OONFL2K13 - Congrats, Ralph!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: OONFL2K13 - Week 4 ho!

Post by Zaxxon »

I haven't entered picks yet, but my feel is that most picked ARI w/o a lock, so probably not a lot of movement based on last night's game.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zaxxon wrote:I haven't entered picks yet, but my feel is that most picked ARI w/o a lock, so probably not a lot of movement based on last night's game.
Wooooo. I picked Stl! Making up ground, baby! Well, I guess technically it is "possibly making up ground. baby!"
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Remus West wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:I haven't entered picks yet, but my feel is that most picked ARI w/o a lock, so probably not a lot of movement based on last night's game.
Wooooo. I picked Stl! Making up ground, baby! Well, I guess technically it is "possibly making up ground. baby!"
Me too! Woot!
Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RWs FTW!
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Perhaps my feel was just wrong. :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zaxxon wrote:Perhaps my feel was just wrong. :)
Points tease.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya I thought I was all brilliant picking the Rams. Should of locked them! ;)
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Picked the Rams too.. wasn't about to lock though.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: OONFL2K13 - Week the Fifth!

Post by Zaxxon »

My feeling was mostly right. 12 picked STL, 2 didn't submit, 21 picked ARI, 2 locked ARI.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Only two picks wrong today. Stupid green bay!
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Octavious wrote:Only two picks wrong today. Stupid green bay!
I don't think you need to worry about that one impacting your standing.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Actually got 4 wrong. Took a gamble with Denver, but the fumble in the red zone killed Denvers chances. If they had gotten a TD there they would have been down 3 with plenty of time left. Bummer.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I don't have the warm fuzzies for Houston winning this one. Then again it's the Jets. Pick six will come up I bet.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ah the Jets being the Jets. LOL

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Octavious wrote:Actually got 4 wrong. Took a gamble with Denver, but the fumble in the red zone killed Denvers chances. If they had gotten a TD there they would have been down 3 with plenty of time left. Bummer.
I also missed 4 this week. One of them a lock. Stupid Green Bay.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

An epic Packer collapse and a huge Bear win? I'll take it! Please submit any score corrections prior to Thursday evening's kickoff.

Week 5
Top Dog ChemNerd, Mr. Lem, Hog
Dumbass $iljanus
Avg Scr 22.81
Avg Scr / Gm 1.63
Leader UJ (3)

Player Ttl Rglr Season Pts
UJ 118
Gwatok 117
Grievous Angel 111
The Meal 109
Mitma 107
Hook'em Horns 107
Sparky 106
Octavious 106
Ralph-Wiggum 105
Mr. Bob 105
Remus West 104
Miss Taken 104
ChemNerd 104
Big Jake 103
Zaxxon 103
Mrs. Jim 103
Pr0ner 103
Captain Caveman 103
Moghedian 103
Mithridates 103
-------------------------------
Monkeyskunk 99
JC Anejo 99
Kurth 99
Rdog 99
JC Anejo IM 99
Mr. Lem 99
Jeff V 98
GamerIrv 95
Stinky Cheeseman 95
The E-Chos 94
Mrs. Stinky Cheese 94
Skinypupy 93
Moghedian IM 91
Hog 91
Baroquen 84
$iljanus 81
Deadzone 76

Player Week 5 Points
ChemNerd 27
Mr. Lem 27
Hog 27
Gwatok 25
Mr. Bob 25
Remus West 25
Miss Taken 25
Zaxxon 25
Mithridates 25
JC Anejo 25
JC Anejo IM 25
Big Jake 24
Mrs. Stinky Cheese 24
Baroquen 24
UJ 23
The Meal 23
Mitma 23
Hook'em Horns 23
Sparky 23
Octavious 23
Ralph-Wiggum 23
Mrs. Jim 23
Pr0ner 23
Captain Caveman 23
Moghedian 23
Rdog 23
Stinky Cheeseman 23
The E-Chos 23
Skinypupy 23
Grievous Angel 22
Jeff V 21
Deadzone 20
Monkeyskunk 19
Kurth 19
GamerIrv 19
$iljanus 17
Moghedian IM 9

Week 6 Games:

PIT @ TEN (THURS)
OAK @ ATL
CIN @ CLE
STL @ MIA
IND @ NYJ
DET @ PHI
KC @ TB
DAL @ BAL
NE @ SEA
BUF @ ARI
NYG @ SF
MIN @ WAS
GB @ HOU
DEN @ SD (MON)
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ugh Giants/San Fran. The rest of the Giants Schedule is totally insane from here out. :grund: There isn't a single game that I would say is easy. The Bengals is probably the easiest. Sigh..

Rest of the season. I could see them easily dropping half these games. :grund: Packers and Saints haven't done well so far, but both teams are under performing.

49ers
Redskins
Cowgirls
Steelers
Bengals
Packers
Redskins
Saints
Falcons
Ravens
Eagles

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Octavious wrote:Ugh Giants/San Fran. The rest of the Giants Schedule is totally insane from here out. :grund: There isn't a single game that I would say is easy. The Bengals is probably the easiest. Sigh..

Rest of the season. I could see them easily dropping half these games. :grund: Packers and Saints haven't done well so far, but both teams are under performing.

49ers
Redskins
Cowgirls
Steelers
Bengals
Packers
Redskins
Saints
Falcons
Ravens
Eagles
You would never survive as a Lions fan if that schedule is an issue for you. I look at maybe two losses (Falcons and San Francisco). The rest are either pretty certain wins or at worst a close game favoring the Giants (Eagles, Steelers, and Ravens). The Saints have the offense but can not stop the run so NY should control that game by controlling the ball. Green Bay is all kinds of discombobulated right now and banged up. I don't see them keeping with NY especially given that NY should be healthy themselves by that point.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nothing to see here
Last edited by Octavious on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Thanks for letting us all know, Octavious.... :P
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Shit lol

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Stoopid Pittsburgh. :(
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Seriously. I turned the game off with 2 something minutes left when Pitt had the ball. I figured they would win and turned the baseball game back on. :grund:

Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I picked Pittsburgh but despite losing the points, as a Ravens fan, I gladly take the loss. :)
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

At one point today it looked like I was going to be perfect for the day and then it all went to hell. I take solace in the fact that I *think* I picked a few upsets today.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

What's with the Houston implosion? Do they think they're Dallas?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ugh.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Remus West wrote:Ugh.
Concur. I'm 1-4 on locks and in the single digits for the week.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zaxxon wrote:
Remus West wrote:Ugh.
Concur. I'm 1-4 on locks and in the single digits for the week.
I have a hope to break out of the single digits tonight. With the appropriate team winning I manage 10 whole points for the week. Ugh.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

The worst part for me is I debated just sticking with my 1 lock (PIT), but after I started out -1 for the week, I locked 4 more teams.

Hey, I got one!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

2 - 3 on locks. 11 points so far. :doh:
Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:2 - 3 on locks. 11 points so far. :doh:
Rest easy, you are out of my reach for the week. :oops:

edit: Just looked at my picks again and I actually have 2 more points than I thought. Woo Hooo. Double digit week for me. :? :lol:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

12 points for me so far. There were a lot of comebacks yesterday as I was looking pretty for a while. Can't say I'm too upset seeing the Eagles choke yesterday. :lol:

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Octavious wrote:12 points for me so far. There were a lot of comebacks yesterday as I was looking pretty for a while. Can't say I'm too upset seeing the Eagles choke yesterday. :lol:
I locked the Eagles specifically because I'd still be happy if the Lions won regardless of losing a point there. :mrgreen:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Thank you Philip Rivers. If not for your stellar play on behalf of Denver I wouldn't have gotten those 2 points. :mrgreen:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya I picked Denver too. You don't mess with the Mannings! Think I ended up with 14 points for the week. I doubt there were too many high scores this week.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Oh boy; what a doozie. UJ maintains his iron grip on first place--for now. This week's average score was only 11 and change, but we had a wide range--the Top Dogs scored 17 and the Dumbass came in with a whopping four points. Many more locks were missed than were correct. The only positives from this week were the Bears earning sole possession of first place by doing nothing and the Packers racking up some more injuries.

Bring on Week 7...

Please submit score corrections to me prior to Thursday night's kickoff.

Week 6
Top Dog Grievous Angel (2), Sparky
Dumbass Gwartok
Avg Scr 11.24
Avg Scr / Gm 0.80
Leader UJ (4)

Player Ttl Rglr Season Pts
UJ 131
Grievous Angel 128
The Meal 124
Sparky 123
Gwatok 121
Hook'em Horns 120
Octavious 120
Mitma 118
Ralph-Wiggum 118
Miss Taken 118
Remus West 116
Moghedian 116
Mithridates 115
Pr0ner 114
Captain Caveman 114
Monkeyskunk 114
JC Anejo 114
Big Jake 113
JC Anejo IM 113
---------------------------
Mr. Bob 112
ChemNerd 112
Mr. Lem 112
Mrs. Jim 111
Zaxxon 110
Kurth 110
Jeff V 110
Rdog 108
GamerIrv 108
Stinky Cheeseman 106
Mrs. Stinky Cheese 104
Moghedian IM 102
Hog 102
The E-Chos 101
Skinypupy 100
Baroquen 94
$iljanus 87
Deadzone 87

Player Week 6 Points
Grievous Angel 17
Sparky 17
The Meal 15
Monkeyskunk 15
JC Anejo 15
Octavious 14
Miss Taken 14
JC Anejo IM 14
UJ 13
Hook'em Horns 13
Ralph-Wiggum 13
Moghedian 13
Mr. Lem 13
GamerIrv 13
Remus West 12
Mithridates 12
Jeff V 12
Mitma 11
Pr0ner 11
Captain Caveman 11
Kurth 11
Stinky Cheeseman 11
Moghedian IM 11
Hog 11
Deadzone 11
Big Jake 10
Mrs. Stinky Cheese 10
Baroquen 10
Rdog 9
ChemNerd 8
Mrs. Jim 8
Mr. Bob 7
Zaxxon 7
The E-Chos 7
Skinypupy 7
$iljanus 6
Gwatok 4

Week 7 Games:

SEA @ SF (THURS)
TEN @ BUF
WAS @ NYG
NO @ TB
DAL @ CAR
BAL @ HOU
CLE @ IND
GB @ STL
ARI @ MIN
NYJ @ NE
JAX @OAK
PIT @ CIN
DET @ CHI (MON)
Grievous Angel

Post by Grievous Angel »

Just sent in my pick. Hopefully, I was just under the gun, as they haven't kicked off yet.
Here's to a long life and a merry one; A quick death and an easy one; A pretty girl and a true one; A cold beer, and another one.

Will write for food or music.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I almost forgot my picks. Sure most people picked San Fran so that would be a quick drop of 2-3 points if I missed it.

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

For a week I wasn't supremely confident with, I've only missed one game so far.
Hodor.