Agents of Shield - Rulez are up. ON HIATUS

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Agents of Shield - Rulez are up. ON HIATUS

Post by Scoop20906 »

The Agents of Shield is on Hiatus for the unforeseeable future. We are hoping it get renewed come fall. Cross your fingers everyone!

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division) is a group affiliated with the U.N that deals with superhuman threats. It is an intelligence and anti-terrorism group similar to the FBI, only it is an international corporation that spans all the world. It acts like the police force. S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are armed and work well, much more effective then standard police. They fight terrorists as well as super humans. S.H.I.E.L.D. also has been responsible for the starting of spin-off groups like S.W.O.R.D. and S.T.R.I.K.E. S.H.I.E.L.D. has agents that also are higher level, that often are super humans. Captain America, Spider-Woman, and Iron Man all have operated as S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. S.H.I.E.L.D. keeps ties to the superhuman community, too-they often call on the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and Captain America.

Agents of Shield:

Enlarge Image
a) Agent Colston - Agent Colston is a level 7 agent within Shield. He is a lifer however recently he has begun to question the way Shield seems to use their people. If Colston is scanned by Skye, he will be notified of Skye's identity (via moderator) and the Rising Tide in an effort to help her find the truth about her past. If the Rising Tide's victory condition can not be met (one of the team or Clairvoyant is dead) then he will revert back to being a member of the Shield (Colston will be secretly informed by the moderator).

If Colston is killed (through any method) he will resurrect exactly two night/day cycles after his death. He resurrection will be announced in the main game thread at the beginning of the day. If he is killed at night, that night will count as the beginning of the two night/day cycle. If he is killed during the day, the next night will count as the beginning of the two night/day cycle. This power will only work once. During Colston's death he will not count towards any victory conditions.

Agent Colston may scan one player each night. When scanning a player he will learn their affiliation (Shield, MFOE, Rising Tide). Agent Colston may scan the same player a 2nd time on another night to learn the players role.

Enlarge Image
b) Agent May - Agent May has been given the nickname of the "Cavalry" because she can get jobs done no one else can. Agent May can decide to focus on one player and thereby block ANY action (assassination, scan) taken against that player for that night. Her protection does not extend to the day. May may not exercise her power on a player on consecutive nights.

Enlarge Image
c) Agent Ward - Agent Ward sees himself as the protector of the team. If any player is killed (through assassination or vote), Ward may take their place and have himself killed instead. The target of the attempted kill will not be informed. Before each (AND EVERY) kill, Ward will be contacted by the moderator and be informed of who is about to be killed and Ward will given the option to take their place. The player will be asked not to announce the kills prior to the moderator announcing it.

Enlarge Image
d) Agent Fitz - Utterly useless without Simmons. Each night, Agent Fitz can search for Agent Simmons. If Agent Fitz finds Agent Simmons then they are given a secret forum that only they may communicate in. They are also given the special power of a one time scan that they only learn the results of. Once together, they may scan one player and learn their role (but not affiliation (Shield, MFOE, Rising Tide)).

Enlarge Image
e) Agent Simmons - Utterly useless without Fitz. Each night, Agent Simmons can search for Agent Fitz. If Agent Simmons finds Agent Fitz then they are given a secret forum that only they may communicate in. They are also given the special power of a one time scan that they only learn the results of. Once together, they may scan one player and learn their role (but not affiliation (Shield, MFOE, Rising Tide)).

Mysterious Forces of Evil:

Enlarge Image
a) The Clairvoyant - The Clairvoyant can scan one agent per night and learn their role (but will not be told their affiliation (Shield, MFOE, Rising Tide)). If he is killed the power is lost and does not pass on to the remaining members of the MFOE. The Clairvoyant has two secret power. One power will exist at the start of the game but will stay secret to the rest of the players until game events force it to be revealed (by the moderator). The Clairvoyant also has a secret (non-game breaking) power that will only unlock with the right conditions. No one but the Clairvoyant will be informed if this power unlocks (its secret!!)

Enlarge Image
b) Ian Quinn - Ian Quinn is a rich, spoiled capitalist. However, he seems to be under the thumb of the Clairvoyant and follows his order even if he doesn't seem to like them. If Quinn is scanned by Skye, he will be notified of Skye's identity, join the Rising Tide and expose the identity of the Clairvoyant to Skye only (all via the Moderator). The Clairvoyant will not be aware that Quinn has betrayed him. If the Rising Tide's victory condition can not be met (one of the Rising Tide team or Clairvoyant is dead) then he will revert back to being a member of the MFOE (Quinn will be secretly informed by the moderator). Quinn also carries a gun that he will use if a majority vote is reached for him. Quinn can choose one person to shoot before dying himself.

Enlarge Image
c) Raina - The flower dress that Raina wears gives her the super power to seduce men only (yo, she don't swing that way). Each night she may attempt to seduce one man. If she is successful, that shield team member joins the MFOE and if that Shield agent has any powers he will retain them. If Raina attempts to seduce a female she will get her ass kicked and be exposed in an announcement by the Moderator in the main game thread at the beginning of the day. If Rania is blocked by Agent May she will fail but will not lose her power to seduce and she will not be exposed in the main game thread or to Agent May and may try to seduce again the next night. Once Rania is successful, she will not be able to seduce again. This is a one-time successful power.

The Rising Tide

Enlarge Image
a) Skye - Skye is a trusted member of her Shield team however she is consumed with learning more about her past and she believes that the Clairvoyant can provide her the answers. Therefore, she will work to keep the Clairvoyant alive so she can learn the truth. Skye can scan for Quinn and if she finds him she learns his role and convinces him to betray the Clairvoyant's identity to her and join the Rising Tide. Skye can also scan for Agent Colston and if she finds him learns his role and convinces him to break ranks with Shield and join the Rising Tide. Once Skye has scanned both Quinn and Agent Colston, then her victory condition unlocks if all three Rising Tide members are alive and the Clairvoyant is alive. Once the the Victory Condition is unlocked, the game moderator will announce that at the beginning of the day that only one day remains in the game and that the Rising Tide is in danger of winning unless the victory condition is cancelled (either one of the Rising Tide members is killed or the Clairvoyant is killed). If the Rising Tide's victory condition can not be met (one of the potential team or Clairvoyant is dead) then Skye will be informed secretly by the moderator and then be given the choice to join the Shield or MFOE. Skye will no longer be able to scan once the Rising Tide's victory condition can not be met.

Winning Conditions

Agents of Shield - Eliminate all Mysterious Forces of Evil member

Mysterious Forces of Evil - Have equal number of MFOE members as Agents of Shield Members (Skye does not count as a Agents of Shield or Mysterious Force of Evil unless the Rising Tide victory condition can not be met and she has chosen which team to join.)

The Rising Tide - All three Rising Tide members (Skye, a converted Quinn, a converted Colston) are alive and the Clairvoyant is alive. Then one game day must pass and if this condition remains after the vote and assassination then Rising Tide wins.

Turn order during the night:
1) The Clairvoyant scans one player for role (but not affiliation).
2) Agent Colston scans one player for the affiliation. If scanning that same player a second time, Colston will learn that player's role.
3) Skye scans for Quinn or Colston (if necessary).
4) Agent Fitz scans for Agent Simmons (if necessary).
5) Agent Simmons scan for Agent Fitz (if necessary).
6) Raina attempts to seduce a male shield agent.
7) Agents Fitz and Simmons scan one player and learns their role (but not affiliation). (One time only, if possible).

Miscellaneous:
  • The game will begin at NIGHT.
  • Agents of Shield or Rising Tide can NOT PM any other player regarding the game unless the rulez specify otherwise.
  • MFOE CAN PM each other and will be given a secret forum.
  • Players can edit their posts during the game in progress, however if you edit your post, you SHOULD give an explanation of why/what you edited. Otherwise your peers may be disappointed in you.
  • Dead players can NOT participate in the game unless the rulez specify otherwise.
  • Voting will close as soon as majority is reached.
  • Voting can only take place in the daytime. Any votes made during the night will not be counted.
  • You can vote and change your vote at any time up to the close of the vote.
  • There will be a TIME LIMIT for Specials to send in their PMs. The time limit will be 48 hours after the posting of the treason decision (NOT after the voting closes) on weekdays, and 72 hours if any of the 24 hours falls on Saturday or Sunday. There is a one week time limit for the treason vote.
  • Specials CAN pre-emptively send in their actions during the daytime for the following night. Specials are allowed to change pre-emptive actions unless it has already been resolved.
  • Due to the possibility of betrayal, the Clairvoyant will have final say on the team's assassination choice. If the Clairvoyant is dead Quinn will either continue to be a MFOE member or revert back.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Re: Agents of Shield - Coming this Spring to a Forum Near Yo

Post by Scoop20906 »

Rulez are under construction.

Character Profiles will be released periodically as the games comes closer to release.

Rulez or story suggestions are appreciated.

If you wish to sign up, please reply to this post in as clever a manner as possible to signifying INterest.

Roster
1) Vorret
2) Moliere
3) Chaosraven
4) Theohall
5) El Guapo
6) RMC
7)
8 )
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)

Don't be shy. Skye loves INteresting people who play OO forum
Spoiler:
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Character Profile #1

Enlarge Image
c) Agent Fitz - Utterly useless without Simmons. Each night, Agent Fitz can search for Agent Simmons. If Agent Fitz finds Agent Simmons then they are given a secret forum that only they may communicate in. They are also given the special power of a one time scan that they only learn the results of. They may scan one player and learn their role and affiliation (Shield, MFOE, Rising Tide).

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

In cuz scoop is sexy :wub:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Vorret wrote:In cuz scoop is sexy :wub:
Thank you, Vorret but no that not me. That is Chloe Bennet.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Since its a snow day here and I'm bored I'm pushing up the release of today's character profile. On a side note, I really think this is my best WW rulez set yet (hopefully better than the original R. SCOTT).

Character Profile #2

Enlarge Image
c) Raina - The flower dress that Raina wears gives her the super power to seduce men only (yo, she don't swing that way). Each night she may attempt to seduce one man. If she is successful, that shield team member joins the MFOE and if that Shield agent has any powers he will retain them. If Raina attempts to seduce a female she will get her ass kicked and be exposed in an announcement by the Moderator in the main game thread at the beginning of the day. If Rania is blocked by Agent May she will fail but will not lose her power to seduce and she will not be exposed in the main game thread or to Agent May and may try to seduce again the next night. If Rania attempts to seduce Agent Colston she will fail however she will not be exposed to anyone and will be able to continue to try to seduce the next night. Colston will be informed in private someone tried to seduce him but will not know their identity. Once Rania is successful, she will not be able to seduce again. This is a one-time successful power.

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Vorret wrote:In cuz scoop is sexy :wub:
Thank you, Vorret but no that not me. That is Chloe Bennet.
You're too modest
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:Since its a snow day here and I'm bored I'm pushing up the release of today's character profile. On a side note, I really think this is my best WW rulez set yet (hopefully better than the original R. SCOTT).

Character Profile #2

Enlarge Image
c) Raina - The flower dress that Raina wears gives her the super power to seduce men only (yo, she don't swing that way). Each night she may attempt to seduce one man. If she is successful, that shield team member joins the MFOE and if that Shield agent has any powers he will retain them. If Raina attempts to seduce a female she will get her ass kicked and be exposed in an announcement by the Moderator in the main game thread at the beginning of the day. If Rania is blocked by Agent May she will fail but will not lose her power to seduce and she will not be exposed in the main game thread or to Agent May and may try to seduce again the next night. If Rania attempts to seduce Agent Colston she will fail however she will not be exposed to anyone and will be able to continue to try to seduce the next night. Colston will be informed in private someone tried to seduce him but will not know their identity. Once Rania is successful, she will not be able to seduce again. This is a one-time successful power.
So from this I infer that:

(1) Raina cannot identify whether someone is male or female; and

(2) Agent Coulston is unable to identify someone who just tried to seduce him.

Seems like we're dealing with top quality people here.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

El Guapo wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Since its a snow day here and I'm bored I'm pushing up the release of today's character profile. On a side note, I really think this is my best WW rulez set yet (hopefully better than the original R. SCOTT).

Character Profile #2

Enlarge Image

Story line will answer that (just barely - suspension of disbelief is in effect). Basically, no one will be able to tell who anyone else is even male or female. It might not work so great with the narrative but it works with the rulez set I have.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

Character Profile #2

Enlarge Image

Story line will answer that (just barely - suspension of disbelief is in effect). Basically, no one will be able to tell who anyone else is even male or female. It might not work so great with the narrative but it works with the rulez set I have.
Yeah I know. That comes with any rule set - you'd think people would be able to identify Jabba the Hutt, for example. That doesn't stop stuff like this from amusing me every time. :)
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm sorry, but that only goes so far. There's simply no way I'm misidentifying Sky.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:I'm sorry, but that only goes so far. There's simply no way I'm misidentifying Sky.
LOL.

Suspension of Disbelief!!!

Enlarge Image

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Sigh, Snow days ... so here ...

Character Profile #3

Enlarge Image
c) Agent Ward - Agent Ward sees himself as the protector of the team. If any player is killed (through assassination or vote), Ward may take their place and have himself killed instead. The target of the attempted kill will not be informed. Before each kill, Ward will be contacted by the moderator and be informed of who is about to be killed and Ward will given the option to take their place.

Agent Ward also has a gun and may use it at any time during the day cycle to shoot one player. He may only use this power ONCE. The shooting will be announced in the Main Game thread by the moderator and Ward's identity will be exposed.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Character Profile #4

Enlarge Image
b) Agent May - Agent May has been given the nickname of the "Cavalry" because she can get jobs done no one else can. Agent May can decide to focus on one player and thereby block ANY action (assassination, scan) taken against that player for that night. Her protection does not extend to the day. May may not exercise her power on a player on consecutive nights.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:Character Profile #4

Enlarge Image
b) Agent May - Agent May has been given the nickname of the "Calvary" because she can get jobs done no one else can. Agent May can decide to focus on one player thereby block ANY action (assassination, scan) taken against that people for that night. Her protection does not extend to the day. May may not exercise her power on a player on consecutive nights.
I don't know why she was given the place where Jesus was crucified as a nickname. Seems arbitrary and somewhat inappropriate on SHIELD's part.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's correctly Cavalry.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Oops!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:It's correctly Cavalry.
No, Jesus was not crucified by cavalry.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Imagine if he'd been the savior of the Mongol people.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Character Profile #5

Enlarge Image
a) Agent Colston - Agent Colston is a level 7 agent within Shield. He is a lifer however recently he has begun to question the way Shield seems to use their people. If Colston is contacted by Skye, he will join the Rising Tide in an effort to help her find the truth about her past. If the Rising Tide's victory condition can not be met (one of the team or Clairvoyant is dead) then he will revert back to being a member of the Shield (Colston will be secretly informed by the moderator).

If Colston is killed (through any method) he will resurrect exactly two night/day cycles after his death. He resurrection will be announced in the main game thread at the beginning of the day. If he is killed at night, that night will count as the beginning of the two night/day cycle. If he is killed during the day, the next night will count as the beginning of the two night/day cycle. This power will only work once. During Colston's death he will not count towards any victory conditions.

Agent Colston may scan one player each night. When scanning a player he will learn their affiliation (Shield, MFOE, Rising Tide). Agent Colston may scan the same player a 2nd time on another night to learn the players rol

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Glad to have you both. I'll update the player roster and post another character profile on Wednesday evening. :o)

stessier

Post by stessier »

It pains me to ask this, but would you mind spoilering the Skye pic? Scrolling through it at work is just begging to get me in trouble.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:It pains me to ask this, but would you mind spoilering the Skye pic? Scrolling through it at work is just begging to get me in trouble.
Done!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier 

Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:It pains me to ask this, but would you mind spoilering the Skye pic? Scrolling through it at work is just begging to get me in trouble.
Wouldn't want to be caught walking around with a stiffy, would you.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
theohall

Post by theohall »

in
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Character Profile #6

Enlarge Image
a) The Clairvoyant - The Clairvoyant can scan one agent per night and learn their role (but will not be told their affiliation (Shield, MFOE, Rising Tide)). If he is killed the power is lost and does not pass on to the remaining members of the MFOE. The Clairvoyant has two secret power. One power will exist at the start of the game but will stay secret to the rest of the players until game events force it to be revealed (by the moderator). The Clairvoyant also has a secret (non-game breaking) power that will only unlock with the right conditions. No one but the Clairvoyant will be informed if this power unlocks (its secret!!)

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Character Profile #7

Enlarge Image
d) Agent Simmons - Utterly useless without Fitz. Each night, Agent Simmons can search for Agent Fitz. If Agent Simmons finds Agent Fitz then they are given a secret forum that only they may communicate in. They are also given the special power of a one time scan that they only learn the results of. They may scan one player and learn their role.

RMC

Post by RMC »

I'll be in. I am not creative, what can I say. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote: Roster
1) Vorret
2) Morliere
3) Chaosraven
4) Theohall
5)
6)
7)
8 )
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
Moliere :wink:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

All right, since Morliere is in, then I'm in as well.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Good news!! More updates coming later

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Character Profile #8

Enlarge Image
b) Ian Quinn - Ian Quinn is a rich, spoiled capitalist. However, he seems to be under the thumb of the Clairvoyant and follows his order even if he doesn't seem to like them. If Quinn is contacted by Skye, he will join the Rising Tide and expose the identity of the Clairvoyant to Skye only. The Clairvoyant will not be aware that Quinn has betrayed him. If the Rising Tide's victory condition can not be met (one of the team or Clairvoyant is dead) then he will revert back to being a member of the MFOE (Quinn will be secretly informed by the moderator). Quinn also carries a gun that he will use if a majority vote is reached for him. Quinn can choose one person to shoot before dying.

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:All right, since Morliere is in, then I'm in as well.
That Morliere guy is really something I'm glad to have him on board.
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:
Definitely - he's a much better player than Vorrent, that's for sure.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Definitely - he's a much better player than Vorrent, that's for sure.
That's only because of all the DMCA take down notices that keep him from participating fully.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Character Profile #9

The Rising Tide

Enlarge Image
a) Skye - Skye is a trusted member of her Shield team however she is consumed with learning more about her past and she believes that the Clairvoyant can provide her the answers. Therefore, she will work to keep the Clairvoyant alive so she can learn the truth. Skye can scan for Quinn and if she finds him convinces him to betray the Clairvoyant's identity to her and join the Rising Tide. Skye can also scan for Agent Colston and if she finds him convinces him to break ranks with Shield and join the Rising Tide. Once Skye has scanned both Quinn and Agent Colston, then her victory condition unlocks if all three Rising Tide members are alive and the Clairvoyant is alive. Once the the Victory Condition is unlocked, the game moderator will announce that at the beginning of the day that only one day remains in the game and that the Rising Tide is in danger of winning unless the victory condition is cancelled (either one of the Rising Tide members is killed or the Clairvoyant is killed). If the Rising Tide's victory condition can not be met (one of the potential team or Clairvoyant is dead) then Skye will be informed secretly by the moderator and then be given the choice to join the Shield or MFOE.

Scoop20906

Re: Agents of Shield - Rulez are up. Join today!

Post by Scoop20906 »

The complete set of rulez are up and available for your review on the first post. Please take a look and see if you can point any logic or fun holes in my creation. I'd be happy to hear ideas/suggestions/questions about them.

I'm really excited to try this game out with you guys so please join up if you think you can devote the time to another of our silly forum games. I'm pretty excited to see how the Rising Tide's victory condition turns out. I think both the Agents and MFOE are fairly evenly matched and I think all the specials have something interesting to do. As soon as we have an acceptable number of players I will the game in a new thread.