[WW] Diamonds Are Forever

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: [WW] Diamonds Are Forever

Post by Remus West »

You know, RMC makes a good point regarding outing the Seer. Since he had claimed to be non-Seer normal yesterday when at n-1 iirc (I'll go check in a second) it makes it more interesting to me to see who voted away from him AND who voted me today rather than him. Sort of brings me right back to redrun.

Suppose redrun is a wolf and has been saying RMC and Remus like he has. RMC comes out and says "I'm not the Seer" thus redrun has no need to vote RMC and get him lynched. He votes theohall.
Day 2 comes around and he is getting hassled regarding his vocal doubts about myself and RMC. Rather than vote RMC who has already had his back to the wall he targets me. Push another to the wall and see if they claim Seer.

I think we are looking at redrun and Lassr as the two wolves.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:Sorry all.. At a convention this week. I am a villager, so not a big loss at all, if you lynch me. And since as Remus pointed out, I seem to be someone that the wolves can hide behind, I make a very good day one Lynch.

Heck I would vote for myself, but as I am a villager, I will not do that. :)

I still think remus makes a great day one lynch, not because he 'tipped' his hand or anything, but mostly that he has been on team evil for a while, and it just makes sense to get rid of him early.

<shrug> Off to the conference. :)
Yep, day 1 at n-1.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:You know, RMC makes a good point regarding outing the Seer.
Yes, he does.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:You are dancing around the issue. You claim the vote is thought out yet provide absolutely no reason for it beyond that odds comment which you now claim is not a reason for your vote but an enticement for others to vote. If it is a thought out vote then what is your reason? Personally, I'm thinking your reason is you feel I'm an easy target to get to night and make a kill.
Can't leave well enough alone...

With 2 people saying they are not the seer (shrinking the pool), and me dancing around the issue I have a feeling the wolves may pick up on a nice juicy target tonight.

Chaosraven is a wolf. You and him traded first day votes before moving on. Could be a vote against your partner move. I was planning on placing the N-2 vote against you and see what Chaosraven did. That was my plan.

So, I am the seer, Chaosraven is a wolf and I will die tonight. I was hoping to get one more scan in and was kind of sucking up to Chaosraven hoping they would let me live one more night but at this point I think it is better to give you a wolf than take a chance of surviving when the odds kept shrinking.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven 

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

No reason to doubt and plenty of reason to check so...
 Chaosraven 

redrun

Post by redrun »

Lassr wrote:So, I am the seer, Chaosraven is a wolf and I will die tonight. I was hoping to get one more scan in and was kind of sucking up to Chaosraven hoping they would let me live one more night but at this point I think it is better to give you a wolf than take a chance of surviving when the odds kept shrinking.
If Chaos doesn't come up wolf, we'd have one more day, and Lassr would have to be a wolf (or an idiot, and I don't think he's an idiot).
The only reason I can see for a fake would be to protect Remus, or to fake protecting Remus (so as to get us to lynch him in two days)... which is the same as not faking.

Withdraw Remus West 

Chaosraven 

Sufficient I am to the day.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Damn.

Chaosraven 

I should have said something when he accused me of being tricky in Cosmic. I really didn't do anything tricky in either of the games I played with him.. But in Eclipse, let's just say that their was a traitor card, and yea, I had that card. But only BB and Remus(The holder of that card prior to me) were in that game, not Chaos. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting Tally:

1. Remus West - CF - RMC, redrun, Lassr, Chaosraven
2. Lassr - 2B - Remus West, Chaosraven
3. triggercut - C - bb2112
4. bb2112 - 1B - Lassr
7. RMC - LF - Remus West, Chaosraven
8. redrun - SS - Remus West, Chaosraven
9. Chaosraven - SP - bb2112

bb2112 (2): triggercut, Chaosraven
Lassr (1): bb2112
Chaosraven (4): Lassr, Remus West, redrun, RMC

Majority is 4.

Voting is closed.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

<smip>... compelling baseball story... moved to tears... suspense beyond your wildest imagination...mod updating from phone during meeting</snip>

Chaosraven's big shiny teeth and sharp pointy claws reveal him to be a wolf.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

It is Night.

Wolves, who will you kill?
Seer, who will you scan?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

What does "smip" mean? :twisted: :ninja:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:What does "smip" mean? :twisted: :ninja:
Hey don't make fun of Q and his speech impediment!

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Should that not be "fum of Q amd his speech impedimemt!"
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote:What does "smip" mean? :twisted: :ninja:

"smip" means trying to type surreptitiously and not noticing that the "m" key is in too close proximity to the "n" key on my phone. :)
Lassr wrote:Hey don't make fun of Q and his speech impediment!

Or that. :)
Remus West wrote:Should that not be "fum of Q amd his speech impedimemt!"

:lol:
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

You feel an overwhelming since of relief. Kinectikid's and WarPig's killer has been exposed and revenge has been extracted.

Even though the stadium is still locked up tight, you know it's just a matter of time before someone arrives to set you free. You're exhausted from two terrifying days and nights, so you find a nice, comfy couch in the clubhouse, close your eyes, and sleep like a baby.

When you wake, you stretch, uncurl yourself slowly from the cushions, and rise to your feet. You turn and... freeze in place. The nightmare is not over, after all.

You see a body stretched painfully across three lockers. You don't have to look too closely to know who it is.

Lassr is dead.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

1. Remus West - CF
2. Lassr - 2B
3. triggercut - C
4. bb2112 - 1B
5. WarPig - 3B
6. theohall - RF
7. RMC - LF
8. redrun - SS
9. Chaosraven - SP

It is Day 3. Who will you lynch?

Majority is 3.

Deadline is Thursday, Oct. 11 at 9:00 pm (Eastern).
(Although, I hope we won't need it).
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

So, if RMC is to be believed (and honestly, I believe him as at n-1 on day 1 I expect a wolf to make a play for outing the Seer to at least delay his own lynch) then the remaining wolf is in the grouping of:
bb2112
triggercut
redrun

As I am also telling the truth regarding my role - although you folks would have to believe my thinking regarding RMC holds true for both of us before you buy into this.

If we look at day 1 voting triggercut was on the RMC vote. I doubt we get to n-1 with both wolves and fail to lynch the villager. Thus I doubt triggercut is the wolf.
That leaves bb2112 and redrun.

I lean redrun right now but I want to go back and reread before placing a vote. I'm not doing that now as I have to get up in the morning.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, I kind of believe RMC as well.

That leaves:
Trig
RW
bb2112
RR

I don't think RW is evil this time around. I know I'm not evil. So that leaves Trig or RR.

Triggercut 

That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I can't believe this is only on page 4 on day 3!
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Yeah, the damn wolves whacked Kenetickid and totally killed the momentum of the game.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
redrun

Post by redrun »

Chaosraven wrote:So do I leave the decision to Warpig? RMC showed me his sneaky side in Cosmic at OctoCon and it has me worried... This push for an alternate lynch... Aaaaargh!
RMC at four votes, Theohall at four votes, Chaos is the fourth vote on RMC - and Chaos does not move his vote. I see no possiblity that RMC is a wolf.
redrun

Post by redrun »

You've put out several posts about how I'm not voting for you or RMC, and when I do vote for you the response is:
Remus West wrote:redrun had to be practically provoked into voting for me in spite of continually suggesting RMC and I are linked wolves.
Also, why does redrun vote me when given yesterday's voting it would seem RMC would have been the more likely one to get lynched. Why did he not test RMC yesterday?
You ask why I didn't vote for RMC yesterday, when I gave my reason in the post where I voted. I voted for you yesterday, because of the way you've played all game.

Shortly thereafter (in repsonse to Lassr):
Remus West wrote:You are dancing around the issue. You claim the vote is thought out yet provide absolutely no reason for it beyond that odds comment which you now claim is not a reason for your vote but an enticement for others to vote. If it is a thought out vote then what is your reason? Personally, I'm thinking your reason is you feel I'm an easy target to get to night and make a kill.

Lassr 

I was at one vote (Remus), but BB2112 had voted for Lassr - so I ask you the same question you throw out against me - you've spent most of the game saying Redrun looks guilty, so why did you start a train against Lassr?

You've spent the much of this game misrepresenting what I post. You did this last game. I think the entire purpose of doing so is to get me to protest, in that posting or protesting too much looks guilty.

Remus West 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

You are self contradicting in that post redrun. You say that you were at 1 vote - mine and yet Lassr had already been voted for by bb2112 then accuse me of starting a train against Lassr. You do realize it never went beyond 2 votes don't you? It never had a chance to be a train AND I was not the one who started it according to your post saying bb2112 voted for him first.

As for misrepresenting you, I have not done that. Did you or did you not spend most of your day 1 posts questioning if there was a link between myself and RMC. Did you or did you not fail to vote for either one of us. You claim to have voted for me based off the way I played all game and yet every post you have made involving me also linked me directly to RMC so the question remains in my mind why me over RMC day 2.

As for why I voted Lassr, he made claims that were publicly unfounded. He claimed to have thought out the vote versus me but demonstrated none of the thinking. I wanted the thinking shared. He did not share his thinking until after revealing himself the Seer.

bb2112, why triggercut? Alternatively, why not redrun? Please share the why behind your thinking.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:You are self contradicting in that post redrun. You say that you were at 1 vote - mine and yet Lassr had already been voted for by bb2112 then accuse me of starting a train against Lassr. You do realize it never went beyond 2 votes don't you? It never had a chance to be a train AND I was not the one who started it according to your post saying bb2112 voted for him first.
One vote is not a train. Two votes can be a train, especially when four votes is a lynch.

I generally find it less interesting who voted first for someone, then who voted to turn it into a train.
Remus West wrote: As for misrepresenting you, I have not done that. Did you or did you not spend most of your day 1 posts questioning if there was a link between myself and RMC. Did you or did you not fail to vote for either one of us. You claim to have voted for me based off the way I played all game and yet every post you have made involving me also linked me directly to RMC so the question remains in my mind why me over RMC day 2.
and yet, in the very post you are replying to I said:
Redrun wrote: I voted for you yesterday, because of the way you've played all game.

You've spent the much of this game misrepresenting what I post. You did this last game. I think the entire purpose of doing so is to get me to protest, in that posting or protesting too much looks guilty.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting Tally:

1. Remus West - CF -
3. triggercut - C -
4. bb2112 - 1B - triggercut
7. RMC - LF -
8. redrun - SS - Remus West

triggercut (1): bb2112
Remus West (1): redrun

Majority is 3.

The deadline is Thursday, Oct. 11 at 9:00 pm (Eastern)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote: bb2112, why triggercut? Alternatively, why not redrun? Please share the why behind your thinking.
Because of the two, I feel like Trig is spending more time trying to be under the radar. Not usually his style. Plus he fooled the hell out of me last game, so I am doubly leery.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

bb2112 wrote:
Remus West wrote: bb2112, why triggercut? Alternatively, why not redrun? Please share the why behind your thinking.
Because of the two, I feel like Trig is spending more time trying to be under the radar. Not usually his style. Plus he fooled the hell out of me last game, so I am doubly leery.
Probably has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that I sniffed you out as the second wolf yesterday and you desperately need to try to deflect suspicion off yourself, does it? :P

bb2112 

"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

bb2112 wrote:
Not a particularly strong use of the scientific method here, btw. "Trig is using a totally different style from the last game he played when he was a wolf. Therefore, I think he's a wolf this time because..."
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Not a particularly strong use of the scientific method here, btw. "Trig is using a totally different style from the last game he played when he was a wolf. Therefore, I think he's a wolf this time because..."
Uh, the fact that you fooled me so thoroughly has me a little more suspicious of you than normal. I think I have the pool narrowed to you or RR. The fact that you are suspecting me (since I know I am a villager) does not help your case.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:The fact that you are suspecting me (since I know I am a villager) does not help your case.
That makes no sense.
redrun suspecting me does not hurt his case. The manner in which he has express that suspicion is what I'm focusing on with him.

Go back and look at day 1. Do you really think that if triggercut and Chaosraven are the two wolves another villager doesn't push RMC over the edge? More to the point, do you really think the lynch of theohall goes off so quickly as an alternate without a wolf being involved? If a wolf is involved in voting theohall (and I think there had to have been) then triggercut can not be a wolf.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting Tally:

1. Remus West - CF -
4. bb2112 - 1B - triggercut
7. RMC - LF -

triggercut (1): bb2112
bb2112 (1): triggercut

Majority is 3.

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, so RR and Trig are my top candidates. Assuming that both the wolves were not on the same train on day one, then RR would have to be the guy.

withdraw Triggercut 

I will look at this some more tonight. If I don't see something glaring, I will probably vote RR.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Went through it all again. All 4 grueling pages.

I think it is  Redrun 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

So, RMC, as the situationally trusted, what are you're thoughts about where we stand? I have shared mine. I'd like to hear yours.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting Tally:

1. Remus West - CF -
4. bb2112 - 1B - triggercut, redrun
7. RMC - LF -

redrun (1): bb2112

Majority is 3.

RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:So, RMC, as the situationally trusted, what are you're thoughts about where we stand? I have shared mine. I'd like to hear yours.
I need to reread everything. I think your reasons are sound, but let me go through and read over everything again.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
redrun

Post by redrun »

bb2112 wrote:Went through it all again. All 4 grueling pages.

I think it is  Redrun 

This puts me at N-1.

You (BB2112) are playing an unusual game. Very little analysis, the fourth vote on Theohall, and you're the only person that WarPig was going after on day one. This game day you point at two people, but don't join Remus on one of your suspects until after you've made it clear who you'll push for tomorrow - then you 'shift' to join Remus.

Withdraw Remus West 

BB2112 

This puts BB2112 at N-1.

I really don't know. Remus feels guilty to me. BB2112 feels guilty - and Triggercut could just be playing quiet and letting the villagers fight it out.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting Tally:

1. Remus West - CF -
4. bb2112 - 1B - triggercut, redrun
7. RMC - LF -
8. redrun - SS - Remus West, bb2112

bb2112 (2): triggercut, redrun
redrun (1): bb2112

Majority is 3.

bb2112 is N-1.

The deadline is Thursday, Oct. 11 at 9:00 pm (Eastern)[/quote]
RMC

Post by RMC »

So now it is time to go through everything:

Opening votes:

RMC - Remus West
Chaos - Remus West

Redrun - accuses Remus and Myself working together.

BB - Warpig

Trig - BB2112

Lassr - Theohall

Remus - Chaos
Has Gaming envy - switches to RMC
Trig - Also has gaming envy - switches to RMC

Warpig - BB2112

Theohall - RMC

Puts it at:
Remus West (2): RMC, Chaosraven
WarPig (1): bb2112
theohall (1): Lassr
RMC (3): Remus West, triggercut, theohall
bb2112 (1): WarPig

Redrun - Again tries to tie Remus and myself together, then votes for Theohall

Chaosraven - Switches vote to me, as he is jealous of my smooth head. [Puts me at N-1]

BB2112 - Supports Remus on my vote..But does not switch vote..
BB2112 / Remus - Have a tit for tat conversation about moi.
BB2112 - Calls me out to defend myself
RMC - I state I am a villager, lynch me will not hurt the village much
RMC - I switch to Theohall, as the only other that might get lynched instead of me
BB2112 - Switches vote to Theohall hmmm...Interesting... [N-1 on Theohall]
Warpig - Switches to Theohall, as he is quiet. Hmm.. Wolfy?
Theohall Lynched, with no wait for response.
But then Warpig is killed by wolves? I really wonder about that, why?
Day 2
Remus - RMC, my head is smoother than his.
Lassr - Calling me out, on my lynch me instead of outing the seer plea.
Chaos - Tries to paint me as 'defensive'
Triggercut - BB2112
redrun - again tries to build the Remus and RMC brotherhood.
redrun - throws some blame towards BB, and then again it's the RMC and Remus show.

Then this from Chaos and Lassr talking:
Chaosraven wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Or preemptively defensive.
so you think he's a wolf knowing he got very close yesterday?
I believe it is possible, at n-1, he feels he got lucky that a second lynch climbed right up there and saved him. If he is a wolf, his partner pretty well has to be in there with him. Although in the event his partner had already thrown a vote his way, they couldn't very well back off at n-1. dunno.
So would Chaos put a finger towards his partner? Have a meeting to go to, so will be back with more line by line, and then my thoughts.

Where I left it at:

Voting Tally:

1. Remus West - CF - RMC
2. Lassr - 2B -
4. bb2112 - 1B -
7. RMC - LF -
8. redrun - SS -
9. Chaosraven - SP -

RMC (1): Remus West