[WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Game over)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: [WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Game over)

Post by bb2112 »

And Lassr, great game, as always. I am amazed at what a great job you do in creating balance (even when it seems like there isn't any) and how it always comes down to the wire. Also your write ups are always entertaining. BSG is my favorite game to play. Thanks for running. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:And Lassr, great game, as always. I am amazed at what a great job you do in creating balance (even when it seems like there isn't any) and how it always comes down to the wire. Also your write ups are always entertaining. BSG is my favorite game to play. Thanks for running. :D
aw shucks. :wub:

I sometimes worry about the balance also but a lot of my games do go down to the wire.

I know the next one will be a bit simpler. I'm running out of experimental roles.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote: Q, you had me nervous in the beginning, but you convinced me when you put up those posts since your thoughts pretty closely mirrored mine. I just wished I could have convinced you guys to vote Tru1cy instead of me that day.

After reviewing you and tru1cy that day, I had decided that your vote on Scoop on Day 1 was not a move a wolf would have made at that moment. The problem was that I wanted to wait for RMC to get his comments on the record (since he had just returned), so I didn't want to risk putting tru1cy at n-1 before RMC returned that weekend. My mistake was that RMC, Mr Bubbles, and theo killed you very quickly, before I even had a chance to get back to the thread. :(

That would have been sweet to win it right there, but then I wouldn't have been able to experience all the fun angst and anguish that followed. :)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
RMC

Post by RMC »

I really didn't think anyone would actually take my advice, let alone lynch someone so quickly.

When BB talked about how he was on every vote for wolves, it just got me thinking about what a better way to hide out in the open, then to be on every vote for a wolf. <shrug>

Faulty logic, some of which was from all the time I missed. Rereading everything after the fact is not the same as going with the flow... Heck, I thought Scoop was innocent from the beginning...I have to stop following Scoops lead all the time..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

RMC wrote:I have to stop following Scoops lead all the time..

I remember once when that (intentionally) worked out quite nicely for your little band o' evil. :)
RMC

Post by RMC »

Qantaga wrote:
RMC wrote:I have to stop following Scoops lead all the time..

I remember once when that (intentionally) worked out quite nicely for your little band o' evil. :)
hehehe...The first game I played(Or one of the first), I did everything scoop did. Of course I was evil, and I think the 'zerker.

Scoop was of course good, and kept pointing at me as being bad. hehe.. I didn't pull it off well, but it was still fun.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Holman

Post by Holman »

Qantaga wrote:Holman,

You're in the big leagues now. How does it feel to know that a simple juxtaposition of "evil cylon" instead of "wolf" would lead to such a brouhaha?

Around here, an incorrect verb tense or a capital letter can lead to a lynch. :)
Never again!! (Until next time.)

I wonder if, in retrospect, my phrasing actually did some good. It may have produced some useful data on Day One, anyway. The responses definitely made me suspect Tru1cy and Vorret (but also Newcastle and Theohall, so I guess that's a wash).

I suppose I drew Boomer's power, too, which was effectively wasted on me.

You won't see my playing any fancy tricks out of this, though. I will be Mr. Careful from now on.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Holman wrote:
Qantaga wrote:Holman,

You're in the big leagues now. How does it feel to know that a simple juxtaposition of "evil cylon" instead of "wolf" would lead to such a brouhaha?

Around here, an incorrect verb tense or a capital letter can lead to a lynch. :)
Never again!! (Until next time.)

I wonder if, in retrospect, my phrasing actually did some good. It may have produced some useful data on Day One, anyway. The responses definitely made me suspect Tru1cy and Vorret (but also Newcastle and Theohall, so I guess that's a wash).

You won't see my playing any fancy tricks out of this, though. I will be Mr. Careful from now on.
Sure you will... Sure you will...
Holman

Post by Holman »

RMC wrote:
Sure you will... Sure you will...
Trust me. Also, you look like a wolf.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote:You won't see my playing any fancy tricks out of this, though. I will be Mr. Careful from now on.
Why not? I think it worked wonderfully for the good guys. Reactions to your post outted several Cylons and established a few folks as good (you among them) in my eyes. Drawing the use of an Evil power to prove a regular human was HUGE. If they had used it on redrun then they out Galen and we are forced in our lynch that day rather than them killing him later on down the road. If they use it on LordMortis then nobody votes for him and we never get the benefits of his power. Using it on you tranformed you from a pawn they could hide behind into a piece they had to then account for since everyone knew which side you were on but at the same time we lost nothing important power-wise when they took you down.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
redrun

Post by redrun »

Holman wrote: I wonder if, in retrospect, my phrasing actually did some good. It may have produced some useful data on Day One, anyway. The responses definitely made me suspect Tru1cy and Vorret (but also Newcastle and Theohall, so I guess that's a wash).

It really was a good thing. We learned a lot from the interplay on it, two Cylon abilities ended up being used on you (boomer and exploder), you kept the Cylons busy for a while focused on a non-powered player. It was all good... well, except the part were you died. :)
Sufficient I am to the day.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

redrun wrote:
Holman wrote: I wonder if, in retrospect, my phrasing actually did some good. It may have produced some useful data on Day One, anyway. The responses definitely made me suspect Tru1cy and Vorret (but also Newcastle and Theohall, so I guess that's a wash).

It really was a good thing. We learned a lot from the interplay on it, two Cylon abilities ended up being used on you (boomer and exploder), you kept the Cylons busy for a while focused on a non-powered player. It was all good... well, except the part were you died. :)
I disagree. Anytime an unpowered forces the bad guys to kill them it is good for the good guys. Better us than the specials.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:I disagree. Anytime an unpowered forces the bad guys to kill them it is good for the good guys. Better us than the specials.
Except when everyone comes up cylon - then it kind of helps for the wolves to eat a couple just to get your bearings. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
purge

Post by purge »

Q writes a special message for everyone, EVERYONE, except me, and you're all weird about feelings?

Also, I know EXACTLY how scoop feels, I've been there. |--| this close to dropping from a game based on it - sometimes lines are crossed - and while I don't think one person crossed a line, the push from several were enough to get past a normally resilient Scoop - perhaps something else was at play in his life, but I can tell you I certainly enjoyed his antics.

I've commented in the other thread, but my illness and absence didn't help the team - Vorret's misstep was something I should have caught - I didn't have time to analyze where he was on the chess board before I recommended a course of action. Regardless, I didn't want to meta my way through a game and end with a win - that wouldn't have been cool, and Vorret did awesome. There were some rookie mistakes, but those are to be expected. (like following a packmate on votes etc ... no one caught on directly, but I'm sure subconsciously this is where Remus was piecing together the team). I use a similar method to solve word-searches. I look at the board and let my mind rather than deliberate focus find the words.

I'm proud of Tru1cy for getting as far as he did - tough odds, and he played cards right. His downfall was days before and that stigma carried it through, and holy crap - there were moments where he's being asked to provide analysis and he effectively dropped his pants and said "suck it" and managed to survive the day. Kudos.

Scoop did a wonderful job of playing antics though the self-out I wouldn't have used on Holman - it was a rash decision that I think was based on his own assessment of his survival - I can assure you it had *nothing* to do with threat (so no, Remus, it wasn't skill that brought about the use of the reveal on day 2) - anyone at that point in contention would probably have been pushed forward as Scoop wasn't seeing himself living through the lynch.

I'd love to be on Scoops team again. I don't think you can appreciate him till you work directly with him. Still can't read him though ... he's batshitloco even when good. Frankly, it took me till day 2 to figure out he was on team evil. :twisted: The whole "we knew" .. yeah, maybe you thought you did, but that was only because he was spoofing a role and had already took the game personally. You all "knew" that I was spoofing, yet you still killed Theohall.

Holman, awesome job. You were put there by the proof, and so you were killed as we can't have proven running around (though if we were to leave a proven, it would be you or Remus - so that Remus could kill the village himself ;) ).

LM, you were on point, but up until I was reviewing Q's posts in trying to find redGalenrun, I was going to let you live as it gave our "Starbuck" a fighting chance.

Theo, thank you for being your crazy self. I enjoy the back and forth, though I'd rather be on your team than not. You dig in the wrong spots, you bark up the wrong trees, you pee on the carpet, and you chew on NewCastles slippers. I like that. It reminds me of me. Well, all except the peeing part. You might wanna get that one under control. ;)

All that behind us, I'm by no means an experienced hand at being a wolf - I'm rarely the alpha when it comes to strategy. I didn't have the time to push hard against teammates to keep myself clear of the speculation that got me killed, nor did I get votes in when I had intended.

I hope you guys will invite me in again. I enjoyed the ride.

Thanks.
Last edited by purge on Thu May 09, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

purge wrote:Q writes a special message for everyone, EVERYONE, except me, and you're all weird about feelings?

Also, I know EXACTLY how scoop feels, I've been there. |--| this close to dropping from a game based on it - sometimes lines are crossed - and while I don't think one person crossed a line, the push from several were enough to get past a normally resilient Scoop - perhaps something else was at play in his life, but I can tell you I certainly enjoyed his antics.

I've commented in the other thread, but my illness and absence didn't help the team - Vorret's misstep was something I should have caught for him - I didn't have time to analyze where he was on the chess board before I recommended a course of action.

I'm by no means and experienced hand at being a wolf - I'm rarely the alpha when it comes to strategy. I didn't have the time to push hard against teammates to keep myself clear of the speculation that got me killed, nor did I get votes in when I had intended.

I hope you guys will invite me in again. I enjoyed the ride.

Thanks.
stessier is starting another game. Sign up.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:stessier is starting another game. Sign up.
Yes! Glance one thread down. As of this writing. I make no warranty as to position after I hit Submit.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

redrun wrote:

After I saw how it was playing out, I did try to do a little coy maybe-I-am/maybe-I-ain't in the hope of attracting Evil powers and actions. Since I was a pure vanilla villager, any nights I could get them to waste on me would be good, and there were a lot of evil powers to worry about in this game.

But I was also worried that suspicion about me might hurt the good guys in the long run, as evils could possibly hide behind it.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

purge wrote:Q writes a special message for everyone, EVERYONE, except me, and you're all weird about feelings?

purge, you'll always have a special place in my little WW heart. You help nurture my obsession over on GT. :)

I just didn't write a special message to you or Vorret or Scoop because, you know, you guys were trying to kill me and my friends. :) (tru1cy's ramped up participation and end game competition earned him a special valentine).

Come play in stess' game!!
purge

Post by purge »

Massive edits above. Don't hate me. Hate the edit button.

Also, NC, your storytelling is great - always a stand-up job.

In case anyone was missing me, I have some good news. My line has been unboxed.

RMC

Post by RMC »

purge wrote:Massive edits above. Don't hate me. Hate the edit button.

Your a chick?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

You have a line of pretty women?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
purge

Post by purge »

RMC wrote:

Your a chick?
I think you meant "You're a chick?".

Do you know who D'Anna is?

And her "line" - basically every version of her model (#3) were "boxed" AKA they wouldn't resurrect.

Late in the series D'Anna is resurrected for info she has.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm putting my geek credentials at risk, but I have a confession to make: before this game started, I had never watched more than the two-part premier of Battlestar Galactica.

This wasn't for cranky reasons. I knew everyone loved the show, and I was happy to hear that there was great SF back on TV, but we just didn't have cable. We also had babies/toddlers happening, so time was pretty tight.

Just this spring, though, I've finally started watching the series, and I'm really loving it. I'm only now into season two (and trying to avoid major spoilers, although that's not always possible), but I'm impressed with how well they're doing. Great show.

Thanks, game!
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Holman wrote:I'm putting my geek credentials at risk, but I have a confession to make: before this game started, I had never watched more than the two-part premier of Battlestar Galactica.

This wasn't for cranky reasons. I knew everyone loved the show, and I was happy to hear that there was great SF back on TV, but we just didn't have cable. We also had babies/toddlers happening, so time was pretty tight.

Just this spring, though, I've finally started watching the series, and I'm really loving it. I'm only now into season two (and trying to avoid major spoilers, although that's not always possible), but I'm impressed with how well they're doing. Great show.

Thanks, game!
I had to Wikipedia everything to have an idea of what the hell I was getting myself into ! I win. :oops:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Well, Holman can keep his Geek card, but is on probation. Sorry Vorret, you have to turn in your card to Remus on your way out. You can get it back, along with your gun and badge, after successfully watching BSG, and/or playing in more WW games here on OO. Your choice. :twisted:
Holman

Post by Holman »

I find myself watching the series and wondering "Who's a good lynch?"
purge

Post by purge »

Holman wrote:I find myself watching the series and wondering "Who's a good lynch?"
Gaius Frakkin' Baltar. :P

Sorry for the spoiler comments above re: #3. It ruins a season finale (season 3, IIRC) but it's of no consequence.

