Post by Scoop20906 »

I never exploded!!!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Re: Battle of the Presidents - Second Term

Post by Scoop20906 »

I totally screwed up when I pulled my vote off Purge. BB had me dead to rights so I asked Purge to convert him. That won us the game because everything else Purge and I did almost hit it lost.

Also, big hugs to RMC and his itchy trigger finger.

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:I totally screwed up when I pulled my vote off Purge. BB had me dead to rights so I asked Purge to convert him. That won us the game because everything else Purge and I did almost hit it lost.

Also, big hugs to RMC and his itchy trigger finger.
Yeah, I was a little sad that I was at N-1 and when I claimed special, people were still keeping me close.

I figured that I was lost anyway, and even though I figured Newcastle was not a wolf, he was playing so fast and loose I thought he might be trying to hide in plain sight.

<shrug> Bad gamble on my part.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle forced the point for no reason. No idea what he was up to.

purge

Post by purge »

bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:I think the scoop/bb interaction makes me see them as Jackson and Clinton
:evil:
Yeah, that made me sweat. :D

Although when I first went after Scoop, I was still a Republican. I didn't get converted until after I was already calling for his head.
An interesting point that was never brought up on this side of the game is that RMC had no protection in force on Day 1, so he wasn't as untouchable as the village believed.
Moliere wrote:
purge wrote:Moliere, since we start Daytime, does Teddy get to protect on day 0, or only starting the first night?
No protection is in play until Night 1.
scoop20906 wrote:Absolutely agree. I think I shouldn't have voted for you. I think I can control the heat on me but I think you should convert someone now.

Here is my list:
1 Isgrimnur - he was just a baddie and I think people will give him a pass for that.
2 bb2112 - I think he is smart enough player to skate by on his own.
3 RevHempus71 - He could also get the benefit of the doubt from last game.

Sorry about the mess. Also, I think you should active continue to act unconcerned. Any change in your demeanor will only make it wose.
Here's my Clintonian action
purge wrote:I can't help but think CR is someone we want converted.

That said, I'm going with your gut this time. It's been too long since I've survived night 0. ;)

Red rover, red rover,

we call bb2112 over!
bb2112 wrote:
scoop20906 wrote:Hey BB2112, welcome aboard!! I think this would be our first time as baddies together. You had me nailed, didn't you? God I suck at these games. :o)
:lol: I had you totally nailed! I was waiting until tonight to go all crazy on you. The way you backed off of Purge was so odd. BTW, you hit a jackpot! I'm Lincoln! :lol:
RMC

Post by RMC »

I could not be converted. One of my perks. The only thing on day 1 that could happen to me was I could be lynched.

<shrug>

The shot needed to be saved, but it was useless if I got lynched after claiming special. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So question: was it difficult to get you guys to kill me on the last day?

purge

Post by purge »

RMC wrote:I could not be converted. One of my perks. The only thing on day 1 that could happen to me was I could be lynched.

<shrug>

The shot needed to be saved, but it was useless if I got lynched after claiming special. :)
Emphasis mine:
Moliere wrote: Image
Teddy Roosevelt: Can pick a player to protect every night against Democratic attacks. However, Teddy cannot protect the same player two nights in a row, but he can protect himself. The protection does extend into the daytime, meaning he can protect a Republican from Jackson's attack. The protection is also effective against a conversion. Teddy also has an additional ability to instantly kill any player of his choosing. This ability can only be used once during the game and will out the hunter's identity to the village.
As it is written, your perk is based on protection orders - at the time I could have converted you since the first opportunity is night 1 ( and I seriously considered doing so, but you had wasted your shot - well, *we* didn't think you had wasted it ;) ).
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Look at Clinton's description: "The conversion is not effective against Roosevelt , however, nor against anyone Roosevelt is protecting."

Roosevelt is always protected against conversion. Anyone he protects at night is also protected.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We don't need to know the rules to play! :horse:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
purge

Post by purge »

I think the important thing is that Starr was successful in impeaching me - stupid blue (blew) dress....
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote:We don't need to know the rules to play! :horse:
And as Scoop demonstrated, you don't even need to know the name of the person you're playing. :twisted:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:
And as Scoop demonstrated, you don't even need to know the name of the person you're playing. :twisted:
:lol:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Dear god, i am not exploding!!
Not refuting to be a dem only not exploding? Interesting :lol:
Best interaction of the game!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:
Thats my trademark! :mrgreen:

theohall

Post by theohall »

theohall wrote:Just a plain old Republican. This likely gets me voted out of office. What is this? A 2008 time machine?

Please lynch Scoop tomorrow, since he is clearly a RINO who knows too much about the other guys.

And don't trust purge. He can't be trusted the rest of the game, even after he rezzes someone.
You could have lynched those two and likely won. Instead, this turned out to be another fine mess.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

theohall wrote:
theohall wrote:Just a plain old Republican. This likely gets me voted out of office. What is this? A 2008 time machine?

Please lynch Scoop tomorrow, since he is clearly a RINO who knows too much about the other guys.

And don't trust purge. He can't be trusted the rest of the game, even after he rezzes someone.
You could have lynched those two and likely won. Instead, this turned out to be another fine mess.
They did. The village did not miss again after you.
theohall

Post by theohall »

bb2112 wrote:
theohall wrote:

Well, they should have listened and not lynched me in the first place when purge balked on rezzing the first time. Instead, they listened to some Dems telling them they could keep their Lincoln plan.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

theohall wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
theohall wrote:

Well, they should have listened and not lynched me in the first place when purge balked on rezzing the first time. Instead, they listened to some Dems telling them they could keep their Lincoln plan.
No, I said to use the Rez, CR and RMC said it would be fine if we waited a day. In their defense they thought we would have more than one miss.
RMC

Post by RMC »

bb2112 wrote:
theohall wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
theohall wrote:

No, I said to use the Rez, CR and RMC said it would be fine if we waited a day. In their defense they thought we would have more than one miss.
I also said to use the Rez, but when everyone else seemed okay with not, then I figured wtf, let's move the game along..
theohall

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
theohall wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
theohall wrote:

I also said to use the Rez, but when everyone else seemed okay with not, then I figured wtf, let's move the game along..
I was not ok with not using it. Huge mistake, IMO. Let's let a special with a provable ability not prove his ability when he can be converted to the other side - if not faking already. Which it turns out he was faking. Kill him first and then see what happens without waiting around to see if he just might be the person he claimed to be. Stinkin' democrats and their lies.... It's everywhere.