OOWW: JLA ... GAME OVER!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

coopasonic

Re: OOWW: JLA MYSTERY COUNT SATURDAY

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote:So yeah, that's fair enough. But not the case, in case you were wondering.
I kind of assumed that would be your stance on the situation. ;) Sometimes it seems like the way it goes around here we are waiting for someone to stand up and shout, "I'm the Joker!"

One of these days... if we keep waiting long enough...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
purge

Post by purge »

I worry about all fronts- Unagi reigned me in with his:

We took path A) trusting Superman, B) trusting Remus and C) trusting me
I did these three things, which is why Remus took his shot after I used my power.

There is no way to prove alignment of any character save Isgrimnur at this point. Since Green Arrow was killed at night, it is likely that I too will be killed at night. I wouldn't bother lynching me, since it's just going to prove Grim, and then HE'LL get killed at night and we'll be no further ahead. If I live, then doubt exists about Grim.

At this point, Grim's only safety risk from anyones' perspective outside my own, is that he could, COULD, be two-face. He could not be anyone else, as he came back Normal with the GA shot.

I am going to cut with occam's razor and state what I believe - and why:
  1. Tru1cy: being likely The Atom, means that any night 1 conversion of him would fail. Unless he was other than Atom (such as a natural villain) AND supes was a villain, there is no way he is evil. I give him, and triggercut, the benefit of the doubt. That being said, he is the most likely of this group of being evil (either a lying converted super other than Atom, or an original villain). The Atom is like EM- a nice place to hide - but the hinge is whether supes was evil or not.
  2. Isgrimnur: is good. I know this based on Remus' death - this is proof of him. As I stated above, lynching me will only serve to prove him to all, and then get Isgrimnur killed tonight and we'll have no help tomorrow.
  3. El Guapo: is also likely good. Although he went along with Unagi (which means his shot at superman (who also is unproven) tells us nothing of his alignment), he has been pretty consistently acting with good intent.
    El Guapo's wisdom from the past.
    ...and another on Bubbles
    ... and another.
    I just caught up on El Guapo's posts - if he's evil, VERY well done in hiding it. Credit to El Guapo for bringing Lagom Lite back up, which I started the train.
    Evil doesn't like to shoot itself in the foot, and while I mention HarleyHawk, and it's possible, it - like tru1cy being evil - is not the most likely scenario - and less likely than the other.
  4. Purge: Here are some posts that directly relate to me being Green Lantern (to quell the idea of testing me this far into the game which I picked out while reading El Guapo's history.
    - Another green hint near the beginning of the game... El Guapo picked up on it.
    - Me suggesting we "test" superman again (implied lynch). You'll note that I assume we can kill him with a second lynch because, DUH, I could have made it so.
RMC, Coopasonic and/or Mr Bubbles are a villain. I'm leaning Bubbles at the moment, but if someone has some compelling evidence, please bring it forward. Their names are links to their posts, but I don't have time to read it right now.
purge

Post by purge »

Also, I did A and B. You were all asked (BB was against it) to trust me (C). Just re-read it, looks kinda silly when posted that way. :mrgreen:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Just curious because you didn't really post why you have been fixated on me since the very beginning?
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also thinking about Mr. Bubbles. I've been suspicious of him - question comes up with the killing vote on Lagom, which tends towards goodness but just has the question of whether it was out of a sense that Lagom was going to hang and might as well provide cover to Bubbles.
Black Lives Matter.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Take me out if you want, but don't be particularly surprised if I come back innocent. I understand you can't take my word for it, but if it makes you feel better vote for me. Just make sure you focus on the people who pushed for me later.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
purge

Post by purge »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Take me out if you want, but don't be particularly surprised if I come back innocent. I understand you can't take my word for it, but if it makes you feel better vote for me. Just make sure you focus on the people who pushed for me later.
I would expect that response from anyone, regardless of alignment.

I'd like you to contribute to the investigation - RMC or Coop, and why?
purge

Post by purge »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Take me out if you want, but don't be particularly surprised if I come back innocent. I understand you can't take my word for it, but if it makes you feel better vote for me. Just make sure you focus on the people who pushed for me later.
If? Is that a slip?
purge

Post by purge »

tru1cy wrote:I'm leaning towards Coop.. Be back later
is it later yet?
Chaosraven

SATURDAY VOTE

Post by Chaosraven »

VOTES
1 coopasonic - Mr Bubbles

No Votes:
2) Isgrimnur
3) coopasonic
5) El Guapo
8) tru1cy
10) purge
16) RMC

7 Players remain, Majority is 4
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

purge wrote:
I would expect that response from anyone, regardless of alignment.

I'd like you to contribute to the investigation - RMC or Coop, and why?
You saying Coop is not raising any flags to you? Guy gives me the creeps.
But at some point people are going to have to actually place votes you know... I can't believe I am the only one who has a vote cast.
Bertrand Russell
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

purge wrote:
tru1cy wrote:I'm leaning towards Coop.. Be back later
is it later yet?
meta

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=81779" target="_blank

No idea what his work schedule is, but he isn't hitting OO from work any more.

/meta
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Damn if it wasn't slow enough as it is. Well not like it's his fault.
Bertrand Russell
tru1cy

OOWW: JLA MYSTERY COUNT SATURDAY

Post by tru1cy »

Sorry busy yesterday and was in a meeting with my boss and HR about this site this morning.

Need to cool off from the meeting and will be back later with a vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
purge

Post by purge »

Sorry to hear that, man. :(

I'm up in the air at this point. Other than bubbles "if" slip, there is nothing obvious, and he was first and then last on several votes.

I don't know if that is the same thing as Scoop did to me in the last game when I was the convert (he pushed hard to get me lynched, and when I did he survived a long while).

RMC and Coop are more believable though - they seem (to me) less like wolves in sheep's clothing.

Mr. Bubbles 

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Believe doesn't mean anything when you're wrong, but while I am not panicking yet, because people like to accuse me of that, my death might provide information than living.

Btw.. where the hell is Izzy... He's disappeared.
Bertrand Russell
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:ninja:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Ok now this is just silly. At least place your votes people. Hell I'll commit seppuku rather than let this game languish. We're almost done!!
Bertrand Russell
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

rmc 

xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Chaosraven

Re: SATURDAY VOTE

Post by Chaosraven »

VOTES
1 Mr Bubbles - purge
1 RMC - tru1cy

No Votes:
2) Isgrimnur
3) coopasonic
5) El Guapo
16) RMC

"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

purge

Post by purge »

I've never seen a Bubble have an aneurysm.

withdraw Mr Bubbles 

How do you like THEM apples?
RMC

Post by RMC »

tru1cy wrote: rmc 

I am a citizen on team good.

I think there is only likely one villain left. So what does that look like for winning?

7 players
Lynch someone (not evil) 5 good 1 Evil
Night kill - 4 good 1 Evil
Lynch Someone (not evil) 3 Good 1 Evil
Night Kill - 2 good 1 Evil
Lynch - Determines who wins.

So if we are right and one of team evil is in the rmc,Mr Bubbles, or Coop. Then we have won the game already.

Am I right?

I think the odds are El Guapo, Isgtimnur, and truc1y are team good.

That leaves purge as the only outlier, and I think he is good. I questioned some of his decisions, but he seems to be on team good side.

So <shrug> does it matter the order that we Lynch people in? I think Team good has this game wrapped up... Unless there are two evils left, then everything shifts...

<shrug> Not knowing the numbers makes it a bit of a leap of faith.

I prefer not to be the first lynch, as I know I am on team good, and if I had to guess I think I will go with...

Mr. Bubbles 

Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
purge

Post by purge »

That "if" bugs me.

Grim - what do you think?

Villains:

Theohall - Riddler (not disabled)
Grund - ??? (disabled - possible Joker)
Lagom Lite - ??? (not disabled - not Joker, not two-face)

I'm going to go with

Mr Bubbles 

but I am not certain.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

purge wrote:I'm going to go with

Mr Bubbles 

but I am not certain.
The only people that are certain are on the other team. I'd be concerned if you WERE certain.

I think RMC laid it out right, good can't lose if tru1cy is who we think he is and there is one evil left. Let's just get it done.

Mr Bubbles 

-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

n-1. Who wants to see me be innocent? Of course team evil is on my vote already. So you'll be down to Coop and RMC. Who will be the real evil one... Hmmmm I suppose it could still be Purge.
Bertrand Russell
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

In the interest of speed, I will throw myself in with the mob and hope it doewsn't end with us being teargassed.

Mr. Bubbles 

:pop:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
purge

Post by purge »

I wouldn't mind not being the one running this - frankly, I expect to die tonight.

Paging the ErraticBlackbird!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

purge wrote:Paging the ErraticBlackbird!
:binky: likely working or sleeping right now :binky:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

That's the kill vote then?

I finally got around to going through some of the old posts in this thread - it's tough to motivate myself to do so without a deadline and with 50+ pages of posts (though coop's light posting helped speed the process). Coop, Mr. Bubbles, and RMC have all taken shots at now known villains, so between them it's a matter of evaluating which was for cover. As for Bubbles, he did have the one post pushing for going after Grund or Lagom, although (from what I could tell) he never actually voted for either of them. We'll see I suppose.

Anyhow, unless I am missing something one of the following must be true:

(1) There is at least one villain amongst Coop, Mr. Bubbles, and RMC, and I guess purge; or
(2) Purge and Isgrimnur are villains (in which case grim would be Two-Face).

Anyhow, I guess we'll see how Bubbles comes back.
Black Lives Matter.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Guess better next time. Man you people are being played. Coop is my top with RMC right behind him. Purge.. I'm on the fence, but better luck next time folks.
Bertrand Russell
purge

Post by purge »

(3) tru1cy may be a villain if we already had SuperHarley
(4) you could be a converted HarleyHawk

I stand by my belief that those are not the case, but since you're listing possibilities they also need to be considered ... either 3 or 4 would have ALSO kept the game going after Lagom died.

You are the only proven role, and if I die, Grim becomes the only proven good.

Who gets killed at night is as much a clue as what people say during the day. I expect to die tonight - but everyone's unsure stance on me may well keep me alive. :shrug: I talk a lot, and I stuck to my Lagom Lite attack.

I'd like to briefly discuss tru1cy and newcastle/triggercut. I have not reviewed the posts, but it may be that newcastles play (assuming evil) was to be revealed, "scan" two players and ensure an evil was the final vote (tru1cy's come-at-me-bro was VERY unsettling). Conveniently tru1cy lived through the night, and Qan was killed. If Superman was evil, he would have been able to either hide an evil tru1cy as legit, or reveal his role to the villains so that a good tru1cy is killable any night they choose. Qantaga may have been the sacrifice they wanted to make.

I don't see any value to Tru1cy being able to save - if he does (at this point in the game) we'll end up with the big question - tru1cy attack, or harley conversion? We all assumed ANY kill revealed alignment (save twoface), but they may have had that one cleared up in their forum long before I asked for clarification.
purge

Post by purge »

I just checked Qantaga's posts and not once did he claim any role, only good alignment. If Superman was evil, when he told us he was citizen, he could have been Batman or Elongated man, or Dr. Fate and then the evil team would not have been taking such a big risk in spoofing his role.

Once again, this hinges on a very big IF - was Newcastle the Night0 conversion?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I was just ruling out #4 because I know it not to be the case (I was listing the scenarios from my perspective), but of course everyone else can't rule it out.

As for #3, it's true that's a possible scenario. But if that was the plan, wouldn't the villains claim that tru1cy was an unpowered citizen? It seems like naming him as powered (later Atom) would only create a risk that his role gets disputed, without any real benefit over just naming him as an unpowered citizen.

Also thinking about Two-Face. Theohall claiming Batman makes me think that he must be in the game - that's the main reason for him to claim that specific role, no? Of course Theo could (I think) have been a converted Batman.
Black Lives Matter.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

El Guapo wrote:That's the kill vote then?

I finally got around to going through some of the old posts in this thread - it's tough to motivate myself to do so without a deadline and with 50+ pages of posts (though coop's light posting helped speed the process). Coop, Mr. Bubbles, and RMC have all taken shots at now known villains, so between them it's a matter of evaluating which was for cover. As for Bubbles, he did have the one post pushing for going after Grund or Lagom, although (from what I could tell) he never actually voted for either of them. We'll see I suppose.
Not that it makes any difference now, but I voted against both of them, which is why I'm dumbfounded that people would vote for me. But hey.. Obviously there are sheep and evil is leading the charge.
Bertrand Russell
purge

Post by purge »

No, Theo was Riddler.

There is no reason for BB to lie to us about that - Grund backing up Theo's Batman claim is what triggered BB's reveal.
purge

Post by purge »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
El Guapo wrote:That's the kill vote then?

Not that it makes any difference now, but I voted against both of them, which is why I'm dumbfounded that people would vote for me. But hey.. Obviously there are sheep and evil is leading the charge.
Your statement begs the question. Evil may not be leading the charge - this might be a case of Remucide ... (assuming you test negative for villainy)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

purge wrote:No, Theo was Riddler.

There is no reason for BB to lie to us about that - Grund backing up Theo's Batman claim is what triggered BB's reveal.
Oh, right. In the back of my mind I had this lingering belief that Theo could not have been converted batman, but I couldn't think of why not.
Black Lives Matter.
theohall

Post by theohall »

:binky: :ninja: :binky:
Chaosraven

Re: SATURDAY VOTE

Post by Chaosraven »

VOTING CLOSED

4 Mr Bubbles - RMC, purge, coopasonic, Isgrimnur

1 RMC - tru1cy

No Votes:
5) El Guapo

"Where are you off to?"

coopasonic

Re: OOWW: JLA FRIDAY VOTE CLOSED

Post by coopasonic »

Chaosraven wrote:1 RMC - Lagom Lite
1 Mr Bubbles - tru1cy

5 Lagom Lite - purge, Remus West, RMC, coopasonic, Mr Bubbles

no vote:
Isgrimnur
El Guapo
9 Players remain, Majority is 5
Chaosraven wrote:VOTING CLOSED