[WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Game over)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

[WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Game over)

Post by Lassr »

META Play: Roles assigned will be copied from the rules below and PM’ed to each player. META discussions will not be used to help establish your innocence. (i.e. guys I will be gone on vacation for a week so lynch me as I’m unpowered and it will not hurt the village). Saying you are innocent and you may lynch me is OK as long as it’s not combined with some real life event outside the game.
How people have played in the past is fair game. Mentioning when they have been online is OK. (View it as the village noticing Bob is not joining them at the table to discuss the events but Larry saw him peeking out his window).
No quoting of PMs or posts from other forums. No links to other forums. Talking about what was discussed in PMs or other forums is OK.

-------------------------

Day 1 will last 14 days including weekends. After that we'll see how things go but 14 days will be the max.

Night Sequence:
1. Leoben interrupts Starbuck
2. Starbuck searches
3. Starbuck protects
4. D'Anna scans
5. Athena scan.
6. Cylons assassinate
7. Leoben scans for Starbuck

Answers to all scans will be given immediately before the next day starts.

Lynching votes: Voting is open until a majority is reached.
Please use  Player name 

for your votes AND withdrawals  withdraw Player name 

If you make numerous votes in one post then only the last one will be counted.

No editing Posts. (exception: If some one is posting a vote count then that post may be edited)
Everyone will receive a PM to start the game.

Victory
Humans win by killing all the Cylons (except Athena, Anders and Tyrol if he has not switched sides.
Cylons win by killing enough humans to make the sides even thus ensuring a cylon victory.(Athena, Anders & unconverted Tyrol counts toward humans).

Good guys:
Athena (good Cylon) –Each night she can scan to find Cylons.
Athena would submit a name to scan. The answer to her question will be Cylon or Human. If Athena is lynched the autopsy will show Cylon. If she finds Galen before D'Anna she will be told that she has found Galen. If she finds Galen after D'anna she will only be told she has found a Cylon.
She may also to get an extra scan during the day when a Cylon target is found; (Can be used only twice in the game) This scan determines which Cylon was detected (may be used anytime in the game as long as that Cylon is alive). Cylons will know they were scanned when used.
Anders - (good cylon) If he is scanned by D’Anna or Athena he will maintain a connection and will know who she has scanned up to that point and who she scans henceforth. He will not know the roles of the scanned just the player names. He will also know the number of Cylons that are among the players scanned at the time the connection is made. If Anders is lynched the autopsy will show cylon.

Starbuck – She can protect one person per night. If she protects a bad cylon (not Athena), She’s dead and that will override any kill selection of the Cylons. She can protect the same player more than once but NOT on consecutive nights. She may choose to protect herself or no one. Her protection carries over into the day against Doral's suicide bombing.
Starbuck each night may search for the player with the gun. If she finds the player with the gun she may interrupt that player on any day if they draw the weapon to fire. If the weapon has been passed to another person at night then Starbuck cannot disarm until she finds the new player with the weapon (She may continuously check the same person if she wishes). If the weapon is passed during the day and Starbuck has identified the gun holder on a previous night, she will notice the exchange and know the identity of the new gun holder. (If the option to interrupt is available then the Moderator will e-mail Starbuck and ask if she wishes to interrupt, as the player with the gun is about to shoot, but not who he will shoot). Her identity will not be revealed.
Admiral Cain ––may kill one player during the day, after a secretive event happens known only to her. Her identity is revealed. Cannot reveal, talk about or answer questions about her secret event or it is like therapy and she loses the ability. Secret event may include other abilities beside killing. But killing will be one of the powers.

-------------
Galen Tyrol –(Good Cylon-may convert) He is unsure of his loyalty after discovering he is a Cylon but continues to assist the humans. If he is found by Athena he will give his sidearm to another player of his choice at anytime during the game (day or night after the night found), that player then will have the ability to kill during the day cycle (does not replace the lynch). Galen will give the player the gun and they will exchange info (allowed one PM to each other). The player with the gun then may use it at anytime during the day cycle. (As a good Cylon, he will not use the sidearm, and yes he could accidentally pass it to a bad Cylon).

If found by D’Anna, he will then have the one time ability to kill during the day. He will count toward the Cylons side and have access to the forum. (If D'Anna finds him after Athena, she will just be told his role and he will not switch sides to the Cylons at this point).

If not found he counts for the human side but will not use the gun or pass the gun.

If the gun is fired, the ID of the shooter will be revealed (not their role).

Enlarge Image
Citizens – Citizens have no power other than voting.

-------------
Bad guys:

D’Anna-each night she will research the background of a living player to determine their role If she finds Galen Tyrol before Athena, he will switch to the Cylon side.

Aaron Doral – May at anytime during the day cycle use explosives to kill himself and a player of his choice but only if there is a least one lynch vote against him (votes by bad Cylons, including self, do not count). Once he reaches a majority vote he may no longer use the bomb. If Starbuck protected Doral's target the previous night then Doral will explode but his target will be saved. Starbuck's identity will not be revealed.
Leoben - has a mysterious psychic connection to Starbuck but does not know her identity. Each night he may scan a human and ask if the human is Starbuck. If Starbuck is found he may once during the game psychically interrupt Starbucks protection (prevent her from protecting one night).
Boomer
May manipulate one player during the game (daytime)to accidentally reveal his role to everyone.
Last edited by Lassr on Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 26 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: [WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Starting Soon)

Post by Lassr »

1. Newcastle
2. BB2112
3. Scoop20906
4. Qantaga
5. Holman
6. Vorret
7. theohall
8. pr0ner
9. tru1cy
10. Remus West
11. purge
12. Chaosraven
13. RMC
14. Lord Mortis
15. Unagi
16. redrun
17. Mr. Bubbles
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

FAQ
Qantaga wrote:
Let's ask:

Lassr, do the cylons get D'anna's scan information back before they are required to submit their kill order or do they have to submit the kill order before they get D'anna's result?
They do not get the results before the kill order.

Unagi wrote: Anders - (dies as Cylon) will be informed if he was scanned and will be told who that other play has scanned and all their scans going forward (just names, not roles).
Question for Lassr : is he told which Cylon scanned him, I'd think so - since he's learning names in the other cases?
In any case, I think this has potential to be a really huge power. Learning who the Evil Cylon has scanned is a list of who wasn't on their team to begin with(Galen, duly noted). And, I suppose they could be super clever and 'scan themselves' once, just to totally make what I just said totally worthless. :|

Anders is NOT told which Cylon scanned him.
Lassr - "If both good and evil scan Galen on the same night - who wins? My memory sez evil, but
Lassr wrote: Night Sequence
Leoben-Will you interrupt Starbuck
Starbuck-Who will you protect?
Starbuck-Who will you search?
Athena-Who will you scan?
D'Anna-Who will you scan?
Cylons-Who will you kill?
Leoben-Who will you scan?
Cain-Will you perform your hidden agenda?
seems to indicate that good wins the scan race".
Your memory is correct. I have the wrong scan order. When we originally played with Galen it was decided that D'Anna would get first scan to prevent Galen from announcing who he was and getting locked to the good side.
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Reserved
Last edited by Lassr on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The Raptor sets down gently in the landing bay of the Galatica. The door opens and Helo steps out. Adama approaches him and waits for his report.

“Sir, it is an ice planet, very mountainous. Temps around the equator are approximate minus 25, that would be about the warmest spot we recorded. Oxygen is about 25%, nitrogen 70%, and 5% helium. Breathable although after a while we will get light headed so I do recommend oxygen supplies to be part of the mission. It's smaller sister planet is also ice but has very little atmosphere."

“Very good; Our water supplies are not dangerously low yet but we can’t pass up an opportunity for fresh water. I’ll put together a supply run team. Thanks Helo. You’re dismissed.”

The Next Day on the Planet’s Surface

“Frak, it’s cold!” Newcastle yells as he stomps his feet. “Let’s get this started. Get the laser cutters and let’s start hauling some ice.”

Hours pass and the very distant sun begins to drop lower in the sky. The large twin sister looms on the horizon providing a little illumination as the starlight reflects off it's icy surface. Unagi shouts, “Let’s get the equipment secured for the night and turn in before the temps drop too much.”

“I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited about eating some hot Vegetable Puree soup. It’s frakking bland but it will be hot.” Remus says to Vorret. He then turns and shouts, don’t forget to turn on your oxygen, we don’t want you waking up drunk on helium in the morning!”

Everyone enters their tents, seals their door and prepares for the night.

Night Sequence
Leoben-Will you interrupt Starbuck
Starbuck-Who will you protect?
Starbuck-Who will you search?
D'Anna-Who will you scan?
Athena-Who will you scan?
Cylons-Who will you kill?
Leoben-Who will you scan?
Cain-Will you perform your hidden agenda?
Last edited by Lassr on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Re: [WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Roles being PMed)

Post by Holman »

Is it Remus? It's Remus, isn't it?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

Re: [WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Roles PMed)

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ice Planet Zero?

Where are the clones?

Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Checking in.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

bb2112 wrote:Checking in.

+1
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
RMC

Post by RMC »

I be here. When can we airlock Remus?
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:I be here. When can we airlock Remus?
Oh crap. I wes afraid this aas going to happen. My 2 truths just created a paradox.

Remus is always evil. RMC is always wrong. If I was riding on an airplane, I would be checking the wing right now.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

What if there was a mistake made last game and the wrong role was sent to remus and he was actually a good pirate and then we killed him and OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Where is the sign in sheet so I can check in?
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
redrun

Post by redrun »

tru1cy wrote:
+1
++
Sufficient I am to the day.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

redrun wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
+1
++
+++
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

still waiting on 1 to get their PM.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote:
redrun wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
+1
++
+++
+100
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

someone wake up Chaosraven.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:someone wake up Chaosraven.
He works 12 hours shifts all this week. I might talk to him tonight. If so I'll remind him to get on here.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:someone wake up Chaosraven.
He works 12 hours shifts all this week. I might talk to him tonight. If so I'll remind him to get on here.
Or just tell him in that other forum you are both in... ;)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Looks I'm playing a game. I'm not sure how that happened.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Unagi wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
redrun wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
+1
++
+++
+100
-
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

LordMortis wrote:Looks I'm playing a game. I'm not sure how that happened.

From the other thread, it looks like bb2112 and Newcastle volunteered you.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

When you replied to the IN smiley I thought you were saying you wanted in as did newcastle and BB2112

Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lassr wrote:
When you replied to the IN smiley I thought you were saying you wanted in as did newcastle and BB2112
It's all good. Just a surprise is all.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Well that's what you get when you type IN. Go back and look at your post. :P

Besides, with you, RR, and CR, Remus can't kill us all on night one.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:Well that's what you get when you type IN. Go back and look at your post. :P

CR may already be dead. Still hasn't gotten his PM.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Well that's what you get when you type IN. Go back and look at your post. :P

Almost forgot to remind him but remembered right before ending the xbox session.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Almost forgot to remind him but remembered right before ending the xbox session.
I'm curious what you two played.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Was it about pants?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Little Red Riding hood. They were the brother Wolves....
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Was it about pants?
Knowing them, it was probably more about what was inside than the actual pants.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

slow cylons I guess....
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Holman

Post by Holman »

tru1cy wrote:slow cylons I guess....
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Slow Chaosraven. I will give him a few more hours then I need to make a decision on what to do so we can get the game started.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

We kill Remus West
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

oops
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lassr

Re: [WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Game on)

Post by Lassr »

Game has officially started. It is night!

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Little Red Riding hood. They were the brother Wolves....
Close. Red Dead Redemption.