[WW] -The Pirates of the Flying Octopi - Pirates win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: [WW] -The Pirates of the Flying Octopi - Pirates win

Post by Newcastle »

Gotcha remus. Yeah they absolutely do alter the games. A continuing conversation would have been nice. I guess my point is...look back at past games....and look at how long each day takes...generally you'll find (and this is all according to my off hand recollection) is that the first day takes between 10-14 days, second goes a bit faster and is usually done in about 10 days, and it gets noticeable faster after that.

To be fair also, look at my second post in my rules section. First thing i put was deadlines could come into play.

Youre right they do spur forced decissions and so forth. Absolutely. But that's the point to force the village to get off their collective ass and make a choice. Their really was not a lot of movement in game, the deadlines helped propel the discussions.

I really hope not to have to do that again, because it does change the nature of the game. I do prefer the game to have a more natural flow to it, and let folks come to a decission without deadlines. That would have been my first choice.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lol. I just realized pr0ner helped nail El Guapo but while avoiding the Remus vote and both were wolves. Wow.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I disagree. I like deadline games. I feel like I'm talking to myself in non-deadline games a lot, and then it is frustrating. I totally get people being busy, and RL getting in the way, but if you have a deadline, then you are more inclined to make adjustments. When you don't have that deadline it is way too easy to just say, "I will just check in tomorrow." You may, or may not, because, guess what? You are still busy!

Games without deadlines stall to an almost complete stop for long periods. I remember some people begging CR to create a deadline in his game. I also like Fantasy Football Leagues that have the tight end as a position on the team and not as an optional receiver. And people who actually do their jobs and not spend more time and energy trying to get out of doing them. And use a frigging turn signal when you want to turn. And get out of the left lane if you plan on driving slower than everyone else. And when there are 20 people behind you in a check out lane, try to pay quickly instead of digging through your change purse to get rid of all your pennies. Yeah, I have opinions.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

and all of those you printed are the correct ones except the deadlines thing. :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:and all of those you printed are the correct ones except the deadlines thing. :P
That's ok. You will understand when you get older. Now get off my lawn!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Hmmm :shock:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:
Remus West wrote:and all of those you printed are the correct ones except the deadlines thing. :P
That's ok. You will understand when you get older. Now get off my lawn!
Dude, you're a child compared to me. Hell, your pants don't even properly cover your nipples.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

That only happens when I shop at Walmart. I don't want to stand out in that crowd.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

FWIW I actually like deadlines too - seems to focus the minds of the village better. But then, I like deadlines in life generally, since I personally find it difficult to get stuff done without them.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I like deadlines but I like deadlines that a few weeks out.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
theohall

Post by theohall »

I am all for giving folks a chance to move something along without deadlines. However, if a day is 2 weeks long and barely anyone is posting at the end of those 2 weeks, deadlines are necessary.