Star Wars - Han Solo's Mission

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Star Wars - Han Solo's Mission

Post by bb2112 »

Team Good: The Rebel Alliance

Han Solo: Han can block a protection once per game from any player that has the protection ability. To initiate the block, he just PM’s the Mod the name of the person he wants to block and the block is automatic. In the case of Qui-Gon’s protection, Han can block either Qui-Gon, or Qui-Gon’s chosen to be protected. The block will cancel the protection in either case. For all others, he has to block the protector. Greedo cannot kill Han. If Greedo tries to shoot Han, Han will shoot Greedo instead. Han shot first. If Han kills Greedo in this fashion, Han's identitiy will be revealed.

Enlarge Image
Garm Bel Iblis: Every time he is on a successful lynch of an Empire player, he can get a free scan. Just PM the mod and he will reply with the answer as soon as possible.

Enlarge Image
Qui-Gon Jinn: Selects someone to protect at night. If that person is selected for a night kill, then the kill is blocked. Qui-Gon and the Imperials will be told that the kill was blocked. Qui-Gon’s identity will not be revealed. The protected person cannot be the target of a lynch the following day. If a lynch is attempted on the protected, it fails and it goes to night. Players will be told the lynch was blocked, Qui-Gon’s identity will be revealed. If an instant kill is attempted on the protected person, it can only be carried out if the person giving the kill order knows the victim’s identity. Otherwise the kill will fail and the players will be informed of the protection. Qui-Gon’s identity will be revealed. Qui-Gon cannot protect the same person two nights in a row.

Dignitaries and their entourage: You were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You are considered part of the Rebel team for this game.

Team Evil: The Empire

Enlarge Image
Jabba the Hutt: Jabba wants Han Solo. He wants Han bad. Not in a gay way, but in a Han owes him a lot of money kind of a way. If Jabba is part of a successful lynch or night kill of Solo, he gets one free scan.

Enlarge Image
Boba Fett: Boba may protect one player from a lynch one time in the game. This protection has a 30% chance of revealing his identity. If he is protecting himself, there is a 100% chance of revealing his identity. If the protection is successful, day will immediately turn to night. Boba's PM to the mod on the protection must occur before the final vote. Once the final vote is cast, the lynch will occur.

Enlarge Image
Greedo: Greedo has a gun and is not afraid to use it. The only question is will he get to use it before someone else blasts him to bits. Greedo can only use the gun once during the game and only during the day. Greedo's shot will reveal his identity. Greedo cannot kill Han. Han shot first. If Greedo tries to shoot Han, Greedo will die instead.
Last edited by bb2112 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Star Wars - Han Solo's Mission

Post by bb2112 »

Players

1. Moliere
2. Qantaga
3. Newcastle
4. Vorret
5. Chaosraven
6. Lassr
7. El Guapo
8. Redrun
9. Tru1cy
10. Remus West
11. Scoop20906
12. Lagom Lite
13. RMC
14. Purge
Last edited by bb2112 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Han Solo sat back in the pilot chair, glad to be away from the others on the overcrowded ship. How he let Mon Mothma talk him into this, he still didn’t know. He would just be glad when it was over. Han quietly checked the star charts when a small explosion rocked the ship and the Falcon dropped out of hyperspace. He quickly reached over and pulled up the ships status. He sighed. It was just a blown power relay. Easily fixed. The Falcon blew a power relay at least once a week. He reached down to get a spare out of one of the component compartments when General Garm Bel Iblis stormed onto the small bridge.

“Solo, why are we stopped in the middle of nowhere? We have to be at the conference in one week and we can’t take any delays!” the general fumed.

“Don’t worry, General. This bucket of bolts has done the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs. I think I can manage a ship full of dignitaries to Alderaan in plenty of time,” Han leaned back in his chair and put his hands behind his head. He shot Bel Iblis his best innocent look.

“You better, Solo. If anything happens on this mission, I am holding you personally responsible. Either way, I am reporting this to Mon Mothma.” With that the General stormed off the bridge of the Falcon nearly knocking over Jedi Qui Gon Jin in the process.

“Not in the best of moods, is he?” the Jedi inquired as he sat down in the copilot seat.

“That would be an understatement,” Han replied wryly. “Frankly, I don’t think the General has any other mood. I wish Chewie were here. He would just rip his arms off and beat him with them.”

“Hmmm, that may solve one issue, but I think that would cause some other problems. Any idea of how long the repairs are going to take? The rest of our contingent is getting restless.”

“Getting restless? It just happened! Go tell them to relax, I got this. It should only take a few hours and we can jump back to hyperspace.”

“Ok, Han. Anything else?”

“Yeah, just keep them out of my way. I am seriously contemplating jettisoning the whole lot. I told Mon Mothma I wasn’t the right man for this job.”

“Oh I don’t know, Han, I can think of few other men with your wit and charm,” said Qui Gon with a big smile.

“Watch it, Jedi, flattery will just get you jettisoned first.”

Just then white smoke started pouring through the air vents. Qui Gon quickly held his breath and slowed his metabolic rate. He looked over at Han already slumped in his chair drooling on his shirt. Determined to not be caught by the same fate, he stood up and started rushing for the door when his legs gave out underneath him and he fell to the floor. He realized at that moment the gas must be being absorbed through his skin. Then it all went black.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You wake up to find everyone aboard the ship slowly coming to consciousness. You remember who you are, but you can’t seem to remember any of the other faces around you.

“We have been sabotaged,” shouted El Guapo. “There is no other explanation.”

“It is worse than that,” announced Redrun while standing over a still form, “there is a killer on board.” Redrun quickly rummaged through the pockets of the body and pulled out an identity card. Remus reached over and snatched the card from Redrun’s hands.

Aftere examining the card for a long moment, “Kenetickiid… I wonder who he was?” Remus seemed to ask nobody in particular.

“Well I don’t care who he was,” said Purge. “We have to find and eliminate the killer.”

“Yeah,” yelled Chaosraven, “I’m pissed and ready to fuck someone’s shit up. The last time we had a power outage like this it messed up my whole world. You see there were these powerful beings called superheroes,” he points to El Guapo, “and you were there,” then he points to Remus West, “and you were there, and-“

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, shut up,” shouted Newcastle. “Next you’re going to say something stupid like Tighty-Wighty man and I just can’t take that level of insanity right now. Right now we have to find and kill a sabatour.”

It is day, what are you going to do…
Last edited by bb2112 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Questions and Answers:
Last edited by bb2112 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Empire is considered the "Wolf" contingent for this game. The Rebellion is the "Village" contingent.

Turn Order:

Day: All day actions happen first come first served
Boba Fett: Who will you protect from the lynch?
Greedo: Who will you shoot?
Han Solo: Will you initiate a block? If so on who?

Night: Events happen in turn order
Qui Gon Jinn: Who will you uber protect?
Jabba the Hutt: Did you help lynch Solo? If so, then you get a free scan. You will be notified by PM.
Garm Bel Iblis: Did you lynch an Imperial? If so, you can PM the Mod and get a free scan. You will be notified by PM.
Han Solo: Will you initiate a block? If so on who?
Imperials: Who will you kill?

Time Limits:

Day 1 – Will last 2 weeks unless ended sooner by the players. The deadline will be Wednesday October 16th at 9PM Eastern.
Day 2 - Will last a maximum of 9 days. If the end of the day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the deadline will extend to the following Monday
Day 3 Forward - Number of players = number of days not to exceed 7. If the end of the day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the deadline will extend to the following Monday
Last edited by bb2112 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Garm Bel Iblis seems rather neutered scanner. Hampered by his team in ascertaining info.. especially weak on the initial night turn

Just my early reaction
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
RMC

Post by RMC »

Interesting...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

tru1cy wrote:Garm Bel Iblis seems rather neutered scanner. Hampered by his team in ascertaining info.. especially weak on the initial night turn

Just my early reaction
Small change to Garm Bel Iblis's role. It is a little more powerful now, but still not a full scanner.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Why would Han want to block Qui Gon's protection? Seem his only useful role is getting shot by Greedo or blocking a protection of a player being lynched if Boba decides to save him.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Lynch CeeKay!

Wait, this isn't GT? Umm, so how about those Tatooine sunsets? Pretty.

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Dammit! I just realized I don't have the keys to the free forum. Need to get those for our evil doers to collaborate.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

bb2112 wrote:Dammit! I just realized I don't have the keys to the free forum. Need to get those for our evil doers to collaborate.
Please hurry up. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: We need to talk.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Dammit! I just realized I don't have the keys to the free forum. Need to get those for our evil doers to collaborate.
Please hurry up. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: We need to talk.
oh mai god scoop! you too scoop! Hot diggity dog!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Stess sent me the keys. There are still a couple of people that have not got their PM's. I will put together the spoiler forum this evening, and hopefully by then everyone will have received their PM and we can get started.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:Why would Han want to block Qui Gon's protection? Seem his only useful role is getting shot by Greedo or blocking a protection of a player being lynched if Boba decides to save him.
Yeah, Han's main ability seems like more of a drawback, actually - not only can he accidentally block his teammate's ability, but he's twice as likely to do that as he is to block the wolf protection. Was this copy-pasted from another game template without reviewing how it will function here?
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:
Lassr wrote:Why would Han want to block Qui Gon's protection? Seem his only useful role is getting shot by Greedo or blocking a protection of a player being lynched if Boba decides to save him.
Yeah, Han's main ability seems like more of a drawback, actually - not only can he accidentally block his teammate's ability, but he's twice as likely to do that as he is to block the wolf protection. Was this copy-pasted from another game template without reviewing how it will function here?
I agree with this, it doesn't seem to make sense
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Father... the sleeper has awakened!

Er, wrong universe...

Quick glance indates that we don't have a lot in the way of specials in this game - a good protector, an evil one-time protector, a couple of weak scanners, one instant kill, and Han Solo...

So, good would prefer to lynch Boba, followed by Gueedo, followed by Mr. Hutt.
Evil would prefer to lynch Qui-jon, followed by... Hans? or by Garm?
Sufficient I am to the day.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Yeah it seems off that Han can break quijons protection. Is the question of Han breaking a protectiong suppose to be balance by it possibly being quijon and not Bobba. See what i am getting at? It looks like Han is suppose to break Bobba's protection should it be used; the danger of his using it is that it could possibly break QuiJons. But the more I read about it, the more you wonder in what circumstance you'd want to break QuiJons.

The power seems a bit off actually, I cant see any reasonable scenario as a player as why, as a hypothetical Han, I'd want to use my 1 time ability to break a protection from a fellow ally.

I think it needs to be a bit better thought out to be honest.
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote:Yeah it seems off that Han can break quijons protection. Is the question of Han breaking a protectiong suppose to be balance by it possibly being quijon and not Bobba. See what i am getting at? It looks like Han is suppose to break Bobba's protection should it be used; the danger of his using it is that it could possibly break QuiJons. But the more I read about it, the more you wonder in what circumstance you'd want to break QuiJons.

The power seems a bit off actually, I cant see any reasonable scenario as a player as why, as a hypothetical Han, I'd want to use my 1 time ability to break a protection from a fellow ally.

I don't think there's any plausible scenario where Han would do that intentionally. So it must be an accidental risk involved with using the power, but it's hard to see why a one-time protection ability needs a downside built in. As it is I think the only time I could see Han using his power is if Gharm has scanned Boba and the village knows who he is, which is pretty unlikely particularly since Gharm's scan is contingent. Or I suppose if Qui-Gon is known and dead.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Yeah it seems off that Han can break quijons protection. Is the question of Han breaking a protectiong suppose to be balance by it possibly being quijon and not Bobba. See what i am getting at? It looks like Han is suppose to break Bobba's protection should it be used; the danger of his using it is that it could possibly break QuiJons. But the more I read about it, the more you wonder in what circumstance you'd want to break QuiJons.

I don't think there's any plausible scenario where Han would do that intentionally. So it must be an accidental risk involved with using the power, but it's hard to see why a one-time protection ability needs a downside built in. As it is I think the only time I could see Han using his power is if Gharm has scanned Boba and the village knows who he is, which is pretty unlikely particularly since Gharm's scan is contingent. Or I suppose if Qui-Gon is known and dead.
yeah the fact that its a 1 time ability also has to be considered. I think that's its downside. now if it was a permanent can use each day, i can understanding loading it with risk. But it breaking quigons protection, doesnt seem to fit.

Just my two credits
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

seems everyone else agrees then about Han, I honestly thought I was being stupid and was missing some important point.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I shoot Remus West.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ma Ringo da Hutt. Jee panwa crispo Jabba. Jee hagwa vopa Jabba. Coo sa Jabba? Ma buttmalia jee-jee ateema. Ho Ho Ho.

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

All PM's have been picked up. Evil forum is ready to go.

Game On
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ringo lynchoogo Moliere 

Ho Ho Ho!

purge

Post by purge »

Who let the wookie in from the rain without toweling him off?!!

/goes to buy a new recliner
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Um... Is it day? Night? And who was Kinetickid?? :hawk:
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lagom Lite wrote:Um... Is it day? Night? And who was Kinetickid?? :hawk:
It is day - it is buried at the end of the third post. :D
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

bb2112 wrote:
Well then...

Lynch  Lassr 

because he always seems to be a bad guy when I'm not.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
RMC

Post by RMC »

Purge 

Why? No reason, it's day one and his name is easy to type. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Well then...

Lynch  Lassr 

because he always seems to be a bad guy when I'm not.
well then I guess that means your ruse is exposed. I am not a bad guy so  Lagom Lite 

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Post by redrun »

Not taking into consideration protection or the instant kill, 14 players (plus the elusive Kenetickiid):

At end of:

Code: Select all

Night 1 - Kenetickiid - 14 players left, three evil
Day   1 -        ?    - 13 players left
Night 2 -        ?    - 12 players left
Day   2 -        ?    - 11 players left
Night 3 -        ?    - 10 players left
Day   3 -        ?    -  9 players left
Night 4 -        ?    -  8 players left
Day   4 -        ?    -  7 players left (Good loses here if no evil have died)
Night 5 -        ?    -  6 players left
Day   5 -        ?    -  5 players left
Night 6 -        ?    -  4 players left
Day   6 -        ?    -  3 players left (Good loses here)

Good will only get a scan if we manage to kill someone evil, and if the scanner is part of the kill.
Evil will only get a scan if Mr. Hutt helps to kill/lynch Hans.
Not very much scanning at all in this game.
Pretty standard good protector.
Evil has one instant kill.
Evil has one protection from lynch.

Ugly. Ugly. Ugly. We only have three misses before it becomes a sure thing for team evil (unless the protector does his thing successfully).
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

vorret 

Canadians are known imperial sympathizers.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote: vorret 

Canadians are known imperial sympathizers.
Where are those darned Australians when you need them.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

el guapo 

Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I scanned Chaosraven. He is an Imperial.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:I scanned Chaosraven. He is an Imperial.
I'm convinced.

withdraw Vorret
Chaosraven[/accused]. 

Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

El Guapo wrote:
I'm convinced.

withdraw Vorret
Chaosraven 

Black Lives Matter.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
I agree with this, it doesn't seem to make sense
If Qui Gon protects an Imperial at night, he also prevents their lynch the next day.
We're on a tight schedule.
It's weak (a number of circumstances would need to line up), but we may want to override Qui Gon's protection.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I'm not convinced.

Remus West 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow