Lynching Liaisons - The End

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Unagi

Re: Lynching Liaisons - The End

Post by Unagi »

Trigg, what pages (between what n what) is it that you said I spiked?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:
Remus West wrote:Also, well done Unagi. Amazing.

bb2112, why did you let me get away with faking your role so long? I understand the death without speaking because you went from low votes to dead in no time flat but why let it go at all?
That was the turning point in the game.

Village never recovered.

Game is won if he speaks up.
While this is one point, I would contend there were many. 1st being that everyone assumed RW was the seer because of a lack of a counter claim, without looking how far we were into the game or other circumstances. I still don't get why everyone thought a seer coming out on day 2 with no votes on them was a good idea. And what I find even funnier is that these are the same people that are saying they knew it was Unagi all along. 20/20 hindsight. 2nd was trusting RW's lead to the point to where when he then called for specials to out themselves, most everyone did. 3rd was driving the vote up on me so fast. Believe me, if I got to 7 votes, I was going to squawk, but never got the chance. And those were all in the first two days. There were plenty of other things that happened later that could have turned around this perfect storm.

I have thought about this a lot since it happened. Maybe I should have seen the village was going to insanely believe that a seer would come out on day 2 when the game was far from over, and make the village believe outing every special was a good idea. Or that the village was going to kill me quickly before I had a chance to speak when I was at 4 out of 10 votes. And there are a whole lot of other weird circumstances I could add, but you can go to the spoiler forum and read my remarks there, if you care. But even now, after having just lived it, I still have a hard time believing it all fell that way. And again, you Monday morning quarterbacks can all say "well, you should have seen it coming," I didn't. I can't. It is just too far fetched. (Yeah, I know, Mara Jade.) However, I'm being honest with myself when I say, faced with the same set of circumstances, I would do it again the same way.

I also find the perspective amusing. Go read the wolf forum during the time period when RW came out and didn't get countered.
Spoiler:
BTW, I told Stess he hated the village when he sent me the PM telling me I was the seer. I just didn't know how prophetic I was at the time..
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

triggercut wrote:

bb2112, why did you let me get away with faking your role so long? I understand the death without speaking because you went from low votes to dead in no time flat but why let it go at all?

Village never recovered.

Certainly once the medium was outed and duped by the fake seer, the real seer was in big trouble.

Truly though, our kill of bb2112,was pretty lucky, but the medium just jumped willingly into our lap, and that was critical. :wink:

Imagine a seanced seer with news on Lassr.
Talk about a recovery.
RMC

Re: Lynching Liaisons - Grand Finale

Post by RMC »

Unagi wrote:
RMC wrote:And you all offed me...Told you it was Unagi...sheesh..
IIRC, I think you were in a position to end it... but since I was playing and you were passive - fail. :twisted:
Actually as I got more active, you turned it into me behaving differently and everyone else bit on that. <shrug> I am never a strong player, and I figured you would get lynched after me..

Ah well, I had fun.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote: The early votes on bb2112 were mostly made by legit humans, and one wolf that was doing it as the most human thing he would do. If I wasn't a wolf, I'd have placed that vote on bb21122. So did Lassr. So did LM. And all for the same real reason: because we felt things he did in the game warranted a lynch.
And what got me lynched was trying to move the game along that was stagnating to lynch Purge. When Baktosh came back Wolf LM was crying I was trying to steer the village away from Baktosh. My posts came first! The Baktosh train came after. But nobody would listen to me. Everyone listened to Unagi. I've said this before, and Stess even said it again earlier, there are a few people that have a lot of power and can sway the village. Unagi, Grund, and RW are three of the best. Lassr and Q can to some extent, although this game sure didn't show it for Lassr.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

RMC wrote:Actually as I got more active, you turned it into me behaving differently and everyone else bit on that.
that's basically what I meant by that.
Last edited by Unagi on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:
Unagi wrote:
RMC wrote:And you all offed me...Told you it was Unagi...sheesh..
IIRC, I think you were in a position to end it... but since I was playing and you were passive - fail. :twisted:
Actually as I got more active, you turned it into me behaving differently and everyone else bit on that. <shrug> I am never a strong player, and I figured you would get lynched after me..

Ah well, I had fun.
RMC, don't be so hard on yourself. I saw huge improvements in your play this game. You were actually right quite a lot. I guess I can't go back to the old bit where you are always wrong anymore. :wink:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Unagi wrote:Trigg, what pages (between what n what) is it that you said I spiked?
Between the pages I started looking at, and the pages I stopped.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Unagi wrote:
triggercut wrote:

Village never recovered.

Certainly once the medium was outed and duped by the fake seer, the real seer was in big trouble.

Truly though, our kill of bb2112,was pretty lucky, but the medium just jumped willingly into our lap, and that was critical. :wink:

Imagine a seanced seer with news on Lassr.
Talk about a recovery.
Imagine knowing Lassr was cleared and good, proven upon Remus coming up a fake Seer.

Cuts both ways.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Nice game, y'all. Congrats, wolves.

A kudos to Unagi. Feels good, doesn't it? :D
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

test a fake seer scans

always
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Holman

Post by Holman »

I just realized that, as the sorcerer, I also won! Hooray for our side even though I was eaten first night!!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Grundbegriff wrote:Image

Nice game, y'all. Congrats, wolves.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The interplay between Remus killing people before they can talk and Unagi berating him for it TWICE was masterful and the reason I didn't "scoop" Unagi.

I was lost the whole game. It makes sense the last guy I thought was the wolf, was the wolf.

I need to stick to playing as a bad guy every game. At least the pain ends quickly.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:test a fake seer scans

always
You do realize that the reason I named Unagi is because I could not think of a single game we have played when the fake Seer named multiple partners as good, don't you? Every single other game we have played your little "test the fake seer scans" would have led to misses. I banked on folks knowing their history. When Lassr called out exactly what I had done I was amazed.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote:I just realized that, as the sorcerer, I also won! Hooray for our side even though I was eaten first night!!
Best game you've ever played. :twisted:
Spoiler:
:P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Remus West wrote:

always
You do realize that the reason I named Unagi is because I could not think of a single game we have played when the fake Seer named multiple partners as good, don't you? Every single other game we have played your little "test the fake seer scans" would have led to misses. I banked on folks knowing their history. When Lassr called out exactly what I had done I was amazed.
My feeling--and I saw that you were a fake seer and that I was dead at pretty much the exact same moment and hadn't joined the spoiler forum and wanted to give stessier my best guesses first--was that coming forward as a Seer when there wasn't really any suspicion on you anyway...well. That was such a "what the hell, we're losing, might as well just go for it" kind of audacious, crazy-awesome play. And once you realize that Remus basically had already pulled off this crazy "You should never, not ever do THIS" ploy in the game, I thought it was for certain that your "scans" had to have at least one or more of your teammates in them.

I guess what I mean by that, it isn't logical that you'd make that bold and aggressive (and brilliant, fankly) play like that and then get cautious and wussy on your scan targets. I read it as a whole "Remus stomps on the accelerator, everyone hold on!" play. I think it only makes sense that you'd be that bold and crazy in your scans as well.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Holman wrote:I just realized that, as the sorcerer, I also won! Hooray for our side even though I was eaten first night!!
Your input was pivotal to the outcome of the game.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I think the wolves were vastly outgunned this game, and pulled off a tremendous win. The village got lazy, but that doesn't diminish the heroic effort of the wolf team (actually Remus and Unagi, since purge and Bakhtosh couldn't participate much for various reasons). Well-deserved, guys.

In a game this size, there should be five - or even six - wolves.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Remus West wrote:

always

this still doesn't change my thought on this.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote: When Lassr called out exactly what I had done I was amazed.
and the reason I thought of that was because it was you. If it had been some others faking seer I probably would not have gone down that road. You are a sneaky bastard! I say that with a lot of love. :D
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

triggercut wrote: That was such a "what the hell, we're losing, might as well just go for it" kind of audacious, crazy-awesome play. And once you realize that Remus basically had already pulled off this crazy "You should never, not ever do THIS" ploy in the game, I thought it was for certain that your "scans" had to have at least one or more of your teammates in them.

I guess what I mean by that, it isn't logical that you'd make that bold and aggressive (and brilliant, fankly) play like that and then get cautious and wussy on your scan targets. I read it as a whole "Remus stomps on the accelerator, everyone hold on!" play. I think it only makes sense that you'd be that bold and crazy in your scans as well.
Well put and that mirrors my thinking also although I thought Remus had to be the seer at first because it was SUCH a bold move and no one had countered him even though it went against common sense to come out at that time. Once it was revealed he was faking then my mind started churning these hail mary theories
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Post by redrun »

Excellent job by the wolf team - and excellent job of being evil. :)

I wonder what would have happened if I'd not misread/remembered the vote count was five when Unagi was at four. I was pretty sure it was between Unagi and RMC, and I made the mistake of switching to RMC.

Thanks Stessier for running this. I found it a very interesting experience as the Mentalist.
Sufficient I am to the day.
stessier

Post by stessier »

redrun wrote:Thanks Stessier for running this. I found it a very interesting experience as the Mentalist.
Oh, big question I forgot to ask you - Why did you burn a Night Talk by recontacting Lagom rather than just telling the whole thread what Qantaga said? I could never come up with a reason for that.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
redrun

Post by redrun »

stessier wrote:
redrun wrote:Thanks Stessier for running this. I found it a very interesting experience as the Mentalist.
Oh, big question I forgot to ask you - Why did you burn a Night Talk by recontacting Lagom rather than just telling the whole thread what Qantaga said? I could never come up with a reason for that.
A. To keep some doubt as to my real role.
B. To allow the Cabelists to scan BB2112 and see what additional information we could gain. I'm glad we did so, but I'd suggest in the future that team good not be so quick to reveal the knowledge - I'd like to have seen what Remus had to say at at the start of the day, and I'd like to how folks reacted to a push to have Remus killed (shot preferred, lynch OK) during the day.

In the end I was sorta glad I did it that way - it made me question why I was still alive, and Unagi looked the best choice as to why.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I shoot Remus again.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
redrun

Post by redrun »

Chaosraven wrote:I shoot Remus again.
I take Chaosraven's gun away from him, reload it, and give it back to him.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:
Well, from a wolf's point of view - that was actually smart, because we assumed that Qantaga was still a big :?:

LOL
I mean, if they told everyone - then tru1cy wouldn't have been able to point a finger at Unagi because he gave the Perfectly Correct Advice to scan Qantaga over BB2112. :roll:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grundbegriff wrote:Nice game, y'all. Congrats, wolves.

Thank you.

sigh... it sorta feels good. Being DONE feels the best. Winning always makes me feel a little guilty. (as a big lying wolf)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote:I think the wolves were vastly outgunned this game, and pulled off a tremendous win. The village got lazy, but that doesn't diminish the heroic effort of the wolf team (actually Remus and Unagi, since purge and Bakhtosh couldn't participate much for various reasons). Well-deserved, guys.
Much thanks.

It sucked. :D
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yes Unagi, you out gooded me in this game. I got lynched and you didn't. Excellent job....dammit.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
stessier wrote:
Well, from a wolf's point of view - that was actually smart, because we assumed that Qantaga was still a big :?:

LOL
I mean, if they told everyone - then tru1cy wouldn't have been able to point a finger at Unagi because he gave the Perfectly Correct Advice to scan Qantaga over BB2112. :roll:
Yeah, I felt like the village was really free with their information in this game. Anything a group of players knows that the wolves do not is an advantage to the village to keep to themselves, imo. A group is in no danger of being eliminated and losing the information. If redrun tells the whole group that Q told him he was a villager then we have an extra piece of the puzzle to work with.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
Unagi wrote:
stessier wrote:

LOL
Yeah, I felt like the village was really free with their information in this game. Anything a group of players knows that the wolves do not is an advantage to the village to keep to themselves, imo. A group is in no danger of being eliminated and losing the information. If redrun tells the whole group that Q told him he was a villager then we have an extra piece of the puzzle to work with.
Except that it limited his nightly visits. Why wasn't there a means to relay who he had visited and what he had found without a return visit? Why didn't the Cabal have ways to communicate during the day to coordinate their votes without being obvious? It might have been useful the day their leader came out but they weren't willing to.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Wow. What a game. This was like the Bills comeback against the Oilers.

Congratulations to Team Wolf, especially to Unagi. To survive that many lynches was masterful. Very well played!!

Also, a perfectly timed and executed spoof by Remus, against all odds.

Congratulations to stess on running a great game. Thanks for all your time and effort to guide a classic game.

Monday Morning Quarterback observations:

- I was surprised that no one pressed Remus the day after I died. I realize Remus was uncontested at that time (it was the next day that bb was revealed to be the Seer). However, at that time, Remus had claimed Seer and trig had revealed as Medium. Remus had even run the numbers that showed the game was almost locked down with two more Seer scans. If Remus were truly the Seer, the wolves would have HAD to go after either Remus or trig that night, even if they were blocked, or it would have been game over. As soon as I died, I PMed stess (and I was unspoiled until game's end) that my death meant Remus must be a wolf because the only logical explanation for my death was that the wolves were still looking for the Seer. However, other than a "Why Q?" post or two, no one seriously pursued that path.

- I think the big, early lead by the village worked against us. With so many misses available, it didn't feel (from the outside looking in, of course) like anyone was doing any deep "investigating." It was sort of a "we don't have to look too hard, because we'll eventually hit the wolf anyway" atmosphere. That's not a knock on anyone, just the natural psychology (much like the above mentioned Oilers) that arises from such a big, early advantage.

- I was a little frustrated by all the "vote me out today, so I won't be a distraction in the late game" posts. At least four players said that, maybe more. If you're a villager, keep fighting the good fight and trying to find the wolves instead of volunteering to be lynched. As Lassr found out, just because you're lynched and come back villager, it doesn't mean anyone is going to rally around your theory anyway. So, fight to stay alive and not to give the wolves a sure miss. (IMHO).

It was a fun game to play and to watch. Thanks to all who played for such an enjoyable game and for one that will go down as a classic in OOWW lore.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
theohall

Post by theohall »

Unagi wrote:
triggercut wrote:Doing that, you and Vorret stood out like like a full moon on a winter's night.
This sounds a lot like Theohall's theory on the early voters on Bb2112.

When you have some random test/filter and it nets you a wolf, you insist you got yourself a wolf detector.

Next game, that might have caught Vorret and Lassr.

The early votes on bb2112 were mostly made by legit humans, and one wolf that was doing it as the most human thing he would do. If I wasn't a wolf, I'd have placed that vote on bb21122. So did Lassr. So did LM. And all for the same real reason: because we felt things he did in the game warranted a lynch.

But theohalll will sit their and insist it was an accurate wolf 'catch'. It just really wasn't.

You may think that a post spike after a LL announcement is exactly where you will catch wolves, but it's just a random check point, and a wolf passed through it.
So did Vorret.

Now I need to go back and read that part of the game and see what I was chatty about.
It would have caught you, right? No matter how many times it was mentioned to lynch the three, it never happened.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qantaga wrote:
- I think the big, early lead by the village worked against us. With so many misses available, it didn't feel (from the outside looking in, of course) like anyone was doing any deep "investigating."
Really, did you read any of my posts? I had re-read numerous times and used the search function to read the progress of each individuals posts through out the game. I kept coming back to Unagi. I kept saying his demeanor was different but it is hard to post every quote he said to prove my point.

So I wouldn't do anything different than I did in this game except maybe find time to put my Unagi story together before I got lynched on my last day but it didn't happen.
and I can't help it that once the village found out I was good that they did not then go back and look at what I was saying. When everyone gets the idea that I may be bad then they tend to tune out what I say. I've seen it in several games and that makes it very frustrating for me and I wonder why put in the effort. So if I'm dead maybe they can refocus their attention in the proper place. Didn't happen/

So in the next game when I am fighting to stay alive I hope no one says that is wolfish behavior because you know they will.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote: So in the next game when I am fighting to stay alive I hope no one says that is wolfish behavior because you know they will.
Now you did it. They will most likely kill you day 1 now. :lol:
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Lassr wrote:
Qantaga wrote:
- I think the big, early lead by the village worked against us. With so many misses available, it didn't feel (from the outside looking in, of course) like anyone was doing any deep "investigating."
Really, did you read any of my posts? I had re-read numerous times and used the search function to read the progress of each individuals posts through out the game. I kept coming back to Unagi. I kept saying his demeanor was different but it is hard to post every quote he said to prove my point.

I was speaking of the more corporate village.

However, you are correct. You did do a great job of investigation/intuition, it's just a shame no one followed your lead. (Although, I still don't agree with the whole "kill me to remove me as a distraction" gambit).

You can hold your head high, knowing that you had found the wolf.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qantaga wrote:(Although, I still don't agree with the whole "kill me to remove me as a distraction" gambit).
I only go that route when I truly am distracting people from finding the wolf. A few times I have done it as a wolf. I will not vote for myself though.

This game it just seemed like no one was listening to me so I was getting frustrated.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:
Qantaga wrote:(Although, I still don't agree with the whole "kill me to remove me as a distraction" gambit).
I only go that route when I truly am distracting people from finding the wolf. A few times I have done it as a wolf. I will not vote for myself though.

This game it just seemed like no one was listening to me so I was getting frustrated.
Same here. And I really thought that when I was lynched as villager that people would look at who I was pushing for.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat