[WW] -The Pirates of the Flying Octopi - Pirates win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: [WW] -The Pirates of the Flying Octopi - DAY 3 DEADLINE

Post by Lassr »

pr0ner wrote:All it takes is the three of you to place your vote there and he's 2 votes away from a majority. That would generate momentum.
I'd like to see what others think.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:
pr0ner wrote:All it takes is the three of you to place your vote there and he's 2 votes away from a majority. That would generate momentum.
I still think that the trio: Remus West, Scoop, and Lassr are good. I know I am good, and I think Holman by extension is good, from his silly following of my 'zerker mistake.

That leaves:
1. Pr0ner
2. Mr. Bubbles
3. Vorrent
4. Lagom Lite
5. El Guapo

So out of that five, there are 3 wolves if I am right.

My order is, after some rereading, and my above thought process(which is usually wrong)

1. Mr. Bubbles
2. Pr0ner
3. <shrug> I have no idea. Any of the other three are just as likely in my thoughts.
If I had to pick one, El Guapo is a good target, as he has contributed some, but his insights are not as full as in other games. But that is not a good reason to go after him normally, but as a third choice I am okay with.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I do agree that El Guapo invisibility is troublesome and most of his post we're resume of everything that happend, nothing conclusive but decent info nontheless.

Lagom
Holman
And I guess El Guapo right now are my top 3 in no specific order.

I still get some odd vibe from Scoop but everyone seems to think he's good so I'll let it go until his next crazy moment.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Lassr wrote:
Okay, my top 3, then:

1. El Guapo
2. Lagom
3. Mr Bubbles
Hodor.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo 

Why not. I see Remus is not on many lists. Shockingly.

El Guapo has laid low. I had an early suspicion of him when a lot of his lists were lacking Remus comments (going back to me thinking Remus is a wolf). Others suspect him so let's see what happens.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: El Guapo 

Why not. I see Remus is not on many lists. Shockingly.

El Guapo has laid low. I had an early suspicion of him when a lot of his lists were lacking Remus comments (going back to me thinking Remus is a wolf). Others suspect him so let's see what happens.
I am not as eager to vote for him, but since that usually means he is a wolf, because I am always wrong, I will vote for him prior to the deadline if everyone else wants to go that way. I am still stuck on Mr. Bubbles, which also means he is most likely our seer or something.

<sigh>
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Votes

Scoop (2) - Holman, Vorret,
Vorret (1) - Remus West,
Remus West (2) - Scoop, Lagom Lite,
Mr Bubbles (1) - RMC,
El Guapo (2) - Proner, Lassr,

No Votes Cast - Mr. Bubbles, El Guapo,

Majority is 6
If there are any errors please signal your friendly moderator and they'll rectify the situation.

Please stand by as our wenches pass out our complementary shooters of rum, have to get loaded before you deload; Port Royale regulations.

Thank you for sailing in the Flying Octopi.

:coffee: DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY 2/27 6 pm pst (9 pm EST) :coffee:

11 hours
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Vorret wrote:I do agree that El Guapo invisibility is troublesome and most of his post we're resume of everything that happend, nothing conclusive but decent info nontheless.

Lagom
Holman

I still get some odd vibe from Scoop but everyone seems to think he's good so I'll let it go until his next crazy moment.
Holman...hmm, I keep forgetting about him. If you are a wolf vorret, could you be placing a partner in your list like El Guapo.

I just went back and looked a Holman's early posts. I remember at one time I had a suspicion of him after this post:
Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:Well, I was just getting suspicious about bb2112. Now I'm back to scratching my head.
What about BB made you suspicious?
Well, nothing comes of it, obviously. But that "accidental" sudden death vote struck me as odd.

I didn't believe a wolf was killing theohall to silence him or something (since what could he know on day one anyway?). But I'd started wondering if it weren't some kind of staged performance of the kind of move a wolf probably wouldn't make. It seemed contrived somehow.
just checking because your post set off a little alarm in my head. Just didn't feel right.
but after his question about what is a berserker I kind of backed off, But I got to thinking if he is a wolf and there is no berserker then he wouldn't know. He could ask his partners, or he could ask the village and look innocent.

Just a thought to keep in mind. He's not in my top 3 but he's no longer on probably good list. RMC's comment about berserker seemed legit though.

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Lassr wrote:
Vorret wrote:I do agree that El Guapo invisibility is troublesome and most of his post we're resume of everything that happend, nothing conclusive but decent info nontheless.

