The Empire Strikes Back - Empire Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Re: The Empire Strikes Back - Empire Victory

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:I don't mind talking about behavioral similarities between games a player was involved in but linking old games should be verboten.
I disagree.

Players may react to it in whatever fashion they wish (Same as EDITING, if you are against it), but there's no reason it shouldn't be allowed.

And I am sad nobody gives me props for the Newcastle/Scoop or Austin, and endgame Lassr Isgrimnur stuff.
Screw you guys.
I know, y'all are thinking "of course you knew, CR, you're evil"

*sigh*
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Austin

Post by Austin »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:I don't mind talking about behavioral similarities between games a player was involved in but linking old games should be verboten.
I disagree.

Players may react to it in whatever fashion they wish (Same as EDITING, if you are against it), but there's no reason it shouldn't be allowed.

And I am sad nobody gives me props for the Newcastle/Scoop or Austin, and endgame Lassr Isgrimnur stuff.
Screw you guys.

*sigh*
We're too busy licking Unagi's boots!
theohall

Post by theohall »

Unagi wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Why do you need to post examples? Are people not going to believe it? Who cares.
Well obviously, I cared if people believed me.

let me take you into my head (don't worry - it's pretty empty): what he did struck a memory. That was something I needed to share, and did, in a post.
Next I went out and I needed to see where it was that I recalled it.
I found it.
I showed people I wasn't crazy - I recalled it because it happened before.

That's me playing the game. I'm talking about what I'm seeing and I'm sharing that. We are playing on a Forum that has a history of our games, and we all enjoy that very fact. It's not unnatural for me to think back to those games and compare people's play styles and play 'moments', etc.

I just think it's artificial to think we wouldn't ever go back and look at other games for comparison (I do not do it often though, as it's like a needle in a hay stack, what on earth would one really look for).
And then, what is the point to then say "and it's verboten" to place links to those games to help people understand how you came to vote for McMeanie.

Talk to your wife. She knows I'm right. :D :ninja: /runs away
Not this whole post, but the center part of it was my same reasoning for going after purge. He was playing a completely different style and reviewing prior games showed the change in style. Linking that was to show I was not crazy. Of course, this did not work out in the Rebels favor. :doh:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:
I disagree.

Screw you guys.

*sigh*
kudos. Your list helped us decide to kill Coop.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:
I disagree.

Screw you guys.

*sigh*
Ha! You were doing great at identifying bad guys! I even gave you kudos in the spoiler forum (go read it). And then you killed Tru1cy.
Last edited by bb2112 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
purge

Post by purge »

CR - you were the one I trusted most. Unagi seemed "too good to be true" and it took him a long time to settle into the "peacemaker" role he plays so well.

If I had to pick the brightest star on the line of dead rebels, it would probably be you. I was impressed that Unagi managed to walk the line between believable and not-dead-at-night.

As for the linking - there is 110 pages of text there (some of which was Yoda's twitter feed, I agree :oops: ) however, the hot-linking shouldn't be forbidden. If someone wants to post links to other games, power to them. Look at how well that worked for Theohall. :P

Fact is, it's not nearly as effective. A WW game has a flow, like a river, full of eddies, undercurrents, and silt deposits. Trying to point a familiar current to others is fine, and should they so choose to follow the link, they either understand that there will be a slew of differences which makes it NOT parallel, and that the players have (im)matured since the now-dead game.

I didn't even click the links outside the defense of my own play. Which was a big waste of time since the point Theo was making wasn't really relevant.

Verboten? No.
Effective? Generally, I don't think so.

It's like self-voting. Perhaps there is use for it, but should be used economically.
purge

Post by purge »

I was also impressed with Lagom Lite's history. The one flaw that I saw (given that I was dead and KNEW the roles, so I was already influenced) was that you drew too strong a conclusion on Scoop, where there didn't seem to be the evidence that you thought was there.

I believe either Unagi, CR or even Tru1cy may have called you out on it, and linking you as defending someone cast you into the unknowns.

Very, VERY solid play otherwise though. Where I didn't really know your play style before, I liked this one. Kudos.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Chaosraven wrote:
I disagree.

Screw you guys.

*sigh*
Yeah, read the spoiler forum - you get lots of credit over there! You were amazing in the late game - Unagi and Mortis had their moments too, but you were pretty much 99% spot on in your late game analysis.

If only people listened to you, right?
Black Lives Matter.