Colonial game guide/signup - game is full!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Vorret

Re: Colonial boardgame signup: 1 or 2 more players needed!

Post by Vorret »

Hmm Spain or Italy.

Guess I'll go with Spain.
I read the rules, lots of stuff in there, I'm leaving work in a couple minutes, I'll watch the video when I get home and should be good to go at like 6-7pm, is that fine?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
SpaceLord

Post by SpaceLord »

I'll be setting stuff up here in a bit. I'll post some links in the other thread. I've also got a pre-turn 1 suggestion post.
They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box...
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

The market part is confusing can someone elaborate on it a bit?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
SpaceLord

Post by SpaceLord »

Vorret wrote:The market part is confusing can someone elaborate on it a bit?
Sure. There's three steps getting Resources to your Treasury.

1. Gain control of Resource slots.
1. Using the Merchant action from Card E, ship a number of goods equal to the number of Merchant ships you own. Initially, this is two. For each resource on the map one controls, you can ship goods to market without benefiting others.
2. Using the Trader action, move Goods from the Market to your own Treasury.

Example:

1.Explore/Viceroy: On the first turn, John performed a successful Explore and placed a token on a Gold resource in West Africa. Later, he performed a Viceroy action and claimed an orange resource from The Levant.

2. Merchant: Later, John has 4 Ships. He controls two resources on the map. Since he has 4 Merchant fleets, he can ship his two goods essentially alone. He takes two tokens from his pile and puts them onto the Market space. Since he can ship two more goods, he sees that Mary is short on Treasury. He asks if he can ship two of her Resources to Market. She agrees. John then places 2 more goods on the Market space. As a benefit for allowing John to do this, Mary gets two goods from her supply onto her Treasury.

3. Trader: John chooses the Trader action. He counts his current Economic score, which is still at its default value of 2. As mentioned on the card, he adds this number to his Colonies' total Native Power. He has a single Colony in West Africa, which has a Native Power of 3. So he can ship 2+3 goods, for 5 total. There are 4 disks of his color in the Market, from step 2 above. Figuring he's done Mary enough favors, he sees that Tom also has a token in the Market. First, he moves his four tokens to his Treasury. He then asks Tom if he can ship Tom's good. Tom agrees, so he claims his disk, putting it in his Treasury. John also gets a disk for shipping the good, but grabs it from his supply, as a bonus good.

Make any sense?
They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box...