Simple Werewolf Game - Game over.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: Simple Werewolf Game - Game on.

Post by Newcastle »

Not sure about everyone else, but my minds running along the pairings route...kind of asking myself this.

If it's scoop as a wolf...who's his most likely partner...

If it's truicy...who's his partner

If it's Warpig...who's his partner

If it's Moliere...who's his partner.

Then also trying to figure how they'd be working...idk..just thinking out loud. Is there a silent and loud parner? Are they adversaries? Or workign together?

Just trying to work through the potential combinations here...because we have to strike twice here...and bad news is we only have 2 more chances as of right now.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Holman

Post by Holman »

And, of course, who would be Newcastle's partner?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Do we wait another day for WarPig or should we start voting?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:Do we wait another day for WarPig or should we start voting?
What's the rush?
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Frankly I've already made up my mind who I'm voting for.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So i been giving this some thought over the last day or so and i need to reread the thread...

My problem is that since i've etched a sketched the whole game and revamped my thinking...everyone looks guilty...and i dont like that. I can see more arguments for folks to being guilty than not. So having said that will go through them each....and drop my thoughts.

Truicy - His 5th vote on vorret came out of the blue. But maybe that's because he'd been gone for so long. Really strange he was asking me if i'd scoop vorret if he'd drop a vote. But someone has to be the final vote on any train. His absence and lack of participation has hurt on day 2. Hard to draw a bead if this is simply quiet truicy or what. I initially thought that the chaotic final vote thing yesterday was to hide himself as seer. Now that's obviously not true. Not a lot to go on. Quiet wolf?

Warpig - His vote on Vorret seemed quick. Not a whole lot of thoughts to back it up but it feels like its been that way the whole time. He drops that 4th vote saying he agrees with scoop. I can understand with his kids and all that. In a perfect world would like to hear more. BUt the same as truicy with him, so little to go on and that sticks in my mind about what he's said. I guess really under the radar for me. Quiet wolf?

Scoop - He still seems guilty. Its just more confusing to me now because I was so wrong on Lassr and now most likely lagom. So if i was wrong on them...was on right on scoop...or just wrong again. He's said so many outlandish things, but then again that's scoop. But he was pretty damn vocal about the vorret train. Thing that bothers me is that he turned on a dime it seemed to shift from moliere to vorret. That shift bugs me...i mean its ok to change yoru mind...but to be such a huge ass cheerleader for both? Loud ass wolf?

Moliere - I was reading him more likely innocent than not because who as a wolf would wish to stand out when making bold proclamations that go against the village. Takes a different breed of wolf...and i know i've done it before...just its not done that frequently. However....if he was innocent...why wasn't there a final vote on him? Wouldn't the wolves see him as a free meal? I dont mind he's questioning me...we all have to....i do mind that he's always been focused on one villager at a time it seems...shouldn't you as a villager be more open to possibilities. One thing however will say is if he is a wolf...why not claim seer when his back is up against the wall. He didn't. Contrarian & loud wolf?

I really want to reread the thread and dissect the trains. We need to be sure as possible on this vote. This blurbs i wrote i did it without the benefit of a reread, which i intend on doing within the next day. I'm not in a rush to finish this game and much rather take our time and be deliberate. Rushing only benefits the wolves.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote:And, of course, who would be Newcastle's partner?

Sure folks should think that line of thought. They should ask that of everyone who's not them.
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I remember an extremely thoughtful and cautious brewcastle looked hella villager and turned out to be a wolf. Fooled the hell out of me. Brewcastle can make this play quite well so don't give him a pass.

That said I always appreciate your input. Sorry about the rush.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:I remember an extremely thoughtful and cautious brewcastle looked hella villager and turned out to be a wolf. Fooled the hell out of me. Brewcastle can make this play quite well so don't give him a pass.

That said I always appreciate your input. Sorry about the rush.
No one should be giving anyone else a pass.

And historically as a villager i do the same thing in this situation. But yeah, your right as a wolf i've done the same exact thing...slow and deliberate but also i've also done fast and rushed.

So what's your point? Mr. imma ready to vote! :dance:
Bayraktar!!!!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:i do mind that he's always been focused on one villager at a time it seems...shouldn't you as a villager be more open to possibilities.
Allow me to help resolve this issue more forcefully. The more you and Scoop banter back and forth the more it comes across as two wolves playing a joke on the rest of us. One of you should be lynched so I will start with you.

Newcastle 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere wrote:
Newcastle wrote:i do mind that he's always been focused on one villager at a time it seems...shouldn't you as a villager be more open to possibilities.
Allow me to help resolve this issue more forcefully. The more you and Scoop banter back and forth the more it comes across as two wolves playing a joke on the rest of us. One of you should be lynched so I will start with you.

Newcastle 

Cool. What's your case and why? And whats your back up plan for tomorrow when you miss on me?
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:

Newcastle 

if you think the two wolves are me and brewcastle, why would you vote for him first instead of me?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:

Newcastle 

if you think the two wolves are me and brewcastle, why would you vote for him first instead of me?
Because youre a pretty easy person to get lynched. He's saving you for tomorrow it seems.
Bayraktar!!!!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:Cool. What's your case and why? And whats your back up plan for tomorrow when you miss on me?
I gave you my case: it's based on the way you are interacting with Scoop. Tomorrow's plan will be based on what happens with the lynch today (who votes, who doesn't, when did they vote, who said what, etc) and tonight (who dies). I can't predetermine what I will do tomorrow without this information first, right?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Cool. What's your case and why? And whats your back up plan for tomorrow when you miss on me?
I gave you my case: it's based on the way you are interacting with Scoop. Tomorrow's plan will be based on what happens with the lynch today (who votes, who doesn't, when did they vote, who said what, etc) and tonight (who dies). I can't predetermine what I will do tomorrow without this information first, right?
This is funny.

To moliere:
I was going to argue against lynching brewcastle as I would rather test tru1cy today instead but then I realized I have no idea if brewcastle is a wolf or not so I'm fine with going along with the vote. Hopefully, you are right Moliere.

However, what do we do if brewcastle comes back human? And please don't pin your hopes on lynching me as that will lose us the game.

To brewcastle:
So, do you think moliere is a wolf taking an easy shot at you because you dared interact with me? I still think Moliere is human but WTF do I know?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere wrote:
Moliere wrote:I agree that if the Seer is alive they should come forward.

Newcastle tops my list because he comes across as an overly helpful villager and is too shocked (shocked I tell you!) about last night's wolf kill.
So Moliere is the quoted your case for me?

Lets summarize -
1. Helpful
2. Shocked at Lassr's death
3. Interacting with Scoop

1. So i get dinged for being helpful...geez what should i have done, not helped? That's an old refrain folks like to use over and over. So what if i'm helpful, its in my nature. So...remus is busy and needs people's in game help to manage the game...i'm getting dinged for that? Seriously?

2. Yeah i was shocked at Lassr's death last night...why because he was in my top 3 of suspects. If your world view suddenly shifts wouldnt you be shocked?

3. I'm interacting with scoop? Uhm we have 4 people taking a vow of silence right now...that leaves...3 people left...so i 'm not suppose to interact with scoop?

I'm not trying to plead w/ you to change your mind, looks like your going full bore on me...and that's cool...I'm simply pointing out the holes in your arguments here in your case against me for everyone else to see.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:
This is funny.

To moliere:
I was going to argue against lynching brewcastle as I would rather test tru1cy today instead but then I realized I have no idea if brewcastle is a wolf or not so I'm fine with going along with the vote. Hopefully, you are right Moliere.

However, what do we do if brewcastle comes back human? And please don't pin your hopes on lynching me as that will lose us the game.

To brewcastle:
So, do you think moliere is a wolf taking an easy shot at you because you dared interact with me? I still think Moliere is human but WTF do I know?
Scoop - i'm not sure what moliere is thinking, i do KNOW that historically i'm an easy person to get lynched. Not as easy as you, but its pretty easy to get a train rolling on me.

I need to think it through some more..but the current theory am kicking around is that moliere as a pretty exposed wolf w/ near death is trying to make a run today and get rid of someone (me, an easy target), while leaving an easier target (scoop) for the following days for whoever his partner his to attack.

The other theory I'm kicking around is that he's putting the bullseye on me, in order to save his partner scoop because scoop was the ringleader yesterday.

One thing i do KNOW...is that when someone comes at me with such a flimsy case that i've outlined...i get genuinely curious and start to wonder about them
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Agree with what you wrote however why would a wolf stick his neck out now when he could just vote scoop?

I think the silence is the key.

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

:pop:

(Wanna hear more from/about Warpig and tru1cy)
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Holman

Post by Holman »

Sorry to be so quiet today--I've come down with a combined migraine and sore throat that makes me long for death. It's hard to look at a computer screen.

I will try to review the thread and post some thoughts, probably tomorrow.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I just want to throw this out there...but i intend on voting Moliere today. I dont like his fishing expedition against me and i've been going back through the thread (i encourage everyone to do so) and i think i found out why Lassr was knocked off.

So lets dance shall we....

moliere 

i probably should have scooped you yesterday.
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Get your rest Holman. We don't want to hear from semi trusted anyways.

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Lagom Lite wrote::pop:

An easy answer. Maybe I should stay silent and see if I eventually get purged. <---- see what I did there? :wink:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote:Sorry to be so quiet today--I've come down with a combined migraine and sore throat that makes me long for death. It's hard to look at a computer screen.

I will try to review the thread and post some thoughts, probably tomorrow.

Nope dont...back off for now...let the discussion continued without you for now...not saying dont come in at some point...jsut hold off for a bit longer.
Bayraktar!!!!

WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Just so you guys know I am still here, it's just busier than I anticipated. I'll do my best to catch up when I can.
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

WarPig wrote:Just so you guys know I am still here, it's just busier than I anticipated. I'll do my best to catch up when I can.
Unfortunately, this doesn't give us much. WarPig has a good excuse for this but he could also be a wolf. If we give him a pass we are basically going to lose the game. Sucks but true. At least he is trying to stay in contact and I really do appreciate it. Some people just drop off altogether.

Ok, I think its time to talk.

Moliere: you are wrong about me being a wolf. Also, you are wrong about my interaction with brewcastle. He may still be a wolf but we are not in cahoots. I'm tempted to join your vote but I'd really like to test tru1cy too. Also, newcastle did have a chance to off you when you were n-1 but didn't. I wasn't sure if he was around for that but it seems he was according to him. If he had killed you then he would have been my vote for the next day.

Holman: I hope you are feeling better.

brewcastle: I'm tempted to vote for you but instead I'd like to ask you if you'd think we should be targeting tru1cy. Also, can you spell out what you saw with Lassr? Its sounds interesting.

tru1cy: I think you are the wolf and the best test for today. Got anything to say to that?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote::pop:

Warpig - his absence hurts the village. If he's a villager his lack of chatting has hurt us. If he's a wolf..well guess means less time to sow problems. I really dont know what to say about him, just so little to go on. His last minute dive on Vorret irks me a bit, because there was nothing leading up to it, only the "i agree w/ scoop logic". Sooo maybe he was following and this was his only time to post between a diaper grinding session. I dont know. But we all know he's been a drag by his silence. And yeah...real life caring of newborn trumps this measly game. I'm simply stating game centric view point.

Truicy - I dont like his little vote switch at the end yesterday. All of a sudden it was scoop then it was vorret. I'm not sure what to make of it. His silence hurts. It seems untruicy like for even him. He's generally even keeled I'd say. I'd like to hear more from him what he heard or read in that brief span of time to change his vote from scoop to being the cap on vorret.

One thing that's kicking around in my head is...do i think that the two wolves are silent? Probably not...so one kind of pairing that i've come up with is the following...i dont think BOTH truicy & warpig are wolves. One or the other could be or even both could be innocent villagers. Main reason i say this...is hypothetically speaking...IF both were...i'd think that truicy would realize that he would have to carry warpigs weight...and hence we'd see a slightly more attentive truicy simply because he'd know that warpig was weighed down by caring for newborns.

Having said all that...that doesnt excuse BOTH of them from the suspect pool. Just in my mind i'm splitting them apart from being potential team mates.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:
WarPig wrote:Just so you guys know I am still here, it's just busier than I anticipated. I'll do my best to catch up when I can.
Unfortunately, this doesn't give us much. WarPig has a good excuse for this but he could also be a wolf. If we give him a pass we are basically going to lose the game. Sucks but true. At least he is trying to stay in contact and I really do appreciate it. Some people just drop off altogether.

Ok, I think its time to talk.

Moliere: you are wrong about me being a wolf. Also, you are wrong about my interaction with brewcastle. He may still be a wolf but we are not in cahoots. I'm tempted to join your vote but I'd really like to test tru1cy too. Also, newcastle did have a chance to off you when you were n-1 but didn't. I wasn't sure if he was around for that but it seems he was according to him. If he had killed you then he would have been my vote for the next day.

Holman: I hope you are feeling better.

brewcastle: I'm tempted to vote for you but instead I'd like to ask you if you'd think we should be targeting tru1cy. Also, can you spell out what you saw with Lassr? Its sounds interesting.

tru1cy: I think you are the wolf and the best test for today. Got anything to say to that?
Scoop -

re: truicy...i'd like to hear more from him, specifically his vote switchign at the end. That strikes me as significant. Honestly i'd be open to voting for truicy, but at the same time I'm also open to voting for you and moliere...and warpig. But you can see where my vote is now...i dont like that weak case he brought against me and to be honest that's the focus of my attention right now.

re: lassr posts...reread the thread. They are there. I'll quote post them say...on monday ish. That should give people plenty of time to reread the thread and what not. But when going back through the thread it was kind of a "ah ha!" moment for me as to why he was killed. I prefer people come to their own conclusions about it, but if people really want me to link and quote post...sure i will. Again though, i think folks will benefit from rereading the thread to begin with.

re: moliere vote....i think lassr dropped a 4th vote on Moliere, and i commented on it since I thought it was a very wolvey thing to do. So yeah i was around to scoop moliere. If i recall correctly i think he was at N-1 for a long time, like a day or two.
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Is it this?
Lassr wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
Anyone else gonna drop a list? So we can see what folks are thinking?
I have no list right now. I'm mulling over suspects for a quiet wolf and a helpful wolf. Previously I was thinking about an aggressive wolf and defensive wolf (Scoop and Moliere).

I don't feel comfortable enough to make any hard accusations right now as I really have not moved anyone to the most likely human category yet.
Now, that would be interesting if it was true. Maybe Moliere didn't like being named by Lassr and took him out. Maybe. I still think Moliere handled his bandwagon pretty well. I don't find his accusation of brewcastle a very good plan especially after he says I am wolf #2. I can see your point on that.

I'm really reading both Newcastle and Moliere as human still.

I still think tru1cy is our best test today. I realize no one wants to listen to me after the Vorret vote but I'm feeling good about this test and I request everyone (including the other wolf) to join me on this vote. LOL. Lets get it over with.

accuse tru1cy 

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'm only voting on  scoop 

Seriously Newcastle and Moliere move your vote
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Good lord I home nobody takes anything I'm about to post personally, this is only within the confines of the game.

Scoop - Man, I don't know what to think. I'm as enamored with Scoop as Vorret was in the beginning of the game and I feel like that's a bad thing and I'm being taken for a ride. His green text "I'm human!!" claims when making his lists is not exactly subtle, but not so over the top that it seems like he's overacting. If you're a wolf, Scoop, great job. You got me.

Lagom Lite - Claimed human by Holman.

Newcastle - Posts a lot. Which I think is okay, he voices his opinion and tries to get others to participate by breaking down his thoughts. Could be clever wolfing, though.

Moliere - Been said before, but suggested later lynch of Purge if he was still AWOL, giving the wolves a free lynch later in the game when it counts more:
Moliere wrote:Doesn't his absence imply he is a villager? Why not save him for later, if nothing else?
He suggested the same thing of me after I found out when my kids were coming, with a winky smiley face. Holman our "Seer" even suggested Moliere at one point, agreeing that he "doth protest too much" after being questioned on the above. As of late, he has been responsive when mentioned but quiet otherwise, leading me to believe he is cautious of outing himself after his previous close call. Also, yesterday's jump on the Scoop/Newcastle banter as being wolf-talk seems way too convenient a tactic to move focus away from himself.

Holman - Self-outed seer with no counter claims. Can't say I disagree with his statements so far, so if this is a fake Seer claim, it's a damn good one. I'm inclined to believe it, if only because it makes me feel safer. As it's his first time playing Seer, I can see why he'd be hesitant at playing the power to its fullest extent, but his posting record does back up his scan of Lagom Lite, as he himself pointed out.

Tru1cy - Explained his early absence but was so quiet I couldn't get a read at all. Based on this I understand everyone's frustration with me. Still, today's vote for Scoop seems a defensive reflex. Definitely lurking wolf behavior.

The question was raised why I didn't jump on the Purge train in the beginning and the answer really is simple; I simply was not paying attention. That night (the 10th) was when my kids were born via C section and that entire day is a complete blur after 9 AM. I posted at 2:55 PM from the hospital saying what was happening, apparently.

I'm at work today and tomorrow, hence my ability to provide some more info since I'm not on my phone posting from Tapatalk or just completely unavailable with kids duties (or, sometimes, doodys). Again, thanks for your patience.
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
Holman

Post by Holman »

I've come off my migraine but haven't had time to review much of the thread.

I wish I had solid logical reasons for it, but I find myself less suspicious of Scoop today. He has played a loud, erratic, risky game, but today it's all coming across as sincerity rather than evil. Perhaps he has us all fooled.

If Scoop is *not* a wolf, my suspicions tend towards Moliere and tru1cy. Both voted Vorret, and both did so with little explanation. Tru1cy even made a very dramatic show of making his killing vote look like an unconsidered afterthought. I can imagine them deciding to kill Vorret rather than Scoop on the assumption that Scoop would be the obvious choice for lynching today.
Holman

Post by Holman »

WarPig wrote: Holman - Self-outed seer with no counter claims. Can't say I disagree with his statements so far, so if this is a fake Seer claim, it's a damn good one. I'm inclined to believe it, if only because it makes me feel safer. As it's his first time playing Seer, I can see why he'd be hesitant at playing the power to its fullest extent, but his posting record does back up his scan of Lagom Lite, as he himself pointed out.
By the way, I welcome any advice on how to play a more effective seer in future games! How does a pro use the power to its fullest extent?
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Ask a pro, I've never been seer either. I'm going by what you said about it being your first time. :-) I'd love to hear some pro tips on being seer as well!
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

So of the original purge train, only two players remain: Scoop and Newcastle.

Page 2, Day 1:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Lassr wrote:from the front page it looks like bb2112 never showed up to participate so became default death. Which means we are starting with the day cycle with no real info to go on.

So  Scoop 

Yeah, this is what I am wondering Moliere. I'd never kill BB2112 before he even got a chance to speak. :geek: :geek: :geek:
Yet Scoop was fine with killing purge.
Scoop20906 wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Silent: purge and Unagi
Purge is a talker.

Unagi posts carefully. Either way I say we give them a day to speak up before starting a train on one of them.
Page 3, and Newcastle, then Scoop, kickstarts the purge train by voting in quick succession:
Newcastle wrote:red rover red rover...lets get  PURGE 

on over.
Scoop20906 wrote: purge 

Page 4. Moliere wants to spare purge, Newcastle and Scoop responds:
Newcastle wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I left a chocolate on Purge's pillow on steam. If he doesn't show up tomorrow I saw he his is our first train.
Doesn't his absence imply he is a villager? Why not save him for later, if nothing else?
Its just a threat. 100% chance he will show but absent villagers don't help us catch wolves either.
:shock:
Vorret hesitates to kill purge, but is encouraged by Scoop:
Vorret wrote:I'm all for waiting ... I agree he's most likely a villager BUT he went AWOL as a wolf once so it can happen...

Plus, it would suck to kill an active player vs one who isn't posting at all, villager or wolf
Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, change your vote Vorret. Its not like it will be the final vote.

Moliere opposes killing purge:
Moliere wrote:
Vorret wrote:I'm all for waiting ... I agree he's most likely a villager BUT he went AWOL as a wolf once so it can happen...

Plus, it would suck to kill an active player vs one who isn't posting at all, villager or wolf
Killing Purge if we think he's an absent villager is worse than taking a shot at an active player. The wolves are more likely to be among the actives so I would rather aim my noose in that direction to mix my metaphors.
tru1cy also wants to vote for the silent:
tru1cy wrote:So, I still will vote for the silent first, but I guess with the weekend approaching the game will slow down to a crawl, so I'll probably switch my vote on Monday
Holman and Vorret votes for purge, Scoop keeps pushing:
Scoop20906 wrote:I see no reason to delay on the Purge vote now I'm sorry to say and thats four votes on him I believe. Problem with this kind of vote is if he is a villager we do not get much good info because everyone is just voting to get the game moving instead of game reasons. It basically makes it a wasted day. Just the same it also removes someone who isn't participating which makes the game harder as well.

Lets get it out of the way so we get the night wait over with and can have a good week of WW.
Lassr votes purge, Unagi seals the deal.

So the purge train was:

Scoop
Newcastle
Holman
Vorret
Lassr
Unagi

Of these, all are trusted* or dead, except Newcastle and Scoop.

Newcastle and Scoop are both instigators of the purge train. In order for us to believe that neither is a wolf, we must also accept that both wolves had the self-discipline to stay off an uncontroversial villager train.

The players who did not vote purge were:

Lagom Lite (cleared by Seer*)
purge (dead villager)
tru1cy
Warpig
Moliere

So my thinking so far is that Newcastle OR Scoop has played a vocal wolf, and talked tru1cy/Warpig/Moliere into staying off the purge train. It's risky for both Scoop and Newcastle to team up as wolves like that on the same train, but it's not altogether unlikely. Scoop especially is a swashbuckler player.

* caveat Holman may be lying about being Seer, unlikely as it may be.

To be continued.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Remus West, are wolves told the true role of night kills (villager/Seer)?

If they are, we have no reason at all to trust Holman.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Page 5 - Unagi has been night-killed. Scoop incorrectly identifies possible wolves from Unagi's only post:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Unagi wrote:(serioulsy keep forgetting that we are playing)

I'm sitting here wondering why Lassr hasn't just jumped into wanting me lynched first thing. I mean, he was the one guy in my last Wolf-win to constantly beg for folks to just lynch me... and no one ever did. I just feel like if roles were reversed, and I was playing with him this game, I'd have launched into some big "Please, lets just get him tested now..." but he didn't. And, well - as a wolf, I could see him/myself feeling like he shouldn't really do that... too bold a move for a wolf.

Maybe that should apply even more to Vorret? He would have EVERY REASON as a villager to just want me lynched (He guessed wrong at the very end of that game, and wrongly put his trust in me)... but I don't think he's calling for it.

Perhaps my analysis is too ego-centric.... but well, it's what comes to mind.
Unagi's only post of substance. This leads me to feel Unagi's killers may have a history with him.
This is of course a very clever move if Scoop is a wolf. We know in hindsight that neither Vorret nor Lassr were evil.

Newcastle finds and quotes all of Unagi's posts, without comment. Then starts to point the finger at Scoop:
Newcastle wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I left a chocolate on Purge's pillow on steam. If he doesn't show up tomorrow I saw he his is our first train.
Doesn't his absence imply he is a villager? Why not save him for later, if nothing else?
Its just a threat. 100% chance he will show but absent villagers don't help us catch wolves either.
This post still bothers me a bit....even though....i think he misses the punctuation...when i read it initially it seems an absoloute certainty that purge will end up a villager.
Hmm...
Scoop20906 wrote:
WarPig wrote:Looks like my bundles of joy are arriving sooner rather than later. Scheduled for tonight, so bear with me in the coming days.
Good luck and have fun!

(We really shouldn't lynch him guys)
Shouldn't we?

Now, the following post makes it hard for me to think both Newcastle and Scoop are wolves:
Newcastle wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:It's a bit different. He posted earlier. Tru1cy is historically a quiet player whether wolf or villager. Purge was dead silent. I'm willing to proceed as if tru1cy is participating as I think he will show soon. I was waiting for him to check in to verify he did or didn't have a scan to report. I still have hope we have an active seer.

So let's start voting.

Moliere 

It's so obvious he is playing the mr helpful role. It's a bad act. Let's string him up!
Where and what are you refering to?

scoop 

its obvious this is evil scoop, he's throwing out random challenges without giving his reasoning

(see how easy it is to manufacture an accusation?)

how is moliere being mr. helpful?
Page 7 - Did this exchange get Lassr killed?:
Lassr wrote:It's probably Scoop and Moliere as the wolves playing the classic combative wolf roles...
Scoop20906 wrote:Well, since I can't seem to sway Lassr or Newcastle maybe Lagom see the facts.
Lassr wrote:Oh, I see the facts:

Moliere did not vote for Purge on day 1.
Moliere suggested voting Purge may not be the best option.
Scoop is mistaken about the vote tally:
Scoop20906 wrote:Ok Moliere, that's 5 votes on you. Have any last words?
He then corrects himself, and after 3 hours withdraws his n-1 Moliere vote. Even so, if both Scoop and Moliere are wolves, that was a really ballsy play. Anyone, for example me, could have come in at any time to cast the final vote.

So Scoop and Moliere are not wolf team mates.

I've stated before that I find it unlikely that both wolves stayed silent and off the purge train.

So. Likely wolf pairings so far:

Scoop+tru1cy
Scoop+Warpig
Newcastle+Moliere
Newcastle+tru1cy
Newcastle+Warpig

tbc
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Still on page 7 - Warpig replaces the n-1 vote for Moliere:
WarPig wrote:I'm half asleep right now but it seems like there's reason to vote  Moliere 

Page 8 - Scoop elects to not cast the final vote on Moliere, instead claims to have been fishing:
Scoop20906 wrote:So confession time. I was fishing with the Moliere bandwagon. I was gauging reactions and got some interesting leads all around. I think the pace if comments has been pretty good as well. I'll follow up with my vote this evening after I collect all the quotes and football is over.
The following post is interesting in that IF Scoop is a wolf, it implicates tru1cy as his silent partner (Warpig was on the Moliere train):
Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, stream of conscience post here.

If I were Seer I would have scanned Unagi last night and saw that he was a villager and then I would have been pissed the wolves killed him.

If I was the Seer tonight I would scan Vorret or Lassr based on Unagi naming them among other things.

My push for Moliere was a fishing expedition to see what kind of attention it would get. I really don't think what he did was anything special with the comments against lynching the absent Purge. He was a little insistent which I can see what Holman is saying about that.

So .... I think both wolves are on the Moliere bandwagon.
Lassr's take on the Moliere train:
Lassr wrote:
Lassr wrote:I will give my thoughts when I get out of the doctor office
So Scoop says he was fishing for info, he announces it without telling us if he caught anything and then votes tru1cy. A totally divergent path.

I said earlier I was voting for Moliere because I thought it was extremely weird that Scoop felt so confident in his guilt with what little we had to go on. At the time I thought Scoop could be a wolf pointing at his partner to build street cred. I was willing to vote Moliere and get him lynched to see if he was a wolf or not. If he was I would have looked really hard at Scoop.

So why not just vote Scoop, because he had no votes on him and I felt my vote would have just been wasted.

SO now he says he was fishing and I am sitting here in the stands waiting for the weigh in to see what he caught...if anything.
There is almost no connection between tru1cy and Scoop, which is what you want as a wolf team.

Also, Newcastle has been defending Moliere more or less covertly, which is something he'd have to do since Moliere was about to get lynched.

Moliere bandwagon:
Scoop (claims to have been fishing)
Vorret
Holman
Lassr
Warpig (late to the party)

Likely wolf teams:
Scoop + tru1cy
Newcastle + Moliere
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Page 9 - Vote tally shows no wolves on the Scoop train, but two of the Scoop voters are now dead.
Newcastle wrote:Because i want to see where the votes are.....

Updated!

Roster

1) vorret
3) Scoop90210
4) Moliere
5) tru1cy
6) Newcastle
7) Holman
8) WarPig
9) Lassr
10) Lagom Lite

VOTES - Majority is 5

Moliere (1)- WarPig,
Vorret (2)- Lagom, Scoop90210,
Scoop (3) - Holman, Lassr, vorret,
Tru1cy (1 ) - Newcastle,

No vote cast - tru1cy, Moliere,

(i think this is correct, if i am wrong let me know)
He "missed" Moliere's vote on Vorret though (!). Seems to have a bit of a blind spot in regard to Moliere.
Scoop20906 wrote:And if people think naming two wolves as being a distraction then I guess I am playing this game all wrong.

I think Vorret and Holmann are the two wolves. I might be wrong but I am naming candidates instead of waiting for others to find and present evidence.
Well that's not the case.
Scoop20906 wrote:
Vorret wrote:I don't know Scoop, I knew that starting a vote on Moliere would paint a target on my back, why would a wolf do that? Expose himself in the open by trying to start a train on someone? To me it makes no sense, maybe it's something Remus would do though but he's an Elder wolf lvl 99 :)

And about the Unagi comment, don't you agree he's awesome at spotting wolves and that's why he's dead? It makes much more sense that's why he died than because he named me and Lassr in a post on Day one.

In any case, the game needs to move forward and whoever dies will give the villagers plenty of information, I'm obviously not going to move my vote to myself and Scoop won't vote for himself either so someone needs to make a decision and hop on whoever train they feel is the best.
My point of view is a wolf really would like to be in early on a vote so he doesn't look like he is piling on. The problem with knowledge is you don't want to expose that you have it. You start to assume that others are seeing the same things that are obvious to you. Does that describe your actions? SORT OF. I'm going more gut reaction with my vote than anything you've outwardly done.

Otherwise, well said. :mrgreen:
Oh, you mean like the purge vote...?
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Note to self: I'm up to page 10, and done for now.

I'd like to lynch  Moliere 

as that would tell us a great deal about both Scoop and Newcastle at this point.
Is there anyone in hell?