Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

purge

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Rulez up. Just need 6.

Post by purge »

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

purge wrote:Image
That's what the Unspoken One would say.
 purge 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Rulez up. Just need 1

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Each human will be affected by the Terrigen Mist with the following results:

1. Immediately die
2. Converted into Inhuman
3. Converted into Inhuman
4. Gain the ability to steal the Terrigen Mist canister from who ever currently has it
5. Gain the ability to scan one dead player for their alignment and role each night
6. Gain the ability to scan the alignment of a player each night
7. Gain the ability protect one player each night but not himself and not the same player on back to back nights
8. Gain the ability to send a secret message to any player (via moderator). The message does not have to identify the sender (you can spoof who the sender is).
9. Will instantly become trusted. The mod will announce you are human and you can not be converted.
10. Gain the ability to resurrect one player (you will reveal yourself via moderator).
Let's think about this. Day 1 use gas.

Human 9 is instantly trusted.
Human 8 sends IM to 9. Instantly trusted.
Human 10 raises 1, both become instantly trusted.

That leaves 4 out of 11 as trusteds, with a seer (Human 6) and a protector (Human 7). Humans 4 and 5 basically become regular dudes. Human 5 could be somewhat useful, but is basically gimped.

Potentially a pool of 7 to hide 3 Inhumans with 2 of those seven who can claim specials. That leaves a pool of 5 to hide 3.

Based on this, I think it would be a no brainer for the humans to use the mist day 1 and it would be to the disadvantage of team Inhuman to use it early. To counter this I have a couple of suggestions that can be used individually or mixed and matched to help the balance:

1. Make it impossible for the humans to spray everyone
2. Cut down on the number of provens the humans would get if the conversion happened
3. Have more instant kills if the spray is used on everyone including the user
4. Maybe have a different set of circumstances if the Inhuman sprays the group instead of the humans - right now if I was the Inhuman and I got the spray I would hold off until the herd is thinned

Just some thoughts...
Revised Math based on reading the rules again and it says the Terrigen Mist has to be used at night and it is after the night kill. Also assuming this starts at night.

Human 9 is instantly trusted.
Human 8 sends IM to 9. Instantly trusted.
Human 10 raises 1 or night kill, both become instantly trusted.

That leaves 4 out of 10 as trusteds(due to the night kill and the rezzed player1 above), with a seer (Human 6) and a protector (Human 7). Humans 4 and 5 basically become regular dudes. Human 5 could be somewhat useful, but is basically gimped.

Potentially a pool of 6 to hide 3 Inhumans with 2 of those six who can claim specials. That leaves a pool of 4 to hide 3 Inhumans on day 2. With such a small pool on Day 1, the Inhumans would have to immediately spoof. I would assume the inhumans would claim seer, protector and one of the 2 remaining non provable roles. Then it just becomes attrition as the humans have a 50/50 guess on whether they kill an inhuman spoofing a role or the actual human claiming the role. If the village gets it wrong one day by killing the protector, then they would get it right the next day when they kill the inhuman spoofer of the protector.

Back to the same problem, too many provable roles. I still like the overall concept, but need to work on the balance a little. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Possibilities would include replacing the "become trusted" result with something else, and/or giving the converted inhumans some spoofing-related powers (like, they might say, "greetings, fellow humans").
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Sorry, life got busy. Let met catch up with the discussion and then I have some rulez change ideas.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game full. Rulez adjustment in progre

Post by Scoop20906 »

Great posts everyone!!

Ok, I am pouring over the suggestions and revising my thoughts on the Terrigen Mist (TM). I really does feel like too many proveable roles so I'm in the process of making alterations.

Here is the first one:

I've replaced the instant death to this:

========

10. Converted into a bot. You are still human however you may only make posts that are a partial copy of other players's post and you must use complete sentences. Yes, this includes votes.

For example, if another player makes the following post:
Purge wrote:Sorry guys. I've been super busy. I think RMC is guilty. He keeps talking to that creepy pillow his. I think it is possessed.  Accuse RMC 

You can post something like this:
Bot wrote:I think RMC is guilty.  Accuse RMC 

So, for the Bot, if someone hasn't posted it, the Bot can't say it. (maybe this will be fun.)

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Rulez page has been updated!!

Ok, several more changes but I will paraphrase them here.

1)The Unspoken One has gained the ability to scan players to see what they will become when exposed to the Terrigen Mist. He can only use this power on Night One and Night Two. I've also updated his night powers to make them easier to read.

2)In addition to adding the Bot role, the players that would convert into Inhuman players have gained powers that could potentially help them spoof roles. There is an Inhuman Seer and Inhuman instant messenger now.

3)The last major change is that if a human player decides to spray everyone with the Terrigen Mist then if he converts into a human player he will die however if he will convert into an Inhuman player he will live.

This is an effort to give the humans some consequence to using the Terrigen Mist on everyone. The human player is safe if he only uses it on himself.

So, I'm open to thoughts but I'd like to start this game on Monday morning with roles going out Sunday night so make your suggestions soon.

If this ends up be a cluster then I hope at least we can have fun with it. Remember the game only starts with one baddie so thats a ton of pressure on the UO so this could be over fast too! :D

We've got 11 players! I agree with Newcastle it would be great with more but its hard enough they days to get players so I'm not pushing my luck. If you guys can talk anyone into joining the we will add them in and adjust things if necessary.

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Hmmm... Looking at the new rules set with everyone becoming a special, the new abilities for the Inhumans to spoof, and all the seer possibilities, I think this game is going to be a hot mess. Too many possibilities to figure out what is going to occur. Scoop, you are a very creative person, and I'm excited to see what is going to happen. With all the powers I have a feeling every day is going to be interesting. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:Great posts everyone!!

Ok, I am pouring over the suggestions and revising my thoughts on the Terrigen Mist (TM). I really does feel like too many proveable roles so I'm in the process of making alterations.

Here is the first one:

I've replaced the instant death to this:

========

10. Converted into a bot. You are still human however you may only make posts that are a partial copy of other players's post and you must use complete sentences. Yes, this includes votes.

For example, if another player makes the following post:
Purge wrote:Sorry guys. I've been super busy. I think RMC is guilty. He keeps talking to that creepy pillow his. I think it is possessed.  Accuse RMC 

You can post something like this:
Bot wrote:I think RMC is guilty.  Accuse RMC 

So, for the Bot, if someone hasn't posted it, the Bot can't say it. (maybe this will be fun.)
Hey... You had to use me as an example??? :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So BB likes?

Of course RMC. Im pretty my example will end up in the game so I wanted it as realistic as possible.

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:So BB likes?

Of course RMC. Im pretty my example will end up in the game so I wanted it as realistic as possible.
I like and I'm ready to rock-n-roll!
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Thats good news. Anyone else have thoughts?

Also forgot to mention one thing.

The Human Instant Messager will not be able to send a secret message to the Human Trusted player so that closes that loop hole. Thanks for catching that.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'm taking the silence as concurrence. I'm going ahead with these rulez and spinning up the rolez and determining everyone's fate. Rolez will be Pmed out soon. Game will officially start sometime tomorrow on Day One.

May your future find you judged kindly.

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:I'm taking the silence as concurrence. I'm going ahead with these rulez and spinning up the rolez and determining everyone's fate. Rolez will be Pmed out soon. Game will officially start sometime tomorrow on Day One.

We are not silent, we are trying not to breath in the fumes from the canister.. except BB, he seems to enjoy taking hits off the thing..
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I'm taking the silence as concurrence. I'm going ahead with these rulez and spinning up the rolez and determining everyone's fate. Rolez will be Pmed out soon. Game will officially start sometime tomorrow on Day One.

We are not silent, we are trying not to breath in the fumes from the canister.. except BB, he seems to enjoy taking hits off the thing..
Yeah, me and NC are huffing. No canister for you!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote:
RMC wrote:

/inhales deeply
/holds out the kool aid dry mix canister
/says drowsily

"neeexxxt"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Uh, Mod goof here.

Because there are 10 human's to start the game I send a group PM with everyone BCCed to tell them they are a human cause I'm lazy. Great except now I won't know when people pick up their PM. Kinda dumb.

SOooooooo

Can everyone please post they have received their Role PM so I know I can start the game.

KTHXBYE :doh:

theohall

Post by theohall »

Role received.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/cackles wildly and happily

"hahahahahahahahah"

/nods toward the great scoop in the sky

"role received"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The great scoop appears unmoved.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Role received.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Received.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Newcastle wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
RMC wrote:

/inhales deeply
/holds out the kool aid dry mix canister
/says drowsily

"neeexxxt"
Huff, huff pass.....
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
RMC

Post by RMC »

Got it... :)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm Spartacus!
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Received.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

1 Moliere - PM Received
2 Isgrimnur - PM Received
3 bb2112
4 theohall - PM Received
5 RevHempus71 - PM Received
6 Vorret
7 RMC - PM Received
8 Newcastle - PM Received
9 El Guapo - PM Received
10 Chaosraven
11 Purge

4 to go

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Sorry had, uhh, company.

Role received (and I need a nap) ;)
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Vorret wrote:Sorry had, uhh, company.

Pillowy Pamela again. RMC is gonna be mad....
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

got it
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
RMC

Post by RMC »

RevHempus71 wrote:

That two timing whore!!!! I know who I am voting off the island first!
theohall

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote:

RevHempus for telling, right? You would never have known if not for him and his big mouth.
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:
RMC wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote:

RevHempus for telling, right? You would never have known if not for him and his big mouth.
But... Shouldn't it be Vorret? I mean he's even Canadian, and you know what they say about Canadians, eh?

Ah, hell.. Comfortable Cathy is always there for me. :)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

1 Moliere - PM Received
3 bb2112
4 theohall - PM Received
6 Vorret - PM Received
7 RMC - PM Received
9 El Guapo - PM Received
10 Chaosraven - PM Received
11 Purge

2 to go

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I am good to go.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:I am inhuman and good to go.
Noted.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

1 Moliere - PM Received
3 bb2112 - PM Received
4 theohall - PM Received
6 Vorret - PM Received
7 RMC - PM Received
9 El Guapo - PM Received
10 Chaosraven - PM Received
11 Purge

We are waiting on Purge

purge

Post by purge »

Anyone else have thoughts?

:happy-smileyinthebox:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

It was easy time at the pillow fort. The group has endured werewolves and politicians but were unsure which were worse. But now things we good. Things were easy.

That was until...

Enlarge Image

The game has begun.

It is day 1.

Alive:
Moliere
Isgrimnur
bb2112
theohall
RevHempus71
Vorret
RMC
Newcastle
El Guapo
Chaosraven
Purge

Majority vote is 6.

RMC

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by RMC »

So it's a crap shoot on day one.

I say we get rid of that two timing whore Pillowy Pamala. Who's with me?

I'll be in my pillow fort with my other pillow concubines. :violin: