(Almost) Simple WW Game #2 - Game Over

Post by stessier »

(Almost) Simple Game

13 players: 1 She-Wolf, 1 He-Wolf, 1 Wolf-Pup 1 Seer, 7 Villagers

Wolf Pack: She-wolf, He-wolf, Wolf-pup -
  • Will show Evil on death.
  • Know each other.
  • She-wolf submits Night Kill.
    • If l She-wolf dies, He-wolf submits Night Kill.
    • Wolf-pup submits the kill if orphaned.
Seer -
  • Submits name each Night and receives response of "Good" or "Evil"
Villagers - Residents of a doomed little Village.
  • Will show "Good" on death
Victory Conditions
Evil - Wins when # of Evil => # of Good
Good - Wins when She-Wolf and He-Wolf are dead

Rules
  1. Any player can PM anyone during the Day.
  2. Only Wolves may PM at Night.
  3. Day 1 = 96 hours
  4. All subsequent days = 72 hours
  5. Night = 12 hours minimum and 24 hours maximum (order must be received by deadline or it is forfeit).
Roster
  1. El Guapo
  2. Bubbles
  3. Chaosraven
  4. bb2112
  5. Remus West
  6. Lassr
  7. Austin
  8. Theo
  9. Trig
  10. RMC
  11. Unagi
  12. Newcastle
  13. Qantaga ( ;) )
Wolf PM wrote:Ahhhh, fresh meat. Enjoy your visit to the Doomed Village Buffet. Please remember that your server gratuity was not included in the price of your meal.

You can PM anyone at any time.

Please do not PM anyone (except each other) until the game is officially started.
Seer PM wrote:The Village would have been doomed without your Second Sight ability. Of course, they are probably still doomed, but maybe you'll at least help them put up a bit of a fight. I hear the wolves like it when the prey is feisty - gets the juices flowing.

Each Night you can learn the alignment of one person. You can also PM anyone during the Day.

Please don't PM anyone until the game officially starts.

Good luck!
Villager PM wrote:You moved here to get away from it all. You have a nice little garden and love just watching the clouds go by. Unfortunately you settled on an ancient burial ground known for attracting werewolves - isn't that just the luck. Now try to rid your village of the demon spawn before you end up a Night time snack.

You can PM anyone you want during the Day. Please do not PM anyone until the game is announced to have officially started.

Good luck.
Last edited by stessier on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:33 am, edited 21 times in total.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Qantaga

Re: (Almost) Simple WW Game #2 - Signups open

Post by Qantaga »

Pick me!
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sure, a small simple game sounds about right.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:(Almost) Simple Game

10 players: 1 She-Wolf, 1 He-Wolf, 1 Seer, 7 Villagers

She-Wolf & He-Wolf -
  • Will show Evil on death.
  • Know each other.
  • She-wolf submits Night Kill. If last wolf, He-wolf submits Night Kill.
Seer -
  • Submits name each Night and receives response of "Good" or "Evil"
Villagers - Residents of a doomed little Village.
  • Will show "Good" on death
Victory Conditions
Evil - Wins when # of Evil => # of Good
Good - Wins when She-Wolf and He-Wolf are dead

Rules
  1. Any player can PM anyone during the Day.
  2. Only Wolves may PM at Night.
  3. Day 1 = 96 hours
  4. All subsequent days = 72 hours
  5. Night = 12 hours minimum and 24 hours maximum (order must be received by deadline or it is forfeit).
Roster

Notes: If more than 10 players sign up, I will increase the number of wolves at 12 and 15
PM'ing usually leads to very dead threads from what i saw. I know some of the games did that ages ago. Was very boring.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

yeeeep
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Count me in.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Cannot resist.

Must play.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I'm in. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I've never played a game with PMs before, so we'll see how that goes.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:I've never played a game with PMs before, so we'll see how that goes.
Me neither. Although, what NC says does make a lot of sense. This will be interesting.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Remus West

Re: (Almost) Simple WW Game #2 - Need 6 more

Post by Remus West »

PM games tend to have very little in thread action so are very boring for outsiders to read. They do provide some other resources for both sides to use though.

What the heck. I'll play.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

If people prefer a No PM rule, I'm fine with it. But it certainly is more entertaining to play and be able to talk to everyone than no one. At least to me. At least once in a while.

We could also try the Nomination method of voting instead of the consensus voting. Nomination is how Live WW is played (or so I hear).

Nomination Voting - Someone nominates someone for the Lynch. Everyone votes whether or not to Lynch. If Lynch, player is dead. If no Lynch, player lives and can not be lynched anymore that day. Rinse and Repeat until someone is Lynched, or everyone is Not Lynched (in which case Day turns to Night).

Could be interesting with PMs going on behind the scenes.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

stessier wrote:

10. Qantaga ( ;) )

:lol:
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:If people prefer a No PM rule, I'm fine with it. But it certainly is more entertaining to play and be able to talk to everyone than no one. At least to me. At least once in a while.

We could also try the Nomination method of voting instead of the consensus voting. Nomination is how Live WW is played (or so I hear).

Nomination Voting - Someone nominates someone for the Lynch. Everyone votes whether or not to Lynch. If Lynch, player is dead. If no Lynch, player lives and can not be lynched anymore that day. Rinse and Repeat until someone is Lynched, or everyone is Not Lynched (in which case Day turns to Night).

Could be interesting with PMs going on behind the scenes.
I personally am not a big fan of the nomination method. People tie up the voting.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:I've never played a game with PMs before, so we'll see how that goes.
I have recurring nightmares about them...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
Are you and Austin both signed up?
:pop:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Are you and Austin both signed up?
:pop:
not yet...maybe he will not see this thread until it is too late.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

Have not done a PM game before. Worth a shot.

IN - if it is not too late.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:I personally am not a big fan of the nomination method. People tie up the voting.
I've always wanted to try this method. What do ya mean regarding 'people tie up the voting'.

I would think we could handle this almost like a poker-forum game, where if someone is 'nominated', then we start on the list after the Person Nominated or the Nominated Individual, and then "go down the list"

Something like:

Jack nominates Bubba...
Jack's a Vote Against Bubba... on the Sign Up list, I am after Jack - so I am next in line to vote, and lets say your name is after me....

"Yes, I say we lynch Bubba - YES!!!
-- bb2112, you're up"

and then everyone basically waits for your vote, and then you call out the guy that's listed after you.

Does that draw on?

I guess I'm saying that there would be no 'chatter' - this would be a ' Yes / No' - coming from everyone down the list.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I personally am not a big fan of the nomination method. People tie up the voting.
I've always wanted to try this method. What do ya mean regarding 'people tie up the voting'.

I would think we could handle this almost like a poker-forum game, where if someone is 'nominated', then we start on the list after the Person Nominated or the Nominated Individual, and then "go down the list"

Something like:

Jack nominates Bubba...
Jack's a Vote Against Bubba... on the Sign Up list, I am after Jack - so I am next in line to vote, and lets say your name is after me....

"Yes, I say we lynch Bubba - YES!!!
-- bb2112, you're up"

and then everyone basically waits for your vote, and then you call out the guy that's listed after you.

Does that draw on?

I guess I'm saying that there would be no 'chatter' - this would be a ' Yes / No' - coming from everyone down the list.
As soon as someone get's nominated, the discussion revolves around that person and totally stops the forward momentum of the game. It gets really bad when an evil keeps throwing up people that nobody is going to vote for and then everyone has to wait until a majority checks in and votes no. Then people get frustrated and vote yes to a lynch just to make something happen. I do not like nomination voting at all. If people want to do it, then I can graciously bow out. I am feeling somewhat burned out after the TESB game anyway, so there would be no hard feelings. :D
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Not too crazy about it myself.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Nominations suck!

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

It's how we play it face to face, but then there's no secret communication beyond gestures either.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:It's how we play it face to face, but then there's no secret communication beyond gestures either.
In face to face games you also have everyone right there to make instant decisions.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Lassr wrote:Nominations suck!
Yeah, looks like a terrible idea. I actually cannot recal how we played live. All I remember is we called it Mafia, and there was a sherrif. Maybe he got to decide who to kill and the mafia guys hunted him... Dunno anymore.
stessier

Post by stessier »

The unwashed masses have spoken - boring voting rules it is! ;)

Now all we need is a few more people. I'm fine, too, if there is a themed game that would rather start up instead.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Sure, I'm in!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I do not see my name on the roster. :(

How many times do I have to apologize for the "incident?"

Sorry!

Now can I play?

:wub:
Lassr

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Austin PM'ed me and said he was in. Aggghhhhh!

Seriously though, he did.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:Austin PM'ed me and said he was in. Aggghhhhh!

Seriously though, he did.
:lol:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Can I hear the Tale of Austin and the PM?
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I'm Game. Can I play Mara Jade again? It's cool to switch to the winning side 1/2 way through a game. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:Can I hear the Tale of Austin and the PM?
Many many moons ago our first games played were PM games much like this one. Halfway through the game I developed some trust in Austin so I pm'ed him and created a behind the scenes relationship and trying to get read on him. I ended up PM'ing a wolf. Austin was just giddy reporting this to his partner, Grundbegriff, He, and with help from Grund, manipulated me into helping to kill off the village.

Austin or Grund may remember more details as it is one of their more memorable moments not so much for me.
that is when I made this picture.

(Austin since you cannot see it, it is the picture of a wolf attacking a man in the snow. His gun is still in his holster because it was such a surprise attack. The wolf is labeled Austin, the man Lassr.)

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Here is the game. Remus was the Mod.

Here's my post after the game ends:
there are numerous posts below by Austin and Grund explaining what went on.

viewtopic.php?p=993206#p993206

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

RMC wrote:I'm Game. Can I play Mara Jade again? It's cool to switch to the winning side 1/2 way through a game. :)
i can't decide if you or remus need to die first.
"Where are you off to?"

stessier

Re: (Almost) Simple WW Game #2 - Last Call

Post by stessier »

Checking on one player (not Austin). If there are an odd number, we'll start with a Day Kill. If there are an even number, we'll start at Night. Plan to send out as soon as I hear (tomorrow at the latest).
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

pmINg is so so so lame, and i'll prove it!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'll join !!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

(but only because Newcastle PMed me) :wink:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Chaosraven wrote:
RMC wrote:I'm Game. Can I play Mara Jade again? It's cool to switch to the winning side 1/2 way through a game. :)
i can't decide if you or remus need to die first.
Oh come on you know it is Remus.. You get to see him..Me, I am just some fantasy person you might never meet.. even though I am just in Ohio..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat