Star Wars - Han Solo's Mission

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: Star Wars - Han Solo's Mission

Post by Scoop20906 »

From the beginning to the end I had no read on anyone in this game. I only latched on the moliere because he was number one on the list. I voted newcastle because he made few posts that seemed so BS but then he over activity actually made me consider him good. I was never 100% sure about him and I really wanted to see moliere swing. That kind of got in the way and then I wasn't even in on his vote.

Never once consider Qantaga as bad.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qantaga looked good at the start, I made my one joke post about him trying to nail his useless partner (ends up I was right on their roles). He felt evil later when Newcastle and I were having our exchange and Q agreed with me at some point about Newcastle getting a few things wrong but then never really considered voting for Newcastle. That was when I seriously started thinking about Q. Before it was more poking at him.

But of course it came down to Newcastle, was he bad, if so it all made sense to me. If not then I was waaaay off.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb, thanks for running the game. I'm grateful for your time and effort. Your write-ups were awesome!

It was an interesting game. We benefitted greatly when all three specials were exposed on Day 1 and the village was in a very difficult position early on.

We did make note of Vorret's and Lassr prescience. Vorret naming all three of us was a great guess. If he had been anyone other than Garm (who had to die that night), it would have been interesting to see how he carried that forward the next day.

There was one that really amazed me early on:
Lassr wrote: Just curious, are you Greedo or Boba trying to deflect attention by pointing at your now useless member? Wouldn't that be something. Qantaga (Boba), Purge, (Jabba), Newcastle (Greedo).

Just a possibility that crossed my mind.

While he was wrong about Purge, Lassr not only correctly named Newcastle and I as evil, but also named our exact roles.

I'm off to a meeting this morning, so I'll have a few more comments tonight.

Lassr, a huge tip of the cap to you. You played a most excellent game. It's a shame your specials were eliminated so early.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yes, that was the moment. I was just poking at you because I really didn't feel you were evil at that time.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:You had a few posts where they just felt so fake, like the one where I said you were creeping me out. That made me pay closer attention to you. Then the one where you didn't know the rule although we had been talking about it and the way you posted that :shock: message like you suddenly realized what I was talking about really really seemed fake, and then Chaosraven came in and said Newcastle is playing us. After that I felt convinced you were guilty, and our exchange solidified my position.

I thought I may have come on too strong and it turned people off to my reasoning plus a lot of it was based off my gut feeling that those few posts were indeed fake. SO that one day when we agreed to back off each other it just seemed the village was more interested at taking stabs in the dark instead of looking at what I had been saying.

When we didn't lynch you I pretty much knew the game was probably over.

I never was 100% sure you were guilty but I reached 90% at the end.
When I saw that Newcastle had suggested a third lynch target to you I was like "oh man he's probably a wolf." But it was like 5 hours to deadline at that point.

On the plus side, it's hard for the next village to do worse. Arguably impossible.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Yeah , I haven't done many of those game but outing every special and not nailing a single wolf has to be some kind of mediocrity record.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Mediocrity is generous.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote:
Lassr wrote:You had a few posts where they just felt so fake, like the one where I said you were creeping me out. That made me pay closer attention to you. Then the one where you didn't know the rule although we had been talking about it and the way you posted that :shock: message like you suddenly realized what I was talking about really really seemed fake, and then Chaosraven came in and said Newcastle is playing us. After that I felt convinced you were guilty, and our exchange solidified my position.

I thought I may have come on too strong and it turned people off to my reasoning plus a lot of it was based off my gut feeling that those few posts were indeed fake. SO that one day when we agreed to back off each other it just seemed the village was more interested at taking stabs in the dark instead of looking at what I had been saying.

When we didn't lynch you I pretty much knew the game was probably over.

I never was 100% sure you were guilty but I reached 90% at the end.
When I saw that Newcastle had suggested a third lynch target to you I was like "oh man he's probably a wolf." But it was like 5 hours to deadline at that point.

On the plus side, it's hard for the next village to do worse. Arguably impossible.
That day was a stress ball for me. I was just scrambling and scrambling to avoid the noose. It's got nothing to do w/ being "perfect" in game or anything, that was simply a consequence. But i knew if i survived the odds were we'd win the game the following day. So that day was just seriously important, hence the scramble.

Oh i want to add a new term for the WW lexicon - "Newcastlian Defense" - An outsized, OCD ridden and overly done defense of ones self by attacking another person. Usually done when one is a wolf to target an innocent.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:Yeah , I haven't done many of those game but outing every special and not nailing a single wolf has to be some kind of mediocrity record.
From my perspective it was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I kept on wanting to shout "Noooooooo!" And that was just day 1. It only got worse from there. The only good thing The Village People did was kill Remus. That was funny.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb, I have to ask - did you actually think that Han might be a useful special?
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:bb, I have to ask - did you actually think that Han might be a useful special?
+1,000,000,000

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:bb, I have to ask - did you actually think that Han might be a useful special?
Not really. I was thinking he could block Boba, but I should have changed his block to be Boba or Boba's target. I also thought it would be interesting if he had to break Qui Gon's protection because Qui Gon protected the wrong guy.

I also didn't think Jabba was very useful. What are the odds the village was going to lynch a claimed Han. So I wasn't too worried about an underpowered good guy since there was an underpowered bad guy too.

I wanted to try to run a game that had minimal uber powers and without a full seer. I wanted to see if the players could manouvre things so they could still find a way to make use of what they had. This game was a total bust for that. With all three good guys outed day 1, it made it super difficult for them to do anything useful. Although RMC could have still blocked if he had guessed right. That would have given you an extra day. Vorret still had a chance at a scan if the village had guessed right on the lynch. Technically he could have had two, but that would have been a real stretch.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Qantaga wrote:bb, thanks for running the game. I'm grateful for your time and effort. Your write-ups were awesome!
Thanks Q!
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote: Purge is a dead Rebel
Just to be clear, Remus was identified (IIRC) as a dignitary. That's the same thing as a rebel in effect, right?
You are correct. I made an error when I announced RW's death. I was rushing to get everything done while dealing with chaos at home and screwed up. I blame bunnies. They aren't cute like everyone supposes. They have those hoppy little legs and twitchy little noses. And what's with all the carrots, why do they need such good eyesight anyway? Bunnies! Bunnies! It must be bunnies! Or maybe midgets.
Seriously, did nobody get this? I laid it there and the only comment was from Redrun and I am fairly certain he did not get the reference because he never watched the show.

http://youtu.be/wcLwtg98S-8" target="_blank
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:I wanted to try to run a game that had minimal uber powers and without a full seer. I wanted to see if the players could manouvre things so they could still find a way to make use of what they had. This game was a total bust for that. With all three good guys outed day 1, it made it super difficult for them to do anything useful. Although RMC could have still blocked if he had guessed right. That would have given you an extra day. Vorret still had a chance at a scan if the village had guessed right on the lynch. Technically he could have had two, but that would have been a real stretch.
Then you need to run it without a time limit. Look back at why I was lynched. Yes, we outed the specials but at the end of the day I got it because of the time limit. People did not make any moves until up against the time limit the entire game. Outing all the specials day 1 was not that big a deal as the only one worth anything was the protector so once he was out it didn't matter any longer. There wasn't much they were going to do that was useful anyway. The game was set up to roll one way or the other from the start. If the village got lucky day 1 then we earn a scan - assuming the right player was in on the vote - which could lead to more information. and thus to more hits. If not then they continue to roll blind and because the time limit seemed to be the inducing factor to most lynches it meant they did not mean a whole lot other than "hey, we got to lynch". The one time folks tried to put thought into their votes the village lynched nobody.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote: Then you need to run it without a time limit. Look back at why I was lynched. Yes, we outed the specials but at the end of the day I got it because of the time limit.
I totally disagree. No time limit would have made the inaction even worse. At least we got some activity before the time limits hit. Without a time limit there wouldn't have even been that. This is the path these games are going down lately on OO. And it is made worse by the fact that the inactive tend to get ignored while the active get lynched. The further the game progresses, even less activity. It is a disturbing trend.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Personally, I really dont care for time limits. I agree w/ Remus on that one. I think they force things. Granted they do move things along. However, i've always found that eventually momentum eventually picks up in the game for someone. Somehow or someway. Peopel just get sicked of nothing happening. I disagree also that this is the way the games are going as well.

Now in this game, perhaps people would have finally pikced up the pace.

At least two lynches were a direct result of the time limits remus & moliere. Now, what would have happened if that pressure wasnt there? I bet a widely different result. Remus would be alive and he probably would have gone guns ablazing for those trying to stick a noose around his neck.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

having said all that. Thanks BB for running the game. Much appreciated doing the moderator duties. Its not always easy.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:Personally, I really dont care for time limits. I agree w/ Remus on that one. I think they force things. Granted they do move things along. However, i've always found that eventually momentum eventually picks up in the game for someone. Somehow or someway. Peopel just get sicked of nothing happening. I disagree also that this is the way the games are going as well.

Now in this game, perhaps people would have finally pikced up the pace.

At least two lynches were a direct result of the time limits remus & moliere. Now, what would have happened if that pressure wasnt there? I bet a widely different result. Remus would be alive and he probably would have gone guns ablazing for those trying to stick a noose around his neck.
Maybe about Remus. The village spent two weeks outing every good special first and then had to scramble. Not so much on Moliere. That was two days early and nobody even discussed anyone else.

Hey some people don't care for time limits. I get it. Personally I find games without them to be really annoying. The lengths of inactivity that occur are too long for my impatient personality.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:having said all that. Thanks BB for running the game. Much appreciated doing the moderator duties. Its not always easy.
You are welcome. Over a month without a game, had to get one going. I was starting to get the shakes. :D
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
Not really. I was thinking he could block Boba, but I should have changed his block to be Boba or Boba's target. I also thought it would be interesting if he had to break Qui Gon's protection because Qui Gon protected the wrong guy.

I also didn't think Jabba was very useful. What are the odds the village was going to lynch a claimed Han. So I wasn't too worried about an underpowered good guy since there was an underpowered bad guy too.

I wanted to try to run a game that had minimal uber powers and without a full seer. I wanted to see if the players could manouvre things so they could still find a way to make use of what they had. This game was a total bust for that. With all three good guys outed day 1, it made it super difficult for them to do anything useful. Although RMC could have still blocked if he had guessed right. That would have given you an extra day. Vorret still had a chance at a scan if the village had guessed right on the lynch. Technically he could have had two, but that would have been a real stretch.
Ok, that makes sense. I agree that he should've been able to block Boba's protectee, but knowing that he's supposed to be pretty limited makes more sense.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
Newcastle wrote:having said all that. Thanks BB for running the game. Much appreciated doing the moderator duties. Its not always easy.
You are welcome. Over a month without a game, had to get one going. I was starting to get the shakes. :D
Yeah definitely - thanks!
Black Lives Matter.