[WW] -The Pirates of the Flying Octopi - Pirates win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Holman

Re: [WW] -The Pirates of the Flying Octopi - DAY 3 DEADLINE

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Holman wrote:I read and read, and I'm still left with the sense that Scoop is somehow trying to hide in plan sight. My vote stays on him.
Well, you are still firmly in my "Leaning Good due to the Berserker Wolf Comments" category. :P
You may smile and murder while you smile.

(Wait, wrong theme!)
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:/Shakes his head sadly at the two of you.
You really do not get it do you, Scoop? Of course I was looking for a specific reaction from you regarding a very specific role. I have almost nothing without it. I can not decide if you are evil or simply misguided that badly. I still think Lassr is simply misguided.
You've done nothing else but sit back and watch really.
You still either don't see what I'm saying, are not tryig to see it, or just don't want people (mainly me I suppose) to think you see it.

#1, I did not "snipe at you" regarding you making an announcement. I said I expected you to shoot. Stop and think why I'd look for that particular announcement when you were being vague about your role yet hinting special.

#2, get your silly votes off me. They are wrong and do not assist in finding the bad guys.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

pr0ner wrote:You would think so, but obviously RMC doesn't see it that way.
Well What do you see, then? Where is your vote?

I have outlined why I think what I think. Might not be the best logic, but it is the logic I am using.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:
You really do not get it do you, Scoop? Of course I was looking for a specific reaction from you regarding a very specific role. I have almost nothing without it. I can not decide if you are evil or simply misguided that badly. I still think Lassr is simply misguided.
Also, this really bothers me. Lassr's panties are all wadded up because I stirred things up so much and yours because all I've done is sit back and watch. Those two positions are contradictory.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Also, this really bothers me. Lassr's panties are all wadded up because I stirred things up so much and yours because all I've done is sit back and watch. Those two positions are contradictory.
That is the one thing you did back on day 1. Created a lot of confusion. Since then you have been more of a watcher. And the wadded panties are causing a rash from friction and it is irritating the hell out of me. But it is only causing me to walk funny, not causing me to think you are a wolf.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Votes

Scoop (2) - Holman, Vorret,
Vorret (1) - Remus West,
Lagom Lite (1) - RMC,
Remus West (3) - Scoop, Lassr, Lagom Lite,

No Votes Cast - Mr. Bubbles, El Guapo, Proner,

Majority is 6
If there are any errors please signal your friendly moderator and they'll rectify the situation.

Please put away all cutlasses, tiara's, muskets, adjust all peglegs and patches as we begin our final approach to Port Royale.

Thank you for sailing in the Flying Octopi.

:coffee: DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY 2/27 6 pm pst (9 pm EST) :coffee:

35 hours
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

RMC wrote:

I have outlined why I think what I think. Might not be the best logic, but it is the logic I am using.
You missed the point of my comment. Scoop wanted people to wait before we started voting for Lagom again so he could info dump, yet, as soon as Scoop checked back in, without info dumping, you voted for Lagom.
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote: withdrawal Lagom Lite 

Le me catch up.
You guys are so confusing.
Isn't that the point. Confuse us to the point where our aim is off just enough to buy a couple days. Guarantee you some of the wolves are the most vocal. We have been led wrong to this point.
Then why aren't you voting for someone?
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
That is the one thing you did back on day 1. Created a lot of confusion. Since then you have been more of a watcher. And the wadded panties are causing a rash from friction and it is irritating the hell out of me. But it is only causing me to walk funny, not causing me to think you are a wolf.
I thought you were walking funny because you picked up the soap Scoop dropped. :shock:

I'm sticking with my vorret vote but Scoop's play now looks very bad to me. I liked the play when I thought he had something to back it up. Showing he literally has nothing backing his efforts makes it look more like he was trying to make a special panic or feel threatened and make a premature claim.

If Scoop is evil then the interactions between he and Holman/RMC become more interesting given that he used the same incident to clear the two of them. Throw Lassr into the mix from the same incident and it looks like a wolf sucking up to the crowd to build a support base. The question becomes whether or not he hid a partner in the group he "cleared".
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
I thought you were walking funny because you picked up the soap Scoop dropped. :shock:

I'm sticking with my vorret vote but Scoop's play now looks very bad to me. I liked the play when I thought he had something to back it up. Showing he literally has nothing backing his efforts makes it look more like he was trying to make a special panic or feel threatened and make a premature claim.

If Scoop is evil then the interactions between he and Holman/RMC become more interesting given that he used the same incident to clear the two of them. Throw Lassr into the mix from the same incident and it looks like a wolf sucking up to the crowd to build a support base. The question becomes whether or not he hid a partner in the group he "cleared".
What bothers me is Scoop is trying so hard to tell us he's not a wolf that it's now having the opposite effect.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Vorret wrote: What bothers me is Scoop is trying so hard to tell us he's not a wolf that it's now having the opposite effect.
then are we at a point that Scoop has become such a distraction that we need to lynch him to see what he is and to eliminate any distraction going forward so we can focus on finding wolves?

I have advocated this for myself in games where everyone was convinced I was a wolf and would not listen to me and thus they lost focus on finding the actual wolves.

