Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Game Over

Post by Lassr »

A basic WW game with a Light Mage Seer and 3 Dark Mages plus a power card is dealt to each player each morning. Cannot keep it for more than a day. 1 use per card per day.

Cards: Once used up cards are discarded. Remaining cards are randomly redistributed each morning. If not used cards expire after lynch. Some powers, if used, carry over into the night phase (it will be noted in card info below).

Player must PM the MOD when they are playing a card. Cards are played in order by time they are received in Mods inbox. It is then considered used (exception: If Kaboom is played, all cards afterwards cannot be used. User will just be informed they cannot use the card). Village will not be notified of the user of a card nor how many uses remain for any card.

If you publicly state which card you have in some form that makes it obvious then you lose the ability to use the card. You are free to talk about your card after it is used/performs its function. You can talk about any card that was in your possession after the card leaves your hand. You are free to talk about strategy that can be used IF someone is in possession of a certain card.

1. 1 Extra Vote (once played cannot be removed, no notification to the village.) 3 uses.
2. Cancel 1 vote (once played, cannot be removed and player that voted cannot vote the same player that round again. No notification a vote is canceled is made to the village) 2 uses.
3. Free scan for player’s role. (May be played when a vote is placed against card holder). 1 use.
4. Escape lynching. (May be used if card holder is lynched). 1 use.
5. Resurrection! (Resurrect lynched player). 1 use.
6. Séance. (Communicate with the dead. Dead, chosen by card holder, may make one post in the game thread). 1 use.
7. Beyond the Grave (Communicate with the dead. 1 PM to chosen dead and 1 PM from the dead). 2 uses.
8. Who said that? (One anonymous PM to any player through the MOD) 3 uses.
9. Block scan. (Blocks all scan attempts during day) 2 uses.
10. Death! (Kill one player during the day if they have at least 1 vote against them). 1 use.
11. Shield! (Protects any one person against any kill attempt except lynching. Must be used before kill attempt. Effects carry over into the night). 3 uses.
12. I am Spartacus! (Your role will show Villager if scanned. Effects carry over into night). 2 uses.
13. Mortician (ID the role of a dead player). 2 uses.
14. Illumination (If lynched, play this card and get 1 scan of one of your lynchers . You will take this info to your grave). 2 uses.
15. Nuke’em From Orbit (If lynched play this card and one of your lynchers will die in your place. Card holders choice). 1 use.
16. Toss a dart (Choose 3 players that currently have votes against them and you will be told if those players contain at least 1 wolf.) 1 use.
17. Shut Up! (Play this card to mute 1 player for 24 hours of real time). 2 uses.
18. Mind’s Eye (1 scan for wolf or villager on player that has not cast a vote. May be used only after a majority has cast a vote). 1 use
19. Howdy Partner (may PM with 1 other person for 1 day cycle, card effects end at lynch). 5 uses.
20. Scramble (all votes placed against at least 3 players are redistributed randomly to those 3 players. If a majority is reached then a lynch occurs). 1 use.
21. Quantum Shift (if enough votes have been cast against more than 1 player to reach a majority on 1 player then votes will be redirected to player in the lead thus lynching the target. If a tie for the lead then card holder’s preference). 1 use.
22. Swipe (take the card from another player). 3 uses.
23. Swiper no swiping! (no power but if swiped by the swiper they get a useless card). 3 cards possibly in play. Unlimited.
24. Told Ya So! (If played before the lynch the cardholder's true identity will be revealed if he reaches N-1. Role of player announced by Mod). 1 use.
25. KaBoom! (All card powers blocked for the remainder of the day when this card is played). 1 use.
26. Right back at ‘cha! (Power effects carry over into the night. If killed by any means other than lynch then killer will die also). 2 uses.
27. I’ll take seconds! (Use this card to draw randomly 2 cards from the un-used card pile (not given out in random distribution that day). May use only 1 of the drawn cards, player’s choice.). 2 uses.
28. Reveal! (Reveal the cards of 3 chosen players to the card holder only). 2 uses.
29. Puppetmaster. (Card holder may type up any message and send to MOD and have MOD inform the target player that they must post this as a message on the board ASAP. No forced voting.). 5 uses.
30. Deadlines! (Play this card to set a deadline for the lynch vote. Choice of 24 hours or 48 hours from time card is played. Player with most votes is lynched at deadline, If tie then no lynch.) 2 uses.
31. A View from Heaven (Play this card and a dead player of your choice gets a free scan of a living player). 2 uses.
32. Daydreamer (No powers thus freeing your mind to roam to whatever subject you desire) 5 cards in play. Unlimited.
Last edited by Lassr on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 19 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-starts so

Post by Lassr »

1. Newcastle
2. BB2112
3. theohall
4. kraegor :D
5. Remus West
6. El Guapo
7. stessier
8. triggercut
9. Chaosraven
10. Qantaga
11. RMC
12. redrun
13. Mr. Bubbles
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Enlarge Image
Dark Mage Dominicus -49 years experience.
Born into the Steppinstone family. Parents wanted him to play sports, he chose wizardry. Killed his parents.

Enlarge Image
Dark Mage Lycoris -17 years experience.
Gamer as a child but grew bored with the make believe world. Ran away from home at age 13 and joined the Dark Mages.

Dark Mage Terric -Rookie
Wanted to become a doctor but kept turning his patients into a newt. His license was revoked and the Dark Mages invited him to join them.

Light Mage Ezkerra (Seer) - 62 years experience.
As a child was sent off to wizardry school at age 6. Became a master at age 16. Self proclaimed champion of 8 Dimensional Chess since he invented it and is the only known mage to be able to travel to the 8th dimension.

9 Villagers.
Going about your daily chores until you were forced into action.
Last edited by Lassr on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:15 am, edited 5 times in total.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

FAQ
Lassr wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Lassr, is there a deadline?
not unless someone plays the deadline card
2. Cancel 1 vote (once played, cannot be removed and player that voted cannot vote the same player that round again. No notification a vote is canceled is made to the village) 2 uses.

The vote will be shown in the records but the MOD will not count it in his numbers hidden from players. So the village will know it has been used if a majority is reached and no lynch happens.
Last edited by Lassr on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Roles rol

Post by bb2112 »

here
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
theohall

Post by theohall »

YES!!! I get to be the Darkest of the Dark Mages. :)
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

theohall wrote:YES!!! I get to be the Darkest of the Dark Mages. :)
Theo, I think you meant to post that in the hockey forum.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I am Cylon, obviously. Meatbags.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

He is a fan of the St. Louis Dark Mages team.

Meanwhile, I get to play my favorite role.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Really? I only get to play Grund's favorite role.
stessier

Post by stessier »

さあ
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

以降
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages

For centuries the Dark Mages have roamed the world subduing villages with their dark magic. And for centuries the Light Mages have battled to keep the world free.

Dark Mages saw free villages as plights of the land as they have witnessed over the years that a collection of free humans could never make sound decisions. Light Mages thought everyone should be free to make any decision no matter the consequences.

So the struggle has gone on for eons. Dark Mages would convert a village and Light Mages would cleanse a village. Sometimes the Mages would pay the ultimate price by death, but most often it was the villagers that paid with their lives.

Our story begins on the morning of the 450th year and 30th day of Darkness. The Dark Mage Order of Chaos was travelling to the village of Pippenshire to cast a spell to cloud their minds and bring them under the control of the Dark Mages when something unexpected happened.

As they entered the town square Terric cried out “Fizzle!”

The group stopped and looked at Terric. “What is troubling you?” asked Lycoris.

Embarrassed, Terric looks at Dominicus, “I, uh, was going over some spells in my head trying to master them when I thought of the one spell we should never think of.”

Dominicus rubs his temples, “You didn’t.”

“I did.”

“Fizzzle!” Dominicus and Lycoris blurt out at the same time.

They each look up to see clouds beginning to boil in the sky, they began to swirl as water in a drain. The Mages magic had been transferred to the astral plane and they were now powerless thanks to Terric. They could only access one power per day but so could the villagers. They could only regain their power by killing the villagers.
Terric would be severely punished, but only if he survived the coming days.

The villagers also began to notice the clouds, they knew what this sign meant, and most packed up and fled the village. But some remained because they knew it was an opportunity to eliminate another trio of Dark Mages.

As all 13 stood in the town center, small lights began falling from the clouds, like shooting stars, each striking a villager. Each villager was now empowered with a spell.

The battle was on.

Newcastle ----------
BB2112 ----------
theohall ----------
kraegor ----------
Remus West ----------
El Guapo ----------
stessier ----------
triggercut ----------
Chaosraven ----------
Qantaga ----------
RMC ----------
redrun ----------
Mr. Bubbles ----------

---------
----------
--------
----------
----------
----------

Majority = 7
Last edited by Lassr on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Day 1

Post by Chaosraven »

Don't make me use this...
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I get to vote against Austin right?

Right?!?!?
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
RMC

Post by RMC »

Are we all here then?

:mrgreen:
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
theohall

Post by theohall »

Must be since something magically appeared in that weird electronic mailbox thingy.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:The Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages

Hmmm, the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages...
theohall

Post by theohall »

I heard the only good Remus West is a dead Remus West somewhere, but the last time I heard that, it was from his evil partner. <scratches head>
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Sheesh, I try to help you guys and all I get is grief. :P
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

bb2112 wrote:Sheesh, I try to help you guys and all I get is grieflynched. :P
 bb2112 

"Where are you off to?"

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

theohall wrote:I heard the only good Remus West is a dead Remus West somewhere, but the last time I heard that, it was from his evil partner. <scratches head>
Evil or no, sage advice.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote:Hmmm, the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages...
Chaosraven wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Sheesh, I try to help you guys and all I get is grieflynched. :P
 bb2112 

That particular dance step looks chillingly familiar.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

triggercut wrote:
theohall wrote:I heard the only good Remus West is a dead Remus West somewhere, but the last time I heard that, it was from his evil partner. <scratches head>
Evil or no, sage advice.

Oh, so that's what it is. I thought it was "a good Remus is a live Remus." :doh:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

So who are all those people we planned to kill right away.. Who has the list?
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:So who are all those people we planned to kill right away.. Who has the list?
You have PM. Errr......I mean....you should already know.

Plus, I can get behind lynching bb2112 but maybe Chaosraven should go ahead and shoot him since he implied he has that type of card. Then if bb2112 turns up evil we have a good idea that Chaosraven is not. Plus, if bb2112 turns up good then I get to outlive him anyway which is always good and we could lynch CR for shooting him and I get to outlive them both. :mrgreen:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I have to say, this is a really nice village we live in. I do have one complaint though - there is way too much light in my house. Is there anyone here that could help me with that?
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Mr Bubbles wrote:So who are all those people we planned to kill right away.. Who has the list?
Let's see... Remus and bb2112 for last game. Remus for the prior game.

That's as far as my list goes.
"Where are you off to?"

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:

So, should we compromise and start with Remus? Then he can't laugh about outliving either one of us.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:

So, should we compromise and start with Remus? Then he can't laugh about outliving either one of us.
Well you vote for him and let's see what everyone else wants to do.
"Where are you off to?"

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

No, been down that road too many games. Nobody will join in, and you know it. People have some weird aversion to lynching Remus that I don't fully understand.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

bb2112 wrote:No, been down that road too many games. Nobody will join in, and you know it. People have some weird aversion to lynching Remus that I don't fully understand.
which is weird, since they can't see his face and that wide eyed innocent "who, me?" look.
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle ----------
BB2112 ----------
theohall ----------
kraegor ----------
Remus West ----------
El Guapo ----------
stessier ----------
triggercut ----------
Chaosraven ---------- bb2112
Qantaga ----------
RMC ----------
redrun ----------
Mr. Bubbles ----------
bb2112 1 --------- Chaosraven
----------
--------
----------
----------
----------

Majority = 7

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr, is there a deadline?
theohall

Post by theohall »

Okay where are....

kraegor 

withdraw kraegor 

RMC 

withdraw RMC 

and

stessier 

(Accusations in alphabetical order - nothing more).
redrun

Post by redrun »

Lassr wrote:
1. 1 Extra Vote (once played cannot be removed, no notification to the village) 3 uses.
3. Free scan for player’s role. (May be played when a vote is placed against card holder). 1 use.
4. Escape lynching. (May be used if card holder is lynched). 1 use.
5. Resurrection! (Resurrect lynched player). 1 use.
6. Séance. (Communicate with the dead. Dead, chosen by card holder, may make one post in the game thread). 1 use.
7. Beyond the Grave (Communicate with the dead. 1 PM to chosen dead and 1 PM from the dead). 2 uses.
8. Who said that? (One anonymous PM to any player through the MOD) 3 uses.
9. Block scan. (Blocks all scan attempts during day) 2 uses.
10. Death! (Kill one player during the day if they have at least 1 vote against them). 1 use.
11. Shield! (Protects against any kill attempt except lynching. Must be used before kill attempt. Effects carry over into the night). 3 uses.
12. I am Spartacus! (Your role will show Villager if scanned. Effects carry over into night). 2 uses.
13. Mortician (ID the role of a dead player). 2 uses.
14. Illumination (If lynched, play this card and get 1 scan of one of your lynchers . You will take this info to your grave). 2 uses.
15. Nuke’em From Orbit (If lynched play this card and one of your lynchers will die in your place. Card holders choice). 1 use.
16. Toss a dart (Choose 3 players that currently have votes against them and you will be told if those players contain at least 1 wolf.) 1 use.
17. Shut Up! (Play this card to mute 1 player for 24 hours of real time). 2 uses.
18. Mind’s Eye (1 scan for wolf or villager on player that has not cast a vote. May be used only after a majority has cast a vote). 1 use
19. Howdy Partner (may PM with 1 other person for 1 day cycle, card effects end at lynch). 5 uses.
20. Scramble (all votes placed against at least 3 players are redistributed randomly to those 3 players. If a majority is reached then a lynch occurs). 1 use.
21. Quantum Shift (if enough votes have been cast against more than 1 player to reach a majority on 1 player then votes will be redirected to player in the lead thus lynching the target. If a tie for the lead then card holder’s preference). 1 use.
22. Swipe (take the card from another player). 3 uses.
23. Swiper no swiping! (no power but if swiped by the swiper they get a useless card). 3 cards possibly in play. Unlimited.
24. Told Ya So! (If played before the lynch the cardholder's true identity will be revealed if he reaches N-1. Role of player announced by Mod). 1 use.
25. KaBoom! (All card powers blocked for the remainder of the day when this card is played). 1 use.
26. Right back at ‘cha! (Power effects carry over into the night. If killed by any means other than lynch then killer will die also). 2 uses.
27. I’ll take seconds! (Use this card to draw randomly 2 cards from the un-used card pile (not given out in random distribution that day). May use only 1 of the drawn cards, player’s choice.). 2 uses.
28. Reveal! (Reveal the cards of 3 chosen players to the card holder only). 2 uses.
29. Puppetmaster. (Card holder may type up any message and send to MOD and have MOD inform the target player that they must post this as a message on the board ASAP). 5 uses.
30. Deadlines! (Play this card to set a deadline for the lynch vote. Choice of 24 hours or 48 hours from time card is played. Player with most votes is lynched at deadline, If tie then no lynch.) 2 uses.
31. A View from Heaven (Play this card and a dead player of your choice gets a free scan of a living player). 2 uses.
32. Daydreamer (No powers thus freeing your mind to roam to whatever subject you desire) 5 cards in play. Unlimited.
What the above sez to me:

I assume that any card that doesn't state it reveals the user can be used without revealing the user. So, there is a little instant death, vote changes, some scanning, a fair bit of 'get out of a lynch' (sometimes redirecting the lynch or votes), powers for the dead (mostly knowledge for the dead or dying), talking with or resurrection of the dead, card stealing/block.

With the number of vote redirects and 'get out of a lynch' cards I expect they'll cause folks to want voting to happen, so as to change the results.

Dead men will tell tales.

Plans will change as cards are stolen or blocked.

I have no idea how this game is going to play out.
Sufficient I am to the day.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:Lassr, is there a deadline?
not unless someone plays the deadline card

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:No, been down that road too many games. Nobody will join in, and you know it. People have some weird aversion to lynching Remus that I don't fully understand.
Oh no?

Remus West 

Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

welcome back !
 kraeggor 

you're sunny, warm, friendly, happy go-lucky, and nurturing personality were dearly missed.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle ---------- kraegor
BB2112 ----------
theohall ---------- stessier
kraegor ----------
Remus West ----------
El Guapo ---------- Remus West
stessier ----------
triggercut ----------
Chaosraven ---------- bb2112
Qantaga ----------
RMC ----------
redrun ----------
Mr. Bubbles ----------
bb2112 1 --------- Chaosraven
stessier 1 ---------- theohall
Remus West 1 -------- El Guapo
kraegor 1 ---------- Newcastle
----------
----------

Majority = 7

Black Lives Matter