[WW] -The Pirates of the Flying Octopi - Pirates win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: [WW] -The Pirates of the Flying Octopi - DAY 3 DEADLINE

Post by Scoop20906 »

Wow! Awesome. Hmmm. With his lack of interactions with others it's going to be difficult to connect him to his fellows but damn, that was awesome.

Hmm, so who was El Guapo avoiding?

Oh, and pr0ner, nice work! If you would be so kind as to a data dumb before the night is over I'd appreciate it. I've a feeling you might not make it.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

pr0ner wrote:Holy shit, my hunch was right!

:shock:
I must admit, that hunch was golden.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Well there was your problem! You was a wolf!
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Scoop20906 wrote:Wow! Awesome. Hmmm. With his lack of interactions with others it's going to be difficult to connect him to his fellows but damn, that was awesome.

Oh, and pr0ner, nice work! If you would be so kind as to a data dumb before the night is over I'd appreciate it. I've a feeling you might not make it.
I don't really have any data to dump, unfortunately. Not the seer, not the shooter.

I'm not sure what to read into El Guapo's vote on Remus, but I might give him the benefit of the doubt tomorrow. Still would like to see which way Holman goes - not sure the berserker thing should completely clear him (and I've been suspicious of him for a long time).
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

pr0ner wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Wow! Awesome. Hmmm. With his lack of interactions with others it's going to be difficult to connect him to his fellows but damn, that was awesome.

I don't really have any data to dump, unfortunately. Not the seer, not the shooter.

I'm not sure what to read into El Guapo's vote on Remus, but I might give him the benefit of the doubt tomorrow. Still would like to see which way Holman goes - not sure the berserker thing should completely clear him (and I've been suspicious of him for a long time).
Then again, El Guapo put Holman in his "threat list", so who knows what to think.
Hodor.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

pr0ner wrote:
pr0ner wrote:

Then again, El Guapo put Holman in his "threat list", so who knows what to think.
Yea we may have been wrong about Holman after all.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Well, again, early in the game he didn't mention Remus much in his analysis of everyone and then at the last minute today he placed a vote on Remus.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

pr0ner wrote:Holy shit, my hunch was right!

:shock:
and thanks for getting that ball rolling. He was on my list but I really couldn't justify starting the vote on him yet as it was flimsy evidence.

Hunches are sometimes better than the info presented to us in posts.

My hunch is Remus.

Dammit.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

In retrospect he had been a much more assertive type player, so this was definitely a departure from her usual play.
I wouldn't mind testing Remus next.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

And now that pr0ner got his hunch right and has shot to the top of the wolve's threat list, my odds of surviving until tomorrow have greatly increased!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:And now that pr0ner got his hunch right and has shot to the top of the wolve's threat list, my odds of surviving until tomorrow have greatly increased!
I don't see why they'd want to kill you to be honest
Isgrimnur wrote:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Vorret wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:And now that pr0ner got his hunch right and has shot to the top of the wolve's threat list, my odds of surviving until tomorrow have greatly increased!
I don't see why they'd want to kill you to be honest
+1000
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Holman

Post by Holman »

Wow--that went fast! And we got a wolf!

I never got a vibe at all from El Guapo, but this throws me back on suspicion of the silent types. Maybe that's the game they're playing. I'm probably missing something.

I'm still wary of Scoop, but I'll have to go back and look into his interactions with El Guapo to know what to think.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Newcastle

Re: [WW] -The Pirates of the Flying Octopi -Night 3

Post by Newcastle »

The crew had found what they were told was the best Mystic in Port Royale, they were quiet as she spoke.

“So you come to find how to lift the curse? Let me see a piece of that treasure!” The crew passed her what looked like Scoop’s tiara. She rubbed her hands over it for a few moments then grew silent.

“I have the answer you seek. You must sail a full days South of Port Royale, until you reach an island that has two mountains that look like the devil’s horns. You must climb the highest one. Then at the stroke of midnight you will follow these directions.” She quickly jotted down something on a piece of paper then sealed it in a wax envelope.