I have said this feels like the good Scoop from past games. If he is evil then kudos to him but if we must eliminate him to move forward then now is the time.

I'd rather vote Remus today. Vorret a distant 2nd.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Lassr wrote:
Vorret wrote: What bothers me is Scoop is trying so hard to tell us he's not a wolf that it's now having the opposite effect.
then are we at a point that Scoop has become such a distraction that we need to lynch him to see what he is and to eliminate any distraction going forward so we can focus on finding wolves?

I have advocated this for myself in games where everyone was convinced I was a wolf and would not listen to me and thus they lost focus on finding the actual wolves.

I have said this feels like the good Scoop from past games. If he is evil then kudos to him but if we must eliminate him to move forward then now is the time.

I hate that at this stage of the game, where there's ALOT on the line we have to vote on a simple hunch. I really thought Scoop was going to come out with some great info and we'd have a clearer picture of the whole thing, now we're back to guessing and we haven't had good guesses so far!
Isgrimnur wrote:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I have been leaning more toward scoop. He is more of a distraction than a benefit. I could see him being a wolf and just hoping that it would buy another day or two to improve their number enough to really push our backs against the wall. I could vote for Lagom, Remus, but I'm leaning more toward Scoop each time he posts.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Vorret wrote:
Lassr wrote:

I hate that at this stage of the game, where there's ALOT on the line we have to vote on a simple hunch. I really thought Scoop was going to come out with some great info and we'd have a clearer picture of the whole thing, now we're back to guessing and we haven't had good guesses so far!
well, you are at a disadvantage being new...unless you are a wolf then it benefits you because we have no feel for you. That is one of the reason you are on my list, I'm just not sure that I can read you later at crunch time. And if you are being well coached by other wolves it could make it even more difficult.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

ideally, IMHO, the seer should scan a newbie eventually.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

pr0ner wrote:
RMC wrote:

You missed the point of my comment. Scoop wanted people to wait before we started voting for Lagom again so he could info dump, yet, as soon as Scoop checked back in, without info dumping, you voted for Lagom.
Umm... I voted for him before, so I could care less about the info dump. I gave my reasons for voting for him.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I have been leaning more toward scoop. He is more of a distraction than a benefit. I could see him being a wolf and just hoping that it would buy another day or two to improve their number enough to really push our backs against the wall. I could vote for Lagom, Remus, but I'm leaning more toward Scoop each time he posts.
Here, then this post will help you, wolf.

I made my play knowing full well it could backfire and I could be lynched.

I have rarely seen a wolves do that especially when there has been no heat on them up to that point.

I'm fine with lynching me today but realize you are just making the wolves job easier. They do not want me to last into the night and have to make a hard decision on whether to off me.

Again, here are my three:

Remus West
Vorret
Mr Bubbles
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:I have been leaning more toward scoop. He is more of a distraction than a benefit. I could see him being a wolf and just hoping that it would buy another day or two to improve their number enough to really push our backs against the wall. I could vote for Lagom, Remus, but I'm leaning more toward Scoop each time he posts.
Here, then this post will help you, wolf.

I made my play knowing full well it could backfire and I could be lynched.

I have rarely seen a wolves do that especially when there has been no heat on them up to that point.

I'm fine with lynching me today but realize you are just making the wolves job easier. They do not want me to last into the night and have to make a hard decision on whether to off me.

Again, here are my three:

Remus West
Vorret
Mr Bubbles
So after your push for LL you are now pushing for these three Scoop?

Mr Bubbles has always been on my list of people to lynch, so I can certainly lean that way.. RW might be a wolf, but I just don't see it right now. And Vorret..<shrug> I guess he could be...

Withdraw Lagom Lite 

Mr Bubbles 

But we have to settle on someone, as we have only a day left before the deadline.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:They do not want me to last into the night and have to make a hard decision on whether to off me.
You keep saying that but you undermined any truth there was to it. You have openly stated you are NOT either special role. Them killing you is pointless. You are clearly suspected by a portion of the village. You have no means to find them. Your current number 1 target is not them. They have no motivation to kill you in the night. I have a feeling tomorrow you'll be talking about all the things I just pointed out to explain your survival.

Hell, at this point I'm a better target for the night kill than you are. We are about equal in people talking about being willing to lynch us but at least I have left them guessing as to whether or not I have a special role. You haven't even done that much.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:They do not want me to last into the night and have to make a hard decision on whether to off me.
You keep saying that but you undermined any truth there was to it. You have openly stated you are NOT either special role. Them killing you is pointless. You are clearly suspected by a portion of the village. You have no means to find them. Your current number 1 target is not them. They have no motivation to kill you in the night. I have a feeling tomorrow you'll be talking about all the things I just pointed out to explain your survival.

