WW Power cards -Start Wed in other thread. CLOSED

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

WW Power cards -Start Wed in other thread. CLOSED

Post by Lassr »

I started this a while back and just remembered it.

A basic WW game with a seer and wolves plus a power card is dealt to each player each night. Cannot keep it for more than a day. 1 use per card per day.

Cards: Once used up cards are discarded. Remaining cards are randomly redistributed each night. Player must PM the MOD when they are playing a card. It is then considered used (exception: If Kaboom is played, all cards afterwards cannot be used. User will just be informed they cannot use the card). Village will not be notified of the user of a card nor how many uses remain for any card.

1. 1 Extra Vote (once played cannot be removed, no notification to the village) 3 uses.
2. Cancel 1 vote (once played, cannot be removed and player that voted cannot vote the same player that round again. No notification a vote is canceled is made to the village) 2 uses.
3. Free scan for player’s role. (May be played when a vote is placed against card holder). 1 use.
4. Escape lynching. (May be used if card holder is lynched). 1 use.
5. Resurrection! (Resurrect lynched player). 1 use.
6. Séance. (Communicate with the dead. Dead, chosen by card holder, may make one post in the game thread). 1 use.
7. Beyond the Grave (Communicate with the dead. 1 PM to chosen dead and 1 PM from the dead). 2 uses.
8. Who said that? (One anonymous PM to any player through the MOD) 3 uses.
9. Block scan. (Blocks all scan attempts during day) 2 uses.
10. Death! (Kill one player during the day if they have at least 1 vote against them). 1 use.
11. Shield! (Protects against any kill attempt except lynching. Must be used before kill attempt. Effects carry over into the night). 3 uses.
12. I am Spartacus! (Your role will show Villager if scanned. Effects carry over into night). 2 uses.
13. Mortician (ID the role of a dead player). 2 uses.
14. Illumination (If lynched, play this card and get 1 scan of one of your lynchers . You will take this info to your grave). 2 uses.
15. Nuke’em From Orbit (If lynched play this card and one of your lynchers will die in your place. Card holders choice). 1 use.
16. Toss a dart (Choose 3 players that currently have votes against them and you will be told if those players contain at least 1 wolf.) 1 use.
17. Shut Up! (Play this card to mute 1 player for 24 hours of real time). 2 uses.
18. Mind’s Eye (1 scan for wolf or villager on player that has not cast a vote. May be used only after a majority has cast a vote). 1 use
19. Howdy Partner (may PM with 1 other person for 1 day cycle, card effects end at lynch). 5 uses.
20. Scramble (all votes placed against at least 3 players are redistributed randomly to those 3 players. If a majority is reached then a lynch occurs). 1 use.
21. Quantum Shift (if enough votes have been cast against more than 1 player to reach a majority on 1 player then votes will be redirected to player in the lead thus lynching the target. If a tie for the lead then card holder’s preference). 1 use.
22. Swipe (take the card from another player). 3 uses.
23. Swiper no swiping! (no power but if swiped by the swiper they get a useless card). 3 cards possibly in play. Unlimited.
24. Told Ya So! (If cardholder reaches N-1, may play this card to prove their identity. Role of player announced by Mod). 1 use.
25. KaBoom! (All card powers blocked for the remainder of the day when this card is played). 1 use.
26. Right back at ‘cha! (Power effects carry over into the night. If killed by any means other than lynch then killer will die also). 2 uses.
27. I’ll take seconds! (Use this card to draw randomly 2 cards from the un-used card pile (not given out in random distribution that day). My use only 1 of the drawn cards, player’s choice.). 2 uses.
28. Reveal! (Reveal the cards of 3 chosen players to the card holder only). 2 uses.
29. Puppetmaster. (Card holder may type up any message and send to MOD and have MOD inform the target player that they must post this as a message on the board ASAP). 5 uses.
30. Deadlines! (Play this card to set a deadline for the lynch vote. Choice of 24 hours or 48 hours from time card is played. Player with most votes is lynched at deadline, If tie then no lynch.) 2 uses.
31. A View from Heaven (Play this card and a dead player of your choice gets a free scan of a living player). 2 uses.
32. Daydreamer (No powers thus freeing your mind to roam to whatever subject you desire) 5 cards in play. Unlimited.

Players:
1. Newcastle
2. BB2112
3. theohall
4. kraegor :D
5. Remus West
6. El Guapo
7. stessier
8. triggercut
9. Chaosraven
10. Qantaga
11. RMC
12. redrun
13. Mr. Bubbles
?
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 21 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: WW game with Power cards (idea)

Post by bb2112 »

Well this is interesting. Can play out in a lot of different ways depending on the luck of the draw.

I like it!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm a bit confused. Cards can only be held for one day, but some have multiple uses. Do they go back in the deck? And with 45 "uses", in a 10 player game that is only enough for 4-ish days.