Lagom
Holman

Holman...hmm, I keep forgetting about him. If you are a wolf vorret, could you be placing a partner in your list like El Guapo.

I just went back and looked a Holman's early posts. I remember at one time I had a suspicion of him after this post:
Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:Well, I was just getting suspicious about bb2112. Now I'm back to scratching my head.
What about BB made you suspicious?
Well, nothing comes of it, obviously. But that "accidental" sudden death vote struck me as odd.

I didn't believe a wolf was killing theohall to silence him or something (since what could he know on day one anyway?). But I'd started wondering if it weren't some kind of staged performance of the kind of move a wolf probably wouldn't make. It seemed contrived somehow.
just checking because your post set off a little alarm in my head. Just didn't feel right.
but after his question about what is a berserker I kind of backed off, But I got to thinking if he is a wolf and there is no berserker then he wouldn't know. He could ask his partners, or he could ask the village and look innocent.

Just a thought to keep in mind. He's not in my top 3 but he's no longer on probably good list. RMC's comment about berserker seemed legit though.
I don't have any partner other than my nude parrot. I'm ready to vote for any of the 3 I've put on that list at any time. The only one I don't have a wolf vibe from is El Guapo, he's there because of his inactivity which isn't helping us at all.
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Vorret, why Holman?

I do have to say his falling off the face of the earth lately is a little worrisome. But most have kept him in the good guy area.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

RMC wrote:Vorret, why Holman?

I do have to say his falling off the face of the earth lately is a little worrisome. But most have kept him in the good guy area.
Honestly, I don't know, I've had a weird hunch since we started, like Lassr has for Remus I guess. Can't quite put my finger on it but I'm keeping him in my "watch" list just in case he comes back and says something weird.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

My top three are:

Remus West
Vorret
Mr Bubbles

El Guapo is not in my top three for but neither is in my leaning good category.

I'll switch to him now to see if we can get the momentum generated to avoid missing completely at the deadline.

El Guapo 

Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Alright, seems like there's enough interest.

El Guapo 

Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

He's N-2
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

I will switch my vote, but let's make sure he get's a chance to talk.

Withdraw Mr. Bubbles 

El Guapo 

Now he is at N-1. So let's not vote for him any longer, and let him talk..
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Votes

Scoop (1) - Holman,
Vorret (1) - Remus West,
Remus West (1) - Lagom Lite,
El Guapo (5) - Proner, Lassr, Scoop, Vorret, RMC,

No Votes Cast - Mr. Bubbles, El Guapo,

Majority is 6
If there are any errors please signal your friendly moderator and they'll rectify the situation.

As a courtesy please make sure all parrots are silent until we have disembarked. This is due to the tragedy of the raiding ship "Plunder Mates" being bombarded by the Forts guns due to a crewman's parrots' uncanny ability to mimic gunfire. All crew died, the parrot survived.

Thank you for sailing in the Flying Octopi.

:coffee: DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY 2/27 6 pm pst (9 pm EST) :coffee:

10 hours
Bayraktar!!!!

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Wowza.. We can't really wait too long. I'd be more than happy to cast the last vote, but I will give Guapo more time to respond. Crazy how I'm working my way up the list. Not sure what I am doing to get such suspicion, but I suppose I'm more active than normal and that creeps people out.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeesh! Bad few days to be busy I guess. Anyhow, I should at least offer that I'm not special, no matter what my mother tells me. Otherwise, I'll admit that I haven't been helping the village much this game day due to being generally quiet. Not sure that's a terrific reason to vote for someone when we're getting close to the brink, though.

In terms of my threat list:

(1) Remus / Lassr. One of them has to be a wolf. Lately I feel like Lassr's logic is pretty compelling, so he's coming off better.
(2) Mr Bubbles - some of this is him being quiet, but it's also that when he does vote / join in his arguments are pretty thin and unconvincing.
(3) Holman - not sure why his berserker wolf comment has suddenly become some cure-all to the suspicions that were following him on the first two game days. Not like a wolf is immune to not knowing the rules, especially when it's a newbie. Plus these things can be staged.

Scoop overall reads good to me. Lagom's a big question mark - could be a wolf, but don't have a big vibe here one way or the other. Now that pr0ner's become much more active Day 3, his wolf probability (WP) has gone way down. I mean, he is voting for me, but I do understand the "kill the quiet guy" logic.

I could go for any of my top 3. But gun to my head (as it seems to be) I'd say

Remus West 

Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok, heard from El Guapo. He claimed not special and gave his reasoning.

My votes still on El Guapo but I'd like ask ONE MORE TIME that we test Remus West.

Lets seriously discuss why we can't test him. So far pr0ner has been the only one to say why (no bad vibe).

Lets hear from the rest of you soon.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, heard from El Guapo. He claimed not special and gave his reasoning.

My votes still on El Guapo but I'd like ask ONE MORE TIME that we test Remus West.

Lets seriously discuss why we can't test him. So far pr0ner has been the only one to say why (no bad vibe).

I don't get any bad vibe from him either, even though he's voting for me.
Then again, I don't get any bad vibe from El Guapo either.

I kinda hate voting him off simply because he's not posting much (it sucks because it doesn't help) but at this stage I'd prefer we vote someone we all agree could be a wolf.
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, heard from El Guapo. He claimed not special and gave his reasoning.

Well I also said, I think, he along with you, Lassr, and Holman, all seem good to me.

Remus is always worth a lynching, and whenever I am hesitant to lynch him, he is a wolf.. <shrug>

We have to find a wolf, so we can at least start looking at interactions... Hmmm...
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

El Guapo wrote: (2) Mr Bubbles - some of this is him being quiet, but it's also that when he does vote / join in his arguments are pretty thin and unconvincing.
And yet I am much more active than you. Funny how you can accuse other people of things are more guilty of. Also at least I can say I never joined a train to vote for an innocent.
 El Guapo 

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
El Guapo wrote: (2) Mr Bubbles - some of this is him being quiet, but it's also that when he does vote / join in his arguments are pretty thin and unconvincing.
And yet I am much more active than you. Funny how you can accuse other people of things are more guilty of. Also at least I can say I never joined a train to vote for an innocent.
 El Guapo 

And here.
We.
Go....
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

We're probably going to come out empty handed, a wolf would have fought harder for his survival.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Vorret wrote:We're probably going to come out empty handed, a wolf would have fought harder for his survival.
it was a nice farewell post. Didn't seem wolfish but we'll see.

Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Some do and some don't. You fight too hard for your innocence and you will be perceived wolfish every time, regardless of your actual innocence or not. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. We shall see.
Bertrand Russell
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo wrote:It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.
Really??? That quote from that book?

Actually I liked that book, and that quote is kind of good. :)
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.
Just in case you're a wolf.
Who are the other wolves? Please tell us. :ninja:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

As you know, the concept of the suction pump is centuries old. And really, that's all this is, except that instead of sucking water, I'm sucking life. I've just sucked one year of your life away. I might one day go as high as five, but I really don't know what that would do to you, so let's just start with what we have. What did this do to you? Tell me. And remember, this is for posterity, so... be honest. How do you feel?
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Voting CLOSED

Scoop (1) - Holman,
Vorret (1) - Remus West,
Remus West (1) - Lagom Lite, El Guapo,
El Guapo (6) - Proner, Lassr, Scoop, Vorret, RMC, Mr. Bubbles,

Majority is 6

The crew looked forward to disembarking at Port Royale, maybe an answer could be found. As they started to dock the crew took an extended look at El Guapo. They looked at his manners and his silence and took a chance. Quickly they strung him up and hung him from a mast.

El Guapo struggled for a bit, then his body went limp........

The crew were dejected hoping for something more than that.

Then smoke started writhing from his body. Thick, black smoke emanated from his pores. Then with a BANG his body was gone.

EL GUAPO HAD BEEN AN EVIL SPIRIT

BOILERPLATE-
EVIL SPIRITS & SPECIALS GET YOUR ORDERS IN BY 10pm pst THURS. 2/28 (36 HOURS FROM NOW)
Last edited by Newcastle on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

fyi OO is really slow for me now. anyone else?
Bayraktar!!!!

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Yup. I've having to refresh the page several times to get it to load.
Bertrand Russell
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Newcastle wrote:fyi OO is really slow for me now. anyone else?
Yep.
You crashed it.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Just in case the board goes down, i'll take that into account in terms of any deadlines from here on out.
Bayraktar!!!!

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Btw.. YESS!!!!!! Good job folks. We finally nailed a bad guy.
Bertrand Russell
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Wow... that was unexpected.
So lynching silent player works.

Let's do Mr.Bubbles next.

:lol:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

A tale of two cities.. Nice.
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Vorret wrote:Wow... that was unexpected.
So lynching silent player works.

Let's do Mr.Bubbles next.

:lol:
I swear I could post 20 times a day and people will still accuse me of being silent.
Bertrand Russell
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Holy shit, my hunch was right!

:shock:
Hodor.