It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - BB2112 burning

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Moliere

Re: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - BB2112 burning

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:
LordMortis wrote:The hidden rules were a bit whacky, but I enjoyed the story telling and pictography. :pop:
Thank you LordMortis.

I wanted the CB rulez to be unexpected. I think I succeeded! :P
They caused me to protect the wrong person. And now I can be part of the Internet meme for those who die during victory celebrations.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yea the secret rule took me from 100% sure I would live and provide an easy victory to "Oh shit, if they pick the wrong person today it is over for us kids"
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So Moliere when you flipped a coin and voted for me on day 1 did you pick up on the fact that I said to you that your flipping skills "stink"

My plan was to scan players I thought would live so we could have a voting block. Moliere was first scan then ELGuapo. The list of potential scans were Moliere, El Guapo, BB2112 and Vorret. Luckily I did not choose Vorret.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - Day 1 - Chaos Co

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:
Moliere wrote:With nothing to go on for Day 1 I will flip a coin between the two vote leaders.

withdraw the pumpkin salesman El Guapo.

Lassr 

you're flipping skills stink, may want to flip again.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So I am kind of curious why Remus didn't try to use his blood ritual power?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:So, the takeaway from this game is to keep your kids away from Scoop.
Best quote of the game. And sound practical advice too that you should probably have been following way before now.

I assume Vorret was Linus?

Could have been a bad situation if Unagi was Linus and wouldn't vote for Remus on the last day.

So RW continues his streak of being a bad guy 100% of the time on OO. This is good statistical information that will come in handy if we ever play another game. Everyone write it down. We could have saved a lot of lives if we just would have heeded this early on.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:Linus Van Pelt - Vorret
Nevermind. Just read this. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You guys came close to outing the seer on Day 1. I guess I should be grateful that I took one for the team to prevent it.

:coffee:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:[

So RW continues his streak of being a bad guy 100% of the time on OO. This is good statistical information that will come in handy if we ever play another game. Everyone write it down. We could have saved a lot of lives if we just would have heeded this early on.
Just like you should always remember that 100% of the time I am either unpowered or have shitty, useless powers.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:So Moliere when you flipped a coin and voted for me on day 1 did you pick up on the fact that I said to you that your flipping skills "stink"

My plan was to scan players I thought would live so we could have a voting block. Moliere was first scan then ELGuapo. The list of potential scans were Moliere, El Guapo, BB2112 and Vorret. Luckily I did not choose Vorret.
We might have gotten lucky and lynched Remus anyway, but that has not been my experience. You clearly won us the game. Great job with your scans Lassr.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:bb2112 plays with matches. Plus, lynching him day 1 is probably my only shot at outliving him this game. :D
Funny
Vorret wrote:Gotta move forward at some point guys...

WD Lassr 

Isgrim 

Turning point on Day 1. Vorret pushed us towards Isgrimnur for the vote.
bb2112 wrote:
Remus West wrote:Certainly not the worst possible outcome.
Says the Evil Pumpkin
:lol:
Unagi wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Unagi wrote:Really, in the memory of villages long long gone.... I'd almost feel better about missing first on a Remus/Linus - then letting a Remus/GP live another night.

know what I mean?

Conversely - Vorret hasn't had a lot of fun/luck with the evil roles and one more night will not kill the village if I've done my math right.

Makes me lean toward a Remus vote, even if I'm actually thinking Vorret is more likely GP.
Vorret just had a lot of fun as the Inhuman. The way you phrased this makes me think you are trying to steer us away from Vorret...
Not at all. Just don't like always giving Remus the 'one more day' nod and the less experienced player the axe.
I'm happy to point to this post later though and say it was because of YOU.

Let's do it.
 Vorret 

And should have listened to Unagi...

Unfortunately, I was just more certain of Vorret being evil than RW. I started second guessing myself. Almost started doing it again the last day between RW and Unagi. :oops:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop, great job on the game. For the first time ever I actually enjoyed something the Peanuts are in.

I do have a question though, what would you have done if it came down to the last 4 of us and Linus and the GP were both still alive? If we would have voted Unagi off instead of Vorret, then it would have been a bad situation. Especially since Lassr had scanned Moliere and I was a proven. Did you have a way to deal with this situation?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:[

Just like you should always remember that 100% of the time I am either unpowered or have shitty, useless powers.
Noted.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

bb2112 wrote:Scoop, great job on the game. For the first time ever I actually enjoyed something the Peanuts are in.
:angry-cussingwhite: :angry-cussingblack:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I can't believe that we played a complete game in 4.5 pages (not including the pre-game and post-game discussions).
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Lassr wrote:So Moliere when you flipped a coin and voted for me on day 1 did you pick up on the fact that I said to you that your flipping skills "stink"
:oops:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Scoop, great job on the game. For the first time ever I actually enjoyed something the Peanuts are in.
:angry-cussingwhite: :angry-cussingblack:
Was it because I ended my sentence with a preposition? I do that sometimes.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

How you can not enjoy the Peanuts is grounds for a psych eval.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Isgrimnur wrote:How you can not enjoy the Peanuts is grounds for a psych eval.
No kidding. I swear I learned to read by going to the library and checking out Peanuts books and Snoopy and Woodstock were the best thing about any holiday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef9KvEus6zM
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Fun game Scoop! I had a fun time. I was glad cb's secret power wasn't to switch sides or something. I didn't even want to bring that up.
:D
Isgrimnur wrote:You guys came close to outing the seer on Day 1. I guess I should be grateful that I took one for the team to prevent it.

