Justice League Loses... VILLAINS WIN

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Grundbegriff

Re: Justice League the Next Generation Day 4

Post by Grundbegriff »

RMC wrote:Oh, and I owe it all to Scoop. He is the one who gave me the sage advice, "When you are a wolf, ignore everything else and just play as you normally do." So I did...
Fascinating. Well, it's a notch in your... what do werewolves have?... collar. Well played.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Grundbegriff wrote:
RMC wrote:Oh, and I owe it all to Scoop. He is the one who gave me the sage advice, "When you are a wolf, ignore everything else and just play as you normally do." So I did...
Fascinating. Well, it's a notch in your... what do werewolves have?... collar. Well played.
Let's not get crazy, it was all luck. :)

I thought the poetry would pull El Guapo back to your side.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:binky: :doh: :binky:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

RMC earns a place in the werewolf Hall of Fame. :clap: I flailed as Sinestro, scared to use my ring because I didn't want to alert GL.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:That said-- why did you come out as RR and ask to be lynched, RMC?
I am Clayface. I was going to spoof the Elongated Man, but when I assumed that Identity, I discovered that he was in the game. So that told me that their were 4 hero's and I figured I needed to be reluctant and come out. And have a non provable Hero, and one that I could use to explain my silence earlier in the game.

Then I figured what the hell, Scoop will lynch me in a second, so let's come out and play the part as if I am Red Rocket. The only logical move would be to beg to be lynched, except if we KNEW we had the bad guy. I figured it was a done deal that I was a goner.

When you guys trashed Stress, oh man, I was surprised and had no idea what to do. So I figure off the Detroit crew, WTH.

I guess I do have kind of big balls... :)

Oh, and I owe it all to Scoop. He is the one who gave me the sage advice, "When you are a wolf, ignore everything else and just play as you normally do." So I did...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXIXgwR5ih4
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

RMC wrote:I thought the poetry would pull El Guapo back to your side.
If not that, then ABBA. I was hoping he'd finally flip... and that Scoop would stay the course patiently until he did!

"There never was much hope. Only a fool's hope." ~Gandalf
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
If not that, then ABBA. I was hoping he'd finally flip... and that Scoop would stay the course patiently until he did!

I felt I was patient but when El Guapo asked if I had any non-hunch evidence I pretty much thought myself I don't have any more than what was already discussed. Odds be damned, RMC is the devil. That damn reveal was so perfectly timed and presented.

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:

I felt I was patient but when El Guapo asked if I had any non-hunch evidence I pretty much thought myself I don't have any more than what was already discussed. Odds be damned, RMC is the devil. That damn reveal was so perfectly timed and presented.
Heck, remember my first werewolf game, where I tried to frame you? I basically did it so over the top that everyone knew you were innocent. But I learned a ton at the foot of my master. Scoop is the master, I am proud as the student that I have defeated him at least once, okay maybe twice.. But I think I will always be on the Scoop short list from here on out. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:I felt I was patient but when El Guapo asked if I had any non-hunch evidence I pretty much thought myself I don't have any more than what was already discussed.
Nobody's to blame-- certainly not you, since you held out for a long time; and also not El Guapo, since his reading of the preponderance of evidence was correct. It was just a tough, tough scenario.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:

Heck, remember my first werewolf game, where I tried to frame you? I basically did it so over the top that everyone knew you were innocent. But I learned a ton at the foot of my master. Scoop is the master, I am proud as the student that I have defeated him at least once, okay maybe twice.. But I think I will always be on the Scoop short list from here on out. :)
I will never forget that first game. And yes, you shot to the top of my list going forward. But you earned that. GG. :mrgreen:

RMC

Post by RMC »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I felt I was patient but when El Guapo asked if I had any non-hunch evidence I pretty much thought myself I don't have any more than what was already discussed.
Nobody's to blame-- certainly not you, since you held out for a long time; and also not El Guapo, since his reading of the preponderance of evidence was correct. It was just a tough, tough scenario.
Yeah, I was glad I was on the side I was. Scoop and El Guapo had a tough battle, and I think they did an awesome job going over everything. :)

And Scoop, I lied, I would have had no idea on who to vote for if I were in your shoes....
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Fantastically done RMC. Coming out as RR was brilliant. No more flying under the radar for you, my friend. You just pulled off the epic win.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RMC

Post by RMC »

bb2112 wrote:Fantastically done RMC. Coming out as RR was brilliant. No more flying under the radar for you, my friend. You just pulled off the epic win.
And I got to kill yooooouuuuuuu, and your little friend Remus too! :lol:
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Fantastically done RMC. Coming out as RR was brilliant. No more flying under the radar for you, my friend. You just pulled off the epic win.
And I got to kill yooooouuuuuuu, and your little friend Remus too! :lol:
:lol: Couldn't get it done by day, but definitely got it done by night.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

WHAHHHH!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This was supposed to be my epic win! I got all the kill votes!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Oops! Oh well. Like I said, though, I'm kicking myself way more over the stessier vote. The villain had to be between RMC and Grund, and we had the time but pissed it away on stessier. Sigh.

Well done RMC.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

El Guapo wrote:Oops! Oh well. Like I said, though, I'm kicking myself way more over the stessier vote. The villain had to be between RMC and Grund, and we had the time but pissed it away on stessier. Sigh.

Well done RMC.
Do you think I could have changed your vote over to RMC?

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:
WHAHHHH!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This was supposed to be my epic win! I got all the kill votes!!
You just need to kill better in the future. :twisted:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I thought RMC was screwed after this gem here :
bb2112 wrote: 5 things.

1. Who is always evil and who is always good of the Detroit crew? And don't say that I'm due, because we have used that logic in the last 4 games and it hasn't worked out. Ever.
2. You are checking the thread, but not changing your vote to Vorret. Any reason why?
3. And when you are thinking about your reason, review your "Of course I am usually wrong" comment above about yourself. Then think hard about this, is this one of those times.
4. When finished, please respond with a reply.
5. Thanks.

But no... he managed to survive. Good job!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Oops! Oh well. Like I said, though, I'm kicking myself way more over the stessier vote. The villain had to be between RMC and Grund, and we had the time but pissed it away on stessier. Sigh.

Well done RMC.
Do you think I could have changed your vote over to RMC?
Possibly. If nothing else, if you had refused to change your vote I wasn't going to stare at you forever. More generally I knew there was material risk, so there was room for persuasion, but hunches wasn't going to do it.

Actually you know what would have given me pause? I forgot that RMC was Mara Jade. I thought it was Remus. He is the devil indeed.

All that aside, you got it right and I got it wrong.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I think this was my first final vote, incidentally.
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

RMC - ClayFace
Vorret - Riddler
Moliere - Sinestro

stessier Green Lantern
Scoop Captain Marvel
Grund Elongated Man
Isgrimnur Doctor Fate

Night 0
Villains kill RevHempus71
Isgrimnur scans Vorret (Riddler)
Clayface is DR FATE (DR FATE IS IN THE GAME)
Moliere notified GREEN LANTERN IS IN THE GAME

Day 1
Riddler asks : Is Scoop Atom? (NO)
Clayface is CAPTAIN MARVEL (CAPTAIN MARVEL IS IN THE GAME)
Scoop reveals as CAPTAIN MARVEL
JLA lynches Vorret (Riddler)

Night 1

Isgrimnur scans Moliere (Sinestro)
Villains kill Isgrimnur
Isgrimnur sends message to Scoop (Vorret Riddler, Moliere Sinestro - Enjoy.)
Clayface is SUPERMAN (superman is not in the game, no notification)

Day 2

Moliere uses the Ring
First use it on Grundbegriff.
Second use it on stessier.
JLA lynches Moliere (Sinestro)
Clayface neglects to send an order

Night 2

stessier uses the Ring
on Remus West
Villains kill bb2112
Claface is Elongated Man (ELONGATED MAN IS IN THE GAME)

Day 3
Clayface is ROCKET RED (rocket red is not in the game)
JLA lynches stessier (Green Lantern)

Night 3

Villains kill Remus West
Clayface is GREEN LANTERN (green lantern is not in the game)
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

That's to the best of my recollection... the No Order from Clayface may just be me deleting the PM
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Isgrimnur

Re: Justice League Loses... VILLAINS WIN

Post by Isgrimnur »

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. :snooty:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Chaosraven wrote:That's to the best of my recollection... the No Order from Clayface may just be me deleting the PM
Yeah, I sent an order... Not sure what it was to tell you the truth though.. The EM scan/copy/whatever was the one that helped me spoof the right guy. :)

If both Grund and I said we were EM, then I think I would have been a dead man.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

As you knew Fate, Marvel, GL were in the game, I am sure it was something that got you no reply.
"Where are you off to?"

stessier

Post by stessier »

I never really read the Clay face description or tried to understand it. Had any of us picked up on its scanning ability, it would have turned the day as we were all asking how RMC could have known EM existed. Well done RMC...really nice. And sorry Grund.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:And sorry Grund.
No worries. Now we know what happens when the mod assigns me an unprovable good role immune to night kill that I have to claim late in the game.
RMC

Post by RMC »

stessier wrote:I never really read the Clay face description or tried to understand it. Had any of us picked up on its scanning ability, it would have turned the day as we were all asking how RMC could have known EM existed. Well done RMC...really nice. And sorry Grund.
Yeah, when everyone was talking about scans, I was really hoping Clay face would not be mentioned. :)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

After badgering Moliere to help us lynch Vorret by swearing to support his play on Day 2, I figured that I should probably scan him before I took his lead.

I even PMed CR to make sure that I would get the results before any night kill and would be able to communicate that info in the event that I was killed. And then I was killed. With only one proven good guy, I sent the info where it needed to go.

Lynching GL when I handed you Sinestro is definitely one of the most head-scratching moments that I've ever seen. Sinestro is the only one that could have gotten by being tested for GL impersonation.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

That was a great move Issy.

And about that. Why did I survive so long?!

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:That was a great move Issy.

And about that. Why did I survive so long?!
Cuz your butt is cute in those pants. Shazam!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote:After badgering Moliere to help us lynch Vorret by swearing to support his play on Day 2, I figured that I should probably scan him before I took his lead.

I even PMed CR to make sure that I would get the results before any night kill and would be able to communicate that info in the event that I was killed. And then I was killed. With only one proven good guy, I sent the info where it needed to go.

Lynching GL when I handed you Sinestro is definitely one of the most head-scratching moments that I've ever seen. Sinestro is the only one that could have gotten by being tested for GL impersonation.
I had you killed because I didn't trust that you would follow my lead. Another time that I could have used my ring, but didn't want to alert GL. :shifty:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Moliere wrote:I had you killed because I didn't trust that you would follow my lead.
And that was sufficient to move me to the top of the list? Seems like there would have been better targets available.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:RMC, who would you vote for if you were in El Guapo or myself shoe's?
You know that is a great question. Grund is outstanding in these games, very thoughtful and always very analytical. He provides excellent input and ferrets out information that others miss. He is also a very good opponent in whatever role he has. I think he always uses all opportunities to maximize his power set. With that said, he planted bread crumbs that could always be used or ignored as needed, which one would expect from Grund. He did a masterful job, of coming out when he did, for the reasons he outlined. If I didn't know how was whom, I might vote for Grund as well.

And add into the history I have with you, Scoop, since there was a game of WW, Star Wars flavored, in which I was Mara Jade, and won the game on being converted after I think I was proven, I am sure this puts a more focused view on me.

But Grund waited until all the hero's were reveled and then came out with an unprovable role by us. He had the perfect excuse for why a night kill happened and it not be him as the target. All he needed to do was come out when you were all asking for all the heroes to come out. But he waited for me to come out. Now I think I hinted I was a special before coming out, so that might have helped Grund, and he might have suspected that I was red Rocket, since that is the only hero I pointed out. No way to know what Grund was thinking in reality.

I think I would still vote for Grund, because he is the more likely to be lying in this situation. But I think my view is a little skewed, since I know who is telling the truth.
I was completely on the "lynch Grund" bandwagon until this post and specifically the colored part. Even to the point that I had PM'd Grund to ask and did not believe his PM'd claim of Elongatedman! That part though was a HUGE "poke the innocents" moment for me.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Moliere wrote:I had you killed because I didn't trust that you would follow my lead.
And that was sufficient to move me to the top of the list? Seems like there would have been better targets available.
The secondary benefit was that I hoped it made me look innocent since I was losing a potential ally with your death.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:RMC, who would you vote for if you were in El Guapo or myself shoe's?
You know that is a great question. Grund is outstanding in these games, very thoughtful and always very analytical. He provides excellent input and ferrets out information that others miss. He is also a very good opponent in whatever role he has. I think he always uses all opportunities to maximize his power set. With that said, he planted bread crumbs that could always be used or ignored as needed, which one would expect from Grund. He did a masterful job, of coming out when he did, for the reasons he outlined. If I didn't know how was whom, I might vote for Grund as well.
I was completely on the "lynch Grund" bandwagon until this post and specifically the colored part. Even to the point that I had PM'd Grund to ask and did not believe his PM'd claim of Elongatedman! That part though was a HUGE "poke the innocents" moment for me.
I paused over it, too (because of the "how" and "whom"-- shut up, haters), but I understood him to mean, "If I didn't know... because it's down to the two of us and I'm good." So I didn't regard it as a Poke the Innocents blunder.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:
RMC wrote:
I paused over it, too (because of the "how" and "whom"-- shut up, haters), but I understood him to mean, "If I didn't know... because it's down to the two of us and I'm good." So I didn't regard it as a Poke the Innocents blunder.
Yeah, that was me typing in between meetings at work. My new corporate overlords seem to think that managers need to be in meetings like 95% of the time to avoid letting us make decisions....
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I read it as "If I didn't know who was who I'd make the same mistake and vote Grund."

Of course, it wouldn't have mattered because I wouldn't have had the patience to poke and prod on that final day and would have voted for Grund long before that post. :oops:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Did it make any difference that I removed myself from the pool by capitulating? In retrospect, I actually feel like that helped just because of how much distrust I already had on me. But I could be way off on that read as I was on the other. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles