Puerto Rico, Game 03: Moët Margarita - Interest?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Moliere

Re: Puerto Rico, Game 03: Moët Margarita - Interest?

Post by Moliere »

Grundbegriff wrote:If you're new to the game and haven't yet done so, please read my Gentle Introduction to the game.
I've watched the video and read the introduction. Ready to blunder my way through a first game.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Moliere wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:If you're new to the game and haven't yet done so, please read my Gentle Introduction to the game.
I've watched the video and read the introduction. Ready to blunder my way through a first game.
If you ever want help dynamic/strategic kibitzing just call out. I'm not nearly always the best but I can help you think through what's going on. The brilliance of PR was that it was the first well built game where the highest premise is not directly playing for your best interest but playing so you force the other players at the table work in play in your best interest because their best interest is your best interest. It's a step into game theory you didn't see much on table top before PR.

Knowing this, the first tip of the game is watch "the player to right", meaning the person who goes before you. Avoid specializing in the same high cost resource production he specialized in. Not only will the table run out of goods before you utilize them, but his best interests directly compete with your best interests and he will have last of right of refusal for 4 of the 5 players on the board's turn.

Future kibitzing will only happen if requested. :o
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Thanks for the advice. I am looking forward to trying out a new game.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

/temptation to post in the middle while Grund posts reserved a bunch of time.

<whew>
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I came here to post instead because it looks like Grund has some reservations regarding us posting in the game thread.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

You've been served twice already. And now you've been reserved!