I just finished up season 4 three weeks ago. Fantastic ride - glad it's over. Not watching anything else from them - I've heard nothing good about the New Caprica series.
purge

Post by purge »

Holman wrote:I'm putting my geek credentials at risk, but I have a confession to make: before this game started, I had never watched more than the two-part premier of Battlestar Galactica.
You had me beat on my first time playing a BSG WW game. I was Gaius, and had problems playing that role because of his perpetual shift to survive over any beliefs.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:Well, Holman can keep his Geek card, but is on probation. Sorry Vorret, you have to turn in your card to Remus on your way out. You can get it back, along with your gun and badge, after successfully watching BSG, and/or playing in more WW games here on OO. Your choice. :twisted:
You may not want him turning them in to me. I have not even finished season 1 in spite of the fact that I own season 1-3.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

purge wrote:

you do realize this was lassr doing the writeups. But thanks for mistaking me with his fantastic write ups!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Newcastle wrote:
purge wrote:

you do realize this was lassr doing the writeups. But thanks for mistaking me with his fantastic write ups!
But you did PrincessScoop and his Tiara
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Holman

Post by Holman »

purge wrote: Sorry for the spoiler comments above re: #3. It ruins a season finale (season 3, IIRC) but it's of no consequence.
Not a problem! Some things have been unavoidable. I'd already stumbled across a partial list of which characters are actually Cylons (and not just the ones in this game), so the drama lies in whether they know it already and in what choices they'll make about it. That seems to be what the show is really about anyway.
purge

Post by purge »

Bah. You're all interchangeable, Stessier.
purge

Post by purge »

Holman wrote:
purge wrote: Sorry for the spoiler comments above re: #3. It ruins a season finale (season 3, IIRC) but it's of no consequence.
Not a problem! Some things have been unavoidable. I'd already stumbled across a partial list of which characters are actually Cylons (and not just the ones in this game), so the drama lies in whether they know it already and in what choices they'll make about it. That seems to be what the show is really about anyway.
"New Caprica" was the worst part of the series. When you get there, push through. If you stop there, you'll get stuck.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Hey all. I'll address the discussion about me.

I did get hella irritated and I didn't like the snark (really only one statement by Unagi) directed at me. I wasn't caught red handed or anything at that point. I really hate it when I have a role as I ALWAYS feel like I am fucking it up. I don't deal with the pressure of team mates depending on me. And I am a painful liar. I don't enjoy lying and I think it shows in these games.

So the truth is I don't handle these situations well and it's nobodies fault but my own. Just because I get annoyed with Unagi doesn't mean it is his or anyone else fault.

That's just the way I am. I don't know how to fix it or make it easier for the rest of you. My a-hole side comes out.

I ask for no apologies or special considerations. I think you either get me or you don't. But, I won't pretend that things don't bug me.

But the truth is I also have a ton of affection for you guys too. Even pr0ner whose snark really gets under my skin at times. If I didn't like you guys would I play these games for over a decade?

So, if I'm being a douche just tell me. I actually listen to this type of advice and I rarely place blame on anyone but myself.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Am I late?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:My a-hole side comes out.
That's a most unusual birth defect.
theohall

Post by theohall »

purge wrote: Theo, thank you for being your crazy self. I enjoy the back and forth, though I'd rather be on your team than not. You dig in the wrong spots, you bark up the wrong trees, you pee on the carpet, and you chew on NewCastles slippers. I like that. It reminds me of me. Well, all except the peeing part. You might wanna get that one under control. ;)
Funny.

Barked up the right tree this time except for Day One and the penultimate day. Should have stuck with accusing tru1cy.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote: I should have been more decisive.
This is what made me doubt you on the 2nd to last day. Instead of making a decision, it was all he could be this or he could be that or you could be this or you could be that. The lack of commitment late in the game bugged me and made me think you were intentionally not making decisions. Had you actually committed to something, I probably would have gone back to pushing a tru1cy vote.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote:theohall,

My apologies. I misread you throughout the game.

As I noted in Day 5, I did believe that it was more likely that purge was the spoofer if the choice came down purely between you and him. However, as a mere citizen, I did not possess the ability to limit it to you and purge. I had to look at all the game possibilities and one of those possiblilites was that you were wolf #3.

One of the reasons that I kept emphasizing my Path 1 or Path 2 that day was that I was trying to draw RMC, Mr Bubbles, and tru1cy into putting thoughts on the record that could be used in the final day. I also needed to protect the good side from the possibility (no matter how likely/unlikely it might be) of the game ending on Day 5.

It surprised me that you seemingly recognized that fact in your "I'm a distraction" post, but then proclaimed that to be a trap, when it was in fact a legitimate concern. As you became increasingly convinced that I was evil (remember, I didn't know if you were honestly convinced or setting up smokescreens), it became more certain that it was you or me that day.

I do apologize that I misread you and that I allowed the game to drift into a you v. me showdown on Day 5.
No worries there. It's a game and that happens. Like I said in the prior post, it was the lack of commitment to one side or the other on your part that raised doubts to me. No, it did not require a vote, but actually state which side you believe to be the truth, or most likely, while waiting for the others to comment. It would have changed my Day 5 behavior completely.