fashion Danny.

pffft. it was for the good of the team...that Mel..he's one crazy & wild guy.
:lol:

I really didn't think I was messing with you. You had a gun and a bullet. The two I felt strongest about were Unagi and theo. Yes, I had mentioned two other but their rose to the level of "shoot him!" and I didn't want to make a mistake. Beside that, I hate being dictated to. Telling me "give me three MOFO" in the same breath you say "I have my own ideas and will probably ignore yours" is a sure way to get me to dig my heels in. I didn't really feel all that bad about getting shot - I thought you could learn something useful from who wanted me dead. And it was better than going off half cocked and taking out Saul or something.

Beyond that, I thought if someone was really going to think about what I was doing, they would notice that no Cylon in his right mind would call for the shot like I more or less was. What would be the point? I thought it more likely that someone else would get shot and NC would scan me - which would work as well.

I'm a little confused - why didn't you ask for RMC's protections before shooting? And I only kind of get BB didn't come out before the shot...would have made things easier if everyone had laid their cards on the table before the shot. We had Austin telling us we hadn't lost anyone and no one was counterclaiming - there really didn't need to be any drama at all.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I didnt think about RMC's protection to be honest. I was too busy trying to figure out how to best leverage my shot into the most information. Austin & RMC were furthest from my consideration, and I was trying to figure out the best way to maximize what i had and the best strategy to attain that. Basically i was running through scenarios in my mind on whom to shoot and how that would reveal information wise. I was relatively open to hearing a good cogent argument on whom to shoot. But i was pretty dead set on one person, it wasn't until near the end that i switched to Purge as my shot. :ninja:

Additionally there was a time pressure argument that was factored in, that Unagi pointed out. I needed to take the shot sooner rather than later in order for us to figure things out post shot and give us ample time to talk things through.

So bottomline, I hadnt thought about it and it wasn't volunteered.
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:So bottomline, I hadnt thought about it and it wasn't volunteered.
I swear I had mentioned it, but reading back through, I never did. My bad. Must have been one of my virus induced hallucinations. Ah well.

So who was your first target? Me? I feel so special!! :D
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:
Newcastle wrote:So bottomline, I hadnt thought about it and it wasn't volunteered.
I swear I had mentioned it, but reading back through, I never did. My bad. Must have been one of my virus induced hallucinations. Ah well.

Post game sir, post game. I've already spoken too much.
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:
stessier wrote:

Post game sir, post game. I've already spoken too much.
Fair enough. It would be kind of funny if the penalty for saying too much was a Cylon rezzes. :lol:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

If NC said he was going to shoot you, then I would have come out. As it was, out of the 4 he was going after, I only had you as confirmed. I figured odds were in my favor. I was also seriously trying to talk NC into scanning Theo since I was pretty convinced at that point what the outcome of the scan was going to be. I also didn't want to take the chance that NC was lying about being Cain. Yeah, yeah, no counter claim, but given that he came out on Saturday and our deadline was Monday, and some people don't always do the logical thing, I didn't want to come out unless I had too. I figured with the suspect list he had I was only really worried about you. After he announced Purge was his shot, I figured worst case scenario you get scanned. I was still ok with that. Not super happy, but it could have been worse. As long as Austin was still alive, there was no reason for me to blow my cover.

Plus, let's not forget that NC proved three people in that one move. Himself as Cain, Purge as a cylon, and Unagi as a human. That greatly reduced the pool of unprovens. After that, I figured I was pretty safe to come out. Didn't see the Ellen zerker thing coming though. That could have messed with us.

Anyway, long post short, didn't see a real need to come out yet. I just didn't like you taunting him. I get your reasons, I didn't like the way he put it either, but he was the dude with the gun. It wouldn't have hurt anything to add one name to your list, and it could have cost us if he decided you were being irritating enough to shoot you in the face. That's all I'm saying.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

for the record, i think rev's our cylon and i'll be scanning him.
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:for the record, i think rev's our cylon and i'll be scanning him.
I think so too fwiw. Which makes it doubly amusing that I a) followed him early on and b) turned on him on Day 3. :D
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:for the record, i think rev's our cylon and i'll be scanning him.
Sweeeeeet

So unless something really whacky happens, we should win tomorrow. It doesn't matter if the cylons kill me or you, either way we (should) get one more scan to narrow the pool between Rev and Scoop.

And now we wait. :pop:
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Ok, i am cool with you thinking I am the last badguy. I just ask that when the game is over somebody please tell me what I keep doing to always look so bad.
stessier

Post by stessier »

RevHempus71 wrote:Ok, i am cool with you thinking I am the last badguy. I just ask that when the game is over somebody please tell me what I keep doing to always look so bad.
I think today's analysis is based on how the remaining players have voted or who they have suggested should be tested. In your case, you look more evil than Scoop (especially since known Cylons were after Scoop).

Previous days, I don't think anyone but RMC and I even mentioned your name. I think you may have to check your supplier as you're a wee bit more paranoid than normal. :lol:
theohall

Post by theohall »

:binky: :( :binky:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote:Ok, i am cool with you thinking I am the last badguy. I just ask that when the game is over somebody please tell me what I keep doing to always look so bad.
I think today's analysis is based on how the remaining players have voted or who they have suggested should be tested. In your case, you look more evil than Scoop (especially since known Cylons were after Scoop).
Exactly. It wasn't your play by itself. It was a combination of your votes grouped with the known cylons votes that point to you. Not that Scoop's voting record looks wonderfully better than yours. Just when you look at Purge and Q, they both were trying to go after Scoop. Which means, most likely Scoop is innocent. Not much you can do with that.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote:
stessier wrote:
Exactly. It wasn't your play by itself. It was a combination of your votes grouped with the known cylons votes that point to you. Not that Scoop's voting record looks wonderfully better than yours. Just when you look at Purge and Q, they both were trying to go after Scoop. Which means, most likely Scoop is innocent. Not much you can do with that.
+1 its more how they acted in relation to scoop. I thought you were a bit off early in the game and always kept you in my threat matrix. When i basically put you as "clean" in my post earlier (post cain reveal), i really wanted to see hwo you reacted to it...basically you sucked up to me, which raised a massive red flag. That taken together w/ the other cylon's preference for scoop over you (remember their lists also contains 1 known cylon; you put 1 cylon in jeopardy...sure...but never two), pretty much confirming to me your cylon in my eyes.

Dont matter, tomorrow your finding a quick lynch trip.

All we need is scoop to make in a token appearance...and ...the rest is history...(well future speak wise...sure)...
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

This game could be done in less than a month. Not too bad considering the unknown powers and number of participants.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:This game could be done in less than a month. Not too bad considering the unknown powers and number of participants.
i'm hoping today since i want to see what the cylon powers look like. and so i can reveal what i had to do to get my shot & scans.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Everyone was in a jovial mode this morning, many slept a little later thinking it was over. Then the news came, Newcastle walked in with a frown on his face, "BB2112 has been killed. Someone is still a frakking Cylon!"
The mood was spoiled.

Day
Tigh-Who will you scan?
Doc-Will you PM last victim?
Cain-Will you perform your hidden agenda if possible?

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Day 5
1 Newcastle ---------- ---
2 Revhempus71 ---------- ---
3 Austin ---------- ---
4 Scoop ---------- ---
5 stessier ---------- ---
-- ---------
-- ---------
-- ----------
-- ----------

Majority = 3
Deadline is: Monday, Feb 27th 9PM

tru1cy -------- strangled
Remus West -------- Put down
Grundbegriff ------- bashed
Chaosraven ------- self injected
El Guapo ------- screwed
Purge ------ Cained
Unagi ------- broken
Qantaga ------- deactivated
RMC ------ hammered
theohall ------- decommissioned
BB2112 ------- out of service

Black Lives Matter
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

stessier wrote:

Previous days, I don't think anyone but RMC and I even mentioned your name. I think you may have to check your supplier as you're a wee bit more paranoid than normal. :lol:
Post game I would like to relive this comment.