Hell, at this point I'm a better target for the night kill than you are. We are about equal in people talking about being willing to lynch us but at least I have left them guessing as to whether or not I have a special role. You haven't even done that much.
I kind of agree with Remus on this one. But I don't think either of you are wolves... currently..
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:

If Scoop is indeed not a wolf, then it is to their advantage to keep him alive as much as possible. I definitely agree with this post. I still suspect him more and more, because for example "they do not want me to last into the night" is just so glaringly wrong. He has sewed seeds of confusion, hell if he isn't evil then he is still working for them.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:

If Scoop is indeed not a wolf, then it is to their advantage to keep him alive as much as possible. I definitely agree with this post. I still suspect him more and more, because for example "they do not want me to last into the night" is just so glaringly wrong. He has sewed seeds of confusion, hell if he isn't evil then he is still working for them.
So either he's a great wolf or he's nothing and screwing all of us or he's a special who just pulled the best miioove ever....

I dion't know.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

To liven up this thread a bit.. I took a picture of Scoop the evil.
Spoiler:
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I may look like an idiot after the game but I am 99% sure Scoop is not evil. That move he made reminds me of so many Scoop moves when he was just a villager. Maybe he did change tactics and decide to do a move to put a big target on his head as a wolf but I have not seen it in the past. It did not feel wolfish to me.

Currently I don't think Lagom, RMC or Scoop are wolves. I feel good about those being plain ole pirates.

Of my original list that leaves Remus, vorret, and El Guapo with Lagom dropping off. Mr Bubbles has crept back up the list. And I need to rethink Holman and Pr0ner. Still not sure where I stand on them.

Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Lassr wrote:Of my original list that leaves Remus, vorret, and El Guapo with Lagom dropping off. Mr Bubbles has crept back up the list. And I need to rethink Holman and Pr0ner. Still not sure where I stand on them.
I am glad that El Guapo is on your list. I was afraid he was going to stay completely under the radar the entire game.
Hodor.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

pr0ner wrote:
Lassr wrote:Of my original list that leaves Remus, vorret, and El Guapo with Lagom dropping off. Mr Bubbles has crept back up the list. And I need to rethink Holman and Pr0ner. Still not sure where I stand on them.
I am glad that El Guapo is on your list. I was afraid he was going to stay completely under the radar the entire game.
He is.
He's named here and there but nothing ever comes out of it.
Isgrimnur wrote:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I have no reason for this but a hunch, but

El Guapo 

Hodor.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

pr0ner wrote:I have no reason for this but a hunch, but

El Guapo 

Any particular reason you don't want to test Remus?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Scoop20906 wrote:

El Guapo 

Because, for whatever reason (that I cannot articulate), he doesn't set off any alarm bells like other people.
Hodor.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Votes

Scoop (2) - Holman, Vorret,
Vorret (1) - Remus West,
Remus West (3) - Scoop, Lassr, Lagom Lite,
Mr Bubbles (1) - RMC,
El Guapo (1) - Proner,

No Votes Cast - Mr. Bubbles, El Guapo,

Majority is 6
If there are any errors please signal your friendly moderator and they'll rectify the situation.

Please remove all gangplanks, set the sails halfway, we're coming in for our final approach.

Thank you for sailing in the Flying Octopi.

:coffee: DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY 2/27 6 pm pst (9 pm EST) :coffee:

22 hours
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

pr0ner wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

El Guapo 

Because, for whatever reason (that I cannot articulate), he doesn't set off any alarm bells like other people.
So he's the quiet wolf laying low and trying not to draw attention to himself?

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

El Guapo 

So now I'm quiet? You really need to make up your mind what you'd like to base your incorrect assertions upon before posting such a multitude of malleable reasons. :P

I'm beginning to think you're trying to get me killed. :shock:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

El Guapo 

So now I'm quiet? You really need to make up your mind what you'd like to base your incorrect assertions upon before posting such a multitude of malleable reasons. :P

I'm beginning to think you're trying to get me killed. :shock:
I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote the El Guapo vote post.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo 

(Fixed)

Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Lassr wrote:

El Guapo 

(Fixed)
Yes. As I said, it's a hunch, and nothing more.
Hodor.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

He very well maybe. Unfortunately we have to pick someone today. I need to reread thing today and place my vote, but I'm not sure if we could get enough momentum to test him.
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Mr Bubbles wrote:He very well maybe. Unfortunately we have to pick someone today. I need to reread thing today and place my vote, but I'm not sure if we could get enough momentum to test him.
I agree but we haven't had enough momentum to test anyone yet. We are very divided in our opinions in this game.

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Lassr wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:He very well maybe. Unfortunately we have to pick someone today. I need to reread thing today and place my vote, but I'm not sure if we could get enough momentum to test him.
I agree but we haven't had enough momentum to test anyone yet. We are very divided in our opinions in this game.
Indeed, it's been a problem and that's why the wolves are winning.

Idea... should we name our top 3 and whoever comes up the most often gets hanged? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get a wolf, technicly, at some point, our instict will hit the right target.
Isgrimnur wrote:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

All it takes is the three of you to place your vote there and he's 2 votes away from a majority. That would generate momentum.
Hodor.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Vorret wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Indeed, it's been a problem and that's why the wolves are winning.

Idea... should we name our top 3 and whoever comes up the most often gets hanged? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get a wolf, technicly, at some point, our instict will hit the right target.
Why not. I would like to see your top 3.

My latest:
1. Remus West
2. El Guapo
3. Vorret

Black Lives Matter