“This curse is powerful it will claim one of you before you leave these shores! Now begone!” The crew paid her and darted out rushing back to the ship. They were rounding a corner when all of a sudden a when Gunfire erupted. The crew stopped and took defensive spots. Down the street they saw people fleeing a bar as a group of men fought with knives, muskets and fists.

The crew wanted no part of this and doubled back and zigzagged through the streets until they reached the ship. All seemed safe and sound as they boarded.

“I’ve been hit!” a voice said. All eyes turned to the source. Lassr’s hands were clutching his stomach and they the growing splotch of blood on his shirt.

“I…I….”Lassr started, then his face blanched as he keeled over and died.

IT IS DAY

Votes

NO VOTES CAST - Holman, Remus West, Lagom Lite, Proner, Scoop, Vorret, RMC, Mr. Bubbles,

Majority is 5

DEADLINE IS Friday March 8, 6PM PST
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Vorret

Re: [WW] -The Pirates of the Flying Octopi - DAY 4

Post by Vorret »

Well, first of all, I'm awesome.
Or lucky.
Or both.

But one thing I know, is I lost my pants, happens all the time when I drink.

Next thing I know is, Lassr will be happy, because he was right all along.

I see things and what I see is ... interesting.
I do NOT know if the shooter is alive, but, it does not matter at this point.

On the first night, I scanned Holman. Why? I dunno, good hunch I guess, and guess what? He's evil.
Next night I scanned Lassr. He's good, but he's not the shooter.
And yesterday I scanned Remus. He's evil. The only reason I scanned him was I knew everyone would hate me if I didn't!

With El Guapo dead, that's 3 wolves.

Ok fine, I'm massively lucky but that's part of the job, right...... right? :ninja:

I'm gonna start with Remus and keep Holman as desert.

Remus West 

Isgrimnur wrote:
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

:binky: :coffee: :binky:
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Too soon Vorret. Your side needs two misses not one so lynching me won't do it for you.

Vorret 

I don't expect to get a lot of support for this but I'd been pretty firm in thinking Vorret is a wolf so this play makes sense in regards to it is likely to get me killed before him.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Remus West wrote:Too soon Vorret. Your side needs two misses not one so lynching me won't do it for you.

Vorret 

I don't expect to get a lot of support for this but I'd been pretty firm in thinking Vorret is a wolf so this play makes sense in regards to it is likely to get me killed before him.
Don't be silly now.
People WILL want to know if I'm right by lynching you. I mean, you're the big bad Remus West, famous wolf.
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Well lookee here... You see this little thing at my side?

Well I is the shooter, and someone is gonna die... :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
RMC

Post by RMC »

So here is what we got...

Wolfy by Vorret decree:
Holman
Remus West

Not wolfy by Vorret
Lagom Lite
Proner
Scoop
Mr. Bubbles

Vorret - He says he is the seer
RMC - I be the shooter... :)

8 of us left, 2 wolves
6 pirates, 2 wolves.

I shoot one of the accused and he is a wolf, we win. Lynch the second one.

I shoot one of the accused and he is not a wolf, we lynch Vorret, down to one wolf and 4 good guys(One dead by me, one lynched(assuming Vorret is a wolf, if one of the accused in not a wolf, one killed at night.)

So I guess I will wait a little bit for any counter claim not from Remus or Holman, and then kill Remus.

Since I met Remus before and he beat me at board games, so now I get to virtually shoot him. And I should have lynch'd him on day one...<sigh> And well Holman, seemed so nice.... :)
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I am good with Remus West. I don't see any other choice, but to test Remus with a shot of lead.
Bertrand Russell
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Lassr may have been right all along? Only one way to find out. Do it, RMC.
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Also, Holman's looked fishy to me from the start, so it's nice to see I may be proven right there, too.
Hodor.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I'm happy to know the shooter is still alive.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

pr0ner wrote:Lassr may have been right all along? Only one way to find out. Do it, RMC.
Remus has been acting suspect and it all started with Remus trying to make Lassr look back. If you go back to the exchange it definitely looked forced, but defended remus saying it was typical of him. I didn't see it that way, which is why I also had Remus on high suspicion.
Bertrand Russell
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
pr0ner wrote:Lassr may have been right all along? Only one way to find out. Do it, RMC.
Remus has been acting suspect and it all started with Remus trying to make Lassr look back. If you go back to the exchange it definitely looked forced, but defended remus saying it was typical of him. I didn't see it that way, which is why I also had Remus on high suspicion.
I was also defending Remus, didn't think he was evil.
I'm a bad judge of character.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Vorret wrote:Well, first of all, I'm awesome.
Or lucky.
Or both.

But one thing I know, is I lost my pants, happens all the time when I drink.

Next thing I know is, Lassr will be happy, because he was right all along.

I see things and what I see is ... interesting.
I do NOT know if the shooter is alive, but, it does not matter at this point.

On the first night, I scanned Holman. Why? I dunno, good hunch I guess, and guess what? He's evil.
Next night I scanned Lassr. He's good, but he's not the shooter.
And yesterday I scanned Remus. He's evil. The only reason I scanned him was I knew everyone would hate me if I didn't!

With El Guapo dead, that's 3 wolves.

Ok fine, I'm massively lucky but that's part of the job, right...... right? :ninja:

I'm gonna start with Remus and keep Holman as desert.

Remus West 

Wow.

That is truly awesome. Well done. :)

Remus West 

withdraw Remus West 

Ah, right. And RMC is the shooter. :shock:

Well, do your thing...
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Holman

Post by Holman »

I don't believe Vorret is the seer. If he is, why didn't he push for a shooter to shoot on an earlier day? The math works out.

Therefore  Vorret 

is making a late-game play to fool us all.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Vorret wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
I was also defending Remus, didn't think he was evil.
I'm a bad judge of character.
Not as bad as most of us. Even the skillful Remus has had an off day or two, or three.
Bertrand Russell
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I'm guessing RMC will shoot Remus so.

Withdraw remus 

Holman 

Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Yeah... I'll shoot Remus. It's fun to shoot him... PM away..
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:Yeah... I'll shoot Remus. It's fun to shoot him... PM away..
You should have shot Vorret. If he were telling the truth then he would die Pirate and you'd have the game won as the numbers would then lock it for team good. When he actually dies Evil Spirit you'd have known not to trust his claims. Anyway, good luck.

I actually don't think Holman is Evil but I'm not sure on the third without him being in the mix. I'd doubt Scoop or Bubbles are Evil but other than that I'm not sure what to make of the rest.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

:binky: :pop: :binky:

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

As the crew boarded the ship, Vorret claimed that Remus was a Spirit.

RMC stood up, whipped out his double barrel shotgun, and aimed at Remus West. "This is payback!" He shouted as he pulled the trigger.

Remus body took the full load of shot and died in an instant. The crew stared at Remus body as it started to melt and evaporate. Black smoke rushed out and dissipated in the morning mist.

REMUS WAS AN EVIL SPIRIT
Bayraktar!!!!

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Holman you got any last words?
Bertrand Russell
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Holman 

Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:REMUS WAS AN EVIL SPIRIT
:binky: :shock: :binky:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Votes -

Holman (2 ) - Vorret, Proner,

NO VOTES CAST - Holman, Lagom Lite, Scoop, RMC, Mr. Bubbles,

Majority is 4
Bayraktar!!!!

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Holman 

Bertrand Russell
Holman

Post by Holman »

"Aarrrr--I would have made it, too, if it weren't fer all of ya lot of said, sorry seamen! Call yerselves pirates, do ya?? Yer nuthin' but a rabble a Damned VILLAGERS!!!!"