Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

theohall

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Day 4

Post by theohall »

Constancy in staying with a single vote can be considered an indication of wolfitude. Time for a generalization: The only players certain in these games are Seers, irt those they have scanned, and Wolves. Yes, there are different powers in play in this game, but that base idea is still the same.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

theohall wrote:Constancy in staying with a single vote can be considered an indication of wolfitude. Time for a generalization: The only players certain in these games are Seers, irt those they have scanned, and Wolves. Yes, there are different powers in play in this game, but that base idea is still the same.
:lol: So newcastle is the least likely wolf in the village.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

The only players certain in these games are Seers, irt those they have scanned, and Wolves.
And really? How many seers have been lynched? How many wolf seers have survived to win a game?

By what metric does one avoid looking wolfish? minimum 3 vote swaps per day perhaps? You've got all these certainties of what constitutes a wolf. I bet you never miss. Just the bestest most prolific wolf catcher of them all! :wub:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

theohall wrote:Constancy in staying with a single vote can be considered an indication of wolfitude.
Translation: "I've moved votes around like crazy, therefore please don't vote for me."
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
theohall

Post by theohall »

Kraegor wrote:
The only players certain in these games are Seers, irt those they have scanned, and Wolves.
And really? How many seers have been lynched? How many wolf seers have survived to win a game?

By what metric does one avoid looking wolfish? minimum 3 vote swaps per day perhaps? You've got all these certainties of what constitutes a wolf. I bet you never miss. Just the bestest most prolific wolf catcher of them all! :wub:
did you read the word "generalization"? I guess not. Does not mean it is always true, but wolves have been caught for being overly certain before.
triggercut

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Day 1

Post by triggercut »

Lassr wrote:Newcastle ---------- kraegor ----- Qantaga ----- redrun ----- Chaosraven ----- Newcastle ----- stessier ----- Chaosraven ----- stessier ----- Chaosraven
BB2112 ---------- Remus West ----- Remus West. ----- Newcastle ----- Mr. Bubbles ----- Remus West ----- ----- ----- -----
theohall ---------- stessier ----- Chasoraven ----- RMC ----- Chaosraven ----- redrun ----- Chaosraven ----- stessier ----- RMC ----- Chaosraven
kraegor ---------- Remus West ----- Chasoraven ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
Remus West ---------- bb2112 ----- redrun ----- Chaosraven ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
El Guapo ---------- Remus West ----- kraegor ----- RMC ----- Mr. Bubbles ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
stessier ---------- Mr. Bubbles ----- RMC ----- redrun ----- Mr. Bubbles ----- RMC ----- Chaosraven ----- ----- -----
triggercut ---------- El Guapo ----- Remus West ----- RMC ----- Mr. Bubbles ----- Chaosraven ----- ----- ----- -----
Chaosraven ---------- bb2112 ----- redrun ----- Mr. Bubbles ----- stessier ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
Qantaga ---------- theohall ----- stessier ----- Newcastle ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
RMC ---------- Remus West ----- Mr. Bubbles ----- Remus West ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
redrun ---------- Qantaga ----- Chasoraven ----- Newcastle ----- Chaosraven ----- stessier ----- ----- ----- -----
Mr. Bubbles ---------- Chaosraven ----- stessier ----- Chaosraven ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
Chaosraven -7 ---------- kraegor, triggercut, theohall, Mr. Bubbles, Newcastle, stessier, Remus West
Remus West -2 ---------- bb2112, RMC
stessier -1 ---------- redrun
Mr. Bubbles -1 -------- El Guapo
---------
Newcastle -1 ---------- Qantaga
----------
----------

Majority = 7 Voting Closed
Or....moving your vote around--or staying constant--might not mean much at all.... (Corrected an error in the original post to reflect Remus changing his vote off of redrun and placing it on CR to close the voting.)
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

theohall wrote:
did you read the word "generalization"? I guess not. Does not mean it is always true, but wolves have been caught for being overly certain before.
You also realize that with that form of generalization eventually everything is true? What's the saying? On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Day 4
BB2112 ----- stessier -----
theohall ----- kraegor -----
kraegor ----- theohall ----- stessier
stessier ----- RMC ----- kraegor
triggercut ----- theohall ----- RMC
RMC ----- stessier ----- kraegor
kraegor -3 ----- theohall, stessier,RMC
stessier -2 ----- bb2112, kraegor
RMC -1 ----- triggercut
-----

Majority = 4
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Ugh. I kind of feel like RMC really is a wolf. I really do.

But we're not getting anywhere with that.

theohall's made so many suspicious plays...but if he's a wolf, he's set us up really nicely with some long plays that took forever to develop.

stessier's logic and soundness have sure seemed to be village-y. I guess I'm not understanding the vote there.

And so it comes to this in my thinking. bb2112 is like 95% proven. If I were a wolf, I'd follow his vote if he put it on a villager. Especially if he put it on a villager noted for playing well. Like stessier. Hiding in plain sight.

Taking that, and adding it to other voting anomalies with Kraegor, I guess I'll moo along with the herd here and hope we're right.

Kraegor 

I don't feel real strongly about this, but he's my second suspect after RMC. Here's hoping we celebrate!
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Nope.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

theohall's made so many suspicious plays...but if he's a wolf, he's set us up really nicely with some long plays that took forever to develop.
Us? :lol:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Kraegor wrote:
Us? :lol:
Yes. Us.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Just got home. I was going to drop the last vote on Kraegor if Trig didn't.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

:shock: Do you think we bored Lassr to death???
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote::shock: Do you think we bored Lassr to death???
almost.

Sorry, had meetings this afternoon then straight to soccer practice
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Day 4
BB2112 ----- stessier -----
theohall ----- kraegor -----
kraegor ----- theohall ----- stessier
stessier ----- RMC ----- kraegor
triggercut ----- theohall ----- RMC ----- kraegor
RMC ----- stessier ----- kraegor
kraegor -4 ----- theohall, stessier, RMC. Triggercut
stessier -2 ----- bb2112, kraegor
-----
-----

Majority = 4 Voting closed

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

“Wtfbbqsauce!” Kraegor stomped his feet and walked in circles. “You are all clueless. Theohall is practically dry humping you like a horny mutt and you guys are off on all kinds of tangents. Let me cast my invisible votes here!”

Stessier turns to triggercut, “What the hell is he talking about?”

“I don’t know, he’s off on one of his rants. Just sit back and enjoy it.”

RMC snickers, “Watch this.” Rmc announces, “I vote kraegor.”

Kraegor rasies his arms into the arm, “Fizzle! There must be some side betting going on here. Come on who’s going to win the pot and cast that last vote! You guys should be following my vote. It’s like cement, it is solid!”

Theohall leans over to triggercut, “What is cement?”

“I don’t know. Let’s put him out of his misery. “I vote kraegor.”

The vote had reached 4 but the Mage Stone did nothing. “I think we’ve bored it to sleep.”

Kraegor turns to walk away, “You guys are idiots. Sweet Mage Stone take me now!”

With that the Mage Stone strikes out and hits kraegor. He falls to the ground; a short while later a white mist rises and dissipates into the air. Kraegor was not a Dark Mage.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Night 4

Post by Remus West »

:binky:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote::binky:
+1
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Yeah thanks, badguys.

I wasn't totally sold on Kraegor, but I hoped.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Well that sucked. We have to nail the wolf tomorrow. :(
RMC

Post by RMC »

Bummer...That was not what I had hoped at all..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

As the villagers gather on the fifth day everyone knew instantly who was the victim of the Mage last night. BB2112’s limp body, hanging out his side window with a large pool of blood puddled on the ground below him, was clearly visible from where they stood. This had to end today!

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Day 5
theohall -----
stessier -----
triggercut -----
RMC -----
-----
-----
-----
-----

Majority = 3

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Day 3

Post by stessier »

stessier wrote:Here is my matrix - we sure don't know very much.
Person....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
Newcastle....Day 1....****....Day 3....
bb2112Told Ya So....Day 2....Daydreamer
theohallSeconds/Free Scan/Swipe....Day 2....Puppetmaster
Kraegor....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
Remus....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
El GuapoDeadline....Day 2....Escape Lynch
stessierMorticianNo Swiping....Day 3....
trig....Day 1....DaydreamerScramble
Chaos....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
Qantaga....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
RMCHowdy Partner....Day 2....View From Heaven
redrunMind's EyeSwipe....Day 3....
Mr Bubbles....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
Red Text means the card was not played.
Blue Text means the card was played.

Notes
  1. Theo used Free Scan on bb2112
  2. redrun used Mind's Eye on Qantaga
  3. RMC PM'd El Guapo with Howdy Partner (I'm guessing this is true as they were able to identify each other so not the blind PM)
  4. Newcastle had No Card when redrun tried to Swipe from him on Day 2.
  5. redrun tried to Swipe from Newcastle on Day 2.
  6. Someone played the Death! card on Qantaga.
  7. RMC played View from Heaven on Bubbles
  8. Theo played Puppetmaster on Remus
So RMC theoretically played View From Heaven on Bubbles. For a wolf to do that, they had to know that the Seance card was no longer available or else they risked getting caught.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
RMC

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Day 5

Post by RMC »

I played my card and it allows my to dream about the day. :) (Unlimited uses to do nothing at all)

My day 2 card was Quantum SHift and I did not get to play it as the lynch occurred prior to my being able to play it.
And my Day 4 card was mortician, which confirmed Mr. Bubbles was the seer.

So that card it out there..So we need to be careful in case the wolf gets that card. If we vote for each other(Both villagers) and the wolf plays that card, we could lose the game.

Maybe we should all come forward with what all our cards were.. It might help to see what we have had to work with.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
RMC

Post by RMC »

I mean Quantum Shift is out there, and has not been played. So we might want to watch out for it.

Silly English is hard..
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Can't say that I'm particularly surprised by that. More surprised that bb2112 lasted as long as he did.
theohall

Post by theohall »

I played the "Told Ya So!" card today. The issue - Getting to N-1 proves me, but if one of the votes does not get withdrawn quickly enough, the wolf swoops in and kills me. A suggestion - I self-vote, then one of you votes and immediately withdraws the vote in the following post.

The wolf is either stessier or RMC, I think. If it is triggercut, he has done an excellent job setting up the long con.

The problem is sorting between RMC and stessier, because they both have similar issues with voting.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Hmm.

It's a pretty scary proposition, theo, if you're a villager. You're essentially risking all our fates here. The safest way to play it might be to have someone else put the first vote on you, and then you prepare an accuse and withdraw post on yourself in separate windows or tabs and post them one after another.

Even so--and you'd likely beat any other wolf to it--what if there were cards that caused voting shenanigans? It's a high risk, high reward kind of play, frankly.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I've been telling Lassr for the last two game days - I think trig is the wolf.

And my card sucks - again.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
RMC

Post by RMC »

triggercut wrote:Hmm.

It's a pretty scary proposition, theo, if you're a villager. You're essentially risking all our fates here. The safest way to play it might be to have someone else put the first vote on you, and then you prepare an accuse and withdraw post on yourself in separate windows or tabs and post them one after another.

Even so--and you'd likely beat any other wolf to it--what if there were cards that caused voting shenanigans? It's a high risk, high reward kind of play, frankly.
I agree with Triggercut. There is only one wolf, so let someone put the first vote on you. And then you do the second on yourself.

Heck can't you put the accuse and withdraw in the same post? What is the rule for when a vote is counted..As soon as you vote, and if you take it away in the same post, you would only have a millisecond(impossible except for a conditional pm to the mod) to be hosed.

However... I just looked at the cards...This might be a bad idea:

Cads that can hose this: (I think I have all of them)

1. 1 Extra Vote (once played cannot be removed, no notification to the village.) 3 uses.
21. Quantum Shift (if enough votes have been cast against more than 1 player to reach a majority on 1 player then votes will be redirected to player in the lead thus lynching the target. If a tie for the lead then card holder’s preference). 1 use.
22. Swipe (take the card from another player). 3 uses.
25. KaBoom! (All card powers blocked for the remainder of the day when this card is played). 1 use.

And I guess we need to ask Lassr if you can put in a conditional PM that says: Vote X player when they reach N-1.

If you can do the above, then we can't do this, as it would mean we would auto lose.

<shrug> As long as the above can't happen, then I am all for doing this to establish you as a proven.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Heck can't you put the accuse and withdraw in the same post? What is the rule for when a vote is counted..As soon as you vote, and if you take it away in the same post, you would only have a millisecond(impossible except for a conditional pm to the mod) to be hosed.
My rule is I only count the last vote in a post. If there are several votes and withdrawals in one post only the last one counts.

And I guess we need to ask Lassr if you can put in a conditional PM that says: Vote X player when they reach N-1.

If I understand you correctly then No I cannot place the vote for you because of a conditional PM.
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

RMC wrote:1. 1 Extra Vote (once played cannot be removed, no notification to the village.) 3 uses.
This one is a problem.
21. Quantum Shift (if enough votes have been cast against more than 1 player to reach a majority on 1 player then votes will be redirected to player in the lead thus lynching the target. If a tie for the lead then card holder’s preference). 1 use.
This shouldn't be a problem.
22. Swipe (take the card from another player). 3 uses.
This can't be a problem
25. KaBoom! (All card powers blocked for the remainder of the day when this card is played). 1 use.
This was stolen and theoretically played yesterday.
theohall

Post by theohall »

All of the scary propositions are exactly why I have not done anything.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

And then there's the mayhem card: Cancel One Vote.

I can't be the only person who noticed that, right?
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Heh, of course, we put two visible votes on theo and wait a bit and nothing happens--and we confirm Lassr around to see that--then we know that Cancel One Vote or not, theo's lying about the card he holds and is a wolf.

So...Cancel One Vote is not as particularly mayhem-y as I thought.
theohall

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Day 3

Post by theohall »

stessier wrote:
stessier wrote:Here is my matrix - we sure don't know very much.
Person....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
Newcastle....Day 1....****....Day 3....
bb2112Told Ya So....Day 2....Daydreamer
theohallSeconds/Free Scan/Swipe....Day 2....Puppetmaster
Kraegor....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
Remus....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
El GuapoDeadline....Day 2....Escape Lynch
stessierMorticianNo Swiping....Day 3....
trig....Day 1....DaydreamerScramble
Chaos....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
Qantaga....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
RMCHowdy Partner....Day 2....View From Heaven
redrunMind's EyeSwipe....Day 3....
Mr Bubbles....Day 1........Day 2........Day 3....
Red Text means the card was not played.
Blue Text means the card was played.

Notes
  1. Theo used Free Scan on bb2112
  2. redrun used Mind's Eye on Qantaga
  3. RMC PM'd El Guapo with Howdy Partner (I'm guessing this is true as they were able to identify each other so not the blind PM)
  4. Newcastle had No Card when redrun tried to Swipe from him on Day 2.
  5. redrun tried to Swipe from Newcastle on Day 2.
  6. Someone played the Death! card on Qantaga.
  7. RMC played View from Heaven on Bubbles
  8. Theo played Puppetmaster on Remus
So RMC theoretically played View From Heaven on Bubbles. For a wolf to do that, they had to know that the Seance card was no longer available or else they risked getting caught.
Really??? That seems like a serious reach. This post makes me doubt you more than RMC.
6. Séance. (Communicate with the dead. Dead, chosen by card holder, may make one post in the game thread). 1 use.
31. A View from Heaven (Play this card and a dead player of your choice gets a free scan of a living player). 2 uses.
Explain exactly how A View from Heaven communicating with a confirmed Seer makes Séance some kind of threat. Both require communication with dead of a player's choice.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Forgot to add... Seance does not confirm anyone's identity at all. It is nothing more than a commune with the Dead card.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

theohall wrote:Forgot to add... Seance does not confirm anyone's identity at all. It is nothing more than a commune with the Dead card.
There are two cards that let us theoretically talk to dead people.

On card, Talk To The Dead, allows a player to PM with a dead player. That player communicating with the dead can post the contents of that PM here....but we're sort of taking it on faith that what is reported is accurate.

The other card is the Seance card. The Seance card lets a dead player actually communicate in the thread. That dead player can make one post in the thread to say whatever.

Now then. Seance doesn't necessarily confirm anyone's identity...but considering that the Seance would likely be played on Mr Bubbles, and that Mr B had one scan before dying (probably of Remus, but who knows?) and possibly one after dying (if RMC did indeed play the View From Heaven card) then it could indeed prove something, perhaps. What would confirm a player's identity to me would be if they played the Seance card and had someone who wasn't Mr. Bubbles post something.

Which reminds me. Did everyone note this:
and this
Newcastle wrote:
+1
up the page a bit?

The timing would be way, way off, (I don't know about everyone else, but I didn't get my own card for today until about 12 hours after that exchange, so maybe I'm fretting over nothing) but I sure hope one of those wasn't a Seance message from the last wolf burning that card from play.