Lynching Liaisons - The End

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Lynching Liaisons - The End

Post by stessier »

The Blood Red moon rises over Linoge once more!

Roles will be assigned at random.
  • Team Evil
    • 3 of the villagers are Werewolves
      1 of the villagers is an Beserker Werewolf
      1 of the villagers is a Sorcerer
    Team Good
    • 1 of the villagers is a Seer
      1 of the villagers is a Werewolf Hunter
      3 of the villagers are members of a Cabal
      1 of the villagers is a Medium
      1 of the villagers is a Mentalist
      10 of the remaining villagers will be Innocents
Reminder - Because of the Medium power, it is VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO GET ANY SPOILERS UNTIL THE GAME ENDS.

Team Evil
Spoiler:
Werewolves
  • Can communicate on secret forum at all times.
  • During the night cycle, the 4 werewolves will conspire to kill a villager.
  • They cannot kill one of their own, it must be someone who is not a werewolf.
  • Upon the killing of the villager, the werewolves will know the role of the person they killed, as they will search the dead person's home for clues.
    Pack Composition
    • Alpha - responsible for turning in Night Kill before deadline
    • Beta - responsible for turning in Night Kill before deadline if Alpha is dead
    • Runt - happy just to be included, will turn in Night Kill only if all other werewolves are dead
    • Beserker - responsible for turning in Night Kill before deadline if Alpha & Beta are dead. If lynched, can choose one player to kill before being lynched.
Sorcerer
  • The Sorcerer is on the Werewolf team (wins if the Werewolf team wins but is not a Werewolf).
  • During the night, the Sorcerer can ask 1 Yes/No question about any other player, DEAD OR ALIVE.
  • The moderator will answer the Sorcerer either yes or no.
  • The Sorcerer starts off by not knowing the identity of the Werewolves nor do the Werewolves know his identity.
  • The Sorcerer does not count as a Werewolf for determining the endgame, meaning that the Sorcerer counts as a villager when determining if the Werewolves can take over the town.
Team Good
Spoiler:
Seer
  • Each night the Seer can ask about a player, and is told if that player is a Villager or a Werewolf.
  • No other roles will be disclosed to the Seer about that person, with 1 exception: If the Seer scans the Beserker Werewolf, he will be told that the player is, in fact, the Beserker Werewolf.
Werewolf Hunter
  • At night, the Werewolf Hunter can choose to secretly protect one other player or protect no one.
    • If the Target of the protection is chosen as the Werewolves Night Kill, the player will survive and the Hunter will be informed he was successful.
    • The Werewolf Hunter cannot choose himself to protect, or the protected player from the previous night, if any.
  • During the day cycle, the Werewolf Hunter can choose to shoot a currently living villager with a silver bullet.
    • This power can only be used once during the game.
    • The villager selected will be killed instantly, and it will be announced to the village if that player was a Werewolf or not.
    • If the villager killed by the bullet was the Beserker Werewolf, the Beserker Werewolf will be killed before he has the chance to use his "instant kill" ability.
    • The moderator will announce to the village the identity of the Werewolf Hunter.
    • Any lynch votes cast at the point of the shot will be removed.
      • THE DEADLINE FOR THE LYNCH WILL NOT BE MODIFIED OR EXTENDED.
Cabal
  • Three of the villagers are members of an ancient society known only as the Cabal.
  • The Cabalists are the only villagers allowed to speak with each other privately and do so only via the secret forum at Night.
  • In addition, at night the Cabalists can discover the true role of one player who was previously killed. As long as one Cabalist is still alive, this power can be used, once per night.
    Cabal Composition
    • Grand Master - The Cabal leader and responsible for turning in the Night Scan before the deadline
    • Seneschal - The Grand Master's right hand man, assumes responsibility for turning in the Night Scan before the deadline if the Grand Master is dead.
    • Preceptor - Low level functionary responsible for turning in the Night Scan before the deadline if all other members are dead.
Medium
  • The Medium can, once a game, hold a séance.
    • In order for a séance to occur, a majority of the village has to vote for it for a particular player, and the player being voted on has to be dead(obviously).
    • In addition, the Medium must also vote for the séance to occur for that player.
    • The moderator will announce to the village who the Medium is when the séance occurs.
  • When holding a séance, the dead player can make one post in the thread, revealing what he knew up to the point in time of his death. The player is not forced to tell the truth, they can say whatever they wish, but the information has to be presented in the actual thread only, no PMs are allowed.
  • Thus, it is very important for any dead person from this game to not look at any spoilers or get any other information about the game until the game ends.
Mentalist
  • Once per night, can establish a mental link with any other living villager.
    • Once this link is established (via the Mentalist telling the moderator whom he wishes to speak with), the Mentalist and the person selected can exchange PMs for that Night cycle.
    • Once the night cycle is concluded, the PMs must stop immediately.
  • If the werewolves happen to attack either the Mentalist or his subject during that night cycle, the moderator will PM the 2 participants to inform them that the link was broken, which means that all PMs between the 2 would have to stop immediately. Due to the great mental strain on the subject, the Mentalist cannot contact the same person 2 nights in a row.
CYCLE & Rules
Spoiler:
Order of Night Activities
  1. Mentalist makes connection (if desired)
  2. Werewolf Hunter protects (if desired)
  3. Sorcerer conjures a vision
  4. Seer receives a vision
  5. Cabalists examine the deceased (if desired)
  6. Werewolves make their kill
The Night will last a minimum or 18 and a maximum of 36 hours from sunset.
  • Dawn will break after all order are received and the minimum time is met.
  • If the maximum time is met, Dawn will break and all unused powers will be forfeit for that cycle (including Night Kill).
Each dawn, the village will awaken to discover the mauled corpse of the prior night's victim, or I will announce that no one died during the evening. All living villagers will then have a chance to select one of their number to lynch by participating in the discussion in this thread. You may vote for anyone still living, however, you cannot vote for yourself. Remember, NO PERSONAL MESSAGING IS ALLOWED. They can also call for a séance, if they wish.

Voting
  • To vote for a lynching, use the Accuse Tags as shown below
  • To remove a lynching vote, use the Accuse Tags and include the word "Withdraw" as shown below
  • To vote for a Seance, use the Accuse Tags and include the word "Seance" as shown below

Code: Select all

To lynch - [accuse]Kinetickid[/accuse]
    To remove - [accuse]Withdraw Kinetickid[/accuse]
    To Seance -  [accuse]Seance Kinetickid[/accuse]
  • NOTE - Failure to include the word "Seance" will result in a lynch vote.
  • Lynching goes by majority rule.
  • Changing votes is possible only until a majority is reached
  • Once a majority is reached, the Vote is final and changes will not be counted
  • Voting is not required, but night will fall when the deadline is reached. If there is no majority vote, no lynch will occur.
Lynching Deadline
  • The lynching deadline will be announced in each at the start of each day and with each Vote Count
  • The deadline is calculated as
    • Number of Villagers alive at Dawn = Number of Real Life Days until deadline
  • Every Real Life Day is counted as 1 Day (this includes weekends)
  • If the Deadline falls on a weekend, it will be extended until the following Monday.
  • May 25, 26, & 27 will not count toward the Deadline (Memorial Day Weekend)
CLUES and RULES
  1. No PMs allowed between players at any time unless allowed by your Role
  2. Nobody dead may say anything to anyone at any time, unless you are "resurrected" in a séance. I will tell you personally if that happens to you. (See rules about the Medium for clarification)
  3. Anyone may PM me for clarification of the rules.
VICTORY

The Villagers win if they kill all the Werewolves, and there is at least one non-Werewolf left alive. The Sorcerer is counted as a non-Werewolf, even though he is on the "winning" side if the Werewolves win.

The Werewolf team wins if the number of non-Werewolves equals the number of Werewolves at any time during the game cycle.

Linoge Census
  1. Remus West
  2. Qantaga
  3. Lassr
  4. Vorret
  5. tru1cy
  6. Holman
  7. RMC
  8. Purge
  9. Grundbegriff
  10. bb2112
  11. Newcastle
  12. pr0ner
  13. Scoop20906
  14. Chaosraven
  15. theohall
  16. redrun
  17. triggercut
  18. Bakhtosh
  19. Lagom Lite
  20. Unagi
  21. LordMortis
  22. El Guapo
Last edited by stessier on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 am, edited 31 times in total.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by stessier »

FAQ - coming soon!
Last edited by stessier on Wed May 15, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Table of Contents

Post by stessier »

Nightfall 1 - Game start
Daybreak 1 - Holman dead
Day 1 Lynch - Final Vote Count, Part 1, Part 2
Daybreak 2 - Revenge
Day 2 Lynch - Final Vote Count, Lynch
Daybreak 3 - Dawn
Day 3 Lynch - Final Vote Count, Lynch
Daybreak 4 - Another death
Day 4 Lynch - Final Vote Count, Lynch
Daybreak 5 - The truth dies.
Day 5 Lynch - Final Vote Count, Lynch
Daybreak 6 - Yet Another Death
Day 6 Lynch - Final Vote Count, Lynch
Daybreak 7 - Running out of time
Day 7 Lynch - Final Vote Count, Lynch
Daybreak 8 - Another death
Day 8 Lynch - Final Vote Count, Lynch
Daybreak 9 - ...and then there were three
Day 9 Lynch - Final Vote Count, Myth & Legend

Latest Vote Count
Last edited by stessier on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 am, edited 35 times in total.
stessier

Reserved

Post by stessier »

Text of all PMs. This takes care of the problem of anyone triangulating using verboten text. I call it the Stessier Rule. :oops:

Villagers
Spoiler:
The Blood Moon rises over Linoge once more! The ill light seeps through the window causing you to pull the blanket up closer and pray for the morning light. Pray - that's all there is left to do.

You are a Villager.
Wolves
Spoiler:
The Blood Red Moon rises over Linoge once again. As the first sliver breaks the horizon, you feel the familiar call - the call to hunt! You feel a welling in you stomach as the transformation starts to take hold and let out a might...burp?! Must have just been gas.

You are a Villager.

But then you hear the call of a wolf, and in an instant, the transformation takes hold. In seconds, shaggy fur ripples over your muscled form and you dash into the Night to hunt with your pack!
Cabal
Spoiler:
The Blood Red Moon rises over Linoge once again. As a member of the Brotherhood, you know better than anyone what this omen means. Quickly and quietly you don your cloak and head for the sacred site. There is much to discuss.
Sorcerer
Spoiler:
The Blood Moon rises over Linoge once more! Evil is rising...you sense it but can not see clearly. You pull the crystal closer and concentrate. An image begins to take shape and a vicious smile spreads across your lips. The weaklings around you have no idea what they are in for.
Seer
Spoiler:
The Blood Moon rises over Linoge once more! Evil is hiding...but the third eye sees all. Concentrate....concentrate...concentrate...
Werewolf Hunter
Spoiler:
The Blood Red Moon rises over Linoge once again. You know what must be done. With the grace and competence borne from years of training, you rush through the forest to your cache of supplies. Grabbing your satchel, you head back toward the village.

There is work to be done...and werewolves to kill!
Medium
Spoiler:
The Blood Moon rises over Linoge once more. The red light spilling through the window illuminates dusty shelves containing the tools of your trade. Running your fingers lightly over a skull, you let out a sigh. Soon there will be need of your services.
Mentalist
Spoiler:
The Blood Moon rises over Linoge once more! With great haste you draw the drapes and settle down on your meditation mat. Evil is rising - perhaps you can use your powers to mitigate their effects.
Last edited by stessier on Wed May 15, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stessier

Re: Lars Memorial Liaisons - PMs are out!

Post by stessier »

PMs are out.

Night will start after all PMs are picked up.

Feel free to post here, but no Mentalist, Cabalist, or Werewolf private talking should occur until Night officially begins.
RMC

Post by RMC »

In.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Obviously, I'm Empire.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
El Guapo

Re: Lars Memorial Liaisons - waiting on 10 PMs

Post by El Guapo »

So, do I set up my own sorceror subforum, or what?
Black Lives Matter.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Feel free to talk amongst yourself.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bakhtosh wrote:Feel free to talk amongst yourself.
Are you planning on shooting Grund before or after his first post?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
Are you planning on shooting Grund before or after his first post?
Oh, don't wait until you get home. Shoot him now! Shoot him now!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
tru1cy

Re: Lars Memorial Liaisons - waiting on 5 PMs

Post by tru1cy »

:coffee:

I have a sneaky suspicion that a lot of folks are about to die in this game

Just a thought
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

tru1cy wrote::coffee:

I have a sneaky suspicion that a lot of folks are about to die in this game

Just a thought
Sounds like a threat to me. Is it too early to lynch tru1cy for participating? :twisted:
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Holman

Post by Holman »

Checking in.

Twitchy lynch fingers ready...
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote:So, do I set up my own sorceror subforum, or what?
:P
RMC

Post by RMC »

Grundbegriff wrote:How do you play this game?
Lynch remus first.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Re: Lars Memorial Liaisons - waiting on 3 PMs

Post by Lassr »

It's Chaosraven isn't it. We are waiting on him again.

Remus, get him off the XBOX. Go to his house and take the damn thing.

:D
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Post by redrun »

You are not one of us?
Sufficient I am to the day.
Holman

Re: Lars Memorial Liaisons - waiting on 2 PMs

Post by Holman »

I'm just glad I'm not a Bad Cylon.

Aw, shoot. Can I edit this?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

You most certainly can! :wink:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:It's Chaosraven isn't it. We are waiting on him again.

I haven't been on the Xbox in several weeks now. Been too busy. :(
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:

Been too busy planning your wolfy ways???? Hmmm....
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:
Remus West wrote:

If you would just get over to the wolf forum you'd see the planned menu I posted for this game. We begin with a nice rack of ribs taken from the chest of....hmmmm....I've said too much. Just don't forget to bring the thyme.
stessier

Post by stessier »

We're waiting on 2 people. Emails have been sent. Fingers are crossed.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:
RMC wrote:
Remus West wrote:

If you would just get over to the wolf forum you'd see the planned menu I posted for this game. We begin with a nice rack of ribs taken from the chest of....hmmmm....I've said too much. Just don't forget to bring the thyme.
Uhh... This isn't the wolf forum? Err... Ignore those messages... :)
purge

Post by purge »

Checking in - stupid canoe trip is going to kill me (just the effen planning phase no less).

:sigh:

Why is RMC answering as if he's Chaosraving? Spoofing a role already?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC wrote:
Remus West wrote:
RMC wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Uhh... This isn't the wolf forum? Err... Ignore those messages... :)
No, this is the hockey forum. Common mistake.
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

s00p/r S3kr1t wolfy forum

Post by Chaosraven »

We kill Remus.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
LordMortis

Re: s00p/r S3kr1t wolfy forum

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:We kill Remus.
You cover for yourself like that all of the time. It's Unagi who goes.
stessier

Re: Lars Memorial Liaisons - It is Night

Post by stessier »

The Blood Moon rises over Linoge!

Cower in fear for the evil that hunts the Night has an insatiable hunger.

Night has begun. All forums are open.

Boilerplate:
Mentalist - will you communicate with someone?
Werewolf Hunter - will you protect someone?
Sorcerer - what question do you seek an answer to?
Seer - on whom will you concentrate the Third Eye?
Cabalists - whom will you examine?
Werewolves - who looks tasty?

Deadline for orders is Friday, May 17 at 11:59pm Eastern. Daybreak will not occur before Friday, May 17 at 6am Eastern.
Last edited by stessier on Thu May 16, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

El Guapo wrote: No, this is the hockey forum. Common mistake.

Nice. :lol:
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

LordMortis wrote:
Flip for it?
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Qantaga wrote:
El Guapo wrote: No, this is the hockey forum. Common mistake.

Nice. :lol:
Agreed. That was just what I was going to say.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LordMortis wrote:
I'm going to be very amused later when I'm dead and you are left playing this whole mess.
I'm going to be very pissed later when I'm dead and find out you killed me again.

You wouldn't do that would you? Kill me as Cain, tell me your sorry about it, then mock me in this game and kill me at night. You wouldn't do that, would you?

Would you!?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
I'm going to be very amused later when I'm dead and you are left playing this whole mess.
I'm going to be very pissed later when I'm dead and find out you killed me again.

You wouldn't do that would you? Kill me as Cain, tell me your sorry about it, then mock me in this game and kill me at night. You wouldn't do that, would you?

Would you!?
I would.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LordMortis wrote:I would.
And when you die tonight and I get lynched tomorrow I won't be left playing this whole mess. :P
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

LordMortis wrote:
And when you die tonight and I get lynched tomorrow I won't be left playing this whole mess. :P
Oh come on, we all know I am gonna flake out, miss the whole Day One and get lynched for silence, so don't even pretend.
"Where are you off to?"

Vorret

Re: Lars Memorial Liaisons - Night has fallen

Post by Vorret »

:pop:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LordMortis wrote:
Actually, that's not a bad plan at all.