Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Month renewal is up Oct 21/2019. $1337.51 USD of roughly $1700 USD (CDN conversion) as of Sept 1/2019. Paypal Donation Link Here

Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Post Reply
User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:50 am

Also, killing people who are probably human in order to root out the inhuman seems unnecessarily draconian. Shouldn't we, like, take people to a hospital to be examined, or something? Instead of, you know, shooting them in the head and then trying to figure out whether or not they were human?

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Newcastle » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:51 am

fastest....day.....one......ever.....
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by bb2112 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:28 am

Newcastle wrote:fastest....day.....one......ever.....
IKR, it is unbelievable! Sorry Theo for whacking you twice on Day 1.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:44 am

It's not unbelievable when the day 1 scenario for the village amounts to "guess what number I'm thinking of". It would be more unbelievable if the village spent a week debating (though even I'm mildly surprised by how quickly the train came together, even considering that).

The only debatable question is what to do with the mist, which is both in some sense a night 1 issue and up to whomever has the canister (rather than the village)

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11437
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Offline

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Scoop20906 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:55 am

Voting is closed. Write up to come when I get home from work.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
purge
Posts: 1874
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:12 am
Location: ... right behind you! RAWR!
Contact:

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by purge » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:55 am

So apparently we're playing with Gamingtrend rules - aka kill fast. Did he have something to ... naw, he's dead.

It comes as no great surprise that Scoop's rules produce this result. :coffee:

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6387
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by RMC » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:56 am

El Guapo wrote:Also, killing people who are probably human in order to root out the inhuman seems unnecessarily draconian. Shouldn't we, like, take people to a hospital to be examined, or something? Instead of, you know, shooting them in the head and then trying to figure out whether or not they were human?
I don't know, shooting first works for me. :)

And I am in the get it over and huff and pass crowd. I think spraying everyone is a viable option, but might not be the best one...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
purge
Posts: 1874
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:12 am
Location: ... right behind you! RAWR!
Contact:

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by purge » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:56 am

MOD question:

Does this game come with seatbelts? I think it's travelling at a pace far too quick to be felt as safe. ;)

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:58 am

purge wrote:So apparently we're playing with Gamingtrend rules - aka kill fast. Did he have something to ... naw, he's dead.

It comes as no great surprise that Scoop's rules produce this result. :coffee:
He said that he didn't have the canister. There isn't really anything else for him to say.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Newcastle » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:00 pm

El Guapo wrote:
purge wrote:So apparently we're playing with Gamingtrend rules - aka kill fast. Did he have something to ... naw, he's dead.

It comes as no great surprise that Scoop's rules produce this result. :coffee:
He said that he didn't have the canister. There isn't really anything else for him to say.

first rule of canister club is that canister club doesn't exist
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9516
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Vorret » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Newcastle wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
purge wrote:So apparently we're playing with Gamingtrend rules - aka kill fast. Did he have something to ... naw, he's dead.

It comes as no great surprise that Scoop's rules produce this result. :coffee:
He said that he didn't have the canister. There isn't really anything else for him to say.

first rule of canister club is that canister club doesn't exist
:lol:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

User avatar
Chaosraven
Posts: 20235
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:26 am

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Chaosraven » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:07 pm

did we win?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:11 pm

Chaosraven wrote:did we win?
I assume that Scoop is busy being confounded by our day 1 victory.

User avatar
theohall
Posts: 11697
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:01 am
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by theohall » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:35 pm

El Guapo wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:did we win?
I assume that Scoop is busy being confounded by our day 1 victory.
Scoop is not confounded. He is at work and will give you all your non-victorious write up when he gets home. So, have El Guapo spray everyone. It will be more entertaining.

:horse:

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:02 pm

theohall wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:did we win?
I assume that Scoop is busy being confounded by our day 1 victory.
Scoop is not confounded. He is at work and will give you all your non-victorious write up when he gets home. So, have El Guapo spray everyone. It will be more entertaining.

:horse:
He's probably busy being flummoxed, then.

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9516
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Vorret » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:13 pm

El Guapo wrote:
theohall wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:did we win?
I assume that Scoop is busy being confounded by our day 1 victory.
Scoop is not confounded. He is at work and will give you all your non-victorious write up when he gets home. So, have El Guapo spray everyone. It will be more entertaining.

