[WW] Diamonds Are Forever

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

WarPig

Re: [WW] Diamonds Are Forever

Post by WarPig »

There's not enough here to make a good guess; I suppose one good turn deserves another.

bb2112 

"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

WarPig wrote:There's not enough here to make a good guess; I suppose one good turn deserves another.

bb2112 

How can you vote for him when RMC is going to get to play games all weekend at Octocon and you are not? :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Remus West wrote:How can you vote for him when RMC is going to get to play games all weekend at Octocon and you are not? :P
I try not to let my jealousy cloud my judgment. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred and hatred leads to inadvertently lynching a villager. Or something like that.
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
redrun

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:
WarPig wrote:There's not enough here to make a good guess; I suppose one good turn deserves another.

bb2112 

How can you vote for him when RMC is going to get to play games all weekend at Octocon and you are not? :P
Are you not getting the message? He did vote for someone going to Octocon. Now, as soon as you folks are in a car tomorrow morning we can get this vote taken care of.
Sufficient I am to the day.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

WarPig wrote:Yeesh, what did I do to deserve that?
What? Are you telling me you are not due? I think you are protesting too much.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

redrun wrote:
Remus West wrote:

bb2112 

Are you not getting the message? He did vote for someone going to Octocon. Now, as soon as you folks are in a car tomorrow morning we can get this vote taken care of.
Oh no you don't... you bastards are gonna off me when my back is turned!
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

Why not? I can't make it to Octocon...

RMC 

RMC

Post by RMC »

Well if I get lynched at least I will have something to talk about at Octocon. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting Tally:

1. Remus West - CF - Chaosraven, RMC
2. Lassr - 2B - theohall
3. triggercut - C - bb2112, RMC
4. bb2112 - 1B - WarPig
5. WarPig - 3B - bb2112
6. theohall - RF - RMC
7. RMC - LF - Remus West
8. redrun - SS -
9. Chaosraven - SP - Remus West

Remus West (2): RMC, Chaosraven
WarPig (1): bb2112
theohall (1): Lassr
RMC (3): Remus West, triggercut, theohall
bb2112 (1): WarPig

Majority is 5.

The deadline is Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 9:00 pm (Eastern)[/quote]
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

:coffee:

Hopefully everyone will be back today...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Indeed, Octocon really reduced participation. How can I defend myself against a murdering werewolf if nobody is around to /accuse
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm actually good with where my vote is. I figure if it gets to end game people always seem to suspect RMC regardless of what he does or his guilt/innocence so we may as well check him now.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:I'm actually good with where my vote is. I figure if it gets to end game people always seem to suspect RMC regardless of what he does or his guilt/innocence so we may as well check him now.
And after meeting me, you can still say that... Come on, I am the ultimate in trust worthiness. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:
Remus West wrote:I'm actually good with where my vote is. I figure if it gets to end game people always seem to suspect RMC regardless of what he does or his guilt/innocence so we may as well check him now.
And after meeting me, you can still say that... Come on, I am the ultimate in trust worthiness. :)
I do not disagree with this. However, it doesn't matter what I think about you personally. Essentially shutting down on the game for several days while the deadline got closer means I have jack squat on anyone. Thus, I may as well target someone who will be difficult to get an accurate read on in the late game.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

OR, we could just eliminate you, Remus, and eliminate that problem quickly...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:OR, we could just eliminate you, Remus, and eliminate that problem quickly...
True. And the reasoning I gave to vote RMC works almost equally well in voting against me. Have at it if you feel you must.
redrun

Post by redrun »

1. Something feels wrong to me in the RMC/Remus interaction. See earlier post about last game & Remus wolf partner voting for him to gain village cred, and Remus now semi-pushing towards RMC. If either comes up wolf, I'd want to test the other. However....

2. The combination below bothers me more. The first post below should be joking, the second post stood out - third vote on someone (the point where I think trains start and wolves vote to hide in the middle), and a train start on someone who will be away. I thought we were all joking about killing someone at Octocon. Standard Disclaimer - I'm really bad at reading Theohall.

theohall wrote:How about we try something different? Everyone announce they are a wolf and we figure out who is lying. I will start.

I am a wolf.... ;)
theohall wrote:Why not? I can't make it to Octocon...

RMC 

Theohall 

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

RMC wrote:
having met you...  RMC 

"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I hate working 12 hour days and not being able to get on OO at work. :doh:

I really have no idea. There isn't one post that stands out to me as someone being evil. I am thinking of switching my vote to RMC for two reasons. Remus does make a good point about RMC always seems in doubt at the end, but only because he is usually wrong. The other reason is that he is coming from left field.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting Tally:

2. Lassr - 2B - theohall
4. bb2112 - 1B - WarPig
5. WarPig - 3B - bb2112
6. theohall - RF - RMC
7. RMC - LF - Remus West
8. redrun - SS - theohall
9. Chaosraven - SP - Remus West, RMC

Remus West (1): RMC
theohall (1): Lassr
RMC (4): Remus West, triggercut, theohall, Chaosraven
theohall (1): redrun

Majority is 5.

RMC is N-1.

The deadline is Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 9:00 pm (Eastern)
Last edited by Qantaga on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:I hate working 12 hour days and not being able to get on OO at work. :doh:

I really have no idea. There isn't one post that stands out to me as someone being evil. I am thinking of switching my vote to RMC for two reasons. Remus does make a good point about RMC always seems in doubt at the end, but only because he is usually wrong. The other reason is that he is coming from left field.
Talk about coming from left field. WTH does the colored line mean? Are you saying RMC is usually wrong? Or are you saying I am making a good point because I am usually wrong?

Some things I find odd today:
redrun
redrun's "suspicion" of RMC and myself while ignoring Warpig and bb2112.
Warpig and bb2112
RMC's lack of "fight" regarding his innocence.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I hate working 12 hour days and not being able to get on OO at work. :doh:

Talk about coming from left field. WTH does the colored line mean? Are you saying RMC is usually wrong? Or are you saying I am making a good point because I am usually wrong?
e.
I am saying RMC is usually wrong. You are usually evil. Are we clear now?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:
Remus West wrote:

e.
I am saying RMC is usually wrong. You are usually evil. Are we clear now?
Yep. Though originally I did stumble over the "left field" joke you made. Which is sad as I had made a weak one myself earlier.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RMC, got anything to say? Ppotentially last words and all.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Sorry all.. At a convention this week. I am a villager, so not a big loss at all, if you lynch me. And since as Remus pointed out, I seem to be someone that the wolves can hide behind, I make a very good day one Lynch.

Heck I would vote for myself, but as I am a villager, I will not do that. :)

I still think remus makes a great day one lynch, not because he 'tipped' his hand or anything, but mostly that he has been on team evil for a while, and it just makes sense to get rid of him early.

<shrug> Off to the conference. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm leaving my vote on theohall for now. Tomorrow is the deadline so I will see what shakes out between now and then.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Looking back at the vote summary theohall is at two vote not one two different times. Q has both Lassr and redrun listed as voting theohall but the total votes lists them seperately.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote:Looking back at the vote summary theohall is at two vote not one two different times. Q has both Lassr and redrun listed as voting theohall but the total votes lists them seperately.

:oops:

Let's fix that, shall we?

Voting Tally:

2. Lassr - 2B - theohall
4. bb2112 - 1B - WarPig
5. WarPig - 3B - bb2112
6. theohall - RF - RMC
7. RMC - LF - Remus West

Remus West (1): RMC
theohall (2): Lassr, redrun

Majority is 5.

RMC is N-1.

Thanks Remus!

(Would you believe I was just testing your ability to combine like terms? A+ for you. ;))
RMC

Post by RMC »

Withdraw Remus 

Theohall 

Why Theohall? Why not? I could say he is due, but that usually doesn't work. So I am going with the person who was trying to make jokes about what the wolves should do. <shrug>
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Theohall 

I don't like the fact that he went radio silent when a couple people accused him. What happened to the ranting, frothing at the mouth Theo. This is unlike him.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting Tally:

2. Lassr - 2B - theohall
4. bb2112 - 1B - WarPig, theohall
5. WarPig - 3B - bb2112
6. theohall - RF - RMC
7. RMC - LF - Remus West, theohall

theohall (4): Lassr, redrun, RMC, bb2112

Majority is 5.

RMC is N-1.
theohall is N-1.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote: Theohall 

I don't like the fact that he went radio silent when a couple people accused him. What happened to the ranting, frothing at the mouth Theo. This is unlike him.
Yep. I kept waiting for him to show up and say how wrong we are.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

So do I leave the decision to Warpig? RMC showed me his sneaky side in Cosmic at OctoCon and it has me worried... This push for an alternate lynch... Aaaaargh!
"Where are you off to?"

WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Okay. Since he's been quiet.
 withdraw bb2112 

theohall 

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting Tally:

2. Lassr - 2B - theohall
4. bb2112 - 1B - WarPig, theohall
5. WarPig - 3B - bb2112, theohall
6. theohall - RF - RMC
7. RMC - LF - Remus West, theohall

theohall (5): Lassr, redrun, RMC, bb2112, WarPig

Majority is 5.

Voting is closed.

Last edited by Qantaga on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

(I'm racing out the door this morning and don't want to leave the result hanging until this afternoon)

<snip>... Incredibly moving and memorable account of a day of fear and suspicion at the 'ole ball yard... </snip>...

... with the vote deadlocked, WarPig picks up a bat and stares at RMC and theohall. He rubs his eyes in thought, then starts to turn back toward the dugout... and, in one smooth motion, takes his best home run swing, connecting solidly with theohall's head.

theohall is dead.

Everyone gathers around for any sign of big, shiny teeth or razor sharp claws.

They wait... wait... wait...

There is no transformation. theohall was NOT a wolf.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

It is Night.

Wolves, who will you kill?
Seer, who will you scan?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Didn't even let him wake up from his rather long nap.

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Post by redrun »

WarPig wrote:
Remus West wrote:How can you vote for him when RMC is going to get to play games all weekend at Octocon and you are not? :P
I try not to let my jealousy cloud my judgment. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred and hatred leads to inadvertently lynching a villager. Or something like that.
Haste. Where does haste fit in there?

To be fair, I'm the one who pointed the finger at Theohall. I'm surprised at how quickly the vote moved from RMC to Theo. I'm interested in how folks changed their votes... but I still really wonder about RMC and Remus.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

redrun wrote:
WarPig wrote:
Haste. Where does haste fit in there?

To be fair, I'm the one who pointed the finger at Theohall. I'm surprised at how quickly the vote moved from RMC to Theo. I'm interested in how folks changed their votes... but I still really wonder about RMC and Remus.
Not one single person moved their vote from RMC to theohall as you are implying. If you look at Q's summary up above, everyone that voted RMC stuck with that vote and the rest went theohall. The vote did not move at all.