Battle of the Presidents

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Vorret

Re: Battle of the Presidents

Post by Vorret »

If he uses it and fails, can he try again or it's lost?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It's lost.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Forget what I said about Clinton converting Teddy. I guess Teddy doesn't swing that way. Oops.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
RMC

Post by RMC »

Hmm... I am guessing that the most active of you there is at least one Dem.

There are some Dems hiding in the silents, I would guess as well.

So I say it is time to start offing the Silents, and see if we can stir up something. If we vote for silents and they start appearing, then we can start to see if they are here and have been reading all along and hiding, or if they were just reminded that they were in a game...Hmm... So who to vote for..

Qantaga 

He is a cagey foe, who will change his style of play to throw us off.. I say the silent move is a ploy to see if he can not be voted off... I am always wrong, but I say let's try it. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
theohall

Post by theohall »

Start offing the silents? Didn't we already start with J. D.?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

theohall wrote:Start offing the silents? Didn't we already start with J. D.?
Yeah, I didn't have the heart to tell him that J.D. was a miss.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Yep, we did start, but let's keep it up. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

triggercut wrote:What worries me at this point, though, is that Teddy and the Democrats may have both detected someone being a special Republican, and that special may not know they've got until nightfall before they're taken out of the game.

Ted hasn't spoken up yet...so unless he's Qantaga or tru1cy....
We need Qantaga and tru1cy to check in. :evil:

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC 

Black Lives Matter.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

If Qantaga had a role either as a goodguy or bad, he'd be playing I think. Same with tru1cy. I'm concluding at this point that both are either redshirts or endgame problems.

RMC 

"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

While I understand the reaction of voting RMC can either of you explain to me why you are not interested in voting Scoop?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Tru1cy said he shouldn't have signed up for this so we're going to keep him around just in case he changes his mind? At least there's hope Qantaga returns.

Anyways, what's the rationale for voting RMC here? I don't see anything evil about his behaviour.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

We have 12 players left.
1 lynch today and 1 dead tonight unless some big reveal happens we can pretty much guarantee that tonight's kill is 100% certain.

10 tomorrow.
With a possible rez, a shot and a (hopefully still alive) seer, can't we trim the weeds first and keep the active players at least we get some info that we can use later on.

Plus you guys seems to be rather confident that neither Q or Tru1cy are specials so by lynching them we reduce the evil hiding pool and we won't accidently out our seer (who knows what RMC is).

I don't know... it seems weird to keep them around for later when they don't provide any usefull info.
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Vorret wrote:We have 12 players left.
1 lynch today and 1 dead tonight unless some big reveal happens we can pretty much guarantee that tonight's kill is 100% certain.

10 tomorrow.
With a possible rez, a shot and a (hopefully still alive) seer, can't we trim the weeds first and keep the active players at least we get some info that we can use later on.

Plus you guys seems to be rather confident that neither Q or Tru1cy are specials so by lynching them we reduce the evil hiding pool and we won't accidently out our seer (who knows what RMC is).

I don't know... it seems weird to keep them around for later when they don't provide any usefull info.
RMC is a good guy. :dance:

I could vote for Scoop, as he is also being semi helpful, but I think trying to stay under the radar.

I think Tru1cy is just busy, he can be like that, and then pop in point out all of team evil from a read through and then disappear again. Now Q, he is interesting. This is very different behavior for him, and I am thinking it might be a new style to see if he can live without being here. Why do I think this? Because Q, always participates, but he knows that a lot of us(us does not include me) know his tells. This might be him trying to change his style of play. Might I be wrong? Most likely yes, I am wrong. But if I am right, then booya!

:)
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

RMC wrote:

10 tomorrow.

I could vote for Scoop, as he is also being semi helpful, but I think trying to stay under the radar.

I think Tru1cy is just busy, he can be like that, and then pop in point out all of team evil from a read through and then disappear again. Now Q, he is interesting. This is very different behavior for him, and I am thinking it might be a new style to see if he can live without being here. Why do I think this? Because Q, always participates, but he knows that a lot of us(us does not include me) know his tells. This might be him trying to change his style of play. Might I be wrong? Most likely yes, I am wrong. But if I am right, then booya!

Have you ever been right? 8-)
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Vorret wrote:
RMC wrote:

10 tomorrow.

Have you ever been right? 8-)
Yep, I was the deciding vote for one game. I voted the bad guy to be lynched, and I won. :)

I have also been the person voted off and lost the game a few times as well. In short, don't underestimate my skillz, they are mad. (sometimes anyway, and I am hoping that mad and skillz still means good.)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:While I understand the reaction of voting RMC can either of you explain to me why you are not interested in voting Scoop?
Scoop hasn't really been pinging evil for me. But maybe I should do a review.
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

triggercut wrote:If Qantaga had a role either as a goodguy or bad, he'd be playing I think. Same with tru1cy. I'm concluding at this point that both are either redshirts or endgame problems.

RMC 

This.

I really thought JD might chime in, having been in the other area of OO.

I am bothered by the repeated ezmate checkins by Q, with no followups, but not enough to throw votes on more silents.

RMC 

"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
RMC

Post by RMC »

Chaosraven wrote:
triggercut wrote:If Qantaga had a role either as a goodguy or bad, he'd be playing I think. Same with tru1cy. I'm concluding at this point that both are either redshirts or endgame problems.

RMC 

This.

I really thought JD might chime in, having been in the other area of OO.

I am bothered by the repeated ezmate checkins by Q, with no followups, but not enough to throw votes on more silents.

RMC 

Why the hate... You are wrong. Rmc is a goooood. Guy. Really.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

RMC -> Qantaga
theohall -> Remus West
bb2112 ->
triggercut -> RMC
Scoop20906 -> Remus West
Vorret ->
Chaosraven -> RMC
El Guapo -> RMC
Remus West -> Scoop20906
Qantaga ->
tru1cy ->

Scoop20906 (1): Remus West
Remus West (1): theohall
Qantaga (1): RMC
RMC (3): El Guapo, triggercut, Chaosraven

Six votes are needed.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Tru1cy 

I'd rather off someone who said he wouldn't be playing than RMC.
Isgrimnur wrote:
theohall

Post by theohall »

Vorret wrote: Tru1cy 

someone who admitted they wouldn't be paying is likely a miss.

Vorret 

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

theohall wrote:

Vorret 

Sure... I can agree with that.
Why keep him around? What's the point?

Again, I'd rather keep people who are actively playing around than someone who blatantly said he shouldn't have joined this game , I have no problem with people having personal/professional life interfere with the game, it happens and it's fine but in those special cases (like Newcastle) we should just vote them off and go on without them.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.
Isgrimnur wrote:
theohall

Post by theohall »

Vorret wrote:
theohall wrote:

Vorret 

Again, I'd rather keep people who are actively playing around than someone who blatantly said he shouldn't have joined this game , I have no problem with people having personal/professional life interfere with the game, it happens and it's fine but in those special cases (like Newcastle) we should just vote them off and go on without them.

then the Democrats have already won. All they have to do is not participate.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Vorret wrote:
theohall wrote:

Vorret 

You need me to do the math for you?

tru1cy and Qantaga aren't playing in the game, pretty much. Neither is likely to have a role of any sort. Either might be an excellent choice for a sleeper conversion, but that's an endgame problem.

In the meantime, in the likelihood that neither is anything special, killing them off essentially shortens the game for the Democrats and makes it easier on them. Instead of them having to kill or convert players who likely won't be protected by Teddy or rezzed by Abe, we'll be doing it for them.

It's a bad strategy at this point. It's fine earlier in the game to cull the herd a bit, but now it benefits the Democrats exclusively.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

theohall wrote:
Vorret wrote:
theohall wrote:

Vorret 

then the Democrats have already won. All they have to do is not participate.
Well no since I'll vote for them :P
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:
Vorret wrote:
theohall wrote:

Vorret 

You need me to do the math for you?

tru1cy and Qantaga aren't playing in the game, pretty much. Neither is likely to have a role of any sort. Either might be an excellent choice for a sleeper conversion, but that's an endgame problem.

In the meantime, in the likelihood that neither is anything special, killing them off essentially shortens the game for the Democrats and makes it easier on them. Instead of them having to kill or convert players who likely won't be protected by Teddy or rezzed by Abe, we'll be doing it for them.

It's a bad strategy at this point. It's fine earlier in the game to cull the herd a bit, but now it benefits the Democrats exclusively.
This.

It doesn't look like Reagan is coming out, and Teddy (hopefully) didn't self protect last night. I would still like to vote for Remus, but Vorret really intrigues me. Trig lays it all out pretty well in the post above.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Hmm.

If Ronnie is alive and unconverted, what if he's sitting on 2 goodguy scans? That's the possibility of 1-3 goodguys revealed.

If Ronnie steps up and names his scans as goodguys, then

Abe rezzes Lassr. That's 2 more proven goodguys.

Then Teddy steps up and shoots someone in the face, which reveals/proves himself. He does not shoot tru1cy or qantaga (and it would be especially cool if neither guy was a Reagan scan).

How are we doing as the GOP in that case?

I mention this because I'm worried that Abe, Teddy, or Ron was the blocked target last night, may not know it, and could go to the grave without doing a braindump or power-dump.
RMC

Post by RMC »

triggercut wrote:Hmm.

If Ronnie is alive and unconverted, what if he's sitting on 2 goodguy scans? That's the possibility of 1-3 goodguys revealed.

Then Teddy steps up and shoots someone in the face, which reveals/proves himself. He does not shoot tru1cy or qantaga (and it would be especially cool if neither guy was a Reagan scan).

