[WW] Diamonds Are Forever

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

RMC

Re: [WW] Diamonds Are Forever

Post by RMC »

So back from my meeting, and here it goes:

So if Chaos would have pointed his finger at his partner then a wolf should exist in:
RMC (4): Remus West, triggercut, theohall, Chaosraven

But.. Theohall is dead(not a wolf), Chaos is dead (A big toothy wolf), Remus West has not jumped on BB and won the game, so that leave Triggercut if Chaos pointed to his partner, to help clear him.

So the other group is:
theohall (5): Lassr, redrun, RMC, bb2112, WarPig
Lassr - Dead RMC - Me, BB2112 - hmm.., WarPig - Dead

So Assuming that Chaos would not point a finger at his partner it is starting to look like BB2112.

More after lunch and a 1 O'clock meeting. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

We are not on our last miss right now so the wolf can not currently jump on any vote and win. While I appreciate the credit, it is not correctly given. We get 3 misses before game end. We have used one on theohall. If we miss today we still get to try tomorrow. That is the one that will be our last mistake if we make it.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I was thinking about voting RW, then RMC went and ruined it for everybody.
How does that make sense?
my read on it: RMC is a (the?) prime suspect, based on day one votes... So him starting a vote on you won't gather a train. His followup vote for lassr, though...  bb2112 

In the continuing theme of RMC always being wrong...

Not that this means a whole lot, but the vote was done on day 2 before Lassr fingered CR. Oh my!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote: before Lassr fingered CR. Oh my!
:binky: I have since amputated that finger. FYI :binky:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:We are not on our last miss right now so the wolf can not currently jump on any vote and win. While I appreciate the credit, it is not correctly given. We get 3 misses before game end. We have used one on theohall. If we miss today we still get to try tomorrow. That is the one that will be our last mistake if we make it.
Good point. So I can add you back to the list of the maybe wolf.

And it looks like I forgot Redrun in my last analysis. Not sure why..hmm..

So I think we are down to three possible wolves:
redrun, bb2112, and triggercut

I think I have somehow cleared Remus in my head, but I am not sure why..
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
redrun

Post by redrun »

redrun wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Went through it all again. All 4 grueling pages.

I think it is  Redrun 

This puts me at N-1.
I was incorrect. I was (and am) only at one vote. For some reason I thought that Remus had put a vote on me. Sorry.
Sufficient I am to the day.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:
Remus West wrote:We are not on our last miss right now so the wolf can not currently jump on any vote and win. While I appreciate the credit, it is not correctly given. We get 3 misses before game end. We have used one on theohall. If we miss today we still get to try tomorrow. That is the one that will be our last mistake if we make it.

I have pretty much the same thing going for me that you have going for you. I was at n-1 and claimed "non-seer go ahead and lynch me". Other than that I have nothing to offer as proof but I assure you I am not a wolf.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
redrun

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:
RMC wrote:

I have pretty much the same thing going for me that you have going for you. I was at n-1 and claimed "non-seer go ahead and lynch me". Other than that I have nothing to offer as proof but I assure you I am not a wolf.
You have pretty much the same thing going for you as RMC does? Really?
redrun wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:So do I leave the decision to Warpig? RMC showed me his sneaky side in Cosmic at OctoCon and it has me worried... This push for an alternate lynch... Aaaaargh!
RMC at four votes, Theohall at four votes, Chaos is the fourth vote on RMC - and Chaos does not move his vote. I see no possiblity that RMC is a wolf.
RMC has a lot more going for him. You got to n-1 and didn't get lynched - for some reason Chaos didn't put a vote on you. I guess Chaos just doesn't like voting for Remus.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Withdraw BB2112 

Remus West 

BB2112 may be acting strange, but Remus is a wolf.
RMC

Post by RMC »

redrun wrote: Withdraw BB2112 

Remus West 

BB2112 may be acting strange, but Remus is a wolf.
Good observation, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Heck if he thought Remus was going down, he could have done that and when Remus came back Wolf(if he is) then it would have cemented him as probable good.. Risky play, but I can see them doing that.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

It is only a good observation if you ignore what a short time I spent at n-1 before Lassr came forward and outed Chaosraven. CR did not vote to kill me because he never had the chance. redrun is more careful and thorough than that. I was fluctuating but I think I'm pretty set on it being redrun now. I'll hold the vote for now but I want my intentions known by the rest of you.
RMC

Post by RMC »

After everything I have read and looked over, I also think it is either BB or redrun.

I could vote either with little convincing, anyone have anything to add prior to my vote?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

So...

Me - Trig or Redrun
RW - Redrun
Redrun - bb2112 or Remus
RUN RMC - bb2112 or Redrun
Trig - is he still playing?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Still here. Have seen no compelling reason to move my vote away from you.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:Still here. Have seen no compelling reason to move my vote away from you.
You will.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:
triggercut wrote:Still here. Have seen no compelling reason to move my vote away from you.
You will.
:?:
How is that supposed to happen?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Voting Tally:

1. Remus West - CF -
3. triggercut - C - bb2112
4. bb2112 - 1B - triggercut, redrun
7. RMC - LF -
8. redrun - SS - Remus West, bb2112, Remus West

bb2112 (1): triggercut
redrun (1): bb2112
Remus West (1): redrun

Majority is 3.

The deadline is Thursday, Oct. 11 at 9:00 pm (Eastern)

I believe this is current (the only change from Q's last count was redrun switching back to me from bb2112.

anyway,  redrun 

Let's see what happens now that he is actually at n-1.

The above vote tally does not include my vote at the bottom of the post. redrun is at n-1 with my vote on him.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting Tally:

1. Remus West - CF - redrun
3. triggercut - C - bb2112
7. RMC - LF -

bb2112 (1): triggercut
redrun (2): bb2112, Remus West

Majority is 3.

redrun is N-1.

The deadline is Thursday, Oct. 11 at 9:00 pm (Eastern)[/quote]
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well sure, if you want to be all official and shit right after I posted the unofficial semi-accurate version right above you. :P
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

8-)
RMC

Post by RMC »

I think it has to be redrun. So I will give him a chance to speak out, and then I am going to off him.

I am afraid if I am wrong, that I am the night kill, and want to get as much out there as possible.

Not that I am confirmed, other than by circumstances, but I know I am a villager. :)
redrun

Post by redrun »

RMC wrote:I think it has to be redrun. So I will give him a chance to speak out, and then I am going to off him.

I am afraid if I am wrong, that I am the night kill, and want to get as much out there as possible.

Not that I am confirmed, other than by circumstances, but I know I am a villager. :)
It appears to me that I'm going to have to die to get the game focused on a wolf.

Least to most:

Triggercut is sitting back letting everyone else fight. I could see him winning as quiet wolf.
BB2112 has been playing a strange game. Today feels like he's busy setting himself up for tomorrow. He'll be able to say "Remus pushed for Redrun, Remus is evil, I was just a follower". He was the only one/reason (that I saw) for WarPig to have died the first night. His voting has felt opportunistic to me.
Remus. Remus generally plays such that he 'sees as evil' anyone who accuses's him. This game it was Lassr and I. To me, his play this game has been exactly the same as last game - where he was a wolf. He's run around saying "Redrun is evil, he's pointing at me (and RMC) and not voting for us!!!", yet he started this game day pointing hard at me (and lessor at BB2112), promised a vote early, and then sat back and let other folks vote. I think he's the most likely wolf. Tomorrow he'll tell you that it's BB2112.

So, I think:
If it's Triggercut, he'll win.
Tomorrow it'll be a decision between BB2112 and Remus. I'd go for Remus.

Aloha
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

and you would still be wrong as I am not a wolf.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I think bb2112 is still our best target, but I'm willing to take a look-see.

redrun 

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting Tally:

1. Remus West - CF - redrun
3. triggercut - C - bb2112, redrun
7. RMC - LF -

redrun (3): bb2112, Remus West, triggercut

Majority is 3.

Voting is closed.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

<smip>* mounting tension... stunning betrayal... war of nerves... unforseen plot twist... perilous action sequences... epic confrontation... <snip>

* (for Remus :))

... triggercut walks out of the dugout, tossing a baseball from hand to hand. He looks at the four gathered near the pitcher's mound. He looks at redrun. redrun sees something in triggercut's eyes that make him turn and run. triggercut takes a step forward and hurls the ball. Right before he reaches second base, redrun turns to look over his shoulder and... whack... the ball strikes him right between the eyes.

"After all these years, he should have known he can't run on my arm," mutters triggercut.

You gather with the others to stare down at redrun. Slowly, but surely, redrun's fingers morph into claws and his body transforms into that of a hideous, but very dead, wolf.

Gradually, you hear a sound growing louder and louder until it's almost deafening. You squint into the sky and see a helicopter lowering slowly to touch down in the center field grass. Your long nightmare is over.

Villagers Win!
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Good game all. It was fun watching from behind the scenes.

I'm stuck in meetings today, but I'll have a few comments tonight.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Well now! Kudos to those before me--Remus? bb2112?--who smoked out redrun there. Well played!
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
You will.
:?:
How is that supposed to happen?
See? Now he knows I'm not the wolf. I didn't say when his realization would come, only that it would eventually.

Kudos to Lassr and Remus. I was pretty convinced it was either Trig or RR, but I would have voted for either one of you. Remus is the one that pushed for RR first. And Lassr did a great job as a seer. One for one, can't get better than that.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Woot! I'm on a roll. :D
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I still think bb2112 is probably our best bet to be the second wolf...
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:I still think bb2112 is probably our best bet to be the second wolf...
Still???
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Woohoo!

Here was my planned scan last night:
Lassr wrote:Scan redrun. I think he is the last wolf.

You can spoil me once I die.
I'm curious if the wolves starting picking up that I may be the seer after Remus started pressuring me. I really wanted 1 more night before revealing but it all worked out in the end.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Post by redrun »

Lassr wrote:Woohoo!

I'm curious if the wolves starting picking up that I may be the seer after Remus started pressuring me. I really wanted 1 more night before revealing but it all worked out in the end.
You were the most likely target for night 2 kill, so you choose wisely in revealing.
WarPig went on night one due to one odd post he made that I thought might have been a point-back post for proving seer later in the game.

Good game all.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Apologies for not being around after Octocon. Got caught between work, housework, lawn care and family stuff on Monday and Tuesday. By the time I got back to posting anything, I was dead. :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

redrun wrote:
Lassr wrote:Woohoo!

You were the most likely target for night 2 kill, so you choose wisely in revealing.
WarPig went on night one due to one odd post he made that I thought might have been a point-back post for proving seer later in the game.

Good game all.
I figured you guys killed Warpig because he did not wait to allow theohall his final words and thus implied he had no worries regarding killing a potential Seer so must be the Seer.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

bb2112 wrote:
triggercut wrote:I still think bb2112 is probably our best bet to be the second wolf...
Still???
Absolutely!

bb2112 

Only one way to be sure!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well, there are 4 of us left so we'll need RMC's help to lock it in but I'm willing to check.
 bb2112 

:twisted:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Oh yeah...  BB2112 

Take that! Saying I am always wrong...
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

As the helicopter rises above the stadium, triggercut looks over at bb2112 and says, "I still think you had something to do with this."

bb2112 looks astounded and says, "What? You realize the doctors put us through a complete battery of tests and bloodwork to make sure we weren't infected with the same disease as Chaosraven and redrun, right? I was cleared. I'm completely human."

Remus turns to stare at bb2112. "You know trig, you might be onto something here. bb always liked his steaks very rare."

RMC calmy reaches over, unsnaps bb2112's seat belt and gives him a good shove... right out into the afternoon sky. RMC mutters, "Says I'm always wrong. That'll teach him."

The three remaining players lean out the window to see bb2112 plummeting toward the field.

They are so caught up in staring down at bb2112 that they don't notice the pilot radioing ahead to make sure there are police waiting when the helicopter lands.

Far below, a doctor runs toward the body of bb2112. As he gets closer, a bright shard of light glints off something in the corner of bb2112's mouth. "Is that a fang?" the doctor wonders. By the time he gets to the body, there is no evidence of a fang... or claws... or fur.

Still, the doctor ponders what he saw... especially, when the nightmares visit in the weeks, months, and years ahead.