:coffee:
You're welcome... :wink: :D
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Thank you Unagi. I appreciate it a lot!!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That picture was like a divine gift from the Great Pumpkin. At first I assumed that it was an image you planned to use in like the next vote or something. I assumed it was an image that may have even inspired Charlie Brown's special power. How fun that you were caught off guard by that! :D

Yeah, great write-ups too.

Just that whole -burning flag was creative alone.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote:I can't believe that we played a complete game in 4.5 pages (not including the pre-game and post-game discussions).
I'm pretty sure my old universal equation for how many pages a game may take had a modifier for if Chaosraven was in it or not. Which was compounded if Remus was also in it.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:Thank you Unagi. I appreciate it a lot!!
Yeah, the game was a lot of fun. These games generally seem pretty random and unpredictable in general, so I think adding a dose of whimsy is appropriate.

Also, I was a little surprised by the horror undertones of the game.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Halloween!!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

It was quick and fun. When I got in my second scan and debated on coming out I kept thinking I am going to make this game no fun, as I will guarantee a victory so soon but the secret power really balanced it out and caught me by surprise.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Lassr wrote:so Remus, are you pleased that Chaosraven was the target last night...
Lassr wrote:So Remus always loves to kill Chaosraven. So Chaosraven dies, is it Remus up to his old tricks or someone framing Remus, or none of the above. Until someones says something damning, that is what we have to work with. Thus the reason for my question to Remus.
Khack.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:
Lassr wrote:so Remus, are you pleased that Chaosraven was the target last night...
Lassr wrote:So Remus always loves to kill Chaosraven. So Chaosraven dies, is it Remus up to his old tricks or someone framing Remus, or none of the above. Until someones says something damning, that is what we have to work with. Thus the reason for my question to Remus.
Khack.

I so wanted to analyze Remus on night one but if he was a normal child then i feel I would have wasted the scan because I figured he would die quickly anyhow. So I stuck to my plan of scanning players I thought would live.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Chaosraven wrote:
Khack.
Khack?
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

It's a pronunciation of "Cock" shared by Remus and I when referring to the others actions.

Said with a wry half smile and flared nostrils.

"Khack"
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:How you can not enjoy the Peanuts is grounds for a psych eval.
I always thought they were boring. Plots were very slow and the jokes were terrible. The GP episode was one of the best of a bad lot. Overall I would give Peanuts a D-, just because if I gave them an E, I might be stuck with them again for another year.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:It's a pronunciation of "Cock" shared by Remus and I when referring to the others actions.

"Khack"
And with sultry eyes and a come hither look. It is very disturbing to see in person.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:It's a pronunciation of "Cock" shared by Remus and I when referring to the others actions.

"Khack"
And with sultry eyes and a come hither look. It is very disturbing to see in person.
I see.

Lassr, I think Chaosraven is hitting on you.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I do have a question though, what would you have done if it came down to the last 4 of us and Linus and the GP were both still alive? If we would have voted Unagi off instead of Vorret, then it would have been a bad situation. Especially since Lassr had scanned Moliere and I was a proven. Did you have a way to deal with this situation?
I was just wondering if you had a work around for this scenario. Scoop, you have run 2 games, the Inhuman and this one, in recent memory. Both were vastly entertaining and original. I can't give you enough props for that.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

"Khack"
I see.

Lassr, I think Chaosraven is hitting on you.
he is a sexy beast.

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Bit of an odd role, I knew of RW since the start, sadly I didn't really get to do anything about that knowledge since by the time I could have tried to divert some attention, Lassr came out with a bunch of scans making us look very guilty, at least I died before him but still, I felt a bit useless :P
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Also, I can't believe that there was a dark picture of Charlie Brown on fire, like it was made for this game. The internet is a wondrous and magical thing.
That was surprising to me too. Wub Internet. :wub:
I keep thinking about this picture. It's not just that Charlie Brown is on fire. It's that it has this dark, horror-inspired style to it which fits perfectly with the game.

Scoop, maybe you did it and uploaded it some night when you were coked out of your mind?
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Khack.
You got killed for the same reason I did. I'm me. :twisted: :cry:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »