This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Vorret

Re: Battle of the Presidents - Second Term

Post by Vorret »

Shit.
I really misjudged Scoop all game :?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Ask yourself, "Am I special?" If the answers is yes have you sent the moderator your night order?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Vorret wrote:Shit.
I didn't.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

RevHempus71 wrote:
I didn't.
Yeah... but you have to admit my analysis did make some sense. It was still a complete guess though...
One thing I'm wondering is why Scoop didn't kill RMC instead of CR... now they have to guess who he protected VS simply killing CR overnight...

It's unlikely but they could theorically fail at killing a Rep tonight
Isgrimnur wrote:
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Vorret wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote:
I didn't.
Yeah... but you have to admit my analysis did make some sense. It was still a complete guess though...
One thing I'm wondering is why Scoop didn't kill RMC instead of CR... now they have to guess who he protected VS simply killing CR overnight...

It's unlikely but they could theorically fail at killing a Rep tonight
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Yeah, I think they missed that or have a plan for this. Seems too risky tho.
I like to gamble...
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Come on Vorret, get your kill order in. You and RMC are the only specials left and he said he already placed his order.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

So who did you try to kill BB?
RMC or Rev?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

It's morning and the remaining committee members drag themselves into the meeting room. RMC and RevHempus71 stop short as their minds can barely grasp what they're seeing. Scoop20906 and bb2112 are playing gin rummy using Vorret's corpse as a table. Scoop20906 glances over, "Hey, what's up guys! Long time no see."

Received votes:
RevHempus71 -
RMC -
bb2112 -
Scoop20906 -

Since three votes are required for a majority should we go straight into Night 4 and see if RMC can protect against the Democrats?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Moliere wrote:It's morning and the remaining committee members drag themselves into the meeting room. RMC and RevHempus71 stop short as their minds can barely grasp what they're seeing. Scoop20906 and bb2112 are playing gin rummy using Vorret's corpse as a table. Scoop20906 glances over, "Hey, what's up guys! Long time no see."

Received votes:
RevHempus71 -
RMC -
bb2112 -
Scoop20906 -

Since three votes are required for a majority should we go straight into Night 4 and see if RMC can protect against the Democrats?
If sides are equal its already over is it not?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:
Moliere wrote:It's morning and the remaining committee members drag themselves into the meeting room. RMC and RevHempus71 stop short as their minds can barely grasp what they're seeing. Scoop20906 and bb2112 are playing gin rummy using Vorret's corpse as a table. Scoop20906 glances over, "Hey, what's up guys! Long time no see."

Received votes:
RevHempus71 -
RMC -
bb2112 -
Scoop20906 -

If sides are equal its already over is it not?
Yeah we are screwed and lost.

They got lucky and converted our guy and then let Purge play us the fool. <sigh>
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Thanks everyone for playing. I appreciate that people played into the political theme to make it more interesting. Some of my observations as moderator:

Newcastle sends me a PM on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:58 am saying Teddy is overpowered and gives the Republicans too much of an advantage.
Barely 1 hour later on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:00 am RMC sends me a PM to shoot Newcastle. :lol:

On Day 1 the Democrats were talking about who should be converted. Purge put in a placeholder to convert Chaosraven if he was voted off. Later he commented "I can't help but think CR is someone we want converted." That would have given the Democrats Reagan. Scoop20906 changed his mind and instead they got bb2112, who happened to be Lincoln! :dance:

Republican bad luck on Night 1: Teddy protects purge who is pretending to be Lincoln when he's actually Clinton. Unfortunately, his other two night protections (himself and RevHempus71) are never targeted by the Democrats.
More Republican bad luck on Night 1: Reagan scans Isgrimnur right before the Democrats kill him.

When purge was under the gun to prove his claim as Lincoln I was surprised bb2112 didn't rez one of the dead Republicans. This would have made purge a proven Republican for the rest of the game. The Democrats could then easily kill the rezzed Republican that night.

Scoop20906's role was Andrew Jackson. And yet throughout the game he kept referring to Hamilton. Not only was Alexander Hamilton a bad shot, but he was never a President. :wink:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Holy shit!

That's intense Purge wasn't converted.
Holy crap.... Well sorry about going for Scoop instead of BB :doh:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Oh and thanks for running the game Moliere ... one of the most entertaing OO game I've part part of so far!
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

The thing is they didn't convert me until after I started going after Scoop and had already voted Purge. The Dems were in deep shit right from the start. Then they got lucky and converted Lincoln. I felt like I really accomplished something figuring out Scoop, and since he was the splodie, I decided to not back off.

Later Purge screwed up and said he was Linclon and meant to say he was the seer Reagon.

Crazy game that looked nearly impossible for Republicans when it started, but was a hell of a lot closer than it should have been. I think the Republicans played their asses off to only have one miss and get it as close as they did.

Nice job modding Moliere. I also liked your write ups. Thanks for running.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:The thing is they didn't convert me until after I started going after Scoop and had already voted Purge. The Dems were in deep shit right from the start. Then they got lucky and converted Lincoln. I felt like I really accomplished something figuring out Scoop, and since he was the splodie, I decided to not back off.

Later Purge screwed up and said he was Linclon and meant to say he was the seer Reagon.

Crazy game that looked nearly impossible for Republicans when it started, but was a hell of a lot closer than it should have been. I think the Republicans played their asses off to only have one miss and get it as close as they did.

Nice job modding Moliere. I also liked your write ups. Thanks for running.
I have to admit the way you played with Scoop really messed me up, I was sooooo sure hewasn't going to blow up!

Good job !
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Molere wrote:When purge was under the gun to prove his claim as Lincoln I was surprised bb2112 didn't rez one of the dead Republicans. This would have made purge a proven Republican for the rest of the game. The Democrats could then easily kill the rezzed Republican that night
Except according to the rules if Linclon used his power he will be outed to the village. So all it would have done is out me as Lincoln and proved Purge a Dem. I looked at that at one point.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Wow, that was some epically terrible luck for the Republicans.

Thanks for modding Morliere! You did a much better job than Moliere would have done.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:I'm not going to exploded.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

bb2112 wrote:
Molere wrote:When purge was under the gun to prove his claim as Lincoln I was surprised bb2112 didn't rez one of the dead Republicans. This would have made purge a proven Republican for the rest of the game. The Democrats could then easily kill the rezzed Republican that night
Except according to the rules if Linclon used his power he will be outed to the village. So all it would have done is out me as Lincoln and proved Purge a Dem. I looked at that at one point.
You're right. I'm forgetting my own rules. :oops:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
Which is exactly why you should have done it.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Thanks Vorret. That was as much about Scoop and his play as it was mine.

RMC, you were right about me at the end, but you didn't get it right overall. :P

We were very worried we were going to hit your protection target so we kept going off reservation with our kills. We talked about having Scoop spoof Reagan but never really pulled the trigger. Then CR came out of the woodwork. That last day we had it locked as long as I wasn't the day kill. You guys had me worried at one point enough that I put in an order to Rez Purge if I was to get the axe. Fortunately, RMC suggested going after Scoop, something I couldn't do myself. It would have been a sound play if I wasnt a converted Lincoln with a Rez in my pocket.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
It would have made bb2112 a "proven" Republican for the rest of the game. If purge was Jackson that would have been awesome. The committee kills purge and loses one of their own in the process and for the rest of the game everyone thinks bb2112 is a harmless Republican.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Except the group did not know the conversion was already off the table so if bb2112 got outed they may have killed him based off the idea he was a likely convert target. Would have made an interesting debate though.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I do think, incidentally, that a conversion is too powerful if the village does not receive notice that it has been used.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
It would have made bb2112 a "proven" Republican for the rest of the game. If purge was Jackson that would have been awesome. The committee kills purge and loses one of their own in the process and for the rest of the game everyone thinks bb2112 is a harmless Republican.
I thought of that, but we had no idea if the conversion was used, so I would have still been a suspect. We said the same thing about Purge.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:I do think, incidentally, that a conversion is too powerful if the village does not receive notice that it has been used.
That takes all the fun out of it. Not knowing if the conversion is used created 90% of the debate. It creates a dilemma for the Democrats in deciding how long to wait before using it. Personally, I think it's the best part of the game.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:
El Guapo wrote:I do think, incidentally, that a conversion is too powerful if the village does not receive notice that it has been used.
That takes all the fun out of it. Not knowing if the conversion is used created 90% of the debate. It creates a dilemma for the Democrats in deciding how long to wait before using it. Personally, I think it's the best part of the game.
You would still have a big debate over who was converted (or whether it hit the protectee or Teddy).

The problem is that not giving any notice effectively removes the village's ability to have any proven people at all (aside from Teddy). That's a huge weakness.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:
Moliere wrote:
You would still have a big debate over who was converted (or whether it hit the protectee or Teddy).

The problem is that not giving any notice effectively removes the village's ability to have any proven people at all (aside from Teddy). That's a huge weakness.
Knowing the conversion happened still means you have no proven people except Teddy.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Moliere wrote:

Knowing the conversion happened still means you have no proven people except Teddy.
You would have proven people after the conversion is used. You could also trust what a proven special said between the start of the game and the time that the conversion is announced.

More than that, it would give a lot more information to analyze. You could compare someone's posts before the conversion is used with their posts after the conversion is used, in the attempt to figure out who the convert was. That would create a lot of interesting analytical opportunities. By contrast, as it is now there's almost no interesting analytical opportunities for the village in connection with the conversion because there's almost no fixed, reliable information to work from.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:
Moliere wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Moliere wrote:

You would have proven people after the conversion is used. You could also trust what a proven special said between the start of the game and the time that the conversion is announced.

More than that, it would give a lot more information to analyze. You could compare someone's posts before the conversion is used with their posts after the conversion is used, in the attempt to figure out who the convert was. That would create a lot of interesting analytical opportunities. By contrast, as it is now there's almost no interesting analytical opportunities for the village in connection with the conversion because there's almost no fixed, reliable information to work from.
I will keep this in mind for the 2016 election. :pop:
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Well that was nucking futs. I had a blast....

bb2112, you bastard. You deserve it, all 3 of you. Well played.

I feel, well kinda dirty. Time for a little Toyyes, and " smoke two joints". Peace.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RevHempus71 wrote:Well that was nucking futs. I had a blast....

bb2112, you bastard. You deserve it, all 3 of you. Well played.

I feel, well kinda dirty. Time for a little Toyyes, and " smoke two joints". Peace.
Thanks Rev, I couldn't have done it with out you. :wink:
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

DOH :doh:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Chaosraven wrote:I think the scoop/bb interaction makes me see them as Jackson and Clinton
:evil:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:I think the scoop/bb interaction makes me see them as Jackson and Clinton
:evil:
Yeah, that made me sweat. :D

Although when I first went after Scoop, I was still a Republican. I didn't get converted until after I was already calling for his head.
purge

Post by purge »

bb2112 wrote:

And that was the one point I had missed (that the rez was a proven action).
purge

Post by purge »

El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
It proves he's Lincoln.

It does not prove he is republican.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

You guys had no idea I was a Democrat. I fooled you all!!!!!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:You guys had no idea I was a Democrat. I fooled you all!!!!!
hehe.. We all agreed you were a Dem. And I let myself be talked out of you being the explody one..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat