Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Day 5

Post by stessier »

theohall wrote:I think I have figured out stessier's antagonism. He is the last wolf and has the following card which will guarantee him the win.
15. Nuke’em From Orbit (If lynched play this card and one of your lynchers will die in your place. Card holders choice). 1 use.
Let's find out, since it does not appear we can stop it.

stessier 

You just don't get it, do you? You look for reasons to justify your world view rather than trying to discern the world. Kraegor went zen and you got more and more convinced it was him. I yell to get your attention and you are more convinced it is me. There is no winning - particularly for the Village with your current vote.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

theohall wrote:
stessier wrote:Incidentally, I'm not dead. I'm assuming - Lassr has been by and all.

That means we don't have to worry about the overvote card. We could have actually tested theo's Told Ya So safely today. Huh.
You are not dead, because there are only two votes on you. RMC has not voted. This makes the wolf you or triggercut. As stated before, an RMC-wolf would have already cast the killing vote.
Your reading comprehension is a sight to behold.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
theohall

Post by theohall »

stessier wrote:
theohall wrote:I think I have figured out stessier's antagonism. He is the last wolf and has the following card which will guarantee him the win.
15. Nuke’em From Orbit (If lynched play this card and one of your lynchers will die in your place. Card holders choice). 1 use.

stessier 

You just don't get it, do you? You look for reasons to justify your world view rather than trying to discern the world. Kraegor went zen and you got more and more convinced it was him. I yell to get your attention and you are more convinced it is me. There is no winning - particularly for the Village with your current vote.
Kraegor cast doubt on me the entire game and did not go "zen" for quite awhile - especially on the last day. You seem to have gone ballistic when my vote was still in doubt between you and RMC. I have to wonder why, when I still had doubt. Your actions removed my doubt.
stessier

Post by stessier »

theohall wrote:
stessier wrote:

stessier 

Kraegor cast doubt on me the entire game and did not go "zen" for quite awhile - especially on the last day. You seem to have gone ballistic when my vote was still in doubt between you and RMC. I have to wonder why, when I still had doubt. Your actions removed my doubt.
Sooo...I saw it was between myself and RMC and I worked to clear RMC - knowing I needed two Villagers to agree with me? Very, very wolfy of me.

Look at the Chaos vote - newcastle, Remus and I were the last 3. Really, 3 wolves dogpiled to end it on Day 1?
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I believe stessier's at n-1 with theohall's vote.

I'm not quite ready to go there yet.

Withdraw stessier 

I would like to think about it for a moment.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
stessier

Post by stessier »

And theo, that was the most Zen game Kraegor has ever played. He only got mildly irritated once. You might have felt bad because he kept pointing to you, but he was certainly not Grouchy Kraegor.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The tension in the air was thick. Name calling and insults started flying showing the frustration that was building up.

Triggercut was the first to act casting a vote against stessier then stessier retaliated with a vote. Theohall spoke up and sent the vote count to two against stessier.

Stessier spoke up, “I’m not dead yet, we still have time to get this right.”

Triggercut thought about and decided stessier was right. “I’m not so sure of my vote so I…”

At that moment the Mage Stone came to life. A bolt shot out and hit stessier. A look of shock came over everyone’s face as stessier fell to the ground dead.

RMC screamed at the Stone, “What the Fizzle? That’s two vote you dumbass rock!” RMC picks up the stone and starts shaking it, “Piece of shit is broken! That was only…” A powerful shock emits from the stone causing RMC to convulse and drop the stone. RMC falls back to the ground and lands on his butt, staring at nothing in a daze.

Theohall looks at stessier's body, “I don’t know what just happened but let’s see what stessier is.” They did not have long to wait as a white mist forms above his body. Stessier was NOT a Dark Mage.

Day 4
theohall ----- stessier
stessier ----- triggercut
triggercut ----- stessier
RMC -----
stessier -3 ----- triggercut, theohall, ???
triggercut -1 ----- stessier
-----
-----

Majority = 3
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

stessier wrote:And theo, that was the most Zen game Kraegor has ever played. He only got mildly irritated once. You might have felt bad because he kept pointing to you, but he was certainly not Grouchy Kraegor.
Day 4 he was grouchy.
theohall

Post by theohall »

stessier wrote: Sooo...I saw it was between myself and RMC and I worked to clear RMC - knowing I needed two Villagers to agree with me? Very, very wolfy of me.

Look at the Chaos vote - newcastle, Remus and I were the last 3. Really, 3 wolves dogpiled to end it on Day 1?
So you attempt to "clear yourself" by antagonizing someone you want to agree with you?? Want kind of logic is that?
theohall

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Night 5

Post by theohall »

And it looks like Congratulations will be handed out to triggercut. :doh: :oops:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

theohall wrote:And it looks like Congratulations will be handed out to triggercut. :doh: :oops:
Not I, thanks.

And we're still alive, actually. I had the Shield card and played it. I'm not saying on whom I used it, either.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Day 6

Triggercut rounds the corner of a row of huts and spots RMC walking toward the town square also. As they meet they stare at each other realizing they were the last two. A cloud of smoke envelopes them.

When the smoke clears RMC is laying on the ground grasping his throat as blood pours from it. Triggercut looks down and smiles. All his powers should return soon now that the last Villager is dying.
“Thankfully my years as an alchemist paid off.” He says as he tosses the extra smoke bomb away as it is no longer needed. It pops and a cloud of smoke rises.

With one last gasp RMC dies. The clouds begin to swirl and a black beam hits Dominicus Triggercut. Your magic has returned. You turn to leave the village. The conversion was a failure but at least you survived to try again somewhere else. But first you need a new apprentice and another rookie trainee. Hopefully this one would not be so careless.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Game Over

Post by Lassr »

Cards
Spoiler:
Day 1 cards
Newcastle ---------- Reveal
BB2112 ---------- Told Ya So!
theohall ---------- I'll take seconds
theohall ---------- Free scan
theohall ---------- Swipe
kraegor ---------- A view from heaven
Remus West ---------- Shield!
El Guapo ---------- Deadlines!
stessier ---------- Mortician
triggercut ---------- Nuke'em from orbit
Chaosraven ---------- daydreamer
Qantaga ---------- swiper no swiping
RMC ---------- Howdy Partner
redrun ---------- Mind's eye
Mr. Bubbles ---------- Beyond the grave

Day 2
Newcastle ---------- Deadlines
BB2112 ---------- I am Spartacus
theohall ---------- Shut up!
kraegor ---------- Daydreamer
Remus West ---------- Death
El Guapo ---------- Extra Vote
stessier ---------- Swiper no swiping
triggercut ---------- Daydreamer
Qantaga ---------- Shield!
RMC ---------- Quantum Shift
redrun ---------- Swipe

Day 3
BB2112 ---------- Daydreamer
theohall ---------- Puppetmaster
kraegor ---------- Daydreamer
Remus West ---------- Swiper no swiping
El Guapo ---------- Escape lynching
stessier ---------- Illumination
triggercut ---------- Scramble
RMC ---------- A view from Heaven

Day 4
BB2112 ---------- Kaboom!
theohall ---------- Daydreamer
kraegor ---------- extra vote
stessier ---------- swiper no swiping
triggercut ---------- swipe
triggercut ---------- Kaboom!
RMC ---------- Mortician

Day 5
theohall ---------- Told Ya So!
stessier ---------- Swiper No Swiping
triggercut ---------- Extra Vote
RMC ---------- Daydreamer
ROLES
1. Newcastle 13 13 evil mage terric
2. BB2112 4 4 villager
3. theohall 7 7 villager
4. kraegor 6 6 villager
5. Remus West 12 12 evil mage Lycoris
6. El Guapo 3 3 villager
7. stessier 2 2 villager
8. triggercut 11 11 evil mage Dominicus
9. Chaosraven 8 8 villager
10. Qantaga 5 5 villager
11. RMC 10 10 villager
12. redrun 9 9 villager
13. Mr. Bubbles 1 1 Seer Ezkerra
Last edited by Lassr on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages
Spoiler:
For centuries the Dark Mages have roamed the world subduing villages with their dark magic. And for centuries the Light Mages have battled to keep the world free.
Dark Mages saw free villages as plights on the land as they have witnessed over the years that a collection of free humans could never make sound decisions. Light Mages thought everyone should be free to make any decision no matter the consequences.
So the struggle has gone on for eons. Dark Mages would convert a village and Light Mages would cleanse a village. Sometimes the Mages would pay the ultimate price by death, but most often it was the villagers that paid with their lives.
Our story begins on the morning of the 450th year and 30th day of Darkness. The Dark Mage Order of Chaos was travelling to the village of Pippenshire to cast a spell to cloud their minds and bring them under the control of the Dark Mages when something unexpected happened.
As they entered the town square Terric cried out “Fizzle!”
The group stopped and looked at Terric. “What is troubling you?” asked Lycoris.
Embarrassed, Terric looks at Dominicus, “I, uh, was going over some spells in my head trying to master them when I thought of the one spell we should never think of.”
Dominicus rubs his temples, “You didn’t.”
“I did.”
“Fizzzle!” Dominicus and Lycoris blurt out at the same time.
They each look up to see clouds beginning to boil in the sky, they began to swirl as water in a drain. The Mages magic had been transferred to the astral plane and they were now powerless thanks to Terric. They could only access one power per day but so could the villagers. They could only regain their power by killing the villagers.
Terric would be severely punished, but only if he survived the coming days.
The villagers also began to notice the clouds, they knew what this sign meant, and most packed up and fled the village. But some remained because they knew it was an opportunity to eliminate another trio of Dark Mages.
As all 13 stood in the town center, small lights began falling from the clouds, like shooting stars, each striking a villager. Each villager was now empowered with a spell.
The battle was on.

Theohall uses free scan
You think about the hand you were dealt by the Gods of magic and decide to use your granted power to scan BB2112. Who calls themselves by a number anyhow? It may be some secret dark mage ritual. The spell only requires you to think the magic word, the word which instantly came to you when you were struck by the bolt from above.
The word is in some language you are unfamiliar with but it comes naturally as you think “Fluxurrugaruga BB2112.” A booming voice fills your head. “VILLAGER!”
Not the outcome you expected but nice to know.

redrun uses Mind’s Eye
The spell you were dealt today helped identify people hiding behind no votes, ones trying not to draw attention to thyself. You decide it’s best to use this power now. All you had to do was think the magic word. The word was in some language you had no recollection of but after you were hit by the light from the clouds it all was very clear in your mind.
“Sizi-ohma Qantaga.” A booming voice enters your head, “VILLAGER!”

Newcastle uses Reveal
The moment Terric fizzed up, your memory of spells was erased. The one spell you received back was reveal. You think of the enchanted words written in a forgotten language, “Rovo-morkis redrun, RMC, El Guapo.”
You instantly hear a voice in your head, “Redrun-Mind’s Eye. RMC-Howdy Partner. El Guapo-Deadlines.”

Decision-Day 1
The Mage Stone sat on the table for hours as the villagers debated whom to test. It showed no activity, no judgment, nothing. It was impartial. But when the majority vote was cast against Chaosraven it acted. A bolt of energy shot out from the stone striking Chaosraven in the chest. He did not have time to react. Like a stone, he dropped dead to the ground.
Within minutes a white aura appeared above his body and drifted away. A loud maon escaped the villagers lips. Chaosraven was not a Dark Mage.

Night time:
Seer: Who will you scan?
Dark Mages: Who will you kill?

Scan Remus West
Whatever idiot in the Dark Mage trio that accidentally vanquished your powers, it was of no concern for you now. You are Mr. Ezkerra Bubbles, master of the 8th Dimension. No one could touch you there. So you would use the 8th dimension to access your seer powers that were lost in the dimension were everyone else resides.
You prep your mind and begin the enchantment. An hour later you have traveled through the astral plane and have broken through the 7th dimension and you are alone in the 8th dimension. You instantly start looking for Remus West’s aura and it doesn’t take long to find his dark mass. Yep, he is a dark mage. As you come to this conclusion, you fill a small prick of energy that disconnects you from your body. In confusion you search for your body and find a dying white light in its place.
Fizzle! Your mind was protected in the 8th dimension but your body was still vulnerable! Your body is dead and your consciousness is stuck here alone.

You are dead.

Dark Mages kill Mr. Bubbles
The day looked bleak early this morning but as the day progressed you saw many doors open and when Mr. Bubbles announced his real name was Ezkerra then hope soared within your group. If he was truly Ezkerra you could strike a huge blow against this village.
If only that idiot Terric had not banished your powers this would be a lot easier. You grab a blow gun and poison dart and sneak out to find Mr. Bubbles hut.
It doesn’t take long as the 3rd window you peak in you see him sitting In the floor staring at the wall. You slowly pull back the curtain and raise the blow gun. Your fire the dart; It strikes him in the cheek and sticks but he does not move. A minute later his body falls over. Satisfied you return to the group and inform them of his death.

Day 2
At the break of dawn the village arises to the sounds of the roosters crowing. They gather in the town square and it is rather obvious who was missing. Mr. Bubbles was not amongst the crowd.
Kraegor goes to his hut and returns rather quickly, ‘The fizzle head idiot is dead.”

Deadline used
As the villagers prepared breakfast, they were all quiet but looking suspiciously at each other wondering if their friend or neighbor could actually be a Dark Mage.
As redrun was boiling some coffee over a fire he noticed his shadow begin to move. He stood up and turned to face the sun. He cupped his hands around his eyes and glanced into the sky. The sun was moving…quickly.
Others began to notice also.
Newcastle watches his shadow creep along the ground. “The minutes seem to be advancing at an increased rate. I’d say 5 times faster.”
Remus West speaks up, “More like 6 times faster.”
Stessier, “No, no. It can’t be that fast. 3 times maybe.”
An argument begins about the speed of the day when RMC shouts, “Would you shut up! The important thing is we now do not have much time to vote. Obviously someone cast a Deadline spell. The stone we take the villager with a majority when the sun sets.”
Village you have 25 hours.
Swipe!
You say the magic words, “Foxfurria Newcastle.” The air begins to swirl in front of you. It spins aster and faster then ceases. Nothing happened. Newcastle does not have a card to swipe.
Death!
Everyone waited impatiently for Newcastle to return from his trip so he could reveal his big secret. When he finally did everyone was highly irritated.
“We waited for this?” theohall shouted.
“What the fizzle man. What a waste!” Triggercut threw up his hands in disgust. “Mr. Bubbles would have been a better use than Chaosraven.”
“Newcastle, you must die.” Theohall cast his vote.
Qantaga steps up and points at Newcastle but before he can get a word out of his mouth a bolt of lightning streaks from above and strikes Qantaga. He falls over dead, his finger now pointed toward the sky.
Qantaga is dead.

Decision Day 2
As the sun sped toward the horizon the villagers worked feverishly to come to a decision. Although it seemed obvious to all who had to go it took some time to get to the 6 votes after the death of Qantaga shocked everyone.
After redrun cast the killing vote the Mage Stone acted. The bolt struck Newcastle in the back and he fell forward onto the ground face first. A few minutes later a dark mass began to swirl around his body before rising into the evening air and disappearing. Newcastle was a Dark Mage.

It is Night.
Mages kill redrun
Terric didn’t survive his foul up. Serves him right, he never would have made it far as a Dark Mage if he could not keep from thinking about the spell you should never think about!
The two of you decide to take out redrun since he had built up a lot of trust with the villagers.
You take your blow gun and approach his hut. You peek in the window and you see him sitting at his table drinking his mead. You raise the blow gun and fire. The dart travels a few inches and stops in midair and falls to the ground.
Redrun turns toward the window, you duck down and pick up the dart and examine it. What happened? Was redrun shielded? You chance a peek back inside and see that redrun had returned to drinking. You then notice redrun had those fancy new glass windows.
You go to the front door and knock. You raise the dart gun and as the door opens and you see redrun’s face appear you fire the dart. It strikes him under the right eye. You see his eyes grow wide in surprise as he falls backwards to the floor.

Redrun
It was a good day. A Dark Mage was dead and your mead was ready to drink. You poured a tall mug full and sat down to enjoy it. As you lift the mug to your lips you hear a tap at the window. You turn and look; probably a bird drawn to your fire. You hadn’t gotten used to the new glass windows you had installed and neither had the birds.
AS you lift the cup back to your lips there is a knock at the door. You sigh and put the mug down. Who the hell is that interrupting you. You open the door and a searing pain strikes your eye. You see something protruding from below your right eye then the world goes black.

You are dead
Day 3
Two to go; Dark Mages always travel in three’s. One was dead and two more lurked amongst the villagers.
The villagers gathered around the town square and noticed redrun missing.
Theohall steps up and announces, “Redrun is dead. I stopped by on the way here to see if his Mead was ready and I found him lying in the floor with a poison dart stuck in his face.

View from Heaven played on Mr Bubbles
With your new ability provided to you by one of the villagers you concentrate on kraegor. Your mind's eye pinpoints kraegor in the village of Pippenshire. His essence glows white. Kraegor is not a Dark Mage. You now have 2 pieces of information that could be beneficial to the village if they could only contact you somehow.[/quote]
Scramble
Everyone turned to look at the Mage Stone when it rose into the air and spun numerous times before sitting back on the table.
“What just happened?” asked El Guapo.
“I don’t know. Mage Stone please reveal the current vote count.” Asked Remus West.

”Looks right.”
Lynching of Remus West
As the day dragged on the villagers could have sworn someone cast a “hours could seem like days” spell.
Remus West had grown bored with the happenings around the town square and had ventured off to play tag with a few village children. “Tag your it.” Shouted Remus as he started running in the opposite direction of the child he just tagged.
At that time Theohall decided to cast the final vote. “Remus West.”
A bolt of energy shot from the stone and struck Remus West In the back. He fell face first into the grass. Stessier snickered, “Tag you’re it, Remus.”
A dark mass swirled above his body and then dissipated. RMC turned to face the villagers that had voted for Remus West, “I’ll be damned, he was a Dark Mage.”
“One to go.” El Guapo said as he turned to head to his hut.

The Death of El Guapo
Today did not fair too well either. You lost your other apprentice. Now it was only the master remaining. Bb2112 needed to die but you have a suspicion that that one of the villagers may have drawn the Shield spell, and with BB being the obvious choice you decide to strike elsewhere.
You reach El Guapo’s hut and and quietly open the door. You raise the dart gun to your lips but you have a hard time finding your target. Inside the hut you see many colorful animals hanging from the ceiling. What is this?
A voice startles you. “Do you like my plethora of piñatas?” You see El Guapo step out from behind a large mule piñata. You quickly raise the gun and fire the dart. It strikes El Guapo In the chest. As he falls to the floor he whispers, “You will die like dogs.”
You shut the door and return to your hut.

El Guapo
You are just putting the finishing touches on your latest and largest piñata t date, a pink and blue mule when you hear the door open to your hut. You step out from behind the mule and see a shadow In the doorway glaring at your handiwork.
“Do you like my plethora of piñatas?” You see the visitor jump, you must have startled him. Then a piercing pain strikes your chest. You look down to see a dart and realize that it was a Dark Mage at your door. As you begin to black out you manage to get out, “You will die like dogs.”

Day 4
The few remaining villagers gather around the square and it was quite obvious who was missing. BB2112 and El Guapo had not shown up yet. Two deaths? That’s just not possible. Isn’t that against the rules or something.
A few minutes later BB2112 walks around the corner and into the village center. “I stopped by El Guapo’s to pick up a piñata to celebrate when we kill the last Dark Mage. El Guapo was dead. But I did grab this rooster piñata though.”
Triggercut admires the craft work of the rooster. “What are you going to fill it with?”
“I don’t know yet.” Stessier touches the piñata. “Nice.”
“Uh guys, El Guapo is dead. Does that not bother you?” kraegor says through clinched teeth.
“Oh yeah. We need to vote.”

The lynching of kraegor
“Wtfbbqsauce!” Kraegor stomped his feet and walked in circles. “You are all clueless. Theohall is practically dry humping you like a horny mutt and you guys are off on all kinds of tangents. Let me cast my invisible votes here!”
Stessier turns to triggercut, “What the hell is he talking about?”
“I don’t know, he’s off on one of his rants. Just sit back and enjoy it.”
RMC snickers, “Watch this.” Rmc announces, “I vote kraegor.”
Kraegor rasies his arms into the arm, “Fizzle! There must be some side betting going on here. Come on who’s going to win the pot and cast that last vote! You guys should be following my vote. It’s like cement, it is solid!”
Theohall leans over to triggercut, “What is cement?”
“I don’t know. Let’s put him out of his misery. “I vote kraegor.”
The vote had reached 4 but the Mage Stone did nothing. “I think we’ve bored it to sleep.”
Kraegor turns to walk away, “You guys are idiots. Sweet Mage Stone take me now!”
With that the Mage Stone strikes out and hits kraegor. He falls to the ground; a short while later a white mist rises and dissipates into the air. Kraegor was not a Dark Mage.

Mage kills BB2112
So far you have remained low on everyone’s suspect list and you want to keep it that way. You do not want to take a chance of being caught out at night now when victory is so close. You grab the blow gun and exit your back window of the hut and enter the tree line to avoid detection. You skulk towards BB2112’s hut when you trip over something. You fall face first and the blow gun leaves your hand and lands in the bushes.
You scramble to find the gun but to no avail, it looks like every other long twig on the ground. The quarter moon makes it difficult to see. You turn to see what you tripped over and find a body. As your eyes grow more accustom to the darkness you can tell it is Chaosraven’s body and you notice his pants are missing. Something else was odd, you bend closer and notice his genitals and manhood were missing; removed with a knife. You stand up quickly. Witches! There must be witches about. Who else would need male sex organs other than witches making a brew?
Maybe you should inform the remaining villagers and maybe they would forget about you, the last Dark Mage. If there was anything villagers hated more than Dark Mages it was Witches. Then again maybe one of the villagers is the witch. You decide it was better to not mention it and save that for a later time.
You continue to BB2112’s hut. Along the way you find a large rock and pick it up, this would be your new weapon.
You set outside BB2112’s window and begin to toss a handful of rocks onto his roof. When they hit it made a sound like a small animal scurrying across. You do it once more and you see movement inside toward the window. AS BB2112 sticks his head out to see what was on his roof you bring the rock down and hammer the side of his head. The blow caves in his face. His dead body hangs out the window. You leave it there and return to your hut.

BB2112
You sit at your table with a cup of mead wondering how the day went so wrong. You had your vote on stessier but no one else would follow you except the one that was dead now. You thought you were trusted enough to have some support.
You take another swig from you cup when you hear small footprints on your roof. Damn Raccoons out to swipe his barley. You hear it again. You go to your window and look out. As you stick your head out you see a sudden motion and something heavy strikes your face. Your world goes black. You are dead.

Day 5
As the villagers gather on the fifth day everyone knew instantly who was the victim of the Mage last night. BB2112’s limp body, hanging out his side window with a large pool of blood puddled on the ground below him, was clearly visible from where they stood. This had to end today!
Surprise Death of Stessier
The tension in the air was thick. Name calling and insults started flying showing the frustration that was building up.

Triggercut was the first to act casting a vote against stessier then stessier retaliated with a vote. Theohall spoke up and sent the vote count to two against stessier.

Stessier spoke up, “I’m not dead yet, we still have time to get this right.”

Triggercut thought about and decided stessier was right. “I’m not so sure of my vote so I…”

At that moment the Mage Stone came to life. A bolt shot out and hit stessier. A look of shock came over everyone’s face as stessier fell to the ground dead.

RMC screamed at the Stone, “What the Fizzle? That’s two vote you dumbass rock!” RMC picks up the stone and starts shaking it, “Piece of shit is broken! That was only…” A powerful shock emits from the stone causing RMC to convulse and drop the stone. RMC falls back to the ground and lands on his butt, staring at nothing in a daze.

Theohall looks at stessier's body, “I don’t know what just happened but let’s see what stessier is.” They did not have long to wait as a white mist forms above his body. Stessier was NOT a Dark Mage.

Mage Victory
It appears victory is in hand for you. You are sad that it cost you your promising apprentice Lycoris. Terric was no big loss, he had always been a bumbling idiot.
You grab up your dagger and stick it in the sash of your robe and head out for Theohall’s hut. You look into his back window and see him bracing the front door to protect against a forced entry. What a waste as the window is wide open. You slip through before he has a chance to notice and shutter the window. You hide in the alcove beside the fireplace and wait. Eventually Theohall notices the window is open and goes to close the shutters. That is when you pounce. You grab his head and yank it back and you slide the dagger across his throat.
Theohall collapses into a pool of blood and you slip back out the window and head back to get some rest.

Day 6
Triggercut rounds the corner of a row of huts and spots RMC walking toward the town square also. As they meet they stare at each other realizing they were the last two. A cloud of smoke envelopes them.
When the smoke clears RMC is laying on the ground grasping his throat as blood pours from it. Triggercut looks down and smiles. All his powers should return soon now that the last Villager is dying.
“Thankfully my years as an alchemist paid off.” He says as he tosses the extra smoke bomb away as it is no longer needed. It pops and a cloud of smoke rises.
With one last gasp RMC dies. The clouds begin to swirl and a black beam hits Dominicus Triggercut. Your magic has returned. You turn to leave the village. The conversion was a failure but at least you survived to try again somewhere else. But first you need a new apprentice and another rookie trainee. Hopefully this one would not be so careless.

Forum:
http://mystictower.freeforums.org/" target="_blank
Last edited by Lassr on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Spoiler:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Did Q use the Shield card on Day 2? If so, upon whom?

If he'd have self-protected, that would've been bad for Team Evil...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Card usage. A bit hard to read...
Spoiler:
Day 1 ------ cards ------ used---- target----- outcome
Newcastle ---------- Reveal ---- x ---- redrun, El Guapo, RMC ---- revealed
BB2112 ---------- Told Ya So! ---- ---- ----
theohall ---------- I'll take seconds ---- x ---- na ---- cards 3, 22
theohall ---------- Free scan ---- x ---- bb2112 villager
theohall ---------- Swipe ---- ---- NA
kraegor ---------- A view from heaven ---- ---- ----
Remus West ---------- Shield! ---- x ---- self ---- shielded
El Guapo ---------- Deadlines! ---- ---- ----
stessier ---------- Mortician ---- ---- ----
triggercut ---------- Nuke'em from orbit ---- ---- ----
Chaosraven ---------- daydreamer ---- ---- ----
Qantaga ---------- swiper no swiping ---- ---- ----
RMC ---------- Howdy Partner ---- x ---- El Guapo ---- PM's
redrun ---------- Mind's eye ---- x ---- Qantaga ---- Villager
Mr. Bubbles ---------- Beyond the grave ---- ---- ----
----
----
Day 2 ----
Newcastle ---------- Deadlines ---- x ---- village ---- 24hrs
BB2112 ---------- I am Spartacus ---- x ---- na ---- na
theohall ---------- Shut up! ---- ---- ----
kraegor ---------- Daydreamer ---- ---- ----
Remus West ---------- Death ---- x ---- Qantaga ---- dead
El Guapo ---------- Extra Vote ---- ---- ----
stessier ---------- Swiper no swiping ---- ---- ----
triggercut ---------- Daydreamer ---- ---- ----
Qantaga ---------- Shield! ---- x ---- bb2112 ---- protected
RMC ---------- Quantum Shift ---- ---- ----
redrun ---------- Swipe ---- x ---- Newcastle ---- no card
---- ---- ----
---- ---- ----
Day 3 ----
BB2112 ---------- Daydreamer ---- ---- ----
theohall ---------- Puppetmaster ---- x ---- Remus West ---- posted
kraegor ---------- Daydreamer ---- ---- ----
Remus West ---------- Swiper no swiping ---- ---- ----
El Guapo ---------- Escape lynching ---- x ---- activated ----
stessier ---------- Illumination ---- ---- ----
triggercut ---------- Scramble ---- x ---- activated ---- done
RMC ---------- A view from Heaven ---- x ---- Mr Bubbles scan kraegor ---- villager
---- ----
Day 4 ---- ----
BB2112 ---------- Kaboom! ---- ---- stolen ----
theohall ---------- Daydreamer ---- ---- ----
kraegor ---------- extra vote ---- ---- ----
stessier ---------- swiper no swiping ---- ---- ----
triggercut ---------- swipe ---- x ---- bb2112 ---- Kaboom!
triggercut ---------- Kaboom! ---- x ---- activated ----
RMC ---------- Mortician ---- x ---- Mr Bubbles ---- Ezkerra
---- ---- ----
---- ---- ----
Day 5 ---- ----
theohall ---------- Told Ya So! ---- x ---- activated ---- de-activated
stessier ---------- Swiper No Swiping ---- ----
triggercut ---------- Extra Vote x ---- stessier ---- successful
RMC ---------- Daydreamer ---- ----
---------- ---- ----

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

triggercut wrote:Did Q use the Shield card on Day 2? If so, upon whom?

used it on BB2112.

Black Lives Matter
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Lassr wrote:
triggercut wrote:Did Q use the Shield card on Day 2? If so, upon whom?

used it on BB2112.
Ah, so the other half of the matched pair, and someone who was one of the two under consideration to kill with that Death card. Whew. We had basically a 50-50 shot and chose the right player.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

TO everyone:

I am SO SO SO SO SORRY about the temper tantrum i threw close to my lynch. I really hope i didnt offend anyone or tick people off. I hope i didnt step over any lines nor hurt anyone's feelings/perceptions. It was more designed as a flailing away at anything trying to grab a life boat type of strategy that i wanted to portray. I hope it wasnt portrayed or viewed deeper than what it was.

I really hope no one thought more than anything within context of this game.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So what did everyone think?

From my end the game has a lot of potential but I definitely need to weight the chances of some cards coming into play. Some were useless, some were very powerful. Some were useful but the odds of them getting used correctly were very very high.
Eliminate the seer but have the White Mage get 2 or 3 cards per day (use only 1). Then have like 10 chances for a free scan to come into play each day but only one card per day would be assigned.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I liked it. I thought it had a lot of potential. I thought we, dark mages, came back from a really, really bad position early on to win it. Granted a lot of it had to do w/ Trig navigating the waters. But, on that first today when the pool dropped from 13 unknowns to 9 unknowns...then to 8 unknowns....it was a HUGE hill to traverse back from. Needed a lot of luck (card wise) to come back from that.

On the whole, I think a few tweaks are in order. I like everyone had powers. I hated that the game seemed to drag on.
Bayraktar!!!!

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Lassr wrote:So what did everyone think?

From my end the game has a lot of potential but I definitely need to weight the chances of some cards coming into play. Some were useless, some were very powerful.
Eliminate the seer but have the White Mage get 2 or 3 cards per day (use only 1). Then have like 10 chances for a free scan to come into play each day but only one card per day would be assigned.
I'd eliminate the seer and give that one player the opportunity to churn cards.

To me, that's your challenge--how to balance the card churn ability of the village against the wolves.

Late Day 1 and then Day 2 were the turning points.

Mr Bubbles having to reveal hurt a lot for the Village. Then getting the Death card and getting it successfully deployed against one of the Gang Of Four was huge. Early on Day 1, the Village was hunting 3 wolves in a field of 9 players.

By the time Day 3 dawned, there were enough doubts out there that the situation had changed completely.

BTW, on Day 3 I talked way too much, got too clever by half, and absolutely STEPPED in it. The most afraid I was that I'd been caught happened on page 24, and stessier was all over it...but never pursued or followed up. I really was on the ropes.
stessier wrote:
triggercut wrote:Day 1 I had "Swiper No Swiping". I played it, but I believe it has unlimited uses.
O RLY?
triggercur wrote:Can we talk about the card we held yesterday but didn't play? I was debating whether to actually play mine--just to take it out of rotation--but didn't expect the final two votes on CR to land so damn fast and didn't get a chance to play.

As for Newcastle, I see 1, perhaps 2 cards that match the criteria for being something you'd want to play right away and also keep hidden, and I had to really stretch both the definition of those filters to get to two.

Newcastle 

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Newcastle wrote: I hated that the game seemed to drag on.
I think that's a factor of summer vacations more than anything else. July/August games are gonna do what they're gonna do.

I really enjoyed the game, Lassr. Clever concept, and should keep all villagers interested.
stessier

Post by stessier »

triggercut wrote: Clever concept, and should keep all villagers interested.
Except for the Villager who gets Swiper no Swiping 3 times!!! :D

I think the game went well, but I think it has the potential for land slide victories on either side. I also still don't see how tracking cards is detrimental to the wolves because of the DayDreamer cards that are in play (I thought that was a great bit of balance). No need to re-argue it, just throwing in my 2 cents.
stessier

Post by stessier »

triggercut wrote:
I think that's a factor of summer vacations more than anything else. July/August games are gonna do what they're gonna do.
I don't know, I think that has been a trend of all games recently. I actually liked not having a deadline, though. Work has been busy and it was nice to know I didn't have to login and try and figure anything out.

By the way RMC, that Japan trip wasn't hiding from the game - that was very, very real. :)
RMC

Post by RMC »

stessier wrote:
triggercut wrote:
I don't know, I think that has been a trend of all games recently. I actually liked not having a deadline, though. Work has been busy and it was nice to know I didn't have to login and try and figure anything out.

By the way RMC, that Japan trip wasn't hiding from the game - that was very, very real. :)

Damn... I needed to place my vote on Trigger, and I was just going to do that..Except game over..And I died again to give the wolves the win...Ugh..

Sorry about that Stress, Man I just think that highly of you ability to snooker people...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

In terms of teh cards revealing Stessier:

1. It woudl reveal to all who had what.
2. The wolves would HAVE to come clean about their cards regardless. If they didnt they'd be viewed w/ suspicion
3. That would take the choice of how to use those cards out of the wolves hands and into the villagers. What would be the point of the cards then if they couldnt play them?
3b - if they lied about having a card and someone got them later on, they'd be hosed.
It really forced the card playing out of the wolf's hands.
4. Also it would take the personal villager choice of how to play the cards out fo their hands and into a few "trusted" who'd be calling the shots. There was a game a few years ago, where it just turned into a system and players playing really stopped.

I think it's imperative that in the future public coordination of the cards doesnt happen. Maybe querying for advice is ok....but not letting all the villagers reveal their cards.

I am pretty sure that my arguing against revealing the cards tipped my hand as to my being a dark mage. I hated having to come out and argue that, but felt i had to stop that discussion right there and then before too much came out. Also, remember that at that time i think 4 people were pretty much "villagers", i was desperate to prevent any more damage to my side.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:In terms of teh cards revealing Stessier:

1. It woudl reveal to all who had what.
2. The wolves would HAVE to come clean about their cards regardless. If they didnt they'd be viewed w/ suspicion
3. That would take the choice of how to use those cards out of the wolves hands and into the villagers. What would be the point of the cards then if they couldnt play them?
3b - if they lied about having a card and someone got them later on, they'd be hosed.
It really forced the card playing out of the wolf's hands.
4. Also it would take the personal villager choice of how to play the cards out fo their hands and into a few "trusted" who'd be calling the shots. There was a game a few years ago, where it just turned into a system and players playing really stopped.

I think it's imperative that in the future public coordination of the cards doesnt happen. Maybe querying for advice is ok....but not letting all the villagers reveal their cards.

I am pretty sure that my arguing against revealing the cards tipped my hand as to my being a dark mage. I hated having to come out and argue that, but felt i had to stop that discussion right there and then before too much came out. Also, remember that at that time i think 4 people were pretty much "villagers", i was desperate to prevent any more damage to my side.
I had originally thought some cards may prevent everyone from discussing their cards (i.e. Swipe!) but the advantage of planning far outweighs the threat of losing your card. Revealing cards before their use will be prohibited and I was not clear on what use meant. Had a situation where theohall played the Told Ya SO! card and then announced it but the card was not used because he had not reached the N-1 that used the card. So in essence he de-activated it when he talked about it. Luckily it didn't come into play.

Black Lives Matter
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Two other important bits of total blind luck:

Day 4 I got the Swipe card and snagged Kaboom from bb2112. I was deathly afraid of him being shielded constantly. When I took KaBoom from him and played it, I knew I could finally eliminate a proven villager. That was big.

The other one was the Extra Vote on the last day. I was the third player to get Extra Vote (2 use card), but thanks to the KaBoom it didn't get used a final time and that was the final bit of good luck to the wolves.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Our side needed a ton of breaks to even have a shot. The card scans giving the village what was essentially a block of 4 on day 1 would have been an insurmountable obstacle if Bubbles had not been forced out. The block of "knowns" would have gotten big enough to lock in the win much to quickly with a living Seer. Pair that with hitting Q with the death card and triggercut getting the extra vote card at the end. Basically everything fell into line for us and it was still a narrow narrow win.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Triggercut, well done. I really did not suspect you. You were on the wolf votes early and tended to make a lot of sense in your posts. You did a great job.

And RMC was not a wolf. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Four minutes.

Four stinkin' minutes. :lol:

Here, look:
Qantaga wrote:Shield Card
Sent: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:43 pm
To: Lassr

Please play Shield card on bb2112.
Newcastle wrote:Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages(WW)-Day 2
by Newcastle » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:47 pm

qantaga 

There was a very interesting confluence of events on Day 2. Unfortunately, I read the tea leaves incorrectly and cost the village an extra day/miss. So, for the second game in a row, the lion's share of the village's loss rests squarely on my shoulders. :(

Here's the sequence:

- Day 2 dawns.
- I draw the Shield card.
- Deadline is announced.
- redrun informs us that he has played Swipe on Newcastle, but Newcastle had no card to be swiped.

So, now I have to choose where I should play the Shield card.

I think it was very clear from my Day 1 observations that I already believed Newcastle to be evil and redrun to be good. However, as the Day progressed, there was still the outside chance that Newcastle had played a card beneficial to the village. There was a (slight) possibility that he could have played the Seance card on Bubbles or the Rez card on Chaos and was honestly too skittish to say it out loud. (It's pretty clear what I thought of that particularly sketchy argument at the time, but I couldn't completely discount it at the time).

Here was the problem. I PMed Lassr to ask about the mechanics of the Shield card. Unfortunately, cards all go poof immediately upon a lynch. So, I had to make a decision on where to place the Shield card before I knew the results of the lynch that day. That meant that there was still some (minor) mystery about Newcastle. If he would have come back good, then Shielding redrun would have been a wasted card.

That left me with deciding between Shielding myself or bb2112.

Looking at the game, I surmised (incorrectly) that bb was somewhat "more trusted" than I was (in the eyes of both wolves and villagers), due to his claim of the Told Ya So card on Day 1. Still, I was holding on to the Shield card as long as possible to see what might develop. I knew that the Death card required a vote on the player to be killed, so I was holding the card to play on the first one of us (bb or myself) to get a vote.

Then, my hand was forced. When trig put his vote on Newcastle, that put Newcastle at n-2 and started the time bomb clock on the Shield card. With the existence of the Extra Vote card, I knew that I would lose the Shield card completely if one more person voted Newcastle and the Extra Vote card had been played.

I finally came to the decision to play the card on bb before the card vanished.

Then, four measly little minutes later, Newcastle put a vote on me!

Had I held the PM just five minutes longer, I would have Shielded myself, by the very nature of Newcastle placing a vote on me. :cry:

I was still holding out hope that the Dark Mages would still go after bb in the night, but I knew that was wishful thinking once Newcastle came back evil, thus cementing redrun as the "most" trusted villager on the board that night.

My sincere apologies to my fellow villagers.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Congratulations Dark Mages.

Very nicely played.

Thanks to Lassr for hosting and for a very interesting game. I enjoyed the format a lot. I do agree that tweaks are in order, but it was a very intriguing format and a nice first run.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Nice work, congrats!

When I wrote up my threat matrix. I wrote trig first, because he was my instinctual prime suspect. I also decided if a train couldn't be started on theo who had a mountain of looking evil evidence, a train certainly wasn't going anywhere on trig, which is why I said he'd cruise... all he had to do was continue the mother theresa act.

Perhaps this will be an object lesson to folks who so strongly believe that consistent daily good deeds somehow translates to innocence. ;)
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

triggercut wrote:Two other important bits of total blind luck:

Day 4 I got the Swipe card and snagged Kaboom from bb2112. I was deathly afraid of him being shielded constantly. When I took KaBoom from him and played it, I knew I could finally eliminate a proven villager. That was big.

The other one was the Extra Vote on the last day. I was the third player to get Extra Vote (2 use card), but thanks to the KaBoom it didn't get used a final time and that was the final bit of good luck to the wolves.
I found your education and concern on the topic a bit insincere, but by that point I was just waiting to be lynched. All that concern about things that meant nothing at all... couldn't help but wonder...

I had extra vote as well. I did not use it on kaboom day... wonder if I should have. Dunno if a fizzle still burns a use or not. /shrug.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Wow - well done trig.
Black Lives Matter.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

El Guapo wrote:Wow - well done trig.
More luck than anything I did, to be honest. If I did one thing correctly in the entire game, it was to sniff out that Newcastle was noose-bound on Day 2, and that Remus was similarly doomed on Day 3. While we engaged in some discussion about whether or not each of them was going down on their respective days, we did all that while here in the game thread I was constantly firing away or at least indifferently keeping my vote fairly resolute.

Q--you didn't cost the village the win. Stuff happens. If you'd have played the Shield card on, say, RMC or Remus, or Newcastle, I'd give you a giggle, but you had a choice of two people to play it on, and you flipped the coin and chose one. And, as you note...4 freaking minutes. Had things conspired differently, you'd have made the absolute (but not obvious) self-protection.

More dumb luck by me: on day 4 when I swiped that Kaboom from bb2112, my thinking was largely dictated by being petrified of Mr Bubbles being contacted. At least, I figured, if someone gets Talk To The Dead I need to have the Hail Mary of trying to cast doubt on that player. With bb, there was no way to cast any reasonable doubt...so I figured I'd swipe his card in case he had some sort of Bubbles contact thing. And now here's how stupid I am. I told Lassr I wanted to put it into play immediately upon receipt. NOT because I wanted to use that Kaboom card; rather it was because I was afraid someone would have View Cards, and would see me sitting there with bb's card in my hand. Awkward! So I played it, not knowing or realizing what Kaboom did at all and sort of mixing it up in my mind with Nuke Em From Orbit. Then I read it, realized I'd just inadvertently and unknowingly knocked down any potential shielding...and smiled my little wizardry Grinch grin.

If you want to give credit to a wolf, toss it at Newcastle. He had a terrible time of it on Day 2. Not only was the opposition side harassing him, but so was his own teammate--me. He had all that to deal with and I think our tetchy give-and-take helped make me look village-y in the bigger picture.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I agree with Trig, the village loss was not on Q at all. You had to make a decision because voting was getting down to the wire. It was just dumb luck that it all went down the way it did at the end of day 2.

And Trig, you got put in my trusted pile because you went after NC so hard. Then you went after Remus. They were good plays. I had a tough time reconciling a wolf working to nail his 2 partners so early in the game and letting himself hang out there. The biggest doubt was when you were going after RMC on day 4, but then so was Stess. Of the two of you, in my mind you built a lot more credibility, while Stess came late to NC and was never on the RW train. And Kraegor's insistence on Theo for 4 days, what the hell! That can't be a good village play, right?

Trig, you played masterfully.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
stessier

Post by stessier »

bb2112 wrote:I agree with Trig, the village loss was not on Q at all.
+1!
No way this is on you. Your death only cost us half a day and I'm not sure that would have made any difference.
The biggest doubt was when you were going after RMC on day 4, but then so was Stess.
But at first glance, he looked soooo guilty! On a quick review, it made a lot more sense. At least I came around in the end. :)

One question I have - was the "triggercur" comment gamesmanship or actual hurt feelings? I really thought my use of it was kind of amusing. I could see how it would be irritating, but didn't see it as anything more than fun within the game.