I mention this because I'm worried that Abe, Teddy, or Ron was the blocked target last night, may not know it, and could go to the grave without doing a braindump or power-dump.
All good points, and I can see why Ronnie, as long as he is alive would want to do this... What can we think of for downsides to this?

It would out some people, and give the bad guys a chance to convert someone that was in the 'proven' ranks...
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If Teddy was the target last night then he certainly knows it.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

and if he didn't, then he knows one Republican who didn't die.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:Hmm.

This was already talked about here.
bb2112 wrote:
Moliere wrote:
RMC ->
theohall ->
bb2112 ->
triggercut ->
Scoop20906 ->
Vorret ->
Chaosraven ->
El Guapo ->
Remus West ->
Qantaga ->
tru1cy ->
11 people. 3 days. 2 scans. 1 successful protection. 1 Rez.

Best case scenario if all come out, there are no overlaps and all claims are believed:

2 scans - 2 proven
1 Reagon - 1 proven
1 Teddy - 1 proven
1 protected - 1 proven
1 Lincoln - 1 proven
1 rezzee - 1 proven

7 potential provens out of 12

Worst case scenario (not including Lassr as either Reagon or Lincoln) assuming all claims are believed:

2 scans - could have scanned Lassr, Teddy, Lincoln, JD or the protected - overlap 0 proven
1 Reagon - 1 proven
1 Teddy - 1 proven
1 protected - could have protected Teddy, Lincoln or Reagon - overlap 0 proven
1 Lincoln - 1 proven
1 rezzee - 1 proven

4 potential provens out of 12

Odds get worse if Lassr was either Reagon or Lincoln.

Discuss...
Only Reagan knows how his scans are going. He is the lynch pin on whether everyone should come out or not. He hasn't revealed yet, so the bad luck scenario seems more likely than the best scenario at this point. If he has had bad luck with his scans, he should probably wait one more day. Tomorrow if he doesn't reveal, we can use the Rez on the night kill. As long as Lassr wasn't Reagan or Lincoln, we should be ok for one more day.
RMC

Post by RMC »

So I am guessing that we are going to get no information from our specials during this day.

Who should we vote off then? I suggested a silent, but that does not seem to have any traction.

Some have suggested moi, I don't really agree with that, but then I know my role. :whistle:

So let's remove this vote:  Withdraw Qantaga 

And go after this guy:  Scoop 

Why Scoop? Mostly because he has seemed the most evil to me. I am sure that at least one of us contributing are on team evil right now, but nobody really stands out to me. And if I ranked everyone, I think Scoop is my number one choice, now.

I can change my vote, and I still think a silent is the best vote, but enough have said why they prefer not to go after the silents that I am willing to try something else. :)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

This ole chestnut.

Get a few votes and now you want to vote for me RMC? How do I seem evil to you?

Shoot RMC 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I totally get this sentiment Vorret but Trig's right. Its meta and it sucks but the odds are the silents are normals and we should concentrate on us actives. If Q and tru1cy re-enter the game I expect they will get a lot of attention then, huh?

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:This ole chestnut.

Shoot RMC 

Well like I said, you don't seem evil to me, no one does, but you are the most evilest of everyone, and since voting for a silent person seems to be taboo, I am going with who I feel is the most evil of all.

I admit, I have no idea who is evil or not. But my logic in going after silents seems to be bad, so I switched to voting for someone not named RMC. :)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:

Shoot RMC 

Well like I said, you don't seem evil to me, no one does, but you are the most evilest of everyone, and since voting for a silent person seems to be taboo, I am going with who I feel is the most evil of all.

I admit, I have no idea who is evil or not. But my logic in going after silents seems to be bad, so I switched to voting for someone not named RMC. :)
And the fact that you have three votes (now four with me) on you has nothing to do with it?

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:

Shoot RMC 

And the fact that you have three votes (now four with me) on you has nothing to do with it?
Umm... Well I want to move the game along without myself being the person lynched as I am on team good guy. :)

So does 4 votes scare me, not really. It will be one step closer to team evil winning. I think I have been pretty open on who I was voting for and why. Even if my reason is silly, I still post it.

I find it interesting, that you think 4 votes should scare me into doing something.. is that because you know something about me?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:

Shoot RMC 

Umm... Well I want to move the game along without myself being the person lynched as I am on team good guy. :)

So does 4 votes scare me, not really. It will be one step closer to team evil winning. I think I have been pretty open on who I was voting for and why. Even if my reason is silly, I still post it.

I find it interesting, that you think 4 votes should scare me into doing something.. is that because you know something about me?
Just pointing out that you got to three votes and then moved your vote to me.

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:

Shoot RMC 

Just pointing out that you got to three votes and then moved your vote to me.
Ahh... So if I moved it back to Q, then it is fine? If you read up further before your vote, you will see I said, I could vote for you.