:horse:
He's probably busy being flummoxed, then.
I learn so many words hanging with you guys
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by bb2112 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:45 pm

And we have learned "eh" from you, so don't sell yourself short.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:48 pm

You're thinking of the Anglo Canadians. We learned "poutine" from Vorret.

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11437
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Offline

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Scoop20906 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:08 pm

Voting is closed

Day 1 Vote Count

Votes:
theohall (6) - El Guapo, Moliere, bb2112, Chaosraven, RMC, Vorret
Isgrimnur (1) - Purge
RMC (1) - Newcastle
El Guapo (1) - Theohall

No vote:
Isgrimnur
theohall
RevHempus71

Majority vote is 6.

(please feel free to use this format to keep the vote count up to day. I will verify every vote and have the final word but I won't always be able to post during the day and I think vote counts are important.)
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:20 pm

You sound pretty flummoxed.

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11437
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Offline

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Scoop20906 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:44 pm

Image
It was obvious who was the most Inhuman player of the group. The votes are cast and theohall was lead grumbling to the Sarlacc Pit (and not the stupid CGI one) that had been mysteriously shown up next to the pillow fort a few weeks back. Theohall flipped everyone the bird as he sailed timelessly into the pit where he will slowly be digested over one thousand years.

"Well, that is that!" says El Guapo rubbing his hands together.

GAME OVER!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11437
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Offline

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Scoop20906 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:46 pm

As the party at the pillow fort is just getting underway a bright light blinds everyone and a large face appears overheard

Image
"Ain't no party like Inhuman party cause a Inhuman party don't stop!!" shouts the head.

"What the heck is this?" asks Newcastle.

"You ever heard of a mental projection? You missed humans and now my plans to enslave you all as my minions begins. One of you has the terrigen mist and I will use to evolve you and rule you. BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!" shouts the head and then poofed into a puff of logic.

Everyone looked around nervously. Who was controlling this head?


Alive:
Moliere
Isgrimnur
bb2112
theohall
RevHempus71
Vorret
RMC
Newcastle
El Guapo
Chaosraven
Purge

Dead:
theohall (digesting)

Night One

Night Order of Events:
1. Inhuman performs all powers except kill.
2. Human performs all powers.
3. Inhuman choose who to kill.
4. Terrigen Mist is used if ordered by player possessing it.

Please send me your orders by PM.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Newcastle » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:50 pm

hey scoop - i decide to use the canister on all....just saying....so folks get ready for a rocky ride!
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Scoop20906 wrote:Image
It was obvious who was the most Inhuman player of the group. The votes are cast and theohall was lead grumbling to the Sarlacc Pit (and not the stupid CGI one) that had been mysteriously shown up next to the pillow fort a few weeks back. Theohall flipped everyone the bird as he sailed timelessly into the pit where he will slowly be digested over one thousand years.

"Well, that is that!" says El Guapo rubbing his hands together.

GAME OVER!
All right then! Good job everyone. And since the game is over, we won, and I am a busy man, I see no need to read any further posts in this thread.

User avatar
Moliere
Posts: 12007
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Walking through a desert land

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Moliere » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:05 pm

El Guapo wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Image
It was obvious who was the most Inhuman player of the group. The votes are cast and theohall was lead grumbling to the Sarlacc Pit (and not the stupid CGI one) that had been mysteriously shown up next to the pillow fort a few weeks back. Theohall flipped everyone the bird as he sailed timelessly into the pit where he will slowly be digested over one thousand years.

"Well, that is that!" says El Guapo rubbing his hands together.

GAME OVER!
All right then! Good job everyone. And since the game is over, we won, and I am a busy man, I see no need to read any further posts in this thread.
Nice job on picking the Inhuman. Glad we followed your direction. You deserve all the credit for how this game goes. :wink:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:12 pm

Newcastle wrote:hey scoop - i decide to use the canister on all....just saying....so folks get ready for a rocky ride!
Is this for real or is this in jest? Just want to make sure before I invest in analyzing whether the canister-holder should hold a big house party or not.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Newcastle » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:14 pm

El Guapo wrote:
Newcastle wrote:hey scoop - i decide to use the canister on all....just saying....so folks get ready for a rocky ride!
Is this for real or is this in jest? Just want to make sure before I invest in analyzing whether the canister-holder should hold a big house party or not.
:ninja:

feel free to invest in analyzing.
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9516
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Vorret » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Newcastle wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Newcastle wrote:hey scoop - i decide to use the canister on all....just saying....so folks get ready for a rocky ride!
Is this for real or is this in jest? Just want to make sure before I invest in analyzing whether the canister-holder should hold a big house party or not.
:ninja:

feel free to invest in analyzing.
Get I get a finance.yahoo.com link please I'd like to see the share price
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6387
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by RMC » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Vorret wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Newcastle wrote:hey scoop - i decide to use the canister on all....just saying....so folks get ready for a rocky ride!
Is this for real or is this in jest? Just want to make sure before I invest in analyzing whether the canister-holder should hold a big house party or not.
:ninja:

feel free to invest in analyzing.
Get I get a finance.yahoo.com link please I'd like to see the share price
It's the ticker.. WTF

:)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6387
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by RMC » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Newcastle wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Newcastle wrote:hey scoop - i decide to use the canister on all....just saying....so folks get ready for a rocky ride!
Is this for real or is this in jest? Just want to make sure before I invest in analyzing whether the canister-holder should hold a big house party or not.
:ninja:

feel free to invest in analyzing.
I shoot newcastle in the nuts again. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:04 pm

Vorret wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Newcastle wrote:hey scoop - i decide to use the canister on all....just saying....so folks get ready for a rocky ride!
Is this for real or is this in jest? Just want to make sure before I invest in analyzing whether the canister-holder should hold a big house party or not.
:ninja:

feel free to invest in analyzing.
Get I get a finance.yahoo.com link please I'd like to see the share price
Wow, turns out Vorret was a long-con bot all along.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Ok so we're at 9 humans one inhuman right now. Or we would be if we hadn't won, but I'm going to figure out an alternative scenario where we missed on day 1.

Inhuman does his (or her!) night kill before any mist use. No protector, so we're then at 8 humans one inhuman.

If the mist holder goes crazy-go-nuts, we probably lose 3 humans - the mister, and two converts. Worst case scenario, we're at 5 humans 3 inhumans, which puts us one miss from losing. That seems pretty bad.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:13 pm

BUT each person has a 20% chance of being inhuman, including our two dearly department / soon to be dearly departed humans. If any of the three (dead or mist-er) is a pre-inhuman then we basically lose one less person. If we're lucky then we could theoretically only lose 1 person from the misting, which would put us at possibly 1 inhuman 7 humans (if we got really lucky and both deaths were pre-inhumans)

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:27 pm

ugh, I've long since forgotten probabilities, which is disgraceful. But let's see. Basically we're talking about rolling a d5 for each person, and on a 1 they're pre-inhuman (with a max of two 'hits').

The number of possible rolls on the d5s are 125 (5x5x5).

The possible outcomes where at least one of the three is inhuman are below. Each x represents 4 possible results (2-5).

1xx (8 outcomes)
11x (4 outcomes)
111 (1 outcome)
x1x (8 outcomes)
x11 (4 outcomes)
xx1 (8 outcomes)

Which means there are 33 possible outcomes out of 125 where at least 1 otherwise dead person would've been inhuman. Which is a 26.4% chance.

There are 9 outcomes where 2 or more of the otherwise dead would've been inhuman (i.e. the best case scenario). The result where three 1s are rolled is the same as two hits since we have a 2 inhuman convert cap here). So 9/125 = 7.2% chance.

So we have a 33.6% chance of losing less than 3 humans. Which means we have a 66.4% chance of the worst case scenario.

Is that right? Like I said I've forgotten 90% of my probabilities, so it may not be right.

But it seems like not a great option.

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9516
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Vorret » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:55 pm

Maybe it's the way you wrote it but... I'm now very confused
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6387
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by RMC » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:56 pm

Vorret wrote:Maybe it's the way you wrote it but... I'm now very confused
Dude, just inhale....
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

RevHempus71
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Detention Hall
Contact:

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by RevHempus71 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:56 pm

RMC wrote:
Vorret wrote:Maybe it's the way you wrote it but... I'm now very confused
Dude, just inhale....
I always inhale.....but I'm confused too. :mrgreen:
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by El Guapo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:35 am

All right, let me summarize:

(1) After the inhuman player kills someone tonight, we have 2 dead, putting us at 1 inhuman, 8 humans in the game.
(2) There are 10 outcomes from humans getting hit by the mist, pre-assigned before the game to each of the 10 humans that we started with. Per Scoop's mist outcome chart, 2 people got assigned "get converted to inhuman" and would become inhuman if sprayed with the mist.
(3) In addition, Scoop added that if a human sprays everyone, they die, unless they are one of the two inhuman pre-converts (in which case they become inhuman)
(4) Given that, if a human sprays everyone, we probably lose 3 humans (2 humans who get converted, plus the sprayer dying).
(5) However, we would lose fewer than 3 humans if one or both of the two people who were assigned the "convert to inhuman" mist result were among the dead or the sprayer. So, for example, if theohall got the "convert to inhuman" mist result, great, because he's dead and doesn't get sprayed. Similarly, if the person who sprays everyone got the "convert to inhuman" mist result, that's ok too, because we would lose them to death anyway (although in this case the inhuman team does get another member).
(6) My last post above was an attempt to calculate the odds of Scoop randomly assigning one or both of the two convert mist outcomes to either our dead players and/or to the sprayer. Basically it's not likely (unless I messed something up, which is possible), but it's not crazy improbable either. Basically we have a 66.4% chance of losing three players (two converts + sprayer death), and a 33.6% chance of losing either one or two players.

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6387
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by RMC » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:52 am

El Guapo wrote:All right, let me summarize:

(1) After the inhuman player kills someone tonight, we have 2 dead, putting us at 1 inhuman, 8 humans in the game.
(2) There are 10 outcomes from humans getting hit by the mist, pre-assigned before the game to each of the 10 humans that we started with. Per Scoop's mist outcome chart, 2 people got assigned "get converted to inhuman" and would become inhuman if sprayed with the mist.
(3) In addition, Scoop added that if a human sprays everyone, they die, unless they are one of the two inhuman pre-converts (in which case they become inhuman)
(4) Given that, if a human sprays everyone, we probably lose 3 humans (2 humans who get converted, plus the sprayer dying).
(5) However, we would lose fewer than 3 humans if one or both of the two people who were assigned the "convert to inhuman" mist result were among the dead or the sprayer. So, for example, if theohall got the "convert to inhuman" mist result, great, because he's dead and doesn't get sprayed. Similarly, if the person who sprays everyone got the "convert to inhuman" mist result, that's ok too, because we would lose them to death anyway (although in this case the inhuman team does get another member).
(6) My last post above was an attempt to calculate the odds of Scoop randomly assigning one or both of the two convert mist outcomes to either our dead players and/or to the sprayer. Basically it's not likely (unless I messed something up, which is possible), but it's not crazy improbable either. Basically we have a 66.4% chance of losing three players (two converts + sprayer death), and a 33.6% chance of losing either one or two players.
So if newcastle did spray us all, and he is alive in the morning, then we need to lynch him?
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9516
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Game has begun

Post by Vorret » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:55 am

RMC wrote:
El Guapo wrote:All right, let me summarize:

(1) After the inhuman player kills someone tonight, we have 2 dead, putting us at 1 inhuman, 8 humans in the game.
(2) There are 10 outcomes from humans getting hit by the mist, pre-assigned before the game to each of the 10 humans that we started with. Per Scoop's mist outcome chart, 2 people got assigned "get converted to inhuman" and would become inhuman if sprayed with the mist.
(3) In addition, Scoop added that if a human sprays everyone, they die, unless they are one of the two inhuman pre-converts (in which case they become inhuman)
(4) Given that, if a human sprays everyone, we probably lose 3 humans (2 humans who get converted, plus the sprayer dying).
(5) However, we would lose fewer than 3 humans if one or both of the two people who were assigned the "convert to inhuman" mist result were among the dead or the sprayer. So, for example, if theohall got the "convert to inhuman" mist result, great, because he's dead and doesn't get sprayed. Similarly, if the person who sprays everyone got the "convert to inhuman" mist result, that's ok too, because we would lose them to death anyway (although in this case the inhuman team does get another member).
(6) My last post above was an attempt to calculate the odds of Scoop randomly assigning one or both of the two convert mist outcomes to either our dead players and/or to the sprayer. Basically it's not likely (unless I messed something up, which is possible), but it's not crazy improbable either. Basically we have a 66.4% chance of losing three players (two converts + sprayer death), and a 33.6% chance of losing either one or two players.
So if newcastle did spray us all, and he is alive in the morning, then we need to lynch him?
Yep, that means he's a baddie.
I *think* he was kidding when he said that but let's wait and see...
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

Post Reply