Stessier's Copyright Infringing Liasons - Closed

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Stessier's Copyright Infringing Liasons - Closed

Post by stessier »

Let's see how many we get, I'll work on what roles will be involved for various levels of participation.

Rules

The roles will depend on how many signups we get:
  • Basic game - 9 players
    • 2 of the villagers are Werewolves

1 of the villagers is a Seer
  • Stretch goal #1 - 12 players
    • 2 of the villagers is Werewolves
      1 of the villagers is a Berserker

1 of the villagers is a Werewolf Hunter
  • Stretch goal #2 - 16 players
    • 3 of the villagers is Werewolves
      1 of the villagers is a Berserker Werewolf

2 of the villagers are a member of the Cabal
  • Stretch goal #3 - 19 players
    • 3 of the villagers are Werewolves
      1 of the villagers is an Beserker Werewolf
      1 of the villagers is a Sorcerer

2 of the villagers are members of a Cabal
      1 of the villagers is a Mentalist
  • Ultimate goal - 22 players.
    • 3 of the villagers are Werewolves
      1 of the villagers is an Beserker Werewolf
      1 of the villagers is a Sorcerer

3 of the villagers are members of a Cabal
      1 of the villagers is a Medium
      1 of the villagers is a Mentalist
      10 of the remaining villagers will be Innocents
Roles will be assigned at random.

EXPLANATION OF ROLES

Werewolves
Spoiler:
Werewolves (includes Beserker Werewolf)
During the night cycle, the 4 werewolves will conspire to kill a villager. They cannot kill one of their own, it must be someone who is not a werewolf. Upon the killing of the villager, the werewolves will know the role of the person they killed, as they will search the dead person's home for clues.

Beserker Werewolf
The Beserker Werewolf is like the other Werewolves in every respect, except if the Beserker Werewolf is ever lynched by the village, the Beserker Werewolf can choose one player to kill before being lynched.

Sorcerer
The Sorcerer is on the Werewolf team (wins if the Werewolf team wins but is not a Werewolf). During the night, the Sorcerer can ask 1 question about any other player, DEAD OR ALIVE. The question that the Sorcerer asks the moderator must be a specific yes or no question about the role of the player in the game. (Examples include: "Is <player> a mason?" "Is <player> a werewolf? "Is <player> an innocent villager?" Asking a question such as "Is <player> a Mason or Seer" will not be accepted.) The moderator will answer the Sorcerer either yes or no. The Sorcerer starts off by not knowing the identity of the Werewolves nor do the Werewolves know his identity. The Sorcerer does not count as a Werewolf for determining the endgame, meaning that the Sorcerer counts as a villager when determining if the Werewolves can take over the town.
Good Guys
Spoiler:
Seer
Each night the Seer can ask about a player, and is told if that player is a Villager or a Werewolf. No other roles will be disclosed to the Seer about that person, with 1 exception: If the Seer scans the Beserker Werewolf, he will be told that the player is, in fact, the Beserker Werewolf.

Werewolf Hunter
At night, the Werewolf Hunter can choose to secretly protect one other player. The Werewolf Hunter can also choose to not protect someone during the night cycle. The Werewolf Hunter cannot choose himself to protect, or the previously protected player from the previous night, if any.

If the Werewolf Hunter decides to protect one other player and the Werewolves choose to kill that same person that the Werewolf Hunter has chosen to protect that night, the player chosen will not be killed. It will be announced to the village that no one was killed that night. The Werewolf Hunter will be informed that he prevented that person’s death.

In addition, during the day cycle, the Werewolf Hunter can choose to shoot a currently living villager with a silver bullet. This power can only be used once during the game. The villager selected will be killed instantly, and it will be announced to the village if that player was a Werewolf or not. If the villager killed by the bullet was the Beserker Werewolf, the Beserker Werewolf will be killed before he has the chance to use his "instant kill" ability. In addition, the moderator will announce to the village the identity of the Werewolf Hunter.

Cabal
Three of the villagers are members of a Cabal. Since they are together at night, they know each other are not Werewolves. The Cabalists can secretly speak with each other at night, and are the only villagers allowed to speak with each other via personal message during the night period. (except for the Mentalist when he is using his power) In addition, at night the Cabalists can discover the true role of one player who was previously killed. As long as one Cabalist is still alive, this power can be used, once per night.

Medium
The Medium can, once a game, hold a séance. In order for a séance to occur, a majority of the village has to vote for it for a particular player, and the player being voted on has to be dead, obviously. In addition, the Medium must also vote for the séance to occur for that player. The moderator will announce to the village who the Medium is when the séance occurs. When holding a séance, the dead player can make one post in the thread, revealing what he knew up to the point in time of his death. The player is not forced to tell the truth, they can say whatever they wish, but the information has to be presented in the actual thread only, no PMs are allowed. Thus, it is very important for any dead person from this game to not look at any spoilers or get any other information about the game until the game ends.

Mentalist
The Mentalist can, once per night, establish a mental link with any other living villager. Once this link is established (via the Mentalist telling the moderator whom he wishes to speak with), the Mentalist and the person selected can exchange PMs for that night cycle. Once the night cycle is concluded, the PMs must stop immediately. In addition, if the werewolves happen to attack either the Mentalist or his subject during that night cycle, the moderator will PM the 2 participants to inform them that the link was broken, which means that all PMs between the 2 would have to stop immediately. Due to the great mental strain on the subject, the Mentalist cannot contact the same person 2 nights in a row.
CYCLE & Rules
Spoiler:
The game begins at night, while the village sleeps. Each night, the 4 Werewolves conspire to murder an Innocent. Each night, the Seer, if still alive, receives a vision (by asking me "Is X a Werewolf?"). The Sorcerer will receive a vision (by asking me "Is X the <seer, werewolf, priest, innocent, etc>?") The Werewolf Hunter will tell me who he wishes to protect, if anyone (by telling me "I will protect X" or "I will not do anything this night"). The Cabal will ask me for the true identity of a deceased person (by asking me "I wish to know the true identity of X"). The Mentalist will tell me who he wishes to speak with, if anyone (by telling me "I will speak with X"). I will have to hear back from each of these people before I can advance the game cycle.

Each dawn, the village will awaken to discover the mauled corpse of the prior night's victim, or I will announce that no one died during the evening. All living villagers will then have a chance to select one of their number to lynch by participating in the discussion in this thread. You may vote for anyone still living, however, you cannot vote for yourself. Remember, NO PERSONAL MESSAGING IS ALLOWED. They can also call for a séance, if they wish.

To vote for a lynching, place the name of the accused in boldface. Nothing else is a vote. To vote for a séance, boldface the phrase "Séance for X".

Lynching goes by majority rule. Changing votes is possible only until a majority is reached. (If you're in the plurality and you want to change your vote, change it before that decisive vote is cast!) Once a majority is reached, the accused will be hanged by the neck until dead! Voting is not required, but night will not fall until the village hangs someone. The same rules apply for a séance vote. When the villager is hanged, I will reveal if he was a Werewolf or not.

I will announce the latest news at dawn and dusk (gametime) to mark the cycle.

CLUES and RULES

I will provide no clues in the thread, and none outside the thread other than the questions I'm asked by the people with the appropriate roles.

Nobody dead may say anything to anyone at any time, unless you are "resurrected" in a séance. I will tell you personally if that happens to you. (See rules about the Medium for clarification)

Anyone may PM me for clarification of the rules.
VICTORY

The Villagers win if they kill all the Werewolves, and there is at least one non-Werewolf left alive. The Sorcerer is counted as a non-Werewolf, even though he is on the "winning" side if the Werewolves win.

The Werewolf team wins if the number of non-Werewolves equals the number of Werewolves at any time during the game cycle.

Roster
  1. Remus West
  2. Qantaga
  3. Lassr
  4. Vorret
  5. tru1cy
  6. Holman
  7. RMC
  8. Purge
  9. Grundbegriff
  10. bb2112
  11. Newcastle
  12. pr0ner
  13. Scoop20906
  14. Chaosraven
  15. theohall
  16. redrun
  17. triggercut
  18. Bakhtosh
  19. Lagom Lite
  20. Unagi
  21. LordMortis
  22. El Guapo
Last edited by stessier on Wed May 15, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 14 times in total.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Re: Stessier's Copyright Infringing Liasons - signups

Post by Remus West »

In
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

In
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Enlarge Image
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Showoff. ;)
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bland IN!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

We need to trick LM to post in here !
Isgrimnur wrote:
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

in
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Qantaga wrote:Showoff. ;)
Its a compensation tactic.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
Qantaga wrote:Showoff. ;)
Its a compensation tactic.
Yep, get tired of hearing "Is he in yet?"
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

IN! 

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
RMC

Post by RMC »

In for reals, and no hospital stay or firing people this time. Just a vacation, but I can still post while one vacation. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
purge

Post by purge »

I don't have all the time in the world (going to E3 this year, got some GT prep work) but I should be good enough to contribute and help kill those pesky innocents.

Do the wolves get a forum (their communication method is not mentioned in the writeup above).

I also assume a mentalist can be in contact with a werewolf, and the werewolf can lie his ass off?
purge

Post by purge »

I just want to be clear.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Woohoo! Grund is back! IN! :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:In
Woo-hoo! Welcome back. Did you find a way around the work blockage or will you be entertaining/curing the insomniacs with your posting? :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

We are at Basic Game level of participation right now: 2 wolves, 1 Seer, 6 Villagers.

Would like to get some more so some of the cooler powers can be added.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

linch grund 

Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Maybe I'll survive past night 0 this time.

In.
Hodor.
stessier

Post by stessier »

pr0ner wrote:Maybe I'll survive past night 0 this time.

In.
A worthy goal! :D
stessier

Post by stessier »

I added some Kickstarter methodology to the roles in the first post. Take a look and let me know what you think.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:I added some Kickstarter methodology to the roles in the first post. Take a look and let me know what you think.
I think 19 is the sweet spot there so we get all the roles.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I love the Kickstarter stretch goals. :D

Do I get a digital copy of the game since I was the second one to pledge?

As Vorret says, it would be nice if we could hit 19. Maybe we'll get there if you include their own personal avatar, use their name in the game's backstory, and let them name their own city to be populated by intriguing NPCs if they pledge. A soundtrack might also lure in a handful of additional players.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

well some names to PM - triggercut, sectoid, bakshot, austin, scoop of course, but just thinking offhand folks who've not played in a while who might give it a shot.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Purge just hunted me down. I'm in. :twisted:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

pr0ner wrote:Maybe I'll survive past night 0 this time.

In.
:wub:

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:In
Woo-hoo! Welcome back. Did you find a way around the work blockage or will you be entertaining/curing the insomniacs with your posting? :)
We've been dealing with medical issues on top of the work crunch. Things have stabilized some.
You're all doomed, opponents of me.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Similarity, you are all doomed, teammates of me.

stessier

Post by stessier »

And thus I will assure Scoop and Grund are on the same team.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

:oops:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Grund: I'm glad to hear that the medical issues have stabilized some. I hope they continue to improve. Welcome back!

Scoop: Yay!

Chaos: You forgot something here:
Chaosraven wrote: :oops:

Let me give you a hINt.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

assumINg i can manage to avoid another kenetickid-esque performance on Day One, sure.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

IN
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I'd be in for the stretch goal of 16 if you need players for that.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Just one more gets us trig and stretch goal #2 (16 players).

Four more and we can hit stretch goal #3 (19 players), which seems to be the sweet spot.

Seven more gets us to the Ultimate goal (22 players), which would be a pure Lars Lynching Liasons game.

Come one, come all!
redrun

Post by redrun »

One more IN please, however I'll be absent for most of the next week.
Sufficient I am to the day.
stessier

Post by stessier »

redrun wrote:One more IN please, however I'll be absent for most of the next week.
Will you be around enough to get started, or should we plan to start the game on Friday? The game will start at night, so I need you to be around enough to pick up the email and (potentially) confer on the Night Kill/scan/protection.

At 16 players, I think the first day will last 2 weeks. If we get to 19+, I'm thinking 3 weeks as there are more fun powers/stuff to do.
RMC

Post by RMC »

stessier wrote:
redrun wrote:One more IN please, however I'll be absent for most of the next week.
Will you be around enough to get started, or should we plan to start the game on Friday? The game will start at night, so I need you to be around enough to pick up the email and (potentially) confer on the Night Kill/scan/protection.

At 16 players, I think the first day will last 2 weeks. If we get to 19+, I'm thinking 3 weeks as there are more fun powers/stuff to do.
Hey I just noticed you didn't add me to the list at the top... :(

I really am going to promise not to disappear... really really I am promising not too.. With sugar on top and everything..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:At 16 players, I think the first day will last 2 weeks. If we get to 19+, I'm thinking 3 weeks as there are more fun powers/stuff to do.
We give ourselves Too Much Time. Nothing should take 3 weeks. I worry the pace of this game would make me nuts.