Star Wars - Rebels Strike Back - Total Rebel Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Star Wars - Rebels Strike Back - Day 2

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:And I have felt for a while now that the WW games may have run their course here at OO. You almost need a whole new crop of players to pump some freshness into it.
This. I keep trying to get back into the feel of the game and it just isn't happening with so many folks running silent. Hard to stir the pot when it takes so long for anyone to look at it.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I admit I've been negligent in checking this game. I will read tomorrow and try to post some thoughts later
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

tru1cy wrote:I admit I've been negligent in checking this game. I will read tomorrow and try to post some thoughts later
So you say you have been negligent in your duties to the Empire! When the Emperor hears about...oh wait...well when Vader hears about this he will choke...no, wait. Well, something bad may happen to you.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So I keep wondering if all the rebels are active and if we want to look for any in the quiet folks. I just want some activity to get this game moving. Kill the quiet ones and if we lose then blame it on them.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Lassr wrote:
tru1cy wrote:I admit I've been negligent in checking this game. I will read tomorrow and try to post some thoughts later
So you say you have been negligent in your duties to the Empire! When the Emperor hears about...oh wait...well when Vader hears about this he will choke...no, wait. Well, something bad may happen to you.
His reward for participating in the game will be a lynching or a night kill. Apparently there is a conspiracy against extroverts. It's going to end with a few people sitting around, not making eye contact, making a few surreptitious glances at their watch, and then mumbling about how they have to get up early for work the next day.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:So I keep wondering if all the rebels are active and if we want to look for any in the quiet folks. I just want some activity to get this game moving. Kill the quiet ones and if we lose then blame it on them.
Such a double edged sword. Kill the quiet ones that are not contributing, but are they rebels or just unpowered empire folks, or worse empire powered folks hiding.

But I think we have to cut the chaff, and limit who could be a rebel, so I am cool with voting for a quiet one.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

RMC wrote:
Lassr wrote:So I keep wondering if all the rebels are active and if we want to look for any in the quiet folks. I just want some activity to get this game moving. Kill the quiet ones and if we lose then blame it on them.
Such a double edged sword. Kill the quiet ones that are not contributing, but are they rebels or just unpowered empire folks, or worse empire powered folks hiding.

But I think we have to cut the chaff, and limit who could be a rebel, so I am cool with voting for a quiet one.
Hmhmmm
Always risky indeed.

Oh and off topic but the president game was very active I'm not sure why this one isn't (I've been sorta guilty of being a bit silent here I have to admit). Maybe a little break in between games? Like a month or so...

LL 

Going with one of the silent...
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere wrote:
Lassr wrote:
His reward for participating in the game will be a lynching or a night kill. Apparently there is a conspiracy against extroverts. It's going to end with a few people sitting around, not making eye contact, making a few surreptitious glances at their watch, and then mumbling about how they have to get up early for work the next day.
:lol:
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Part of the problem is that maybe 2-3 of us are "talkative" - newcastle, lassr and moliere, i'll say
the second rung where you know they are around just not intensely talking are - remus, rev, rmc, and Chaosraven
then you got the final tier of lagom, truicy, and vorret.

i think that covers just about everyone...wonder if i forgot anyone.

I'd really like to take someone out from the last tier...but it comes back to they probably are just bored non-powered....soooo....lists, lists lists....why dont folks make lists and see what we come up with?

I'll start

Leaning good -
Lassr, moliere

leaning bad -
remus, rev, lagom

leaning bored -
vorret, truicy

leaning neutral -
rmc, chaosraven,
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

and i forgot semaj...sweet
Bayraktar!!!!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:ninja:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Newcastle wrote:and i forgot semaj...sweet
NO LOVE
*sniffles*
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

semaj And isgrimur..see didnt even know they were playing and one of em is proven... :shock: :lol:

Anyway...I still like my remus vote

remus 

Bayraktar!!!!

RMC

Post by RMC »

Newcastle wrote:semaj And isgrimur..see didnt even know they were playing and one of em is proven... :shock: :lol:

Anyway...I still like my remus vote

remus 

I can go Remus, for all the reasons I have stated before. But, I worry about losing a good player if he is not a rebel. <sigh>

I am on Vorret now, but I am not convinced he is evil. Of course I am not convinced on Remus either.

I guess, I would go with my top three as: Remus, Vorret, and Lagom.

Mostly because Remus seems to be playing mad, which is somewhat his normal thing. Vorret is not involved as much as I would expect from him, I think he is trying to hide. And Lagom is my vote for a quiet person.

I am going to keep my vote on Vorret for now though.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

My suspect list:
Lagom Lite - if we're going after a silent.
Vorret - if we're going after a Canadian.
Remus West - if we're going after someone from Newcastle's second rung.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Moliere wrote:My suspect list:
:lol: :ninja: :pop:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Vorret wrote:
Didn't Canada rebel from the Empire of United States to start their own country? I don't know much about Canadian history, but I seem to recall being taught this growing up.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Moliere wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Didn't Canada rebel from the Empire of United States to start their own country? I don't know much about Canadian history, but I seem to recall being taught this growing up.
I think they were a penal colony like Australia. ;)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I find it interesting that the only real conversation comes back to people basically saying "I got nothing but may as well vote for Remus". Looks to me as though people are not actually trying to find rebels. Trouble is that it isn't one or two people that look like they are not trying but the entire bunch of us. So a trait that would normally look wolfish merely blends in.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:I find it interesting that the only real conversation comes back to people basically saying "I got nothing but may as well vote for Remus". Looks to me as though people are not actually trying to find rebels. Trouble is that it isn't one or two people that look like they are not trying but the entire bunch of us. So a trait that would normally look wolfish merely blends in.
With the limited activity it makes finding rebels a little harder. Plus after years of experience with these games everyone has wised up to certain mistakes, and all the playing styles have been tried; it's just hard to determine who is who anymore. At least to me.

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Remus West wrote:I find it interesting that the only real conversation comes back to people basically saying "I got nothing but may as well vote for Remus". Looks to me as though people are not actually trying to find rebels. Trouble is that it isn't one or two people that look like they are not trying but the entire bunch of us. So a trait that would normally look wolfish merely blends in.
I probably haven't played enough my instinct never defaults to you
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vorret wrote:
I probably haven't played enough my instinct never defaults to you
Eh, it doesn't even matter if you default to me or anyone else. The point is that if everyone's votes are based off "that's my default" then the only way we will ever win one of these games is by random chance of having our default votes line up to be all the bad guys. Hell, if that's the route we are going to run feel free to vote me off because I don't have a default vote so I'll be the equivalent of a silent for all the good I'll be doing. I don't even like my current vote, I just put it there to see how others would react to it but nobody is reacting to anything or acting. I guess it just is not possible to play these games any longer since folks do not want to find/have the time to invest in actually playing.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I dont default to voting for Remus... But man, do I remember remuscide...
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Semaj wrote:I dont default to voting for Remus... But man, do I remember remuscide...
Were you even around back then?

/dashes off to search for the old game. :D
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

You were not.

Damn poser trying to claim credit for being there. :P
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

he's relived us telling the story so much that he has created false memories.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So, is there a vote count?

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Day 2 Vote:

1. RevHempus71----------------> Newcastle,
2. Moliere ----------------------->
3. Vorret ------------------------> Lagom Lite
4. Isgrimnur -------------------->
5. Newcastle --------------------> Remus West, Lagom Lite, Remus West
6. RMC --------------------------> Remus West, Vorret
7. Tru1cy ------------------------>
8. Chaosraven ------------------> Lagom Lite
9. Lassr -------------------------> Vorret
10. Remus West ---------------> Newcastle
11. Lagom Lite ---------------->
12. Semaj ----------------------->

Dead:
Purge
Scoop 20906
Theohall

2 Lagom Lite <------------------- Chaosraven, Vorret
2 Vorret <------------------------- Lassr, RMC
1 Remus West <----------------- Newcastle
1 Newcastle <-------------------- Remus West

Majority is 7

Deadline: Tuesday - June 2nd, 9PM EST

Day: All day actions happen first come first served
Boba Fett: Who will you protect from the lynch?
Admiral Ackbar: Will you have to public declare?
Leia Organa: Who will you stun?
Vader: Who will you choke to death?
R2D2: Who will receive your 3 secret votes for a lynch?
Han Solo: Will you initiate a block? If so on who?

Anytime:
Admiral Ackbar: Did you meet your secret agenda? If so PM the Mod.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Heck, we only have 6 people who have even voted. Come on people at least vote for someone. Or post who you want to vote for, the deadline is Tuesday!
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Spoiler:
30 Hrs 12 Min :o
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

At this point I would rather have the Canadian so  Lagom Lite 

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite 

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lagom Lite 

That's five, two to go.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Okay. I am fine with going for the quiet guy.

Withdraw Vorret 

Lagom Lite 

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Isgrimnur wrote: Lagom Lite 

That's five, two to go.
you're too quick...again.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

hmm i think he's at n-1....should i scoop?
Bayraktar!!!!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lassr wrote:

That's five, two to go.
Not sure I understand.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:hmm i think he's at n-1....should i scoop?
:lol:
:pop:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr wrote:

That's five, two to go.
Not sure I understand.
He was at 4 votes. Wanted him to stay there a while.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

4 votes is still R2-bait.