Battle of the Presidents - Second Term

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Vorret

Re: Battle of the Presidents - Second Term

Post by Vorret »

Chaosraven wrote:The key is to hit Clinton today.

An explosion will take me out, they kill you, and RevHempus gets to be the deciding vote over the other two tomorrow.
Ohh right that's a good point
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Vorret wrote:Well this is good and not good, kinda unlucky you didn't nail a single dem with those scans but that's life.
You want to talk unlucky? How about my first scan is their damned nightkill? (which is why I made that note yesterday)
Why Isgrim, guys?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Vorret wrote:<--- 100% pure breed Republican. I can't prove it BUT you can protect chaos tonight and he can verify my claim tomorrow. Scoop and BB are our targets since most of us seem to agree that Scoop is shady we can start with him?
If Scoop is drawing fire as demo, he's likely Jackson
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I intend to go over these three players posts in the morning (I have to work tonight)
"Where are you off to?"

RMC

Post by RMC »

An explosion will take me out, they kill you, and RevHempus gets to be the deciding vote over the other two tomorrow.
Yep. And they can kill either of us in the explosion. <sigh>

I would like Vorret to be a republican, and most likely like Scoop as Clinton and BB as Jackson.

But I need to read over the voting history, and see if either of them put themselves out there more than the other. In memory BB was a little more outgoing with Scoop being more lowkey but we shall see from a reread.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

RMC wrote:Yep. And they can kill either of us in the explosion.
running a bluff, here?
"Where are you off to?"

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

RMC wrote:

Yep. And they can kill either of us in the explosion. <sigh>

I would like Vorret to be a republican, and most likely like Scoop as Clinton and BB as Jackson.

But I need to read over the voting history, and see if either of them put themselves out there more than the other. In memory BB was a little more outgoing with Scoop being more lowkey but we shall see from a reread.
I'm facepalming right now since I was actively defending Scoops in the early days for his miscount on the votes totals, oh well.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The Collected Works of Vorret
Vorret wrote:But.... I'm Canadian?
Vorret wrote: RMC 

I never was allowed in that pillow fort!!!
Vorret wrote:Am I going to be invited in the pool or is it exclusive to a certain group of people like the pillow fort?
Vorret wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote:Pool party, and I was not invited.

I have the "cigars".

Vorret 

:tjg:
Again? You really do enjoy voting for me :P
Vorret wrote:Im in the middle of moving to a new place so i might not post as much everything will be back to normal on Thursday or Friday !
Vorret wrote:First...

wd rmc 

This wouldn't have happen if it wasn't of that darned pillow fort.
Vorret wrote:theo is rarely quiet I wouldn't vote him off based on that probably just some odd timing, purge on the other hand has a bad habit of gowing Awol
Vorret wrote:Offing someone because of an error on a vote count is not the best reason in the world :|

What else do we have to work with here? Votes on RMC? Too early to use I guess... I guess I would have suspected Newcastle but ooops ;)
Vorret wrote:Yeah ok

Purge 

I prefer my vote on Purge than Scoop!
Vorret wrote: wd Purge 

A classic legendary start !!! :grund:
Vorret wrote:
RMC wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Of course, reminding a guy who has shown a proclivity for offing his teammates may not be the wisest move...
Man, did Purge just make a RMC is shooting blanks jokes??? I have three kids, I'll have you know. :)
Many things can happen when you're out campaigning :ninja:
Vorret wrote:What's the risk if we delay?
Let's say we let purge live, RMC does whatever he feels like doing... if he dies tonight since he's weird and didn't protect himself we can then get purge to rez RMC if he refuses he's a wolf and we kill him...

Doing this gives us the option of killing another random opponent, maybe nailing a wolf in the process and we're not stuck with wondering whether newcastle was switched or whether purge was switched...

Am I making any sense here?
Vorret wrote:I don't know... In a way I kinda agree that Scoop isn't acting like full blown usual non dangerous Scoop so there's that but that's really it, I still don't see the vote thing as a big deal.

Then again, we do need this to move forward and I doubt a wolf (or wolves) would push on a vote for someone they'd simply hop on the bandwagon .... I guess....

Ugh :grund:
Vorret wrote:the last 2 trains I was on were specials... I'm scared :?
Vorret wrote:Well this is not good... unless our seer got a few lucky scans we really are doomed :cry:
A few?
Vorret wrote:I agree we need to use the Rez.

I'd also like to point out that RMC sucks at making threat list :shock:
Vorret wrote:We also have one scan so technically we can have 2 more proven... we need the rez to have a chance at a 2nd scan
And now you know there's only one
Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:I can see how you might not want to use the rez right now, since there are no dead democrats to rez.
:lol:
:horse:
:coffee:

Doesn't matter really, pick one of the two and hit the rez button.
Vorret wrote:I don't mind waiting till Monday but IF he was still a rep would he really have waited on the rez?
Vorret wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Vorret wrote:I don't mind waiting till Monday but IF he was still a rep would he really have waited on the rez?
Doubtful. 7 people came forward and said use the rez and he is the only one who is hesitating. I feel fairly comfortable voting Purge off the island at this point, but I would rather have a concensus in case others aren't. I can understand why some people would be hesitant due to we are done if Purge ends up being a republican. Our game rides on getting this right.
True that... alrgiht let's wait till monday and then make a decision, I'm guessing from the lack of communication, that our seer is either dead or has no good information to share with us :cry:
Vorret wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote:I think the Seer should stay quiet for now. 1st we deal with the purge/rez situation.
I dunno, if he doesn't come out , we kill purge (possible scenario) and he gets killed overnight we're REALLY screwed. If he speaks up he can get protected tonight (Sacrifies RMC but 1 more scan) and might net us the win.

Anyway that's how I see it, could be wrong, but I'm assuming he's scanned only republicans so far (or he's dead).
Vorret wrote: Purge 

Let's cross our fingers now ...
Vorret wrote:
purge wrote:Either way, I've decided not to rez today. Impeach me if you have to.

lol , can you make it more obvious?
Vorret wrote:I think right now the seer needs to come out to he can be protected, sure it sacrifices RMC but he's more than likely dead anyway.

Obviously this implies that our seer is actually alive...
"Where are you off to?"

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I sure post alot :P
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Chaosraven wrote:
RMC wrote:Yep. And they can kill either of us in the explosion.
running a bluff, here?
No bluff. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:RevHempus71 - REPUBLICAN
RMC - BADASS WITH THE BOOMSTICK
Vorret -
Chaosraven - RONNY RAYGUN
bb2112 -
Scoop20906 -

sadly Isrgim was my scan the night he died
6 players - 4/2

Miss today 3/2
Night Kill 2/2

Game Over

Is anyone challenging CR for seer? This could be a clever way to get us to miss on our last chance.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

And don't post a vote until we work some of this out. A wolf pile is not what we want right now.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Catching up. Wow, that was an explosion of posts from CR.

I'm not claiming Ronny but I am telling you I am a republican.

So, CR claims to scan Rev and Issy (who is conveniently dead). Suddenly, Rev is 100% confident I am a democrat. This feels like an attack ad. We still have no idea what the identity of Newcastle was. If CR is faking then I think CR is Hamilton and Rev is Clinton (now that would be appropriate :) )

However, If CR is telling the truth then BB2112 and Vorret and the democrats.

Unfortunately, I don't know the best way to test this situation since we only get one chance at this. We need to talk about what scenario is most likely and then who is the least possible to blow up. I'm going to look at CR's posts first.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

CR isn't faking. Why would he? There's nothing to gain by coming out as a fake seer at this time they're in total control of the game our only saving grace is a REAL seer, why risk coming out, outing himself as a democrat without knowing if the real seer is alive or not?

You know what, I know what I am, so this leaves you two as democrats.

Scoop 

Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I know what I am too but I'm not voting until we are ready. You are flirting with a dog pile vorret. We've made enough mistakes this game so slow down. If I'm killed today then we lose simple as that. So what is your rush?

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:I know what I am too but I'm not voting until we are ready. You are flirting with a dog pile vorret. We've made enough mistakes this game so slow down. If I'm killed today then we lose simple as that. So what is your rush?
I like you Scoop but you stink free healthcare
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Affordable Health care!!! Affordable

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

In my opinion, Scoop is most likely the booming device.
He has played a way to get himself lynched. Now for Clinton, I am leaning towards Vorret, even moreso now that he has voted for Scoop so soon. The only hope they have is to blow up one special today and kill the other tonight. Thoughts?
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

:doh:

Both BB and Scoop questionned CR claim, shouldn't that tell you everything you need to know?
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

RevHempus71 wrote:In my opinion, Scoop is most likely the booming device.
He has played a way to get himself lynched. Now for Clinton, I am leaning towards Vorret, even moreso now that he has voted for Scoop so soon. The only hope they have is to blow up one special today and kill the other tonight. Thoughts?
Hmm... I am not sure.. I think Vorret is a repub. He is playing a little fast and loose, but I think that is his style.

I did like Scoop as clinton, but it might be BB.

I think we all agree that Scoop is a dem, which makes him the bomb in my opinion. So BB or Vorret is the question.

Right now I am voting BB. :)
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Ok, I can see that.
I just don't like the vote on Scoop already. I really think he is the explosive.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
RMC

Post by RMC »

RevHempus71 wrote:Ok, I can see that.
I just don't like the vote on Scoop already. I really think he is the explosive.
I can agree with that. Let's see what Chaos has to say, and then we can vote. :)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:
Hmm... I am not sure.. I think Vorret is a repub. He is playing a little fast and loose, but I think that is his style.

I think we all agree that Scoop is a dem, which makes him the bomb in my opinion. So BB or Vorret is the question.

Really? I'm reading this right? You all agree I am a Dem?

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:

Yup
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:

Read my Lips, " Scoop is a Democrat." And most likely the bomb type guy. :)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Man, this is confusing. First off, I agree that Chaos and Rev would be idiots to fake a role but since I know I am a repub then it is that or Vorret and BB2112 are the baddies.

Is it possible that newcastle was Lincoln or that Purge was Ronny and faked being Lincoln? I'm trying to figure out a scenario where this makes sense.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:

Right, cause guys who say "read my lips" are always telling the truth.

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:

He may be wrong (this is RMC we are talking about), but he could hardly be lying. He is the only proven here.

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:

Well true. Except I have my spent gun to prove who I am. :)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote::doh:

Both BB and Scoop questionned CR claim, shouldn't that tell you everything you need to know?
Nope, don't try to steer this the wrong way Mr. Dem. All I asked is if anyone counters the claim and pointed out that if we get this wrong we lose today. As it is, I kind of believe CR. Someone would have countered by now if it was going to happen. And if the seer is dead and CR is spoofing, then we have lost. We are getting to the point where we have to take a chance on something. That being the case, it would make you and Scoop evil.

Worst case scenario (assuming Scoop is a Dem, which I think he is based on my past posts) if Scoop is Splody and we decide to lynch him:

Current 4/2
Kill scoop 4/1
Scoop splodes 3/1
Night kill 2/1

We still have a shot with a much smaller pool.

I still think Scoop is our best path to victory even if he is splody. And if he isn't, as long as he is a dem, then we are still in the game for another day. We miss today and we are done.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

OMG you are so wrong. I'm not going to exploded. How friggin clear can I make that. Either CR and Rev are lying or BB and Vorret are lying. You just have to pick from those two groups and then we have a chance to win.

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:OMG you are so wrong. I'm not going to exploded. How friggin clear can I make that. Either CR and Rev are lying or BB and Vorret are lying. You just have to pick from those two groups and then we have a chance to win.
I am not killing you tonight. I think if you are a dem, you are the explody one.

I am pretty sure BB is your mate in this little en devour. But CR knows BB better than I, so I will let him chime in.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So you think its BB and Vorret? I'm willing to test BB.

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:OMG you are so wrong. I'm not going to exploded. How friggin clear can I make that. Either CR and Rev are lying or BB and Vorret are lying. You just have to pick from those two groups and then we have a chance to win.
I am not killing you tonight. I think if you are a dem, you are the explody one.

I am pretty sure BB is your mate in this little en devour. But CR knows BB better than I, so I will let him chime in.
I am not too familiar with BB and Vorret play styles. I am pretty sure about Scoop tho. Lets wait and hear from our seer on his thoughts.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:So you think its BB and Vorret? I'm willing to test BB.
I already know it is you and Scoop, but the rest of the group doesn't know what I know. Nobody knows who the Splody is except for the other Dem. All we can do is speculate.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:

You are never right. For once channel your inner Costanza and go with the opposite of what you are feeling. :D
RMC

Post by RMC »

bb2112 wrote:
RMC wrote:

You are never right. For once channel your inner Costanza and go with the opposite of what you are feeling. :D
I was right that one time we played together...
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Here is the ( more or less ) proof Scoop is a democrat. There is an active vote on him. Yet he lives.

I am trying to figure out how many levels of deception Scoop will use. Seeing how he said he would like to test bb2112.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RevHempus71 wrote:Here is the ( more or less ) proof Scoop is a democrat. There is an active vote on him. Yet he lives.

I am trying to figure out how many levels of deception Scoop will use. Seeing how he said he would like to test bb2112.
Well I've been wanting to test Scoop since day 1 and have been putting up a lot of arguments to do so. Vorret has been backing away from the Scoop vote. I also wanted Purge to use the Rez on day one. Either we would have got NC back or we could have nailed a dem on day one. Vorret has been suggesting other routes all along. And still is.
Vorret wrote:What's the risk if we delay?
Let's say we let purge live, RMC does whatever he feels like doing... if he dies tonight since he's weird and didn't protect himself we can then get purge to rez RMC if he refuses he's a wolf and we kill him...

Doing this gives us the option of killing another random opponent, maybe nailing a wolf in the process and we're not stuck with wondering whether newcastle was switched or whether purge was switched...

Am I making any sense here?
Vorret wrote:I don't know... In a way I kinda agree that Scoop isn't acting like full blown usual non dangerous Scoop so there's that but that's really it, I still don't see the vote thing as a big deal.

Then again, we do need this to move forward and I doubt a wolf (or wolves) would push on a vote for someone they'd simply hop on the bandwagon .... I guess....

Ugh :grund:
Vorret wrote:the last 2 trains I was on were specials... I'm scared :?
Even if RMC gets his wish and you all kill me and cause us to lose, I am going to still feel like a winner. As long as CR really is the seer, my instincts have been pretty right on all game. Well, except for Theo.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RevHempus71 wrote:Here is the ( more or less ) proof Scoop is a democrat. There is an active vote on him. Yet he lives.

I'm not sure this is right. Scoop only has one vote on him, he would need 2 votes by non-dems and Scoop would have to be a Repub himself for a wolf pile to work. With only one vote against Scoop it doesn't prove anything, but if we get 2 votes and there is no wolf pile, then one of the three is a dem.

But I do like how we asked for people to not vote until we finish discussing and...
Vorret wrote:CR isn't faking. Why would he? There's nothing to gain by coming out as a fake seer at this time they're in total control of the game our only saving grace is a REAL seer, why risk coming out, outing himself as a democrat without knowing if the real seer is alive or not?

You know what, I know what I am, so this leaves you two as democrats.

Scoop 

He tries to deflect and then votes against his dem brother. At this point, with only 3 of us left to choose from it is a good ballsy move.