I like Swiper, No Swiping. :lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:I'm a bit confused. Cards can only be held for one day, but some have multiple uses. Do they go back in the deck? And with 45 "uses", in a 10 player game that is only enough for 4-ish days.

I like Swiper, No Swiping. :lol:
You get a card dealt to you in the morning PM. You hold that card until night fall (after lynch). Say the card has 3 uses. If you do not use it, it goes back into the pile and is redistributed the next morning still with 3 uses. If you choose to use it, then 1 use is used up and it will go back into the pile at the end of the day with 2 uses remaining. Once it has been used 3 times it is discarded. Only 1 use per day per card.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Austin

Post by Austin »

Like it... but it might be too confusing for me. :oops:

;)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sure, why not?

You'll have to deny access to a spoiler forum until the end of the game, of course, on account of the dead still being involved.

I also had the same question as stessier.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:Sure, why not?

You'll have to deny access to a spoiler forum until the end of the game, of course, on account of the dead still being involved.

yes, there would be no spoiler forum.

Black Lives Matter
Austin

Post by Austin »

Lassr wrote:

Can we PM at night?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Austin wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Can we PM at night?
if you are a wolf.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Count me in.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:
Austin wrote: Can we PM at night?
if you are a wolf.
:doh: :lol:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
purge

Re: WW game with Power cards (Coming Soon)

Post by purge »

Perhaps the card should NOT be discarded, or if it is, made public - that way we know when a card has been burned out. Some may be obvious (told ya so!).

Also, there needs to be a rule that "Shut Up" cannot be used on Tru1cy. ;)

:lol:
Lassr

Re: WW game with Power cards (sign up)

Post by Lassr »

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

INsies
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

In
theohall

Post by theohall »

IN
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

In :ninja:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote:In :ninja:
:shock:

I wasn't going to but now I can not resist.

Welcome back.

IN.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kraegor's coming out of retirement to get his 6000th post - he wants to get in the OO Hall.

Sure, I'm in. This is starting soon, yes? I was wary of being in two games at once, but looks like Trig's isn't starting until August / September.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Re: WW game with Power cards (sign up)-Kraegor's in the hous

Post by stessier »

In to match wits with Kraegor again! Although for the next week or so, I'm going to be even more messed up than Austin if there is some "No doing something at night" rule. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

In!

I eagerly await the chance to be called an idiot by Kraegor!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

some"thINg" tells me I need to play in this... Heh
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's feet.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
RMC

Post by RMC »

In if there is still room. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Oh Kraegor is back.. Looks like Purge has some competition. Good to see you again Kraegor.. Was wondering if you would show up again.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote:In if there is still room. :)
you are in. Would like at least 2 more.

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Re: WW game with Power cards (sign up)-few slots remaining

Post by redrun »

Let's see. About 31 powers, about 2 uses each, so roughly 60 card uses. 15 players, decreasing by two per day/night cycle. So 15,13,11,09,07,05... powers should exist until the end of the game. I assume that in most cases players are going to use their card.

So, it'll be a bit of a wildcard game... Guess I need to be in.
Sufficient I am to the day.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

redrun wrote:Let's see. About 31 powers, about 2 uses each, so roughly 60 card uses. 15 players, decreasing by two per day/night cycle. So 15,13,11,09,07,05... powers should exist until the end of the game. I assume that in most cases players are going to use their card.

So, it'll be a bit of a wildcard game... Guess I need to be in.
Yeah, it should be interesting to see if players want to use the card just to use it or save it and hope someone else can use it more effectively. I may go mad modding though.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

At least it will be a short trip. :P
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Oh Kraegor is back.. Looks like Purge has some competition. Good to see you again Kraegor.. Was wondering if you would show up again.
I looked for the hidden "IN" in your post but couldn't find it. SO you are out?

Need at least one more.

Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Oh why the hell not. I'm a glutton for punishment. Besides I have to keep playing until I get a damned power role. I'm in a drought.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Re: WW Power cards (sign up)-Start Wed.-still have vacancies

Post by Lassr »

ok, still room for more to sign up but I will send out roles Tuesday night and try to start Wed.

With 13+ players I think 3 wolves would be right.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Re: WW Power cards (sign up)-Start Wed.-still have vacancies

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:ok, still room for more to sign up but I will send out roles Tuesday night and try to start Wed.

With 13+ players I think 3 wolves would be right.
3 Wolves...Got it. See everyone this is where I am getting 3 wolves from..If Lassr changes it to four later, I will have missed the post and still think it is 3.

Just covering my bases here... :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Re: WW Power cards (sign up)-Start Wed.-Last Call.

Post by Lassr »

Last call for anyone who wants to join.

Black Lives Matter
purge

Re: WW Power cards -Start Wed in other thread. CLOSED

Post by purge »

WAIT!

dammit.